The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Prisoner of Jathsogur Glitch

Antigonate_Tiberlus
Antigonate_Tiberlus
Soul Shriven
Does anybody know how to fix the glitch on The Prisoner of Jathsogur where after you kill the chief, the quest still reads to defend Silvenar. I've tried logging out and coming back, but nothing works. Right now, I'm with at least 20 players in the same location having the same problem. Please help if you can.
  • Kylarstern91
    Also stuck on this exact same quest/spot. I submitted a ticke but they where no help. Telling me to check the forums or support page. Seeing as I've done everything possible I would appreciate it if any other players who have gotten past this to help out with how
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same Issue. Havent figured out a fix yet. Only thing i can think of is waiting so there is no one there
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • ThePeskyCrow
    ThePeskyCrow
    ✭✭
    The guy who spawns is on a 15 min timer and is almost insta killed by all the people camping the spot trying to finish the quest. Maybe 10 or so people are able to finish the quest per hour it seems.
    I ate your sweet roll! Kaw~ :v
  • Kylarstern91
    So apparently the problem is that that one guys that spawns, if killed, stops all the rest of the mobs from spawning. Therefore no one can finish it because there is no way to share info in game easily, therefore once again highlighting why they should not have taken world chat out of the game
  • Kylarstern91
    This needs to be fixed. I have Ben on this all day. I have managed to kill the enemy multiple times but the quest fails to update. There is a ridiculously long respawmn time. And still not working. Can we please at least get someone to tells us you aware that the quest is bugged. This is completely stopping all progression with the aldermeri dominion main questions progress.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_TristanK, a quest-blocking bug for you. Just making sure it's on your radar :)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Kylarstern91
    Bump
  • alleater
    alleater
    Soul Shriven
    There are like 40 people in this room (Europe server) instant killing the woman. Fix this zenimax
  • futurewarcult
    futurewarcult
    Soul Shriven
    Everytime i go in there, theres 20-40 people and noone can complete it. This damn game breaking error isnt even on their known issues console page!! Its ***, i havent been able to progress for almost a week! And once they do even acknowledge this it will take them multiple days after that to even fix it and put a patch out. Its just rediculous. This is the kind of thing that makes me want to sell my game. And their customer service says something like "you arent talking to a dwemer automaton" which is a load of crap because multiple of my friends and i have emailed them about this and we get some of the worst copy n paste responses ever.
  • d640
    d640
    this part should be a solo area or make the enemy that spawns be the one to kill for the quest because people keep attacking the first spawning enemy and you need that one alive to get the actual quest spawn this is poor design
  • FnG_BuffaloBill
    They closed my thread and redirected me to this one but can't give us a"we are on it" or a "expect support for this in the next patch" ridiculous man.. THIS *** BREAKS THE GAME FOR ANYONE PLAYING THE ALDMERI DOMINION QUESTLINE
  • FnG_BuffaloBill
    This is where area TEXT chat would be awesome. I think there are so many people in the area that it crashes area voice chat. Which makes organizing anything IMPOSSIBLE
  • FnG_BuffaloBill
    dfaef
    Edited by FnG_BuffaloBill on June 20, 2015 9:47PM
  • FnG_BuffaloBill
    bump
  • FireflyNeph
    FireflyNeph
    ✭✭
    This is really ridiculous. Been hanging around there (PS4 NA server) for over an hour now and nothing productive has happened. Every time an enemy spawns everyone instakills it. I have yet to see anything that qualifies as a "boss". I'm glad I found this thread, but better communication in-game would be great. Many people not in area chat are most likely in a guild or party chat so they can't hear people explaining the situation, which is where text chat would be amazing. It's really frustrating. If it stays like this, no one will make it further in the quests... Thank you to the few people in the area so far trying to get everyone organized!
    PS4 NA
  • FnG_BuffaloBill
    About an hour ago we got as far as 20+ people to organize into the downstairs corner but like everything that involves the internet you have trolls or like you said people in party chat not paying attention. I really hope to think they actually do something about this other than waiting until it fixes itself which will take MONTHS if we are being honest.
  • d640
    d640
    i think it bugged on ps4 eu server i've been here for a while now and the summoner hasn't even spawned once
  • FireflyNeph
    FireflyNeph
    ✭✭
    It could be that people are killing her before she actually gets down there, or someone is in her area keeping her from spawning. It is really easy to keep this quest from actually happening, unfortunately.
    PS4 NA
  • Drizzt720
    Drizzt720
    Soul Shriven
    This sucks so bad Dx I can't advance in the story because of this
  • Kush_the_ninja
    This is ridiculous... Actually ridiculous.
  • FireflyNeph
    FireflyNeph
    ✭✭
    I think we're pretty well past that point. It's game breaking, honestly. Why play when THIS is what you have to put up with?
    PS4 NA
  • Gerardopg
    Gerardopg
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, i just finish the quest, ira pretty dificulta because you have to organiza everyone in the área, hidding Behind the wall don't work, the only way to do it... It's... Everyone need to leave the location to the tree outside and when the mission status change to talk with the silvernar, then everyone can go in, go talk again with the silvernar and then some orcs will start to go for the fight you kill the orcs and it's done, the real problem it's to organize everyone to do it, it's a single person don't leave the area this don't work
  • Fasendil
    Fasendil
    I think players think that killing the NPC that spawns is how to "Defend the Silvenar" when actually, you need to wait for her to interact with the crystal, to spawn the actual enemy/enemies you need to fight. Ten seconds of invincibility for the NPC could solve the problem, game chat would be a huge help and of course, more regular spawns.
  • FnG_BuffaloBill
    The quest is bugged and *** up. it never gets the chance to reset which is the best chance of gettig it to work. Not sitting in the corner and waiting for her downstairs. I spent 8 hours trying this method with no luck. The best thing to do is organize everyone outside by the tree and when EVERYONE is out (which is nearly impossible due to trolls and afk people) then it resets and you can do the quest. I just wish the community wasnt so toxic but it only takes 1 toxic person to poision the whole experience. Please zenimax dont wait for this to sort itself out.
  • Chris386
    Chris386
    Soul Shriven
    EVERYONE READ THIS AND TELL A FRIEND ASAP.
    Killing the "boss" lady that spawns every 15 minutes WILL NOT GRANT YOU ACCESS TO THE NEXT PART OF THE QUEST. You must allow her to travel down stairs and talk to The Silvenar. IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS YOU WILL NEVER PROCEED. Another important factor in this process is being aware that your Spirtual Animal WILL ATTACK HER ON SIGHT. SO YOU HAVE TO BE A GREAT DISTANCE AWAY. All it takes is ONE TOUCH OF ANY DAMAGE to ruin that spawn for all the players and your self.

ZENIMAX NEEDS TO FIX THIS ASAP, keep this bumped until someone of importance takes note of the issue
  • Birdman222
    Birdman222
    Soul Shriven
    This really needs some sort of fix. This has been going on the entire week. I hope they address this soon.
  • d640
    d640
    i did this quest yesterday and i completed it because for some reason it was empty yesterday evening
    the quest was so easy to complete once everyone was gone so i realy think they need to make this part a solo area instead of public
  • FireflyNeph
    FireflyNeph
    ✭✭
    @d640 That's the general consensus. The tricky part is getting the devs to take note and do something so everyone can finish it.

Also, bumping because it's been a few hours. Trying to keep this thread near the top!
    PS4 NA
  • TSoul977
    TSoul977
    They need to either do one of 2 things make it a solo "dungeon" quest or make her invincible i have spent the last 7 days there in total about 15 hours trying to get the *** quest to work and get people to cooperate and leave. Thank god i have no intent on becoming a sheep herder but i literally gave up and moved on to reapers March and started doing quests there so i don't fall behind in level. They need to realize that this is breaking the game, ruining everyone's experience, *** everyone in the aldmeri Dominion over (which in my opinion i find to be favoritism in alliance wars because nobody is leveling up anymore in ad) this literally made me regret buying the digital copy. I so badly wish i could get my money back. I don't regret picking Aldmeri dominion either cause i love my khajiit. This just really needs to get fixed its to the point where I'm about to quit. I'm beyond frustrated im beyond pissed off and I'm far beyond unsatisfied. This is easily the 20th forum i have gone to and all of them i get redirected here. I've made tickets up the ass and always get a generic response. I have looked up any ways around it and they all involve getting a big group of 20-70 people (and no that is not an exaggeration there was about 71 people in the room at once) to do what you tell them without any question and the chances of this happening are 1 in a million. I may not be *** or gondhi but i know even they couldn't lead the trolls and morons outside. Please just fix this!
  • strata2
    strata2
    ✭✭✭
    Are we ever going to get a mod or dev response on this? I've tried returning to this area at odd times (3 AM, 8 AM) but there is always a mob of folks killing the NPC as soon as it spawns. This is impossible to coordinate without text chat and blocks progression on the AD quest line.