Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thread for PC Users :)

• lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nope its 2000 which is definitely a lot quicker than soon tm. soon tm is 40+ weeks and counting.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lathbury wrote: »
    nope its 2000 which is definitely a lot quicker than soon tm. soon tm is 40+ weeks and counting.

I very nearly needed a new keyboard there.

Wonder if Pimms is as hard to get out of a keyboard as coffee.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »

We have guilds that fo this for free, you just can't have a crappy attitude. Maybe if they just ask if there is a dungeon dwellers guild in zone chat they can... oh wait...

@yodased or @yodasedPS4 (assuming it's the same =3) maybe you can help out... oh wait... ps4...

@Shunravi well, looks like we can't help em all.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @heroofnone you rang? not sure why i was pinged here but I come when I am needed. I'm like batman
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    @heroofnone you rang? not sure why i was pinged here but I come when I am needed. I'm like batman

Folks are looking to run dungeons on console, some actually trying to charge for it. But not sure what you can do for those stuck over on the Xbox side of things. =s
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well i got my pop corn and am ready for eso live might pop in game see if any of the guild wanna ts while we watch it
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh before i go anyone else hate when your nap is disturbed
    11406525_10153559865472518_5508395134604492302_o.jpg
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha.

I might miss ESO Live today if work is busy.. care to keep me in loop with the high points of what get's said?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah sure
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Haha.

I might miss ESO Live today if work is busy.. care to keep me in loop with the high points of what get's said?

same case here
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow... my .gif really went places.

That's because it's the best gif ever!!! :)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    PBpsy wrote: »

We have guilds that fo this for free, you just can't have a crappy attitude. Maybe if they just ask if there is a dungeon dwellers guild in zone chat they can... oh wait...

@yodased or @yodasedPS4 (assuming it's the same =3) maybe you can help out... oh wait... ps4...

@Shunravi well, looks like we can't help em all.
    lol I just read the ZOS post that closed that thread:
    Greetings Everyone!
    We are closing this thread because, soliciting threads aren't allowed on our forums. Please use the Guild Kiosks in-game if you want to trade with other players.
    Under what section of the guild store can I find listings for mercenaries? :D
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial City News coming Monday July 13th according to ESO Live.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »

Oh good I stopped in during community events but on the phone now :(
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh good I stopped in during community events but on the phone now :(

Booo for phones :(

Yay for news!

Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh, so the news about content is coming:
    DirtyIncomparableFugu.gif

But the actual content could be who knows how far away..

[snip]

All The Best

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 8, 2024 6:27PM
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, so the news about content is coming:
    DirtyIncomparableFugu.gif

But the actual content could be who knows how far away..

[snip]

All The Best

I am as pessimistic as you. But you really seem to hate this game, which begs the question if you aren't playing, why do you stay on the forums? I mean no disrespect, I mean it in a non flippant way, what do you get by staying here? Genuinely curious.

Also I have just downloaded SWTOR so gonna go play that too. Looking forward to it. Can you recommend a class that would be akin to Light Armoured DPS mages? I have done a little reading. To me it seems like Jedi Consular or Sith Inquisitor. Is that right?

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 8, 2024 6:28PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am as pessimistic as you. But you really seem to hate this game, which begs the question if you aren't playing, why do you stay on the forums? I mean no disrespect, I mean it in a non flippant way, what do you get by staying here? Genuinely curious.

Also I have just downloaded SWTOR so gonna go play that too. Looking forward to it. Can you recommend a class that would be akin to Light Armoured DPS mages? I have done a little reading. To me it seems like Jedi Consular or Sith Inquisitor. Is that right?

I actually love the game, which is why I am soo (perhaps too) passionate about it; I just hate what Zeni are (and are not) doing to it.

At level 10 you choose an advanced class, each base class (Consular/Inquisitor) has two advanced classes.

Consular / Inquisitor are in effect identical, except faction, and some skills have different themes. Sages get to throw stuff at people (telekinesis) Sorcerers get to use lightning bolts - but the skill effects are broadly similar.

So the light-armour caster variant of the Consular is the Sage, and for Inquisitor it is Sorcerer.

Then within each Advanced class there are 3 skill trees you can choose from that further define your class abilities; take a read through them and see which suits you.

For the Sage/Inquisitor there'll be a Healer tree, and Damage tree and a mixed utility tree.

If you are playing in the EU servers and want in-game help then send me a PM and start your toons on Red Eclipse. I have 4 Republic and 5 Imperial toons there, and I can probably help you out with spare crafting mats as well once I raid all my banks.

All The Best
    Edited by Gandrhulf_Harbard on July 2, 2015 8:28PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Under what section of the guild store can I find listings for mercenaries? :D

Um ... coming with the justice system improvements ...?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually love the game, which is why I am soo (perhaps too) passionate about it; I just hate what Zeni are (and are not) doing to it.

At level 10 you choose an advanced class, each base class (Consular/Inquisitor) has two advanced classes.

Consular / Inquisitor are in effect identical, except faction, and some skills have different themes. Sages get to throw stuff at people (telekinesis) Sorcerers get to use lightning bolts - but the skill effects are broadly similar.

So the light-armour caster variant of the Consular is the Sage, and for Inquisitor it is Sorcerer.

Then within each Advanced class there are 3 skill trees you can choose from that further define your class abilities; take a read through them and see which suits you.

For the Sage/Inquisitor there'll be a Healer tree, and Damage tree and a mixed utility tree.

If you are playing in the EU servers and want in-game help then send me a PM and start your toons on Red Eclipse. I have 4 Republic and 5 Imperial toons there, and I can probably help you out with spare crafting mats as well once I raid all my banks.

All The Best

Thank you for this :)

I get where you are coming from. I love the game, but the management is ... well. I see it as how an ES MMO could be, rather than what it is. I will see what July 13th brings. Then out come the flaming torches ;)
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for this :)

I get where you are coming from. I love the game, but the management is ... well. I see it as how an ES MMO could be, rather than what it is. I will see what July 13th brings. Then out come the flaming torches ;)

If you genuinely have no faction preference I'd suggest going Imperial. The early companions are more useful to you than the Republic, though both take a while to get a healing companion. But Khem Val the Inquisitors first companion is one of the best in the game in terms of story (each companion has small story arc that tie in to your class story) and some of his "ad libs" during and after combat are just brilliant.

All The Best
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are working on up to VR 16. Removal is a long term goal.

Wut.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wut.

And decreasing how much xp it takes (15%)..

and buffing quest xp (50%), public dungeon xp (doubled)... and of course crag (20%)
    Edited by MissBizz on July 2, 2015 8:40PM
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wut.

And decreasing how much xp it takes..

and buffing quest xp, public dungeon xp (doubled)... and of course crag (20%)

I was just about to edit to put that am writing it by hand haha

This will not go over well with some though.

Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wut.

And decreasing how much xp it takes..

and buffing quest xp, public dungeon xp (doubled)... and of course crag (20%)

I was just about to edit to put that am writing it by hand haha

nope.. no it will not... I'm thinking I should hit VR14 and then work on my other VR2's until the next update.,. that way I can do Crag after it's been buffed (plus xp needed is decreased) so it will help get me to VR16..
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [

Neither should it.

They've been banging on for months about scaling back and removing VR; why add another VR now?

It makes no sense; and shows they have no understanding of the playerbase.

All The Best
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not entirely sure the ultimate goal of removing vet ranks is such a great idea in the first place, but having said that, since it is the goal, I too am baffled by them increasing the max to VR16.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [

Neither should it.

They've been banging on for months about scaling back and removing VR; why add another VR now?

All The Best

Its not a good news for me. I hate vr ranks with passion and i dont think im alone here. But i admit i dont undestand. Does it mean that vet rans become more or less standard lvls in term of xp?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »
    [

Neither should it.

All The Best

Its not a good news for me. I hate vr ranks with passion and i dont think im alone here. But i admit i dont undestand. Does it mean that vet rans become more or less standard lvls in term of xp?

Yeah - they explained since it is a long term goal to get rid of them - they are making them easier to get. By decreasing Xp need, plus buffing a bunch of stuff. I guess the VR ranks are tightly wound in with itemization.. so in order to make stronger stuff available they need to make more VR ranks is how I understood them
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »
    [

Neither should it.

All The Best

Yeah - they explained since it is a long term goal to get rid of them - they are making them easier to get. By decreasing Xp need, plus buffing a bunch of stuff. I guess the VR ranks are tightly wound in with itemization.. so in order to make stronger stuff available they need to make more VR ranks is how I understood them

Ill admit i dont get it. The further they go the harder it will be to remove them, the more poeple will reach high vr ranks and will be very vocal about scraping them. I myself couldnt care less - my main is just vr 8 but damn it sounds fishy.
This discussion has been closed.