The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I went on an archaeology expedition on my hard drive and found the long-lost, oft-demanded true UI!

Attorneyatlawl
Attorneyatlawl
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Sure did take a lot of digging... but with manual frame-stepping and analysis, I finally have recovered the long-lost and fully-functional Elder Scrolls Online user interface that somehow became lost in space-time for the last two and a half years...

When will we get this back in-game!? The UI we have now is so much worse :(...

Nameplates!! AND A MINIMAP with multi-quest tracking options!!!! And it looks great! All of it was toggleable, and minimalistic/concise!
Cz6NZa5.jpg

A real backpack/inventory with category filters while showing vendor values of items, names, icons, and not being limited to 6-7 items on-screen at one time...!
RqmJoC1.jpg

The map window, with quest tracking options, more detail and color to the terrain, and quest descriptions/journal entries!
hMNX2zp.jpg

Numbers on the resource bars! You could actually know that you were hit for a given amount of health, rather than guessing and pixel-counting without addons... ;). You could even see your remaining magicka and stamina!
XsL8qVc.jpg

The skills window.. much more concise tooltips, bullet-point lists of effects and costs, unlock ranks at a glance, and the full skill line without needing to scroll up and down...!
NfCDFFL.jpg

Can we please get these options re-implemented? =)
-First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭
    Whoa... why isn't this in NOW!?

Bad picture quality but i guess that's what happens w/ time travel?
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    besides the map those features were awesome.
    y u remove? :(
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

All of it was also able to be turned on and off in the settings window... why the options and choice was removed in a game that's supposed to be all about choice, I have no idea :(... but I want it back :D. The big map, for example, had an option to take off the quest journal/list border from it to make it not take up as much of the screen. Minimap could be enabled or disabled/hidden, as could the resource bar text, and nameplates by type of enemy or player (allies, guildmates, npc's, enemy players).
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on June 22, 2015 3:39AM

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed that when I started playing, it feels very generic compared to other games.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

All of it was also able to be turned on and off in the settings window... why the options and choice was removed in a game that's supposed to be all about choice, I have no idea :(... but I want it back :D. The big map, for example, had an option to take off the quest journal/list border from it to make it not take up as much of the screen. Minimap could be enabled or disabled/hidden, as could the resource bar text, and nameplates by type of enemy or player (allies, guildmates, npc's, enemy players).

the map was awesome just to bright for my tastes
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

the map was awesome just to bright for my tastes

Ahhh :).

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of reminds me of the videos of Duke Nukem Forever that showed full weapon bar.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Kind of reminds me of the videos of Duke Nukem Forever that showed full weapon bar.

I never ended up playing Duke Nukem Forever, after waiting forever... I lost interest after the first couple of years' worth of delays and chuckled at articles the decade after :p.

The mini-map would have been ridiculously helpful. While it isn't particularly difficult, I do hate having to stop and pull up my map to double check my direction and where I'm going. It may be my bad sense of direction, but I do get off track or miss roads I meant to turn on way too often.

Although perhaps it makes it a little more realistic to the game not to have a built-in GPS available. :p
  • Talcon
    Talcon
    ✭✭✭
    Holy ***..... wtf, the UI you posted is amazing, the in-game one is trash. Give me this mini map, the numbers, name plates, all of it. This compass *** is *** useless compared to a mini-map.
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    this is never going to happen even though the maps and the mini map look well better :-(
    Meh!
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    haven't u heard of 'Immersionz' yet?
    Zos people need the Immersionz-talk again
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that interface looks really nice :) It's rather close to the one I currently use: FTC without custom unit frames, but with numbers on resource bars + minimap addon.

I remember one of those coloured maps that made it into the final game and could be accessed near Smokefrost Peaks in The Rift months after release :) I thought it looked really nice and functional (shows you very clearly where you cannot go because there is unsurmountable terrain).

EqNpScL.jpg

I wish all the maps in ESO would have Contour Lines and clearly marked bridges. That would be soo helpful!
    Edited by GaldorP on June 22, 2015 8:30AM
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    name plates is what i need most ! Would be sooo awesome to be able to toggle them on
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didnt got the old ui a Function called Screenshoot?
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

"immersion", was the excuse, after what's being said
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    name plates is what i need most ! Would be sooo awesome to be able to toggle them on
    Me too... speaking of which... any chance we could get an update on that @ZOS_JessicaFolsom =)?
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1268496/#Comment_1268496
    Would love to see one :).

They're still on the table as a possibility, and something we're looking at. They always have been. But we don't have any new info to share
    (Sep 2014)

AngryNord wrote: »

"immersion", was the excuse, after what's being said

Unfortunately so, even though options by definition are... optional. :( So anyone who didn't want them on their screen could have simply toggled them. I hope we will see these preference settings return this year...

✭✭✭
    That this was removed made me.................................

71040-207444-darthvadernoooojpg-620x.jpeg

Don't make me continue doing that!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow.... all the things I seek addons for ... in a nice package.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the... Why did they scrap this? ugh!
    :]
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the... Why did they scrap this? ugh!

"Welcome hero, have u heard of the wonderfull world of Immersionz.....

Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard that ESO had a way better UI back in early beta, but hadn't actually seen it.

Kinda sad how they opted to destroy a perfectly good UI for the garbage we have now.

At least we can get back almost all of that with addons (other than the nameplates).
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hollamears wrote: »
    The mini-map would have been ridiculously helpful. While it isn't particularly difficult, I do hate having to stop and pull up my map to double check my direction and where I'm going. It may be my bad sense of direction, but I do get off track or miss roads I meant to turn on way too often.

Although perhaps it makes it a little more realistic to the game not to have a built-in GPS available. :p

I'm with you on getting lost. I need good maps or I end up going backwards. Even Morrowind's mini-map couldn't always save me from myself. My son laughs at me for being so directionally challenged.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bump for the sadness of immersion-fascists...

so sad they skipped all the quality of live options for that *** they call an UI
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is so depressing.

You saw these things gradually removed. Did they ever explain why? Or did they just silently take them out?
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you, I never saw the original UI.
    Wow what I wouldn't give to have some of these features and dump my addons.

Esp nameplates. That's been one of my biggest gripes in this game. They say they want it to be social but you have NO clue whether a guildie is standing right next to you in Rawhl. In guild chat, you see the @name but in groups or zone you see the character name. Unless you know every character everyone has, you never know who the heck you're talking to. Least guild cohesion I've seen in an mmo.

ZOS has spent too much effort trying to please everyone from the social aspects to the UI to dumbing down the difficulty of the game in general and ended up castrating the whole thing.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    This is so depressing.

You saw these things gradually removed. Did they ever explain why? Or did they just silently take them out?
    Unfortunately no, explanations were not provided even on the closed beta forums. The only topics they did respond to were api changes regarding buff information towards launch when a lot of pre ordering people were without having played the game, demanding that addons be disallowed from showing even game info about your own character. When the minimap was removed, it was asked about frequently but never responded to. An addon was able to make it show back up as it had only been disabled but not removed. Eventually it was fully removed and a few weeks of thread bumping later by other closed beta testers only yielded a response saying they did not plan to bring it back, as they did not want to commit the development resources to update it.

:(

I really still hope they end up bringing all of these options back. I have tried to bring attention to these issues for a long time now but little has been said about them by ZOS, sadly.

✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    This is so depressing.

Unfortunately no, explanations were not provided even on the closed beta forums. The only topics they did respond to were api changes regarding buff information towards launch when a lot of pre ordering people were without having played the game, demanding that addons be disallowed from showing even game info about your own character. When the minimap was removed, it was asked about frequently but never responded to. An addon was able to make it show back up as it had only been disabled but not removed. Eventually it was fully removed and a few weeks of thread bumping later by other closed beta testers only yielded a response saying they did not plan to bring it back, as they did not want to commit the development resources to update it.

:(

I really still hope they end up bringing all of these options back. I have tried to bring attention to these issues for a long time now but little has been said about them by ZOS, sadly.

Was this when they were usingthe hero engine or after they built their own?
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Winston Churchill
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest - I don't like nameplates

I DO like the mini map and numbers on my bar tooo!

But guess what, if nameplates were abled to be toggled OFF, I wouldn't care! Choice! Wonderful people who want nameplates can have them.. and people like me who don't.. can turn them off! Sounds amazing!

I'd also turn off the minimap while questing - as I already do. You know what, that's the great part of options!

I really need to lighten up on the add-ons.. by having some of them already in game! (*cough* lootdrop *cough* advanced inventory filters *cough*)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord