The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Login failed for both EU and NA servers.

• jazon1972_ESO
    jazon1972_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ive been logged in for over an hour and this place looks like a ghost town and none of my buddys can log in..
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arkayoh wrote: »
    Friendly reminder that nearly all MMO launches are disasters, even on PC. ARR launch was awful from a server standpoint as well and Square-Enix was behind that, and they are as big or arguably bigger than Bethesda.

Basically, you should have seen this coming.

Although I will admit that communication has been lacking. The fact that the official Twitter feed hasn't been updated with a statement is disappointing.

That is true that MMO launches are typically a disaster. However, this generally applies to newly launched game titles. ZeniMax has had over a year to plan for this. They have had multiple closed beta tests since then, and they said they did an internal server stress test as well; confident enough to wear they did not need to incorporate an open console beta test .
    Edited by Justice31st on June 9, 2015 5:07AM
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • floydmurphy.kg_ESO
    floydmurphy.kg_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Guys I have an idea: ...just take your console, throw it out in the street and run it over multiple times. This way you're no longer mad at ZoS, you're mad at yourself for being an idiot like me.

Problem solved!

-FloydMurphy (Future ZoS)
    "There is panic in my fascination - Like soothing wine is my despair - Gracefully I fall to pieces"
    Ihsahn - Elevator
  • Mirra_Halfelven
    Mirra_Halfelven
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for staying up with us, guys. Our team is still working hard to get this resolved. We'll provide another update shortly.

Well it's now after 1am EST so now you/we have an other wave of people trying to log in (CST players) on top of us.

Things are only gonna get worse IMHO
    Mirra Halfelven, Templar Troublemaker
    Daggerfall Covenant - PS4 NA
    PSN: Scooby_609
  • Tholian
    Tholian
    Soul Shriven
    Since it isn't really midnight yet for me, I'll just try and be patient. Feel sorry for those on the east coast though.
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerio wrote: »
    Expecting no problems on an MMO launch day is like expecting someone to admit fault when you rear-end them. You're gonna end up disappointed :wink:

This isn't 2005 anymore. Multiple mmo's with smaller ready time have launched without this type of issue. Knowledge of this type of issue is known, this inability to be up and running was not unforeseen. We are dealing with a company that hasn't sold half as many copies of this games as predicted by marketing. Look how quickly this ga,e went FTP. The staff has been reduced I guarantee. Do not expect this game to have a smooth launch, and be prepared for many many issues in the coming weeks.

I just prognosticated all up in your shhhh.

lol this guy. First, this isn't a F2P game, it's B2P, yes, there's a HUGE difference in model if you've had any experience in both you'd know this. Second. Name the MMO that launched without any issues. You can't.
  • floydmurphy.kg_ESO
    floydmurphy.kg_ESO
    ✭✭✭

lol this guy. First, this isn't a F2P game, it's B2P, yes, there's a HUGE difference in model if you've had any experience in both you'd know this. Second. Name the MMO that launched without any issues. You can't.

Dark Age of Camelot! (Does that count?)
    "There is panic in my fascination - Like soothing wine is my despair - Gracefully I fall to pieces"
    Ihsahn - Elevator
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Login server issues are very common, even for expansion launches. It's not the same as game server stability. Which I hope is much smoother than the midnight est launch for all NA...
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • Jager
    Jager
    I was there when daoc launched and it wasn't perfect
  • LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's even worse now, can't even receive announcements.
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."

• RAM2191
    RAM2191
    ✭✭
    6.11am in england now and still cant play xD
    Ram V6 Imperial Templar (AD)
    I am the hope of the Universe. I am the answer to all living things who cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth... ally to good, nightmare to you.
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friendly reminder that nearly all MMO launches are disasters, even on PC. ARR launch was awful from a server standpoint as well and Square-Enix was behind that, and they are as big or arguably bigger than Bethesda.

Although I will admit that communication has been lacking. The fact that the official Twitter feed hasn't been updated with a statement is disappointing.

That is true that MMO launches are typically a disaster. However, this generally applies to newly launched game titles. ZeniMax has had over a year to plan for this. They have had multiple closed beta tests since then, and they said they did an internal server stress test as well; confident enough to wear they did not need to incorporate an open console beta test .

You really should have seen this coming.
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You may want to try again. Cuz it didn't.
  • CatacombHeart
    Can we get like, free Krowns for this? Just a thought, because it's quite disheartening that AUS got the game several hours early, and EU has managed to get several people on and going. Back when you guys had that Beta Test, you had enough time to do Stress Testing for your servers to make things run smoothly. This is almost as bad as Final Fantasy's first PC launch.
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So looks like the server is completely down. Announcements removed and immediate error code pops us when trying to log in.
  • floydmurphy.kg_ESO
    floydmurphy.kg_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Maybe I'm thinking of one of their expansions. Shrouded Isles relaunch? Who knows. Maybe I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing because I'm bored. I agree with you though, MMOs are never smooth, just a bummer that a launch for the same game has the same issues. Oh well.
    Ihsahn - Elevator
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You really should have seen this coming.

I have never played ESO on PC, and my experience with Zenimax Online Studios is virtually non-existent. But I now understand what to expect in the future with this company.
    Edited by Justice31st on June 9, 2015 5:16AM
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it ok that this happened? Honestly I'm not ticked as I expected this to happen. Plus there is no need to get all butt hurt about because I can't do anything to resolve the issue anyway. This is why I continually hit x trying to get logged in. Cause it's all I can do and I don't work tomorrow, so I might as well keep trying.
  • LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭
    Their solution - wait until most go to bed.
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."

• jazon1972_ESO
    jazon1972_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So looks like the server is completely down. Announcements removed and immediate error code pops us when trying to log in.

nope servers still up im still logged in game.
  • fureyu
    fureyu
    ✭✭
    Ahh this brings back memories of the good ole days back in early access launch for PC.. See back then Zos had the decency to disguise this as an "early access for free" so that we couldn't really be upset about it.. they're losing their swindler's touch.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To break up our bickering....here is the first gameplay for the last hour :wink:
    0.jpg

The login screen :smiley:
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on June 9, 2015 5:17AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe I'm thinking of one of their expansions. Shrouded Isles relaunch? Who knows. Maybe I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing because I'm bored. I agree with you though, MMOs are never smooth, just a bummer that a launch for the same game has the same issues. Oh well.

Ya, kinda feel the same way. Just bein a little too argumentative. I always flash back to wow's launch and before that EQ's launch. RIFT had a pretty decent launch but it still wasn't flawless. This game is hard to compare I guess because it did launch on PC first. But a lot of the stuff translated to console kinda makes it like a fresh launch in a way.
  • navyspeed
    navyspeed
    ✭✭✭
    Yep getting login failed. Connection to server timed out.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To break up our bickering....here is the first gameplay for the last hour :wink:
    0.jpg

Am I the only one who eagerly tried clicking that image as if it was going to load some new console game play video footage? LMAO :P
    Edited by Justice31st on June 9, 2015 5:19AM
  • justin.a.hairb14_ESO
    Trust me, they are doing everything possible to get this game up and running for everyone trying to log in. If you only knew the amount of overtime and long hours they have been putting in the past few weeks to finalize things for the June 9th release date. I don't work for Zenimax, but I know millions of people all trying to login to a server at one time is a network guys nightmare. You can't ever be fully prepared for that and things will have to be ironed out along the way. So, in reality it's us (the millions of people) flooding their servers all at one time that has caused this chaos to begin with. Maybe we should buy the developers a round of beers at a local pub for putting up with our craziness we caused them....
    Edited by justin.a.hairb14_ESO on June 9, 2015 5:20AM
  • navyspeed
    navyspeed
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone should wait 1 hour to try to login. I will test to see if it works then everyone else can try. :smiley:
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0.jpg

Am I the only one who eagerly tried clicking that image as if it was going to load some new console game play video footage? LMAO :P

AWESOME!!!!! It worked :smiley:
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • MiteeAfrodite
    MiteeAfrodite
    ✭✭
    I get games have launch issues. I really do. But this is a game that has been on PC a year, was in beta for a year before that, got pushed back too many times, had a beta test for only one month prior to console launch, and has now had to go F2P because of its bad rep. The least Zenimax could've done was get their *** together and had a reliable console launch. U don't realize the bad effect this has on players. And I want this game to succed more than anyone. That's why it's sad to see such a horrible launch. Embarassing. The devs should've planned for this, not the players who paid $79.99. We shouldn't hope games work at launch. We should expect they work.
  • delushin
    delushin
    ✭✭✭
    Given the time we are dealing with and the delay of the console version, minus the expected day one issues with nearly ever game anyways an opportunity presents itself to ZOS.

You have an opportunity to instantly win back fans and all you need to do is learn from what other developers do when they break something on console. There are many examples of games releasing in an unexpected state resulting in players getting upset.

It wouldn't take much to flip the view of those who still stand here as customers with a broken heart and at the same time rocket yourself to the front page of gaming news with a positive instead of a negative. Its very easy really, you just have to give out from stuff, it has worked for all the other bad release day companies.

The question is, can you draw yourself to do that?
    Edited by delushin on June 9, 2015 5:22AM
    Raven Guard - PS4 [PvE/PvP] NA Server - Daggerfall Convenant
    #1 AUS/NZ Guild - http://ravenguardclan.com/
    http://www.twitch.tv/delushin