Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thread for PC Users :)

• lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have heard a new trait is coming and it was hinted at when shield stacking was mentioned. Other than that not really I'm hoping the new trait is coming and actual useful 9 or 10 trait crafted sets but we will have to wait for more news.
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS next monday?

55642164.jpg
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    Anyone know how crafting is going to be affected by the new levels?

Look ^^ a serious question o:)

I had a couple serious questions.. plan on putting them in the ask us anything thread.

As for crafting, I think they should change the mats around a bit. Adding more levels to the top mat (void) would be lame. Make the earlier VR mats last longer, or maybe they will add a new material?

My questions are more on content..

Currently dungeons scaled to VR12. Will this be changed to scale to VR14, or maybe even the new exciting VR16?

I'm not sure how trials/dsa works, but if they scale the same way - same question.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not likely as they aren't talking about it till the 13th so I am hoping for pts 14th but I think that may be optimistic.
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

I had a couple serious questions.. plan on putting them in the ask us anything thread.

As for crafting, I think they should change the mats around a bit. Adding more levels to the top mat (void) would be lame. Make the earlier VR mats last longer, or maybe they will add a new material?

Currently dungeons scaled to VR12. Will this be changed to scale to VR14, or maybe even the new exciting VR16?

I'm not sure how trials/dsa works, but if they scale the same way - same question.

maybe scale the older ones to 15 and coa to 16 as it has more achievements related to it same with trials and dsa. having said that we don't know what new things we are getting with IC yet trials maybe ok if we get a new v16 one soon.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most important question, mine, wasn't answered either.

I need to know about Dwarven Centurion Mounts. Perhaps I should ask Gina Bruno.

...where would you sit on a Dwarven Centurion mount?

My PTS guess bet will be placed on the 16th. I have a thing for Thursdays.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lathbury wrote: »

maybe scale the older ones to 15 and coa to 16 as it has more achievements related to it same with trials and dsa. having said that we don't know what new things we are getting with IC yet trials maybe ok if we get a new v16 one soon.

Yeah - I need to hear more about IC. If it works as it's been discussed before though.. that cuts off any new dungeons/trials to me if my faction is not controlling in PvP.. so those would be as good as not existing lol
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Easy! You just sit on the... Give me a minute.

I may need a photoshopped image for proof when you figure it out. lol
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Easy! You just sit on the... Give me a minute.

I may need a photoshopped image for proof when you figure it out. lol

No need, gotcha covered

6603-1.jpg
    Edited by Xendyn on July 3, 2015 2:52PM
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    does anyone know if there were vamp changes mentioned i might have missed it
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think there was something about dropping the debuffs for fire and poison on vamp and ww to 25%
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

PC/NA
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh that sucks
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »

I think there was something about dropping the debuffs for fire and poison on vamp and ww to 25%

Correct.
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually against that buff lol even though i have a vamp
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually against that buff lol even though i have a vamp

I'm happy about it lol. Always wanted my NB to be a vamp - recently experiencing it on my main (for the achievement) and not enjoying it.. afraid of dungeons.. I don't think I'm quite quick enough to actually stay out of fire, and I don't want to give up my healer jewels for fire resist.. lol

I guess it would be different if I was committed to it though.
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its one of those things i see as high risk high reward and as such rather than remove the risk which makes it engaging i would of preferred them to up the reward.
    I have done vcoa and vdsa on my vamp with no special fire resist gear its not as hard as you think.

I appreciate Im probably in the minority on this and you know gift horse and all that.
    Edited by lathbury on July 3, 2015 3:05PM
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

PC/NA
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Worm Cult are among us! Flee!
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its one of those things i see as high risk high reward and as such rather than remove the risk which makes it engaging i would of preferred them to up the reward.
    I have done vcoa and vdsa on my vamp with no special fire resist gear its not as hard as you think

Oh wow, very nice. Yes, to be honest, I like those types of things.. you want there to be some risk involved in order to be able to use all the cool abilities. I guess my decision in liking it IS quite selfish and falls into "I like it because it's easier" category.

It does seem to be a change catering to players like myself, who know well they do not (yet) possess the skill involved in keeping vamp. I sure know how to dodge, block, interrupt and I do use those actions to help me - but don't feel I have the skill yet to use them in the most effective way.

Hmmm.. but I also am usually game for harder things.. since you know, you feel a LOT more accomplished and proud after beating something difficult, than how you feel after beating something easily.
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have done vcoa and vdsa on my vamp with no special fire resist gear its not as hard as you think

Oh wow, very nice. Yes, to be honest, I like those types of things.. you want there to be some risk involved in order to be able to use all the cool abilities. I guess my decision in liking it IS quite selfish and falls into "I like it because it's easier" category.

It does seem to be a change catering to players like myself, who know well they do not (yet) possess the skill involved in keeping vamp. I sure know how to dodge, block, interrupt and I do use those actions to help me - but don't feel I have the skill yet to use them in the most effective way.

Hmmm.. but I also am usually game for harder things.. since you know, you feel a LOT more accomplished and proud after beating something difficult, than how you feel after beating something easily.

I'll maybe start a thread on it see other folks opinions will give a bit till the v16 furore calms down.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll maybe start a thread on it see other folks opinions will give a bit till the v16 furore calms down.

Stay safe out there.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stay safe out there.

I think I'll stay in here. Seems safer.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Agree here. I remember how I felt when finally getting Doshia at launch. Wanted to dance around the room.
    Now its just...meh

PC/NA
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree here. I remember how I felt when finally getting Doshia at launch. Wanted to dance around the room.
    Now its just...meh

Yeah! Exactly! For me as a new player (and as stated, not the best lol) Doshia was SO difficult. I always say I almost quit the game over her... but you know what? I didn't. I just kept trying and trying, and oh wow, it felt SO good when I beat here.

My next 2 toons.. I don't even remember the fight it was so easy :(

I like the feeling of overcoming a challenge, it's what keeps me interested.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/190519/lost-all-motivation-to-play-anymore#latest

How much do you have to play to get to VR14 in under a month??? :neutral:
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How's everyone else doing? Any exciting plans for the weekend?

Possibly play some tonight. Maybe get my Maomer (dunmer) out of cold harbor. Hadn't played her since the struggle to roll up a perky looking Maormer. Forgot how cute she is.

Unless I get hit up to work OT tonght.... I could argue either way, but if it's offered, my wallet insists that I take it.

Then Saturday study like a feind, then Sunday work....rinse, repeat.

@wenxue2222b16_ESO that was an awesome movie. And for a touch of weirdness, when I went back to check your name, there was an ad for concealed carry over it. Just thout that was oddly appropriate.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Oh my:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/190519/lost-all-motivation-to-play-anymore#latest

More than me and I used to be a daily player since launch. He had to have just ground the heck out of it.

PC/NA
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Oh my:

I just read it too....

He mentions not enough VR14's.. sometimes it's lonely at the top.
This discussion has been closed.