The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Login failed for both EU and NA servers.

• Tholian
    Tholian
    Soul Shriven
    Announcements seem to be back. Progress?
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trust me, they are doing everything possible to get this game up and running for everyone trying to log in. If you only knew the amount of overtime and long hours they have been putting in the past few weeks to finalize things for the June 9th release date. I don't work for Zenimax, but I know millions of people all trying to login to a server at one time is a network guys nightmare. You can't ever be fully prepared for that and things will have to be ironed out along the way. So, in reality it's us (the millions of people) flooding their servers all at one time that has cause this chaos to begin. Maybe we should buy the developers a round of beers at a local pub for putting up with our craziness we caused them....

I agree, I only wish they could of had a open console beta; if only for a couple days.
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • floydmurphy.kg_ESO
    floydmurphy.kg_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    well I finally got logged in to link my accounts....but now I'm stuck loading again.

Progress!!
    "There is panic in my fascination - Like soothing wine is my despair - Gracefully I fall to pieces"
    Ihsahn - Elevator
  • bigboss07
    bigboss07
    In the queue position number one LOL
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn that sucks i just played from 9pm to 1:15am everything went super smooth wasn't kicked or nothing just called it a night
    Edited by pecheckler on June 9, 2015 5:23AM
    End the tedious inventory management game.
  • navyspeed
    navyspeed
    ✭✭✭
    I get games have launch issues. I really do. But this is a game that has been on PC a year, was in beta for a year before that, got pushed back too many times, had a beta test for only one month prior to console launch, and has now had to go F2P because of its bad rep. The least Zenimax could've done was get their *** together and had a reliable console launch. U don't realize the bad effect this has on players. And I want this game to succed more than anyone. That's why it's sad to see such a horrible launch. Embarassing. The devs should've planned for this, not the players who paid $79.99. We shouldn't hope games work at launch. We should expect they work.

Maybe lower the expectations. Name the last game you bought that worked like it was supposed to....Wait a second I can't name one.
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Trust me, they are doing everything possible to get this game up and running for everyone trying to log in. If you only knew the amount of overtime and long hours they have been putting in the past few weeks to finalize things for the June 9th release date. I don't work for Zenimax, but I know millions of people all trying to login to a server at one time is a network guys nightmare. You can't ever be fully prepared for that and things will have to be ironed out along the way. So, in reality it's us (the millions of people) flooding their servers all at one time that has caused this chaos to begin with. Maybe we should buy the developers a round of beers at a local pub for putting up with our craziness we caused them....

Maybe they should spend the money they saved by not having a stress test or very least to test their own midnight local launch code, and buy their own beers. I don't think it's that big of a deal, yet, but I certainly wouldn't be giving company as a whole a pat on the back either.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • floydmurphy.kg_ESO
    floydmurphy.kg_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Meanwhile my girlfriend is next to me on her laptop laughing and playing HOMM3.

Ohhh the good ole days.
    "There is panic in my fascination - Like soothing wine is my despair - Gracefully I fall to pieces"
    Ihsahn - Elevator
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    navyspeed wrote: »
    I get games have launch issues. I really do. But this is a game that has been on PC a year, was in beta for a year before that, got pushed back too many times, had a beta test for only one month prior to console launch, and has now had to go F2P because of its bad rep. The least Zenimax could've done was get their *** together and had a reliable console launch. U don't realize the bad effect this has on players. And I want this game to succed more than anyone. That's why it's sad to see such a horrible launch. Embarassing. The devs should've planned for this, not the players who paid $79.99. We shouldn't hope games work at launch. We should expect they work.

Maybe lower the expectations. Name the last game you bought that worked like it was supposed to....Wait a second I can't name one.

Any first party Nintendo Mario or Zelda game.
    English is not my first language, Finnish is.
    Please don't heap on me for grammar problems.
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    An hour and a half of trying to log in and still counting...
  • Despairandvideogames
    lol this guy. First, this isn't a F2P game, it's B2P, yes, there's a HUGE difference in model if you've had any experience in both you'd know this. Second. Name the MMO that launched without any issues. You can't.[/quote]

So you are saying there is a huge difference between playing for free and playing for free. Don't give me this initial purchase crap. This game had a monthly fee and it couldn't pay the rent check with that model, it had to go FTP or die like wild star is finding out. It luckily has a chance to keep its head above water with a console version, but you only get one chance to make a first impression.

Who remembers this

"While the history of most MMO’s on launch day might prove otherwise, Firor strongly believes that Elder Scrolls Online will have a smooth launch. He states “We will make sure that no matter where you live, every player in North America, Europe, Oceania and many places beyond, will have a polished, lag-free launch experience. Based on the existing number of our beta signups and because we anticipate that the ESO community will continue to grow after launch, we plan to add capacity to keep up with demand in both our North American and European datacenters.”

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_Tarina on June 9, 2015 5:53AM
  • fureyu
    fureyu
    ✭✭
    Trust me, they are doing everything possible to get this game up and running for everyone trying to log in. If you only knew the amount of overtime and long hours they have been putting in the past few weeks to finalize things for the June 9th release date. I don't work for Zenimax, but I know millions of people all trying to login to a server at one time is a network guys nightmare. You can't ever be fully prepared for that and things will have to be ironed out along the way. So, in reality it's us (the millions of people) flooding their servers all at one time that has caused this chaos to begin with. Maybe we should buy the developers a round of beers at a local pub for putting up with our craziness we caused them....

How's the saying go?.. "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen"? There's a reason that this company hasn't met it's marketing projections, and that's because of poor management. Not that I could do any better, but someone out there could. The best man is never on the job with this game, it's always the mediocre temporary bad-aid fix.. Some of us have been paying for services from this company for over a year now, and all they've thrown at us were some cheesy mounts and ugly costumes. Something is wrong with the management of the company. This instance would never be blown out of proportion like this if it was not a reoccurring situation that we as customers just keep throwing our money at like idiots expecting them to eventually fix it.
    Edited by fureyu on June 9, 2015 5:30AM
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    navyspeed wrote: »

I had no issues at launch with Halo 3 & 4. Call of Duty MW2 and Destiny. Gears of War went without issues too. I can honestly say as a console gamer I can name more titles I had no issues with than ones I did.

In actuality, this is the biggest issue I've ever had on a console game at launch. Especially a game that had an extra year to keep this from happening.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna say.. I am not worried about a launch failing - in fact, stuff happens.

Planet still orbits around the sun, I have food in my belly, and just waiting for xbox to pop up to play.

I'm not gonna condemn a company for the first couple years of their online mmo existence. Considering this is their first online title, live and let live.

cya all in Xbox Tamriel
  • MiteeAfrodite
    MiteeAfrodite
    ✭✭
    Maybe lower the expectations. Name the last game you bought that worked like it was supposed to....Wait a second I can't name one. [/quote]

That's the prob tho. As gamers we keep lowering expectations from companies. If your game isn't ready to launch, then don't. Some guy said we should buy the devs beers??? Like I didn't pay $80 plus ESO plus fees already? It's an hour and a half in, can't even log in. This company NEEDED a good launch. Just sucks.
  • natedawg84
    Have you tried turning it off then back on again?
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    natedawg84 wrote: »
    Have you tried turning it off then back on again?

Sir, please unplug your modem. Wait 15 seconds and then plug it back in please.
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • navyspeed
    navyspeed
    ✭✭✭
    My sarcasm button wasn't on....I am just saying for me on the games I have bought I haven't had a good experience with the games. BF4 was broke for a year, FIFA is still broke, Madden just cares about the ultimate teams, all I am saying is that I am tired of this just as much as everyone else but it doesn't surprise me. I guess they did the due diligence with stress testing.....
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if I go grab some beer and start drinking my expectations of playing tonight will be even lower. Heck I might even pass out and forget this ever happened. BRB
  • zero0gt
    zero0gt
    Still timing out...
  • Arkayoh
    Arkayoh
    Soul Shriven
    They could have had this in beta for years, did 100 different open beta tests, and poured millions into server infrastructure. The result would have been exactly the same. When you have 100,000+ people hitting a login server at the same time, this is what happens.
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL first you say this game is F2P, then you say you paid 79.99 for it. Pssssst....the game is B2P, there is a huge difference in game model (different cash shop/DLC models in both).

How can something be F2P if you paid 80 dollars for it?
  • Hamztein
    Hamztein
    ✭✭
    So, should we go to sleep or is it possible that this will be fixed in the next hour?
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

The team is still working on resolving the console server outage. We'll provide our next update shortly. Thanks again for being so patient. Trust us, we all want to jump in the game with you as soon as possible, too!
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    alright, an hour and forty minutes in and I think I've had my fill of the login screen finally...
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the plus side, I've caught up with the episodes of "Friends" I missed when I fell asleep last night.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

The team is still working on resolving the console server outage. We'll provide our next update shortly. Thanks again for being so patient. Trust us, we all want to jump in the game with you as soon as possible, too!

Even if this might be automated....thanks to you all for communicating so much yesterday-today.

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Arkayoh
    Arkayoh
    Soul Shriven
    Hey guys,

Any chance we can get updates on the official Twitter account, or is that farmed out to someone who has no idea what's going on?
  • Bigman1182
    Bigman1182
    ✭✭
    lol this guy. First, this isn't a F2P game, it's B2P, yes, there's a HUGE difference in model if you've had any experience in both you'd know this. Second. Name the MMO that launched without any issues. You can't.

Rift had 0 problems at launch.
    Edited by Bigman1182 on June 9, 2015 5:43AM
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol this guy. First, this isn't a F2P game, it's B2P, yes, there's a HUGE difference in model if you've had any experience in both you'd know this. Second. Name the MMO that launched without any issues. You can't.

So you are saying there is a huge difference between playing for free and playing for free. Don't give me this initial purchase crap. This game had a monthly fee and it couldn't pay the rent check with that model, it had to go FTP or die like wild star is finding out. It luckily has a chance to keep its head above water with a console version, but you only get one chance to make a first impression.

Who remembers this

"While the history of most MMO’s on launch day might prove otherwise, Firor strongly believes that Elder Scrolls Online will have a smooth launch. He states “We will make sure that no matter where you live, every player in North America, Europe, Oceania and many places beyond, will have a polished, lag-free launch experience. Based on the existing number of our beta signups and because we anticipate that the ESO community will continue to grow after launch, we plan to add capacity to keep up with demand in both our North American and European datacenters.”

[/quote]

wow so you are calling me names because you don't understand the difference between the B2P business model and the F2P business model. You also have NO IDEA why it went B2P as ZOS is a privately held company and they never went into detail. MY OPINION is that they planned the change from the begining. But I don't know for sure obviously.

You may want to go to bed. You seem crabby kiddo.

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_Tarina on June 9, 2015 5:55AM