Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Prisoner of Jathsogur Glitch

• AISHIITERU
    when i played on my first character the quest worked fine, no problem
    right on my 2nd character its bugged for everyone i know, its probely just too busy in the building, the server cant active the enemies with soo much ghost tigers and stuff going on , the last 10 game restarts had rooms between 20 and 100 ppl inside the building
    and still bugged.
  • Cyb3rPunk76
    Cyb3rPunk76
    ✭✭
    I can't stop smiling and I felt like I accomplished something that is very difficult.

It's not difficult! The only problem is, that most of the people are just dumb!

And I also don't understand why it's not fixed yet. It's so very simple to fix it...

Edited by Cyb3rPunk76 on July 10, 2015 6:02AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FMarin83 wrote: »
    Any word why it wasn't patched at maintenance?

This is our latest update. We don't have any new info to share at this time.
    Hi everyone,

We wanted to provide an update for where we're at with the issue many of you are experiencing while trying to complete The Prisoner of Jathsogur quest in Malabal Tor. We are redesigning how this quest is completed to prevent the quest blocker you're currently running into. This requires some code changes, so it is not something we can hotfix. The changes will go into the next incremental patch for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. As many of you know, console patches do require some extra time for certification. That means the patch will not be going out this week or next, but we are working to get it to you as soon as possible. As soon as we have a date for the patch, we'll share it with you.

We sincerely thank you for your patience as we work to improve the game for you.
    Aw Jess, you didn't answer the actual question by FMarin83. The reason it wasn't patched in the maintenance is because it was an emergency maintenance to fix login and server issues. The patch to fix the quest will be released in a regular scheduled maintenance, when it has finished going through first-party certification. While ZOS have no new info, certification takes a couple of weeks, so the patch should be expected before the end of the month.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • MasterLucky
    MasterLucky
    Soul Shriven
    I was stuck on this mission for a couple of days. But I just logged in, went to the Silvenar and there were no other players in the tower. So I could finally finish the quest. I'm so happy right now.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was stuck on this mission for a couple of days. But I just logged in, went to the Silvenar and there were no other players in the tower. So I could finally finish the quest. I'm so happy right now.
    That was how the issue went away on PC. Slowly people got through it, either because nobody was there or because they coordinated themselves to get through together.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Celestrael
    Celestrael
    ✭✭✭
    I was just about to come here and complain. When I was playing last night there were like 50 players all piled up in that damn room and no one knew what they were doing and half weren't in the area chat (because lets face it, area chat is annoying) and there was no way to coordinate it. They should just fix it, it's absolutely ridiculous this glitched quest made it over to console. It should have been resolved eons ago.
    Celestrael: 45 Imperial Vampire - Templar Magicka Tank
    Order of Enigma
    Aldmeri Dominion - PS4: North America

Looking for other gaymers on PS4 NA Aldmeri Dominion, feel free to add me! PSN: Celestrael
  • XtraGamer
    XtraGamer
    Soul Shriven
    Just logged in there now (EU server) and there's no one around, so now might be a good time for others if you need to complete it!
  • FMarin83
    FMarin83
    Enodoc wrote: »
    FMarin83 wrote: »
    Any word why it wasn't patched at maintenance?

This is our latest update. We don't have any new info to share at this time.
    Hi everyone,

We wanted to provide an update for where we're at with the issue many of you are experiencing while trying to complete The Prisoner of Jathsogur quest in Malabal Tor. We are redesigning how this quest is completed to prevent the quest blocker you're currently running into. This requires some code changes, so it is not something we can hotfix. The changes will go into the next incremental patch for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. As many of you know, console patches do require some extra time for certification. That means the patch will not be going out this week or next, but we are working to get it to you as soon as possible. As soon as we have a date for the patch, we'll share it with you.

We sincerely thank you for your patience as we work to improve the game for you.
    Aw Jess, you didn't answer the actual question by FMarin83. The reason it wasn't patched in the maintenance is because it was an emergency maintenance to fix login and server issues. The patch to fix the quest will be released in a regular scheduled maintenance, when it has finished going through first-party certification. While ZOS have no new info, certification takes a couple of weeks, so the patch should be expected before the end of the month.

ZOS should apply to be the Press Secretary.
    There is no try.
  • oXb3
    oXb3
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stop smiling and I felt like I accomplished something that is very difficult.

It's not difficult! The only problem is, that most of the people are just dumb!

And I also don't understand why it's not fixed yet. It's so very simple to fix it...

It takes so long to patch things on consoles because the patches have to go though Microsoft/Sony before they can be released...it unfortunately takes awhile...
    Elder Scrolls is my second home.
    Xbox One/Steam: oXb3
    twitter
  • phaseadept
    phaseadept
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Is it possible to put a GM in a few of the instances to help with crowd control?

If enough people finish the quest the population in the room will drop. At the same time the GM can kick people intentionally trolling.

This would help tremendously. Thanks.
  • Celestrael
    Celestrael
    ✭✭✭
    So I work third shift (9pm - 7am) and when I came home this morning, instead of going straight to bed like i usually do I fired up ESO and my character was still in the fortress. It was empty, and I was able to do the quest without a hitch.

Basically, until the patch is dropped at the end of the month, you should should just do it at odd/off hours when there's not 50+ people crammed in there mucking it up.
    Celestrael: 45 Imperial Vampire - Templar Magicka Tank
    Order of Enigma
    Aldmeri Dominion - PS4: North America

Looking for other gaymers on PS4 NA Aldmeri Dominion, feel free to add me! PSN: Celestrael
  • phaseadept
    phaseadept
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe I'm gonna set an alarm to do a quest. . .
  • Zombielord1985
    Zombielord1985
    Soul Shriven
    Just came to say after a week and a half i finally completed the quest! Logged in around 1 pm today and there was just me and one other guy in there. Couldnt believe it! Good luck everyone!
  • AISHIITERU
    hopeless_support.jpg

pfff doesnt help either since there is allways noobs upstairs ..
  • Diab3ticBatman
    Just be thankful that ZOS has a customer support team. A lot of game developers could care less. Post in our forums we are listening, but never a reply. ZOS replies, they send you emails about the issues and do their best to help you if it is within their control. While I also cannot complete this and am very annoyed with this game right now, to the point where I want to quit completely and say to heck with this game, I know they are trying to fix it as fast as they can, and that they are trying. That wins points for me. They are trying to fix it, and letting us know the updates on it. Thats dedication, holmes. However, It wouldnt be so bad if you didnt have that one troll sitting in a stupid chair or laughing killing her every single time, thinking he is hilarious. Ive heard workarounds for this, but its hard to kick people for if they have the quest or not. Im not sure there is anyway to check. And as far as who has spirit animal, who doesnt. I have lost my spirit animal somewhere. It has disappeared on me completely, and I dont know how to get it back. But I have the quest and cant complete it, so i dont know.
    The Wolfpack Guard is looking for members on Xbox One. If you are with the Aldmeri Dominion, and looking for a good guild with good people who will help each other and work together, this guild may be for you.
    WE RUN AS ONE!
  • nichols2b14_ESO
    nichols2b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Solution:

Another player was gracious enough to hang around in the room and share her soltion. While standing in that main room (whether your mission says 'defend...' or 'defeat..."), log out and log back in. For whatever reason it will load a different 'instance' that will allow you to kill the enemy woman in the middle of the room and then talk to the Silvenar downstairs.

You may have to try this more than once (I had to log out and log back in 3 times before it worked), but it worked for me and I was able to complete the quest and move on.

• phaseadept
    phaseadept
    ✭✭✭
    Logged in at 6am pacific to 15 people waiting.

We waited for her to go downstairs and someone logged in, in the middle of the room and pulled her.

Waited till 7am pacific and went back to sleep.
  • Cyb3rPunk76
    Cyb3rPunk76
    ✭✭
    It takes so long to patch things on consoles because the patches have to go though Microsoft/Sony before they can be released...it unfortunately takes awhile...

Okay that's maybe true, but people are really dumb! Sorry we tried the last days multiple times to finish the quest. There are enough videos on YT, showing how to solve it. It requires that everybody is working together. But you know what? We found people,

- they attacked the add every single time! (Always the same person!)
    - they stand next to the Silvenar, blocking the R2 button and continously fire flame bolts to Silvernar and blocking the respawn of the add
    - they thought we are lying to them and trying to cheat
    - they cannot stand still for a few minutes

A lot of people were trying to work together, but the rest is just dumb! The lack of a text chat makes also more difficult to manage this crowd....

Again: It can be done, we have to work together!
  • Adamsy
    Adamsy

Okay that's maybe true, but people are really dumb! Sorry we tried the last days multiple times to finish the quest. There are enough videos on YT, showing how to solve it. It requires that everybody is working together. But you know what? We found people,

- they attacked the add every single time! (Always the same person!)
    - they stand next to the Silvenar, blocking the R2 button and continously fire flame bolts to Silvernar and blocking the respawn of the add
    - they thought we are lying to them and trying to cheat
    - they cannot stand still for a few minutes

A lot of people were trying to work together, but the rest is just dumb! The lack of a text chat makes also more difficult to manage this crowd....

Again: It can be done, we have to work together!

yeah a chat window would of been ideal in this situation, simple cos not everybody uses a headset.
  • mbaker540
    mbaker540
    ✭✭
    I've tried multiple things to get this to work including the log in and log out multiple times method and I always get the short end of the stick. I was able to finish The Moonlit Path yesterday.

Instead of giving us a short term work around they should have known this was going to be a problem and just fix this before it was going to be an issue.
    Xbox One ~ Aldmeri Dominion
  • Murduhrah
    Murduhrah

For the people that are still having issues with this quest, I was able to complete it this morning and it took a lot of patience. Here's some insight on what you need to do.

-Stay inside the Prison, and keep logging in and out until your objective says 'Defeat the Captor'
    -The best time to do this quest is between 5AM - 8AM, my timezone is EST.
    -Patience is a virtue, I was going to log out but decided to relog a few times and there she was.
    -Yes I did stay up all night, so I recommend you do the same. Unless you can wake up early in the morning.
    -I got extremely lucky, so wear some good luck charms prior to doing this. *Kidding*
    "Even though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea" - Led Zeppelin
  • usula
    usula
    ✭✭
    If this quest ever gets fixed, I will miss the Silvenars voice telling me "I can see my prison..the fortress on the hill..come up!"..every time I zone or travel no matter where.
  • FMarin83
    FMarin83
    Any word for PS4? This is flat out annoying. I have only logged once during the past week to check and try for hours. I'm gonna return the game.
    There is no try.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Did you saw this quote??

This statement still stands. I am on PC and clicked away the info box cause there is no maintanance for pc this week, but if I remember correctly, the xbox and ps4 megaservers get updated tonight and that should contain the fix they have been talking bout. Not 100% garanteed though, but it wont happen until the next patch anyways. So best is to test after every patch till it is fixed. if it wasnt in the patch it is still on the roll for a future one.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • FMarin83
    FMarin83
    It's a cop out. This has been a problem on PC. 2 Maintenance has already happened since that post, still nothing. Not even an update.
    There is no try.
  • neocron79
    neocron79
    Soul Shriven
    I am most dissapointed in what I have seen regarding this quest, both from ZOS as well as other players. In fact, I don't think disappointed quite nails it. Disgusted is more accurate, I think. I got to this quest on Saturday and since then I have been exposed to the worst of the worst in regards to the playerbase. Area chat.... pah! More like Gutter chat. Nothing but disgusting filth that would make even the most experienced Lady of the Night blush like a pink-faced school girl.

To say nothing of the behavior I have seen. People intentionally trolling other people, making obscene tea-bagging emotes... it's like this game is played by nothing but immature 13-year old children. And it's absolutely disgusting! And what do I see from ZOS about all this? Feeble advice about trying to do the quest when there are fewer people around... or trying to coral the people in the room to coordinate and do things a certain way. Or do something else like PVP or make an alt.

This needs to be addressed NOW. Granted, I have not been stuck on this quest nearly as long as some people have... but let me just say that every day more and more people are getting to this quest and getting shoehorned into the rotting cesspool that is the behavior of other players. Instead of putting out limited edition $30 horses, issues such as this need to be addressed. Or is there anyone at ZOS who seriously believes that issues such as this and behavior such as this isn't and won't have a negative impact on ESO Plus adoption? I myself have questioned whether I wish to continue my ESO Plus membership... and I surely can't be the only one doing so.

As it stands, I have ceased streaming the game on Twitch... no point in exposing the filfth and degenerate behavior of asinine children to others... especially those who might be on the fence about purchasing the game...
  • mbaker540
    mbaker540
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

So I thought the fix for this quest was going to be in the next patch (came out today).

I wasn't surprised to to see it was not fixed when I went there.

*Slow Clap*
    Xbox One ~ Aldmeri Dominion
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mbaker540 wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

So I thought the fix for this quest was going to be in the next patch (came out today).

I wasn't surprised to to see it was not fixed when I went there.

*Slow Clap*
    @mbaker540 There was no patch today, just server maintenance, so "next patch" still stands.
  • Miqula
    Miqula
    You all can complete this quest. I agree this needs to be fixed but if you follow a couple different strategies, it is possible. Let's first discuss how this quest works and then how it breaks.

Works: you zone in, you quest should start as " defeat the capture"... If you zone in and the instance is not bugged or already in progress, you kill the girl up stairs right where she stands ( do not drag her down stairs or wait for her to do anything). She is not timed, she is triggered by the quest and someone with it zoning in. Just kill her, don't move her. At this point, if not bugged, the ghost of silvanar will spawn upstairs and tell you to follow him down stairs - your new quest should say " talk to the silvanar ". Go down stairs and talk to him. Your quest will advance to " defend the silvanar". You defend him against 3 waves of mobs ( which spawn on the stairs and come down the stairs). You must ki them down stairs or risk getting them aggroed and killed upstairs by people confused waiting or killing the girl. So, try hard to get everyone down stairs when these waves are spawning. After the third wave, the chief will spawn on the stairs and also run down stairs. Kill him down stairs as well. Any one, no matter what their quest says.. That is down stairs when he dies will get completion credit for this quest. At this point, the silvanar opens a portal and you portal out and you are done with the tower quest.

How it breaks: if there is a wave step downstairs in progress and the wave mobs get pulled up stairs and Killed with the capture.. It can bug out. If the wave mobs get pulled upstairs, one of them runs through the wall near the door and the quest bugs out. If anyone pulls the upstairs girl down stairs while a wave step is in progress and the upstairs and down stairs portions \ mobs get mixed up and killed by people flagged on different parts of the quest, the quest bugs. If someone zones or logs in with the defeat flag and other people without the defeat flag kill "your" spawn and you have not participated, the quest bugs. Basically keep the upstairs mob and the downstairs mobs seperate in their proper locations.

If you zone in and think there is any possibility there is a quest in progress by other players downstairs, ignore the girl upstairs and hop the railing and go straight down stairs and participate in the down stairs portion. You will also get full completion credit and finish the quest. Of you miss out on killing the chief down stairs, you and everyone in the tower must go to the tree to reset. The tower must be empty of anyone on the quest. It is good to have someone who has completed the quest to stay inside to assure no one else is inside. Once the tower is clear and everyone has reset at the tree, send one person in to start the quest... Then everyone else come in during the wave portion of the quest ( so once one person has " talk to the silvanar".... No matter what your quest says, if one person can advance their quest by talking to the silvanar... Have them talk to the silvanar and start the wave portion of the quest. Everyone who is down stairs wi get credit. During the waves, it is helpful to have someone ( how has completed the quest) at the door to usher everyone past the girl upstairs and send them directly downstairs... If they make it before the chief dies... Everyone gets credit.

So, you have two options to get this done for yourself. You must either land in a version of the tower where everyone is cooperating and resetting at the tree... Or you can log in and out of char select unt you land in a tower that is basically empty...either way works. I understand logging in and out can takes many many attempts... But it does work.. It works best at non prime play times. It seems during prime times, every ( or very close) available or potential version of the tower is full of people afk, spreading false info, dancing naked... Just hanging out... Foul trolls, etc. but anyhow, that is the only two wTs to get it complete. You must get into a clean or clean an instance yourselves. Once it's been bugged, it will not fix by doing any of the ridiculous stuff people are spreading. The instance must be free of any bugged player ... Before any of you can complete the quest.

Do yourself and everyone a favor and take a few minutes to watch the YouTube video " the prisoner of jathsogar", you can skip the first 15 min of the video and watch the last 3 mins of just the tower portion of the quest. PleAse, stop spreading false info you may have heard from the people standing in the room, as obviously they have not completed the quest and have no idea how it actually works.

The last few days, I have helped hundreds of people complete this quest. I hope you all get through. I do try to have a working instance running smooth between 7-11am, after that someone bugs it and due to not using voice chat... They just stand their confused.

To all the ferocious, verbally abusive assclowns...., I hope you rot in that tower in your own filth.
  • Miqula
    Miqula
    Oops, sorry for typos! Phone text rocks!

Xbox
    Raiyn67