Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Are you happy with these prices?

• gunplummer
    gunplummer
    ✭✭✭
    No, it's daylight ribbery.
    And bring on the gold sellers.... $153 to max a horse, how much gold could you by from a gold seller for that price.!!! Prices like that just encourages the temptation to find alternative means of acquisition. If you can't steal or quest 250 gold a day, you suck and should try hello kitty with Butter's. For $153 you should find another game to play. That's a year's subs for 1 horse. Unbelievable!
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'll pass. I'm happy enough doing it gradually.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Madness1
    Madness1
    ✭✭✭
    Mixed Fellings.
    gunplummer wrote: »
    And bring on the gold sellers.... $153 to max a horse, how much gold could you by from a gold seller for that price.!!! Prices like that just encourages the temptation to find alternative means of acquisition. If you can't steal or quest 250 gold a day, you suck and should try hello kitty with Butter's. For $153 you should find another game to play. That's a year's subs for 1 horse. Unbelievable!

You mention gold sellers, well that as well as ww/vp bites are sold on ebay already.
    What is the color of night?
    What is the color of the fox?
    Hail Sithis.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wait ww and vamp stamps are on ebay?

edited to add Holy Shizzles yo for rizzles.

3.07 usd for a bite.
    Edited by SeptimusDova on June 4, 2015 10:22PM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Madness1 wrote: »

You mention gold sellers, well that as well as ww/vp bites are sold on ebay already.

Buying bites in eBay! They must be really anti-social, or really extravagant. It doesn't seem that hard to get bites from guild mates.

"A fool and his money are soon parted"
    "There's a sucker born every minute"
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That takes away the fun I used to have I would wait at the totem and bite the first person that came by. Whether they wanted to get bit or not. a Very one sided pvp. >:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

Buying bites in eBay! They must be really anti-social, or really extravagant. It doesn't seem that hard to get bites from guild mates.

"A fool and his money are soon parted"
    "There's a sucker born every minute"

OMG, this! Fools definitely. There are free bite threads here and on FB pages...I dont reddit so I dont know about there. And usually when someone offers in zone chat for a price, someone else will offer theirs free just because...why in the heck would pay real money for that?!?
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we should incorporate ERP into a bite ceremony. Real money for a game bite. Wait will this be in/on the crown store too?
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'm currently happ with these prices.

Alternative means of acquisition? A gold seller can't sell you a maxed out horse.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they cant sell crowns either just mats and gold and crafted not yet bound armor and such stuff. Oh and they sell bites to. maybe they will sell security for peeps wanting to skyshard hunt in cyrodiil soon.
  • The_SpAwN
    The_SpAwN
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate).
    You want P2W? there you go, I like high prices for things like that
  • Jakhajay
    Jakhajay
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heromofo wrote: »
    In Australia these prices are alot more than whats printed here :(

Same in New Zealand!
    Sh'ira - One Eyed Tihm - Do'Mazar - Dar'Sol - Hazzahn - J'darr Sun-Arrow - Bishabi -J'manna - Narim Tollana - Abijah-Ra - Idhassi-Ko - Kajhe the Salty - Ti'lani - Sabhan-Dar - Palamai
    JakhajayAlt: Azala-Do - Saahni the Ohmes - S'aolla of the Darks - Zashima-La Ako'Zhajiit - Lo'Mai-Dro - Taheh-Do - Hrrula - Hatamira - Da'lai

Shield Anvil - Trake's Talons
    Knight Praefect - Knights of the Steel Claw

All Khajiit, All the time!
    For Elsweyr and her people!
  • mwsacto_ESO
    mwsacto_ESO
    ✭✭
    Really folks these prices are reasonable. If it's out if your range the game is free! This is for us folks who have the means.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really folks these prices are reasonable. If it's out if your range the game is free! This is for us folks who have the means.

Hey, buddy, I got a bridge in Brooklyn I can let you have really cheap!
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am happy. I mean - I plan to subscribe on ps4, and for now there is nothing else worth spending crowns on. I probably won't buy many, and will work on upgrading my horst the normal way for the most part. But if it takes 60 days to fully upgrade one stat the normal way, that's four months for two fully upgraded stats. In this time a subscriber would get 6000 crowns - which is enough to fully upgrade the other stat.

I'm happy with that mix, I think.
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The prices are reasonable for a b2p/f2p game.
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree on your assessment of the players. My guess is that most of the highway "ribbery" votes are from first time mmo players who don't know the difference between p2p, f2p, or b2p.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and your guess would be wrong
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That can't be right, can it.

The whole point of not having a functional trade system was to discourage gold sellers.

If we have to put with gold sellers anyway we may as well have an AH.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wrlifeboil wrote: »

I agree on your assessment of the players. My guess is that most of the highway "ribbery" votes are from first time mmo players who don't know the difference between p2p, f2p, or b2p.

You'd be wrong.

Been playing MMO's with micro-transactions since about 12 months before TBC for WoW.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Lothrin
    Lothrin
    I'm other, I'll never ever buy crowns so it just don't matter to me. in other words, I'm indifferent to the cost.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gandrhulf_Harbard I found several gold seller sites where they sell gold. legendary mats and such google tells all.. Ebay has gold and bites
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am PERFECTLY happy with the horse training being so exspensive, makes it so those who pay, have to pay a heavy price.
  • FrostixX
    FrostixX
    ✭✭
    The prices of the "high end" mounts like the Nightmare Courser or the Senche mounts are too high imo. 2500crowns = 25$. The mount is just a skin. A "high end" skin in LoL is under 10$. See the difference ? They should decrease this price. At least make it less than 2000 crowns and I'll be happy.
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and your guess would be wrong

Then the only other conclusion I can come up with is too many players want something for nothing, or next to nothing.
    Edited by wrlifeboil on June 5, 2015 2:13AM
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The irony is according to the EULA no one owns anything anyway. Why give money for a digital product you do not own? I do not try to guess another persons intent or motives on the internet. In person its just as impossible if you have no body language, facial expressions,eye contact, to work off of. So to me what any other player wants is beyond my evaluation facilities on my side of the monitor screen.

I can speak of what I like or dislike but you have no way of guessing my intent or motives either. For the same above listed reasons. Sure blatant things like trolling, inflammatory speech , deception,omission of fact, lying and so forth we can identify. But subtle things we cannot.

I can tell you why I am not happy with pricing or why I think its actions akin to brigandage. But that post would get modded out of existence. As we do not have freedom of expression or speech here on this forum.
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was a 1000 Crowns to max out the skill line then I would see value for money and probably get all my characters maxed out, but 1000 for 10!!!! LOL No thanks
  • Grimnaur
    Grimnaur
    ✭✭✭
    I like the prices how they are. If you don't like it, you could always log in everyday for 6 months and pay ingame gold to max out your skills. I was thinking this would be the price before it released, so yeah I'm happy with the prices.
    “Laugh whenever you can. Keeps you from killing yourself when things are bad. That and vodka.” - J.B.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did log in to train skills to day and logged back out. I am glad it is riding skills to train and not mounts to feed. Because I don't see anyone selling Cat or Tiger food. Unless you count Elves as food. Are they a food group??
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    I am happy. I mean - I plan to subscribe on ps4, and for now there is nothing else worth spending crowns on. I probably won't buy many, and will work on upgrading my horst the normal way for the most part. But if it takes 60 days to fully upgrade one stat the normal way, that's four months for two fully upgraded stats. In this time a subscriber would get 6000 crowns - which is enough to fully upgrade the other stat.

I'm happy with that mix, I think.

In case you or anyone else have forgotten, prior to 1.6 it was possible to buy horses with a bonus to each of the stats and feed each horse individually every day up to a cap of 50. The maximum initial stats were 25 for speed, 20 for stamina and 10 for carrying. At most you'd need 40 days to level all horses to maximum (but your speed and stamina horses would be maxed before that).

With 1.6 you can only train 1 riding skill per 20-hour period (let's call it a day), so you need 180 days to max everything. That's almost a 5x increase in time required. And now they offer us the "convenience" of cutting that time by spending actual money. If you want to max your skills in the same time it took before the changes you now need to purchase 140 riding lessons at a cost of 14000 crowns! Let me be very clear: we now have to pay for something that we used to have for free, regardless of whether we remain as subscribers.

Am I the only one who thinks this is immoral and a prelude of worse things to come?