The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Login failed for both EU and NA servers.

• Ever75
    Ever75
    Well it's not good, but you're right this is normal for mmos. The bad part though is they built the launch around this whole midnight local idea and completely messed it up because it let all US login at 12est.

yeah let's put the blame on those west coast users :-P

• fasm1995ub17_ESO
    fasm1995ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Is there any ETA on this? Should I go to sleep ir wait?
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever75 wrote: »
    Well it's not good, but you're right this is normal for mmos. The bad part though is they built the launch around this whole midnight local idea and completely messed it up because it let all US login at 12est.

lol ya, I wish we could blame Canada. There's good meme's for that.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm so from the official post...have they locked out anyone who isn't online now?
    Not even getting a que like on PC
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Hamztein
    Hamztein
    ✭✭
    We can blame Brazil... Not forgeting that all Americas use NA server.
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @fasm1995ub17_ESO We're still working to get this resolved as soon as possible. We'll post another update shortly.
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • floydmurphy.kg_ESO
    floydmurphy.kg_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    blg_blame_canada.jpg
    "There is panic in my fascination - Like soothing wine is my despair - Gracefully I fall to pieces"
    Ihsahn - Elevator
  • Ever75
    Ever75
    Ever75 wrote: »

lol ya, I wish we could blame Canada. There's good meme's for that.

i knew it was my fault, i had to create a US profile at Beta since they were having issue with us up north ;-)
  • imbobby74
    imbobby74
    Soul Shriven
    Im just curious if its even possible to get in if I keep trying? If not May as well goto bed
    Edited by imbobby74 on June 9, 2015 4:45AM
  • Hawk269
    Hawk269
    ✭✭✭
    @fasm1995ub17_ESO We're still working to get this resolved as soon as possible. We'll post another update shortly.

Thanks. I know many of us, including myself are being very vocal about this. I just hope you folks at ZOS understand that from the end user side, this is really frustrating, especially those that stayed up late or took time off work to be part of the launch.

We do appreciate you guys trying to get this thing working and hope that a solution will present itself shortly. I know many have given up waiting, especially those that planned things out with friends and such.
    Edited by Hawk269 on June 9, 2015 4:48AM
  • Phaoryx
    Phaoryx
    ✭✭✭
    Mordekaiser es numero uno

But on a more serious note, is anyone timing out or is everyone getting errors? I went from immediate error to long loading and eventual time out. Does this mean they just closed/shut off the servers as they try to find the problem?
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blg_blame_canada.jpg

LOL omg thank you so much for that!!!!
  • floydmurphy.kg_ESO
    floydmurphy.kg_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well I guess I can do laundry!
    Edited by floydmurphy.kg_ESO on June 9, 2015 4:51AM
    "There is panic in my fascination - Like soothing wine is my despair - Gracefully I fall to pieces"
    Ihsahn - Elevator
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It'll probably take them some days to add the extra server capaciaty
  • Hamztein
    Hamztein
    ✭✭
    Some people are playing while others cannot login? Or the servers are down?
  • ArcherSniper18
    ArcherSniper18
    Soul Shriven
    This isn't the end of the world....I guess. I can still play the game after work....in 9 hours....I guess.
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hamztein wrote: »

Some are playing, Europe is up, NA login servers are down.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • floydmurphy.kg_ESO
    floydmurphy.kg_ESO
    ✭✭✭

LOL omg thank you so much for that!!!!

Anytime!
    Ihsahn - Elevator
  • zero0gt
    zero0gt
    I have work to more ... I stayed up for this man lol
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just tried to login the EU server and it still gives the LOGIN FAILED error.
    Edited by Justice31st on June 9, 2015 4:56AM
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • Sau
    Sau
    ✭✭
    Having played many MMOs since their existence this is pretty much expected on launch. In fact I think it would be a bad sign if it didn't.

Of course I hoped I'd get in tonight but didn't really think I would. Maybe in a few hours...
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I just tried to login the EU server and it still gives the LOGIN FAILED error.

Weird Eu works for me, can get to the create account screen.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • Ever75
    Ever75
    g1370242762192324861.jpg
  • Despairandvideogames
    Nerio wrote: »
    Expecting no problems on an MMO launch day is like expecting someone to admit fault when you rear-end them. You're gonna end up disappointed :wink:

This isn't 2005 anymore. Multiple mmo's with smaller ready time have launched without this type of issue. Knowledge of this type of issue is known, this inability to be up and running was not unforeseen. We are dealing with a company that hasn't sold half as many copies of this games as predicted by marketing. Look how quickly this ga,e went FTP. The staff has been reduced I guarantee. Do not expect this game to have a smooth launch, and be prepared for many many issues in the coming weeks.

I just prognosticated all up in your shhhh.
  • Arkayoh
    Arkayoh
    Soul Shriven
    Friendly reminder that nearly all MMO launches are disasters, even on PC. ARR launch was awful from a server standpoint as well and Square-Enix was behind that, and they are as big or arguably bigger than Bethesda.

Basically, you should have seen this coming.

Although I will admit that communication has been lacking. The fact that the official Twitter feed hasn't been updated with a statement is disappointing.
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just keep trying, eventually you'll get in. Or at least that's what I'm currently telling myself as I hit the x button over and over.... for an hour straight...
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    iamkeebler wrote: »
    Just keep trying, eventually you'll get in. Or at least that's what I'm currently telling myself as I hit the x button over and over.... for an hour straight...

Why bother? It'll probably take them at least a day, more likely 2-3, to add more server capacity.
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for staying up with us, guys. Our team is still working hard to get this resolved. We'll provide another update shortly.
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was my point too.

The big issue is that people make out these issues to be ok. It shouldn't be ok.

I'm not going to lose sleep over it but it's still inexcusable in my mind. Wonder what other issues await once we are actually able to play.
  • Despairandvideogames
    AngryNord wrote: »
    iamkeebler wrote: »

Why bother? It'll probably take them at least a day, more likely 2-3, to add more server capacity.

EGGSACTLY!!. What he said.