Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Prisoner of Jathsogur Glitch

• imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to Monday morning, when everyone has to go back to work and I have a chance to log on and maybe finish this thing without 25 lions and bears running all over the place. It is insane how many players want to ruin this quest/game for a whole group of people.
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • FireflyNeph
    FireflyNeph
    ✭✭
    Reposting for anyone just finding this thread.

From July 2
    Hi everyone,

As an update, we do still plan to roll out a fix for the issues impacting completion of this quest and The Moonlit Path, in the next incremental patch. (And all console patches must go through certification.) As mentioned previously, this is not something we can hotfix--we're redesigning how these quests complete to prevent the current issue from happening. Unfortunately, that patch is now a few weeks out at this time. In the meantime, you may be able to complete these quests when there are fewer players around, or immediately after a server reboot. We do apologize for the frustration--please know that we genuinely are working to resolve the issue as quickly as we can.

PS4 NA
  • CinaminLips
    This quest is broken as sh#&. Even with everyone working together, it still doesn't work. I'm stuck on defeat the Silvenar's captor. He's not even loading downstairs anymore. This is ridiculous.
  • shootmealready
    shootmealready
    Soul Shriven
    So I'm sitting on top of the quest and to my count we have 30 people here 25 of which are downstairs all naked just dancing and being fools, and there are about 5 sitting on the spawn point just waiting for her to spawn........seriously fix this crap, I'm way too OCD to not complete this quest for the storyline, I have been trying to complete this quest for 5 hours now non-stop.

EDIT= I'm on Xbox One US server, gamertag is the same as my forum name, so if you feel like actually doing something about it just look me up and come take a look.
    For me this is a serious game-breaker, you can't expect someone who loves to play games like ES/Fallout not to do the story and progress with the game.
    Edited by shootmealready on July 6, 2015 4:23AM
  • mbaker540
    mbaker540
    ✭✭
    So I'm sitting on top of the quest and to my count we have 30 people here 25 of which are downstairs all naked just dancing and being fools, and there are about 5 sitting on the spawn point just waiting for her to spawn........seriously fix this crap, I'm way too OCD to not complete this quest for the storyline, I have been trying to complete this quest for 5 hours now non-stop.

EDIT= I'm on Xbox One US server, gamertag is the same as my forum name, so if you feel like actually doing something about it just look me up and come take a look.
    For me this is a serious game-breaker, you can't expect someone who loves to play games like ES/Fallout not to do the story and progress with the game.

Your name is fitting for how this quest makes me feel. We have almost had it about 5 times, but people keep killing her on purpose. I wish reporting the people had real consequences. Instead we are ignored.
    Xbox One ~ Aldmeri Dominion
  • Tats
    Tats
    ✭✭✭
    worst designed quest ever..
  • Karlsonation
    While we wait for this quest to be fixed in two weeks... three weeks... or sometime down the road (maybe) we can always go drop $30 for a reskin of a horse mount! I'm really irritated that this game-breaking glitch isn't a higher priority for the developers, especially with the multitude of players trying to get past it and utterly wasting hours of their life in the process. I've stopped playing altogether for the past couple days actually. It's a shame, too, because I was having a lot of fun with the game until this sour experience.
  • GT459
    GT459
    11692545_10155832627940457_2370987003544957011_n.jpg?oh=479c8f699092307ec51b4c2b845a7cc4&oe=565B7DB7

This may be player confusion - seeing as they don't seem to understand that if everyone just leaves the quest area might reset and then you can kill the adds that *hopefully* will spawn downstairs.

But @ZOS_JessicaFolsom the quest is clearly broken. Which sucks, because I'd really like to progress the story

11539713_10155832644565457_8488342940248023718_n.jpg?oh=be89cf5174c581f0912f196067feb2ed&oe=56103F20

^^ That's me downstairs, where clearly no-one is attacking the Silvenar.
  • shootmealready
    shootmealready
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah it's complete confusion and a jumblef***, there are some that actually want to go on with the story like myself, i've been having a blast these last few weeks off playing this game because of shoulder surgery i'm out for another 2 months, but if i can't complete this quest i'm going to have a lot of characters at the same spot if they don't fix it. This makes me want to just delete my 3 characters on destiny just to level them back up and gear them the exact same, at least that game didn't have quest bugs like this. ALSO recieved a email this morning from zenith, just basically stating that as a workthrough people need to wait till the person goes downstairs to kill her...........YEAH RIGHT! There are too many people just enjoying the complete screwing of people that want to finish this quest and move on.
  • ceb687
    ceb687
    Soul Shriven
    Just adding my frustration to this thread. All of the stupid people kill the mob before they even get down the stairs and trigger the actual enemy that you have to kill. There is no way to coordinate everyone, especially the trolls and I have been stuck on this quest for over a week. Either make this a solo area or change the quest so that we don't have to wait for a spawn and then some magic to happen before we get to the next part of the quest.
  • GT459
    GT459
    ceb687 wrote: »
    Just adding my frustration to this thread. All of the stupid people kill the mob before they even get down the stairs and trigger the actual enemy that you have to kill. There is no way to coordinate everyone, especially the trolls and I have been stuck on this quest for over a week. Either make this a solo area or change the quest so that we don't have to wait for a spawn and then some magic to happen before we get to the next part of the quest.

Just make the spawn immune to damage until it has progressed. Although it's my understanding that the spawn has nothing to do with progressing "Defending the Silvenar" - She is part of the initial bit, that gets skipped because it's never empty, so can never reset. :(
  • Chuy7519
    Chuy7519
    Soul Shriven
    a bunch of people actually teamed up and made a line outside the main hall. it was amazing to see that type of team work and coordination but like always 3 people stayed inside the hall and wouldn't move. we reported them and got them out, in that point more came in and started trolling again. the spawn really has to be fixed!!!
  • TheFirk
    TheFirk
    What's the expected release date for the patch that will fix this? From what I've gathered it could be anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks.
    Edited by TheFirk on July 7, 2015 3:30AM
  • GT459
    GT459
    Question - What did you do to the quest just now @ZOS_JessicaFolsom?

Whatever it was worked :) I love you.

Edit* Never mind it broke voice chat :) Swings and round-a-bouts hey :P
    Edited by GT459 on July 7, 2015 3:59AM
  • Renton1129
    Renton1129
    Soul Shriven
    Gemini-Cru wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

I managed to do this last night with a few others. I also captured the video in case it would help others.

See here: http://youtu.be/lIZjgsEmGlY

If only people would watch this and understand..
  • mbaker540
    mbaker540
    ✭✭
    So now I'm stuck on this quest and the The Moonlit Path....................... ZoS fix it now! :disappointed:
    Xbox One ~ Aldmeri Dominion
  • Barn312009
    Barn312009
    Soul Shriven
    Lol I got lucky on moonlight, happened to walk in right as it was working, got it done
  • cbbred
    cbbred
    Its a difficult change, as they have said (many times) they are working on it, but its not just as simple as a maintenance update. It needs to be updated for console and approved, which takes time. Its annoying but you can move forward in the dominion and main, storyline.
    Xbox-NA
  • Darklistener666
    Darklistener666
    Soul Shriven
    Why is this still an issue?? I and many others are going to stop playing this game if this is not fixed!!!
    Here in the forest dark and deep. I offer you eternal sleep.

-Dread Father Sithis
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is this still an issue?? I and many others are going to stop playing this game if this is not fixed!!!
    Because the patch to fix it hasn't gone out yet? Something can't be fixed until it's been patched! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ceb687
    ceb687
    Soul Shriven
    Renton1129 wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

I managed to do this last night with a few others. I also captured the video in case it would help others.

A bunch of us (25-30 people) just barely did it. We had to clear the building out to let the area reset. Once everyone cleared out and went back to the tree, we went back into the building and the crystal was glowing even though Drauginas (or whatever her name is) wasn't anywhere to be seen. We just went downstairs, talked the silvenar, owned the two or three waves and then teleported out of there and completed the quest. SO AWESOME TO FIND PEOPLE TO FINISH IT WITH!
    Edited by ceb687 on July 7, 2015 2:36PM
  • CharlieDango
    CharlieDango
    Soul Shriven
    Ahhhh! So I'm not crazy. I was wondering why every time I went to that building there was always a bunch of people in there hanging around.
  • Mistasergio
    Mistasergio
    Soul Shriven
    This broke my ESO heart. The quest is designed strange but that wasn't the heart breaking part...it was that there are people who sign on and stay in that room for hours to keep this quest from finishing for a room of about 40 others. The same people breaking the quest for hours..... and the reports get ignored - no mods ever showed to help...things like this left a lot of players discouraged in the different instances I saw... really disappointed.
  • Pollux_Bray
    this is inconvenient as f***... lol and patching it in '2-3 weeks' is also inconvenient as f***. you have to get permission to fix this bug? what? were not asking you to add naked women/men to the list of npc's. were asking for a fix to this inconvenient as f*** problem.

sincerely, the f****** inconveniently inconvenient guy
    Max Clothier, Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Provisioning, Alchemy. Master of Motifs. I take orders for items, either your mats + a tip or mine, market price of all materials included + 20% for work done. Cheers.
  • Elements001
    I don't know if this has already been suggested, but why don't they just make it a solo mission area in the fortress. I believe it should fix the issue.
  • Darklistener666
    Darklistener666
    Soul Shriven
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Because the patch to fix it hasn't gone out yet? Something can't be fixed until it's been patched! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Um... Duh.. Why is this still a problem after It was discovered on PC Forever ago?
    Here in the forest dark and deep. I offer you eternal sleep.

-Dread Father Sithis
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XBox One, NA server. My game got "stuck" at "Defeat the Silvenar's Captor", where the captor never showed up. The room was completely filled with other players waiting. Rather funny.

But what made it worse was the constant "I can see my prison..." dialogue that started every single time I swapped zones. It got so frustrating, I just abandoned the quest. Turns out it's not important, so I may return to it later.

There's another glitch in Reaper's March having to do with the Moonmat (or something like that) where I'm supposed to find the quest giver south of the wayshrine, but s/he isn't there and there's no way to start the quest. I did the quest to get the ring, but that didn't result in a "You solved..." dialogue, so something's missing.
    :(
  • Renton1129
    Renton1129
    Soul Shriven
    ceb687 wrote: »
    Renton1129 wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

A bunch of us (25-30 people) just barely did it. We had to clear the building out to let the area reset. Once everyone cleared out and went back to the tree, we went back into the building and the crystal was glowing even though Drauginas (or whatever her name is) wasn't anywhere to be seen. We just went downstairs, talked the silvenar, owned the two or three waves and then teleported out of there and completed the quest. SO AWESOME TO FIND PEOPLE TO FINISH IT WITH!

It's entertaining to me trying to explain that to people. It also seems to blow peoples minds when I tell them forums exist where the issue is being discussed and is noticed by admins. Reading.. Who would have thought it might come in use one day?
    Keep up the good work admins. Some people just need to learn patience. It's nice to see you guys active in the forums. :)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Um... Duh.. Why is this still a problem after It was discovered on PC Forever ago?
    It never lasted on PC because players weren't all bunched up together for such a long period of time. There were loads of low-level quests just after launch that bugged out due to having too many players trying to complete them at once, but as the player base spread out, the issue fixed itself, so not many of them were directly patched.
    you have to get permission to fix this bug? what? were not asking you to add naked women/men to the list of npc's. were asking for a fix to this inconvenient [...] problem.
    To fix the bug, they have to release a patch. Patches have to be certified by the first parties, and there's nothing they can do about that.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just logged on at 5am Eastern time, hoping that there would be a chance that I would be able to complete this quest before maintenance but, of course, there are 30 people in the room with 5 of them trolling the NPC spawn point.
    Giggling every time they kill her.
    I agree that ZOS should pay more attention to the amount of reported players. The trolls are really leaving a bad taste in everyone's mouth. (Probably the Troll Fat) and it is ruining the community/gameplay.
    I love the Elder Scrolls series, always have loved them. That is why I play this game. It is my first MMO but the other players with bad sportsmanship (if that is the word to use) are definitely hurting ZOS's product.
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready