Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thread for PC Users :)

• Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Rinmaethodain on July 5, 2015 10:29AM
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning All :)

I see Deltia has woken up to how this is going to affect his income and now ZoS will start to take note.

Good to see most of you guys have contributed :D
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I spent a delightfully brain numbing day playing ESO yesterday.

Back to the grind. Probably won't be able to do much more than login on a character or two to check mail till next Friday night.

Oh well it was fun.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel the mood is changing in General. Seeing a lot more
    stick_up_my_ass_by_thedeckzena.jpg
    and
    shoulder.jpg
    and
    Defensive_Tactics_xp-instr-300.24250121_std.jpg
    with the newer posters.

WTB a sense of humor
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »
    GreySix wrote: »
    Can an airplane take off from a treadmill?

Yes or no?

Well if treadmill is big enough.

And hello everybody - belive or not its almost evening and i just get out of bed with still ragind headache.

I alwasy forget im not young anymore and i should be really careful with vodka.

Oddly enough no matter how big the treadmill is the plane can't take off. Now if you had a big enough fan you could get it to take off without it ever moving :p It needs wind to generate lift.
    colbert-popcorn.gif

On another note, I never cared much for Deltia. In my defense I didn't know of him really until he was on eso live. He seemed like he pandered to them. Don't get me wrong, I get it. If I had a big company looking at me and wanting to show my stuff I'd probably kiss @ ss too. From where I sit though it makes it hard to get unbiased information from him though.
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heishi wrote: »
    sadownik wrote: »
    GreySix wrote: »
    Can an airplane take off from a treadmill?

Yes or no?

Well if treadmill is big enough.

And hello everybody - belive or not its almost evening and i just get out of bed with still ragind headache.

I alwasy forget im not young anymore and i should be really careful with vodka.

Oddly enough no matter how big the treadmill is the plane can't take off. Now if you had a big enough fan you could get it to take off without it ever moving :p It needs wind to generate lift.
    colbert-popcorn.gif

On another note, I never cared much for Deltia. In my defense I didn't know of him really until he was on eso live. He seemed like he pandered to them. Don't get me wrong, I get it. If I had a big company looking at me and wanting to show my stuff I'd probably kiss @ ss too. From where I sit though it makes it hard to get unbiased information from him though.

Actually it might work if you had:
    - a big enough treadmill. Lets say 100-1000 times the length of the plane
    - a big enough guy running on it or a dozen Godzilas
    - the plane facing in the opposite direction with the engines turned on.
    -
    The speed of the treadmill's spinning thingie would add up to the speed of the plane with respect to the treadmill's spinning thingies so the speed of the plane with respect to the atmosphere may be enough for take off.
    There are of course other factors such as the specifications of the plane and atmospheric conditions but it sounds reasonable.
    Edited by PBpsy on July 6, 2015 4:31AM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »
    Actually it might work if you had:
    - a big enough treadmill. Lets say 100-1000 times the length of the plane
    - a big enough guy running on it or a dozen Godzilas
    - the plane facing in the opposite direction with the engines turned on.
    -
    The speed of the treadmill's spinning thingie would add up to the speed of the plane with respect to the treadmill's spinning thingies so the speed of the plane with respect to the atmosphere may be enough for take off.
    There are of course other factors such as the specifications of the plane and atmospheric conditions but it sounds reasonable.

puzzled-puppy.jpg
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

PC/NA
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it won't. It's about air speed, not ground speed.
    Lift is generated by air going around the wing.
    Get in a car, go 60,stick hand out window. Feel that force as it rips your arm back. That's air speed, needed for flight.
    Now, go to a gym. Get on a tread mill and run as fast as you can. Stick your arm out. Nothing. No air speed.

Or, take a plane and put it on a set of rollers. Like the ones used to test horse power. Crank up the speed. It won't take off. The only way it could is if the prop supplies enough fast moving g air over the wing surface to provide lift, which is possible on ultralight class planes, but not regular ones.

Myth busters did a special on it, but the test was flawed.
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NadiusMaximus Ok, being the "nitpicker" that I am....

Technically it's not airspeed. The air is hardly moving at all. It's the object speed :)

If the object is on the rollers, then the object is not actually moving. Thus, no lift.

Again, the propeller example is also flawed, as the prop doesn;t really create that much air speed - but it does create object speed. Similar to Jet planes :D Nothing is creating an air speed, purely pushing the object faster through the air :)

Warning: All the above is completely made up by me and un-substantiated :)

Funny-good-morning-hd-wallpaper-top-minions.jpg

• NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    @NadiusMaximus Ok, being the "nitpicker" that I am....

Technically it's not airspeed. The air is hardly moving at all. It's the object speed :)

If the object is on the rollers, then the object is not actually moving. Thus, no lift.

Again, the propeller example is also flawed, as the prop doesn;t really create that much air speed - but it does create object speed. Similar to Jet planes :D Nothing is creating an air speed, purely pushing the object faster through the air :)

Warning: All the above is completely made up by me and un-substantiated :)

Funny-good-morning-hd-wallpaper-top-minions.jpg

Exactly, you put it better. Samething, right wording.
    The rollers test, you crank up the props speed not the rollers speed. Airplane wheels have nothing to do with take off. Unless they are flat or missing.
    Edited by NadiusMaximus on July 6, 2015 8:30AM
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any way.....

What's expected in the patch?
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea to be honest.

I'd like to think it's going to be something large and big, but I suspect not.

Probably a few tweaks and minor adjustments with another 5gig of Audio that most people don't notice and when they do, they question the quality of it.

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooo patch note bingo eh?

Hoping for:

A fix to that quest where the interactables are just not there on the shelf (The Rift I think). The murder at the farmhouse one.

Some sort of fix so Hodorf (level 5) can start to do the crafting quests. There are no quests available and the trainers don't appear to be there either. Was fine on Luckee (level 8) so I am assuming Hodorf is just cursed somehow.

Will get:

Adjustments to Abnar Tharn's beard physics

Better snorting animations for horses

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh, and I forgot the obligatory Crown Store items.

Although, I'd like the Ashlander pack now please :)

f4de818e62e2b0923a6c350ac17b1d79.jpg

• Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish that they would fix woodworker survey II where right now upon mining one node rest dissapear.
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    oh, and I forgot the obligatory Crown Store items.

Although, I'd like the Ashlander pack now please :)

f4de818e62e2b0923a6c350ac17b1d79.jpg

You're in luck! Since it's something in their precious crown shop, they will get it out quickly and post about it everywhere up to and possibly including in game announcements.
    I wish that they would fix woodworker survey II where right now upon mining one node rest dissapear.

Yours sounds like a serious issue. They'll get to it...
    DirtyIncomparableFugu.gif

^still love that so much
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL^
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

@wenxue2222b16_ESO that was an awesome movie. And for a touch of weirdness, when I went back to check your name, there was an ad for concealed carry over it. Just thout that was oddly appropriate.

That's very very weird as there are no guns in any of the movies and I certainly would not support any use of the darned things.

Now if it had been about the use of longbows in public places I can see the connection there.

Also thank you for your compliment regarding the movies. Lot of work went into those. As far as I know they are still the only silent movies ever set in Tamriel.

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all!

Still crazy out there?
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Get in a car, go 60,stick hand out window. Feel that force as it rips your arm back. That's air speed, needed for flight.
    Now, go to a gym. Get on a tread mill and run as fast as you can. Stick your arm out. Nothing. No air speed.

Or, take a plane and put it on a set of rollers. Like the ones used to test horse power. Crank up the speed. It won't take off. The only way it could is if the prop supplies enough fast moving g air over the wing surface to provide lift, which is possible on ultralight class planes, but not regular ones.

Yes but in that situation above though, the velocity of the plane with respect to the treadmill, the ground the treadmill is on and the air around is not constant. The plane is pushed fast towards the back of the treadmill. If the speed is high enough when the plane reaches the end it can take off. In a way the treadmill is used as an aircraft catapult. ... I cheated.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK8eFTwE3SQ

Like that only faster and bigger and with a plane.
    Edited by PBpsy on July 6, 2015 10:58AM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes but in that situation above though, the velocity of the plane with respect to the treadmill, the ground the treadmill is on and the air around is not constant. The plane is pushed fast towards the back of the treadmill. If the speed is high enough when the plane reaches the end it can take off. In a way the treadmill is used as an aircraft catapult. ... I cheated.

Ah good point, I hadn't considered using the treadmill to actually move the plane like a catapult.
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heishi wrote: »

Ah good point, I hadn't considered using the treadmill to actually move the plane like a catapult.

That's how the myth busters did it. And that's why it was flawed. Of course if the tread mill is going in the direction of the plane taking off it works as you said, a catapult.
    The bases of the question on most forums on the subject, is the treadmill is going the opposite way. Thus negating any forward motion of the plane, stopping any chance of air movement over the wings surface.

It's a loaded question almost. It depends on the direction of the mill.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooo patch note bingo eh?

Hoping for:

A fix to that quest where the interactables are just not there on the shelf (The Rift I think). The murder at the farmhouse one.

Some sort of fix so Hodorf (level 5) can start to do the crafting quests. There are no quests available and the trainers don't appear to be there either. Was fine on Luckee (level 8) so I am assuming Hodorf is just cursed somehow.

Will get:

Adjustments to Abnar Tharn's beard physics

Better snorting animations for horses

@wenxue2222b16_ESO you can't do crafting writs until level 6. Thats not a bug, they changed it. Go kill some mudcrabs and level up!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What what what! Why?

Now I have to go and level my very dumbest alt! The boy can hardly dress himself.

At least this explains it anyway. I shall pass the news on to my guildies.

Many thanks for the info @MissBizz

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    O

Depending on the dev/date (and maybe the moon phase) you are supposed to be 7th level before you see the crafting questgivers. I had a 6th level character start them, then glitch - long story short - it's all better now. But anyway, once Hodorf hits 7 they should work just fine.

Can't say I'd recommend trying them at 6 even if you do see them.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah darn I have to level the boy to 7? This is getting worse.

Anyone want to buy a level 5 Nord whose father was a dwarf from LOTRO?

8882036455_a097021931.jpg
    Hodorf 2 by Lisa Roberts, on Flickr

16679548059_83846bed92.jpg
    Hodorf by Lisa Roberts, on Flickr

Actually his parentage might explain an awful lot ....
    Edited by SantieClaws on July 6, 2015 2:47PM

• Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Morning all!

Still crazy out there?

Pretty much, tending towards nasty.

PC/NA
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Normally I don't care for Nords, but he's kind of adorable in a "brute force and ignorance" kind of way.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's more kind of daffy and fluffy. Gets his pants and his shirts mixed up and that kind of thing.

You can see more of him here:

https://youtu.be/WeRO65s9PWo

This discussion has been closed.