Maintenance for the week of January 23:
• No PC/Mac maintenance – January 23
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – January 25, 10:00AM EST (15:00 GMT)
The issue surrounding ESO Plus for Steam players is now resolved. Thank you for your patience!

PVP Update, June 2015

• SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler will the Campaigns have different end of campaign reward structures corresponding to the new scoring systems? For example, will Thornblade (Keeps matter) have different end of campaign rewards than Chillrend (scrolls matter)?
    Swings-For-Lethal - Sturge Hammar - Larkin Alswain
    Delzan Soreth - Guntark The Trivial - First-in-Line
    Dead-Last
  • BigTone
    BigTone
    ✭✭✭✭
    <3
    So much
    I can't wait
    You do care about PvPers
    /Haith Battlemaster Voice: "This is going to be so much fun"

I came very close to unsubbing yesterday after crashing three times from recipes. VERY CLOSE. This announcement will keep me subbing for now.

Thank you
    Big'Tone-V16 DC Sorc AR31
    Sneaky'Tone-V16 DC NB AR22
    Holy'Tone-V12 DC Temp
    Chunky'Tone-33 DC DK (BWB beast)

Worst NB NA
    Roll dodging magicka sorc

"Do you know why they call him Big'Tone?"
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Everytime it starts lagging you can see the following skills everywhere:
    - Caltrops
    - Meteor (+ ground effect)
    - Healing Springs
    - banner
    - nova
    - other ground AoEs but are used much less compared to caltrops etc.

as soon as one group dies and no enemys are standing in the aoes anymore the lag disappears instantly.
    If you have many people at one place but no one is using ground aoes it doesn´t or barely lag.

That´s what i noticed over the past months at least, but changing something is worth a try in my opinion..

Edited by Soulac on June 16, 2015 3:34PM
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Quantine
    Quantine
    ✭✭✭
    Many AE abilities have 2 LOS checks at the beginning and end of casting by default. Since many of these are instant cast, there's no need for one of those checks, which halves the amount of messages sent back and forth between the client and server. The LOS checks are still needed to ensure you can't PBAE through walls and physics objects that would block the effects from going "through them".

Oh, I see what you mean. Thanks a lot for the quick response. That sounds really good then :) Hope it will reduce the lag! Keep it up!

EU | AD | Banana Squad Inc | Arena | The Pariah | Keepers of Cyrodiil

Arulash, DK, rank 33
    Eledwhen Elmwoods, NB, rank 30
    Lil Aru, OP Templar healer, rank 23
    Aru on Flames, DK, rank 17

NA | EP | Banana Squad Inc
    Aru's Sis, DK
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually impressed and heartened by the bumph released, although implementation is always the fall down point for ZOS so hopefully the changes both proposed and unknown will be put into the game properly so that PvP can bloom again
    The Legendary Nothing
    Flo Knight
    Electric Gigalo
    Jumpy McJumper
    Legio Mortuum
    Valar Morghuliis
    Leader of the only guild you haven't heard of.
    Teacher of vMoL.
  • venomsky
    venomsky
    ✭✭
    so instead of punishing players who was farming former emp you are removing former emp buff?how this will stop zerg? now big guilds will sit in 1 campaign or tower farm newbies
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not new pvp content but it's a start in the right direction. Changes look good to me, I think it'll get a lot more people into pvp.
    Leylith - DC - Sorcerer | Leyloth - DC - Templar
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is all great stuff

...but when?
    CP 684 EP: Cuddle Kingdom Pwince - Dark Elf DK - Cuddles Are Belong To Us - High Elf Sorcerer - Cuddles In The Shadows - Wood Elf Nightblade - Cuddles Says Ad Equals Ap - High Elf Templar - Cuddle Kitten - Breton Nightblade - Cuddle Knight Of Love - Redguard DK
    PVP GUILD - INVICTUS

AD : Mustbethelove - Khajit Sorcerer - relegated to crafting potato until stam sorc is viable
    https://youtube.com/channel/UC2134mmIFZ4wyRtVRzNJMQA
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow I really like all these changes, thank you!
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • Komma
    Komma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very pleased with all of this. Absolutely love the former emp change especially. Would there be a way for all campaigns to count towards an overall victory? This would make all campaigns important.
    Kohma Kozzy-cr160-Stamblade
    Komma-cr160-Magicblade
    Komma the Great-cr160-Stam DK
    Kommah-cr160-Mag DK
    Komma Kozzy-cr160-Mag Templar
    Kommuh Kozzy-cr160-Stam Templar
    Komma the White-cr160-Mag Sorc
    The Tazmanian Devil-cr160-Stamsorc
    OTG
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Also:
    You can actually use multiple ultimates in a lag which shouldn´t be possible.. you looking over it as well?
    Example: Ping >999 -> Meteor Spam by pressing the button a few times and all of these meteors will deal dmg.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    This is all great stuff

...but when?

Soon.™
    Leylith - DC - Sorcerer | Leyloth - DC - Templar
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    This is all great stuff

...but when?

He says in the next major update, as well as possibly some smaller patches before then.
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Thank you for the meaty proposal! Several thank yous actually.

Just to question further on a tid-bit regarding Battle Leveling. With the wording presented, can you confirm if I can activate Battle Leveling on say, a VR5 character. This will increase their stats to a 'moderate VR14' ?
    The K Hole ------===------ Hagnado ------===------ Venatus
    AD :: Ghostbane [47], Streaken Harry [24], Ghostbradagh [14], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom [12]
    DC :: W T B Waffles [29], Ghostbeam [21], W T F Waffles [15], Ghostbanë [13]
    EP :: Sir Horace Foghorn [13], Scatman John [9]
    - Viva la Venatus
    - vivat decibel

#GRoMD
    Glorious Republic of Magicka Dragonknights
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please tell me you plan on wiping the PvE leaderboards if this is the case. All of the top scores at the moment have only been obtained with the full advantages that PvP buffs provide between massive crit chance amps, base damage amps, and former emp buffs. If you do not wipe the leaderboards, many of those scores will remain unbeatable until players have an absurd amount of champion points to outscale the differences.

Not all of them. All the EU EP scores at the minute for 12-man trials are with zero buffs. Though the scores are not exactly top place haha. Arena scores of >11.8K were being obtained with zero buffs now though.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler You beauts for removing PvP buffs from PvE though! EVEN PLAYING FIELD HERE WE COME! That change alone has infused me with so much spirit for the game again. The alterations to campaigns is also exciting! I'm already trying to decide which campaign theme suits me best :D

Thrilling changes, really.

Former Emp passives I'm not bothered about. I don't think they make or break a build. But if it stops Emp farming then maybe that's a good thing. I know of raid groups that will crown an emperor, then purposely lose keeps just so someone else can be crowned as emperor after...kinda defeats the point of PvP.
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor (PvE - www.hodor-guild.eu)
    Character: Oriantha (Templar Healer), Zelda's Inferno (Dragonknight Tank), The Lumen Sage (Stamina Sorcerer DD), The Umbra Witch (Magicka Nightblade DD), Flirts-With-Boys (Stamina Nightblade DD), Oriantha Ellesidil (Magicka Sorcerer DD/healer)

Current vMA score (Templar): 498,063
    World Record for all trials pre-Thieves Guild.
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj clear (~55 minutes, 49,711).
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj speed run clear (~36 minutes, 79,034).
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, this is going to take some time to process.

Holy sheep!

RIGHT?!

Holy jumping black jezuz. I can't believe my eyes right now.

I still think we need to nerf one of the campaigns though, we don't have enough players to keep all of those sufficiently populated. Try it for a couple of weeks, if it doesn't work add it back.
    Edited by Observant on June 16, 2015 4:02PM
    Legacy X - v14 Templar
    Observant - v14 Nightblade
    'Chaos - v5 Dragonknight

Sun's Death
    Mercs of Sovngarde
    Vehemence

If only ZOS moderated their game like they did their forums...
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ley wrote: »
    Erwen wrote: »
    dont agree with the former emp removal. simple, there is no reason to take this off, NO REASON!

Reason: To discourage emperor swapping.

1% to this and that was hardly game changing so on one hand I won't miss them in any practical way, on the other hand the removal of something I worked hard for many campaign cycles before finally getting really cheeses me off. There should be some small recognition even if it was just a single token passive...

P.S. Not 100% sure how these changes will pan out but kudos for trying to fix things, nomad prevention is one area I think will be an important change.
    Edited by Tavore1138 on June 16, 2015 4:03PM
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Legio Mortuum
    Veteran- The Daggerfall Authority