Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Prisoner of Jathsogur Glitch

• FSOKRYPTO
    FSOKRYPTO
    Yo this is a legit struggle... why is this not a solo instance?
  • Darklistener666
    Darklistener666
    Soul Shriven
    FSOKRYPTO wrote: »
    Yo this is a legit struggle... why is this not a solo instance?
    I know it's a struggle but keep your head up.. It took me almost three weeks but I accomplished it.. And don't worry you have to defend the silvenar one more time in reapers March... Glitches the same way..
    Here in the forest dark and deep. I offer you eternal sleep.

-Dread Father Sithis
  • cbbred
    cbbred
    Was able to complete the quest around 6 PST this morning after my brother mentioning he got it. A portal opened up to Silvenar with a complete quest and the start of "Restore the Silvenar' quest.
    It seemed like a rush of people were able to complete it for a bit cause the next area was swamped and it looked like we were going to have the same over-population issue so I left.

But just logged in now and there are only a few people and everything is spawning correctly and I was able to finish it.

95474-Finally-its-been-84-years-Rose-0RHT.gif

Edited by cbbred on July 15, 2015 9:37PM
    Xbox-NA
  • Miqula
    Miqula
    That's great you guys finished! If you were on Xbox, I hope I was able to help you guys this morning =)
  • Miqula
    Miqula
    When the reapers March quest glitches, the same fixxes apply. Log in and out until you get into a correct clean version. Good luck guys!
  • neocron79
    neocron79
    Soul Shriven
    Sigh... People refuse to listen... It is impossible to clear out the tower to reset it. I was accused of trolling and being a stupid American for spreading misinformation. Some people listen but most won't. :(

I even referenced this thread and most people don't even believe its real.
  • Miqula
    Miqula
    I hate when people say false info when they haven't read about the quest and watched the videos... They just keep repeating the dumb false rumors they hear from other ill informed players. I wish people would take responsibility and research the truth so they could atleast pass on the truth. If more people were spreading the truth, there wouldn't be such a mess of a bottleneck because more people would be able to actually complete the quest.
  • Miqula
    Miqula
    Oh it also doesn't help that a Z GM also posted incorrect info.... The truth is, The capture girl does not go down stairs or do anything other than stand there! And you need to just kill her right where she spawns!

And no amount of waiting in that room will correct the bug! Everyone is just wasting their time!
  • Cyb3rPunk76
    Cyb3rPunk76
    ✭✭
    Miqula wrote: »
    Oh it also doesn't help that a Z GM also posted incorrect info.... The truth is, The capture girl does not go down stairs or do anything other than stand there! And you need to just kill her right where she spawns!

And no amount of waiting in that room will correct the bug! Everyone is just wasting their time!

I've got this mail from the support. Sorry it's in German, but I will roughly translate for you.
    Grüße,

vielen Dank, dass du dich an das The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Team gewendet hast!
    Uns ist bekannt, dass manche Spieler Probleme haben, die Quest "Der Gefangene von Jathsogur" zu beenden, und hoffen den Fehler in einem kommenden Patch zu beheben.

Um die Quest abzuschließen müssen Spieler den im oberen Stockwerk aufgetretenen Gegnern erlauben, die Treppen hinunterzulaufen bevor sie sie angreifen. Diese Quest muss nicht abgeschlossen werden, um von Malablal Tor nach Schnittermark weiterzugehen. Spieler können auch zu jeder Zeit zurückkommen, um die Quest zu beenden.

Sollten Fragen oder Schwierigkeiten aufkommen, stehe ich weiterhin gerne zur Verfügung und wünsche einen angenehmen Tag!

Beste Grüße

Maria
    Das Team von The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited

So the 2nd paragraph says (rough translation): To finish the quest, the players have to allow the enemy to go downstairs, before attack. This quest is not required for going to Malabal Tor..... You can come back to finish this quest everytime.

So I've tried this now many times. The enemy was downstairs (both of them) and nothing happend...

Today I also tried to logout and login back to get an empty instance of the tower. No luck so far, but I think this is the only way we can solve this crap by ourself.

• AJSnakeGaming
    AJSnakeGaming
    ✭✭
    Just managed to complete this on PS4 at 8:00 BST. I logged out the room two days ago logged in just now and I was the only one in the room. 9 days I've been waiting (not as long as a lot of you guys) so logging in and out eventually worked for me :smiley: good luck to the rest of you. I'm off to buy a lottery ticket now
    PS4 EU server.
  • neocron79
    neocron79
    Soul Shriven
    Managed to complete the quest right after the PS4 megaserver maintanence (around 5:30am PST). Got in while some people were on the waves of adds phase. Thank god that is done!!! I will never do this quest ever again. Lol
  • Miqula
    Miqula
    All I can say is hopefully the GMs take 3 min to watch the video too, lol.

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭

So I've tried this now many times. The enemy was downstairs (both of them) and nothing happend...

There are several waves of enemy's and you do have to defeat them, but they need to be defeated downstairs (so the silvenar can see that you do it). If any of these waves is killed upstairs or is allowed to kill the silvenar, the quest fails and you have to redo.

Or atleast...it was this way. People seem to be reporting that the maintanance today changed something and it is fixed now.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Miqula
    Miqula
    It wasn't fixed after yesterday's maintenance
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    It wasn't fixed after yesterday's maintenance

Not sure what timezone you are in, but maintenance was no yesterday. It finished just a few hours ago on the PSN-servers. I think the XBOX is later.

Just keep in mind that they fix the issue that someone doing it wrong can block it for others. If you are the one doing it wrong, it will likely still stall you, but atleast you'll know it is you then.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • dervampyre_ESO
    Same here at the same time. I logged just as they killed off last wave and the boss spawned. Another 30 seconds and I would have missed it.
  • Miqula
    Miqula
    I finished the quest Saturday at noon by logging to char select 5 times, landed in a tower by myself. Killed the capture upstairs right on her spawn point, the ghost of silvanar popped in upstairs and said " follow me down stairs", talked to him down stairs and then the waves spawned on the steps with chief spawning after.. Killed him and completed the quest... Just like my walk thru stated and exactly like the video showed.

Xbox maintenance was July 14, yesterday...unless they did a second one today... But I haven't been to the tower today. I needed a break from the abuse. Lol
  • Miqula
    Miqula
    The GM is not accurate about her going downstairs... She only goes down there if she is pulled down...
  • Miqula
    Miqula
    Which is pointless, as she doesn't ever need to go down stairs and if she gets pulled down there, it has the potential of breaking your quest if the defend script is running at the same time for another player.

Sorry, not sure how to edit ><
  • ChiodosSpawn
    They need to fix this asap. No point in doing anything if I can't continue this main quest.
  • Ruddy_Ruckus
    Ruddy_Ruckus
    Soul Shriven
    I had no problems getting through the quest directly after maintenance.

Good luck everyone else, I hope it was fixed and not that I was just lucky to be there at the right time.
  • Cyb3rPunk76
    Cyb3rPunk76
    ✭✭
    I had no problems getting through the quest directly after maintenance.

Good luck everyone else, I hope it was fixed and not that I was just lucky to be there at the right time.

Lucky you, it's still not fixed. You had the luck, that nobody was in there.
    Ranique wrote: »
    There are several waves of enemy's and you do have to defeat them, but they need to be defeated downstairs (so the silvenar can see that you do it). If any of these waves is killed upstairs or is allowed to kill the silvenar, the quest fails and you have to redo.

Or atleast...it was this way. People seem to be reporting that the maintanance today changed something and it is fixed now.

Yes I know how it should work. The problem is she won't go down by herself (it's a wrong info from the support) and you can't kill her. You can try to get all other players out of the tower....Good luck with that! Maybe this works on the NA server, but not on the EU server. There are too many stubborn idiots.... So in my opinion it's the only way to logout/login until you have an empty instance or waiting until they may fix it...

• Miqula
    Miqula
    She does not need to go down stairs! And you do kill her as soon as she spawns, right where she stands!
  • Miqula
    Miqula
    Please watch the video.
  • Cyb3rPunk76
    Cyb3rPunk76
    ✭✭
    She does not need to go down stairs! And you do kill her as soon as she spawns, right where she stands!

That's the way, when the quest is working properly. But it's bugged and the support says, she has to go down. You can kill her upstairs 1000 times and the quest will not go any further.
    Please watch the video.
    Which video?

• Miqula
    Miqula
    Many many of us finished this quest, this week killing her on her spawn point. Groups have waited... And she doesn't go down.

Kill her right where she stands, if your quest does not advance - it is due to someone being bugged and local quest sharing... No amount of waiting, moving to the door, hiding at the door, no amount of anything except clearing everyone on the quest out of the tower and to the tree will correct the quest. If you have stood upstairs for more than 1 minute.... Your quest is bugged and you are wasting time standing there.

I see the GM posted the down stairs thing and I hope they watch the video and test it themselves, so they can re tract their comment. It would help a ton because I understand this is where one rumor has started. But it is not so. I helped hundreds of people through this quest and we all killed her right on her spawn, as she never went down stairs unless aggroed. And pulling her down while the defend script is running and killing her down there during the waves bugs the zone. I've had it happen many times.
  • MasterEric
    MasterEric
    Soul Shriven
    This is ridiculous. This is a popular game with thousands playing worldwide. I understand it is a huge game with a lot of code, but there is absolutely no excuse for this problem lasting weeks and it still isn't fixed. Poor execution, period. This ruins not only the game experience but also the reputation of the programmers and developers.

That being said, I hope everyone playing doesn't go insane from the endless waiting, pointless spamming, immature players, and poor execution.

Enjoy your gaming experience
  • Anakee
    Anakee
    MasterEric wrote: »
    This is ridiculous. This is a popular game with thousands playing worldwide. I understand it is a huge game with a lot of code, but there is absolutely no excuse for this problem lasting weeks and it still isn't fixed. Poor execution, period. This ruins not only the game experience but also the reputation of the programmers and developers.

That being said, I hope everyone playing doesn't go insane from the endless waiting, pointless spamming, immature players, and poor execution.

Enjoy your gaming experience

Yep. This is pathetic. Zeni need to get on the phone to Blizzard and see how support and customer service works. A gamebreaking glitch like this should be hotfixed instantly. Blatent disregard for customer satisfaction. I did this on my main toon shortly after launch instantly. I made an alt and have been stuck here for days getting the same stupid generic email response to my tickets. Everyones fed up. This is a VERY good way to lose customers. "Were working on it" over a month has worn thin on too many. I have given up on it. I have also cancelled Plus. I refuse to support companies that dont support their customers anymore. Id love to see one of the Zeni staff sit in this spot for 3 weeks straight and not get angry and expect change. Gg.

Also shutting down threads constantly when people call them out on their rubbish support is hilarious. How do they have any players left... no text chat, center camera, lag fixes, inspect player, damage numbers (cos emersion LOL) Bad. Just bad. This game itself has massive potential but with this kind of support, response, feedback, its like watching a trainwreck in slowmotion. I am in 3 500 member guilds and now a month after console launch lucky to see 30+ people online. :(

No doubt a dev will reply with a typical code of conduct response or delete my comment. To be expected when you point out fatal flaws.
    Edited by Anakee on July 17, 2015 9:25AM
  • Miqula
    Miqula
    You can skip this quest and come back when it's fixxed. It is not game breaking.
  • Cyb3rPunk76
    Cyb3rPunk76
    ✭✭
    @Anakee
    The support here is better than in other games. Trust me I've seen worse.
    You can skip this quest and come back when it's fixxed. It is not game breaking.
    Right, but it's not the only quest with the Silvenar which is broken. I stuck also on "Moonshine Path". It's the same annoying bug.

I have no problem with such bugs in a side quest, but this one of the main story quests. I think we can expect, that they tested this part properly. Actually I wish the mobs would kill the Silvenar in the prision. So that we have no further quests with him....