Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are you happy with these prices?

• Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed Fellings.
    They are high but maybe the plan is to give new offers like often, like 25%, 50%, 75% off. Although that 1500 per month is just an insult, what you can get with your 1500 Crown? 10 freaking horse skill point. It just isnt right. I'd personally reduce prices alot. MMO genre is full of greedies, maybe its smarter to go for lower prices. Its kind of stupid WoW set the standards with their mounts and devs just take it and use it for every item, WoW wins yet again! What was meant to be other's strenght they've managed to turn it against them, well played. If WoW become the cheapest option, you've shot yourself in the head. Think about it.
    Edited by Sausage on June 5, 2015 7:37AM
  • LucyferLightbringer
    LucyferLightbringer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'm currently happ with these prices.
    Am happy with the prices, if someone wants to skip ahead in game (horse training, motifs), he should pay top dollars for it.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate).
    Am happy with the prices, if someone wants to skip ahead in game (horse training, motifs), he should pay top dollars for it.

In this case, they'd not be simply skipping ahead. ZOS actually made it more inconvenient to level mounts (max 1 per day, instead of 1 per mount per day) before "offering" us this convenience item.
    Edited by daemonios on June 5, 2015 10:11AM
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    IZOS actually made it more inconvenient to level mounts (max 1 per day, instead of 1 per mount per day) before "offering" us this convenience item.
    Let me get this right: you're trying to say that spending a larger daily amount of Gold on multiple horses is less inconvenient than having to spend only one amount of gold, which benefits all of your mounts? That's... interesting.
  • SatchmoJones
    SatchmoJones
    ✭✭
    No, it's daylight ribbery.
    Can I purchase new content with my crowns?
  • mikifox
    mikifox
    I feel like the price is a bit high, but appropriate for what it is. If the price is too low, everyone and their mother will be bouncing around on maxed mounts from level one, depreciating the sense of achievement that comes with finally capping an attribute. Of course pricing it way too high would make little business sense for ESO as no one would buy what can be obtained for free in game with a bit of patience. My only real problem with it is the fact that these points are per-toon instead of account wide... so perhaps a tiny adjustment down would be wise.
  • Wodwo
    Wodwo
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I think you guys a missing the point here (a lot of you any way).

The reason the price for mount riding lessons is so high is that it is clear ZOS have listened to us in the "we don't want pay to win items in the Crown Store" (and believe me- increasing your mount speed through money in Cyrodiil is pay to win).

At their current price point, they sufficiently deter routine players from purchasing them and exploiting the system, however they are not so high that they can still appeal to players who don't play the game that often and want the convenience of dropping a couple of pounds on an upgrade.

I don't think ZOS intends you to go out and spend all of money at once ranking up a single mount, I feel this is intended as a gap closer that players who can't always log on once a day can buy maybe bi-monthly to ensure they are not losing out when it comes to mounts.

By not selling them individually, the person buying these upgrades feel as if they are gaining a significant boost every time. As far as I am concerned- this is a very shrewd move on ZOS's part- keep up the good work!
    Edited by Wodwo on June 5, 2015 11:01AM
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IZOS actually made it more inconvenient to level mounts (max 1 per day, instead of 1 per mount per day) before "offering" us this convenience item.
    Let me get this right: you're trying to say that spending a larger daily amount of Gold on multiple horses is less inconvenient than having to spend only one amount of gold, which benefits all of your mounts? That's... interesting.

No, I'm saying that maxing your mounts in 180 days is more inconvenient than maxing them in 40 days, which is what we had prior to 1.6.
  • elitekaosb16_ESO
    I voted Other...

I have yet to see anything in the store that I would pay real money for. On release I paid for 120 days of subscription but then news was starting to come out regarding the first extra endgame content which was only focused on group play - this is not something that interested me (still dosn't) so I left.

Now the game has gone B2P I tried it again but I find myself just getting bored, all the quest just feel 'the same'. I only play now for an hour a week if at all and the items in the crown store are the reason why...

A real lack of imagination and lots of haste seem to have gone into the B2P model. I remember when DDO and STO went F2P, they at least had a ton of stuff to buy from day one, both had a way to gain small amounts of the store money from just playing the game. ESO on the other hand has nothing, a few mounts, some poor costumes and now riding lessons...

Micro-transactions are here to stay but it helps when you have something the players want to buy!
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, I'm saying that maxing your mounts in 180 days is more inconvenient than maxing them in 40 days, which is what we had prior to 1.6.
    But still, training the character to affect all mounts is more convenient and cheaper than training each mount individually. Having to spend more time to do that is a tradeoff, not a deliberate inconvenience.

Edited by KhajitFurTrader on June 5, 2015 10:32AM
  • SatchmoJones
    SatchmoJones
    ✭✭
    April 3rd 2015 > Crown store showcase
    May 1st 2015> Crown store showcase
    5/21 to 5/26> Crown store sale

These are the last three post's on my launcher. Nothing meaningful.

The reskin of the senche tiger mount to a black panther....shameless, no new animation or sound just a limited edition color change. Whats worse is the limited part, as if to say hey we know we give you crowns for continuing to sub but if you want this pay more cause its gone soon.

I've no choice as a responsible consumer but to cancel my sub, its sad to say as I really enjoyed the game, (built my rig specifically for it even) and had a lot of fun with it over the last year and a half. The PC community needs to stop buying into these crown store discussions, and ask the important question " Wheres the content?"

• Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »
    Although that 1500 per month is just an insult, what you can get with your 1500 Crown? 10 freaking horse skill point. It just isnt right.

This.

I personally equate items in the Crown Store to "number of months of paid sub required." When you start looking at it that way you quickly see 10 days of horse training = 2 paid months or $28 USD.

So, let me get this straight. 10 days of horse training costs 60 days of sub money?

Yeah, the math is off on that one.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing in the store I need to advance my game play, so I really don't care what the prices are, I am still subbed have a ton of crowns only bought one thing from the store the leopard mount, already have maxed out riding on one toon almost maxed on another, nice thing about the mount it is account wide. The day they start putting things in the store that I have to buy to advance my toon is the day I say goodbye.
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How on earth do people see this as P2w

Player (A) with fully upgraded horse 180 points who has been playing since early release, and used in game gold

Player (B) with fully upgraded horse 180 points who's spent £95 lol

Both players no matter what will get to the same place the same time and carry the same amount!

The only way this would be P2w would be if the £95 gave you minimum 181 points for your horse

I think the prices are ridiculous to be honest, what's next Race change £100 hair cuts £50

The last 2 mmo's that I've played I probably bought the game 6/7 times over as well as sub as they had things that I see as value for money, like in my last post here if it was 1k crowns for 60 points then I would buy them for at least 6 of my characters that's 18k crowns right there, but for 10 I see this as a rip off so £0

The Crown store = Sorry but I'm out
    Edited by Most_Awesome on June 5, 2015 11:32AM
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Youre getting 1 point per 100 Crowns. Youre paying for the convenience to cut down on a prolonged game mechanic.

If you think its too expensive. Then dont spend your money. Theyll either lower the price or not. But at the end of the day. Youre not running their business and can only vote with you wallet.

No amount of complaints and over reactions like calling it 'daylight ribbery'? You mean highway robbery?Let me try this sentence again. No amount of complaints about it will change that price as long as enough players are willing to actually pay for it.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Veridiano02
    Veridiano02
    ✭✭
    Well, I will never be OK with any prize over 0€ XDD.

But... I'm OK with some prices, and others, are just daylight robbery. The racial motifs, are a good example. Racials are OK (500 crowns) but the rare ones... It's just too much. The mounts, are too much. But the outfits are OK. The repair tools, or potions, or even the soul gems are OK too... Some prices should be revised, but not all of them.
    Edited by Veridiano02 on June 5, 2015 11:37AM
  • snackrat
    snackrat
    ✭✭✭
    Adventure pack is a little steep imo, but the rest is pretty much what I would expect. Horse training included.
    I'm training planned alts in speed, but the ones I'm currently playing are already maxed in speed (as well as capacity for my crafter). I won't see the pressure in buying training until I switch to one of the other alts, which already have their speed 30+.
    There's the mule I suppose, but there's isn't much competition for space in his bags atm so also not a problem.

As for my vote, I laughed reading them aloud phonetically and then decided I'd choose the only one spelt correctly. :wink:
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just out of interest, how many "Whales" do people actually think there are in ESO?

With all this talk about the items being priced for Whales, it's almost like you think ZOS are going to make huge money from this.

Let's assume they have 10,000 Whales - which to be honest, would be incredibly kind imo and the figure would be a lot less but those with 20 years of MMO can update me on that :dizzy:

So, 10,000 players who are paying say $150 each to upgrade their Horse. That's $1.5m.

What, 10,000 - don't be stupid. It wouldn't be more than 2-3000 players. Ok, well that's $450k

These are not very big figures people - and when you consider the figures will probably be in the 100's rather than 1000's that would purchase all 180 days... *shrugs*
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • Elebeth
    Elebeth
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite sure that these prices on crown store are not just approximate calculations on what is a fair price for X item made by just 1 or 2 random employees.
    They have their economy/market experts doing their job, so there must be a good reason behind every price.

That said, if there are people that are actually buying motifs, food, riding skills, etc. for those set prices, kudos to them and kudos to ZOS for making money. Buyers are happy (apparently), ZOS is happy and I'm happy for all of them.

But crown store is young, so re-balances will most likely happen, especially when large scale statistics kick in. As it should be.
    And again, as long as there are no p2w items, all is good.

I'll be more interested in crown store when I see DLC prices :)
    "I don't recall using teleportation, and yet there I was. Alone. Naked." Morrowind
  • snackrat
    snackrat
    ✭✭✭
    They price them for Whales..?! What does that even mean?

Do you meant the Welsh, of the country Wales, or are there some deep-sea mammals playing ESO I don't know about?
    Edited by snackrat on June 5, 2015 1:02PM
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    snackrat wrote: »

Do you meant the Welsh, of the country Wales, or are there some deep-sea mammals playing ESO I don't know about?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=whale&defid=6716663
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=whale&defid=7431455

In a video game setting, a person with too much money, too little sense or a mix of both, on whom game publishers rely to make more money than they would with a fixed price or monthly fee.
  • Madness1
    Madness1
    ✭✭✭
    Mixed Fellings.
    snackrat wrote: »

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=whale&defid=6716663
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=whale&defid=7431455

In a video game setting, a person with too much money, too little sense or a mix of both, on whom game publishers rely to make more money than they would with a fixed price or monthly fee.

He actually does mean "Whales", it's a term used by game developers (very common term for mobile devs) for a person who'd spend a lot of money on their store. Think of it this way if 5000 people don't buy anything but 1 person spends 2x (or more) that of the 5000s estimated amount of spending then they've "hit the whale", so to speak. The fatter the Whale the more money they gain. This Whale tactic combined with the crown store currency is very devious. If you want to learn more about the whole whale phenomenon (or digital currencies) then so called mobile "game creators" (scam artists) do conferences at trade shows every year.
    What is the color of night?
    What is the color of the fox?
    Hail Sithis.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But still, training the character to affect all mounts is more convenient and cheaper than training each mount individually. Having to spend more time to do that is a tradeoff, not a deliberate inconvenience.
    not a deliberate inconvenience? It seems to me the existence of riding lessons is proof it is deliberately inconvenient. There were loads of threads complaining about the shift in training time and requests to decrease it. I don't recall a single response from ZOS to discuss a change or explain the logic behind the extended training period. IMO, the reason for both the 6 month training and typical silence from ZOS is because they PLANNED this with riding lessons in mind, not adding riding lessons as an after-thought. This kind of sneaky predatory behavior is becoming more typical with every Crown Store update. I love this game, but I detest and loathe ZOS. They have no integrity or respect for their customers.
    Edited by Ourorboros on June 5, 2015 3:54PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the pricing, if you want convenience - to do something MUCH faster than you can in game... you've gotta pay for it. If it was cheap, why would anyone bothering actually doing anything in game?

"Oh brand new player here, let me just max out my horse and learn every motif in the game in my first 10 minutes"

Now it's "weeellll, that's pretty pricey.. maybe I'll wait a bit, find some, pick up what I don't find, oh and horse? Maybe I'll throw him a 10 pack now and start training every day"
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wodwo wrote: »
    To be honest I think you guys a missing the point here (a lot of you any way).

The reason the price for mount riding lessons is so high is that it is clear ZOS have listened to us in the "we don't want pay to win items in the Crown Store" (and believe me- increasing your mount speed through money in Cyrodiil is pay to win).!

What about the, typical for MMORPGS, 65% of the playerbase who will never go to Cyrodil?

Why should they be punished?

And further more your argument is invalid, Pay To Win happens the moment those things are in the Store, regardless of price.

Ardent PvPers are the players most likely to not flinch at dropping $100 for an advantage in Cyrodil.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prices of crown store items need to be substantially increased. We really can not have viable P2W with people buying everything as though it was bread. Advantage bought for cash can only exist if the lesser people are unable to afford it and catch up.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on June 6, 2015 12:05AM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are making a whale-based game, of course they want whale-scaled profit.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This retired SOB is a Minnow.. or perhaps a Guppy
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    auctally all the us prices where about 5 $ off [20 bucks for ie not 15]

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed Fellings.
    I didn't mind spending my crown points on the Dwemer motif because it saved me a lot of gold and grinding, but the horse lessons are RIDICULOUSLY OVERPRICED.

$150 to max riding skills on a single toon? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I would pay $15 per toon, but that's all.

Edited by Emma_Overload on June 6, 2015 9:32PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE