Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are you happy with these prices?

• Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mixed Fellings.
    I think anything you can buy in the crown store that circumvents normal game mechanics like the motifs and riding lessons should be as expensive as they are. Convenience comes with a cost.

I'd like to see the purely cosmetic items like pets, costumes and mounts, be a little less expensive, but I understand that some others wouldn't agree because they think it's more 'exclusive' by not being so cheap everyone and their dog has one.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, it's daylight ribbery.
    Rox83 wrote: »
    If it were account wide it would be worth it.

They are, you can place the single lessons a course consists of in your bank, for your other characters to pick up and use.

I think Rox meant if the riding skill was account wide, ie, you raise one chars riding speed skill by 10, the would go up for all chars.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mixed Fellings.
    Mounts and Costumes I'm ok with.
    Imperial and Adventures I'd be ok with it they were account wide not just server wide.
    Consumables are too expensive.

If they're charging 1000crowns to add +10% to a riding skill for one character what's a DLC going to be.? 10K???

• RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate).
    Getting gold to feed horses is easy, fitting punishment for being lazy I say so the prices work less they end up increasing the gold costs also
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think 5000 crowns to max a mount stats is ok that's still 50 dollars here in Australia.
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forztr wrote: »
    Mounts and Costumes I'm ok with.
    Imperial and Adventures I'd be ok with it they were account wide not just server wide.
    Consumables are too expensive.

If they're charging 1000crowns to add +10% to a riding skill for one character what's a DLC going to be.? 10K???
    OP math again about DLC costs
    in Crowns :1500* X (where "X"-Month from 1.6. patch to the first DLC or months from DLC_1 till DLC_2).If DLC will be release every 3 month then 1500*3=4500 crowns+
    In real money it will costs less..i think ~30$ per 1 DLC

Why so?Well you think:"I pay for ESO+ so i get 1500 bonus".ZOS think:"Well we will get away bonus 1500 crowns as DLC cost.Want mount/motif/etc.-PAY more"

• Calippe_Hac
    Calippe_Hac
    ✭✭
    Horse feeding? Horse lessons?
    As a recent re-player this just seems strange.
    I think bank extension (bank upgrades?) would be even more popular. Then there is Build-A-Bank upgrades (not yet introduced which can expand your capacity by creating a network of banks. (after all banking is account wide.) Call it Bank of Tamriel. (Putting all those mules out of business -- you can stop feeding them now.)

Hey, I'm for a doubling or tripling of fees.... would psychologically make me feel better knowing that my game time was worth more. I mean wouldn't you rather work 15 mins for $15 or $24 rather than a measly $7.? In the USA everyone is complaining about raising the minimum wage... let's see some of that spirit here!

Comes the revolution: time to worship Molag Bal.

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So @Madness1 you should really go back and edit the OP to change this:
    Madness1 wrote: »
    The price of horse feedings has just been released an purchasable on the crown store. The current price for any of these feedings (or lessons as the game is calling them) is 1,000 crowns (useable only once per day and only adds one point),
    As it has now been proven false. The current price for the lessons is 1,000 crowns for 10 lessons, not 1,000 crowns for 1.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Lestierse
    Lestierse
    ✭✭✭
    18000 crowns to max train a horse is plainly stupid imo.
    But as always if someone is buying it GG ZOS.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »
    Getting gold to feed horses is easy, fitting punishment for being lazy I say so the prices work less they end up increasing the gold costs also

It's much less the gold than the time. 6 months to fully train riding skills is a BIG time investment. Seems like part of their overall strategy to keep players logging in daily, along with the crappy hireling time mechanism. Would have been nice if the game play was strong enough of a reason to log in everyday, instead of these cheesy gimmicks.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'm currently happ with these prices.
    it's fair
    i meant i don't understand with people complaining the horse lessons are too expensive, train a horse extremely easy with one click and waste only 250 golds which easily obtainable, it's take a long time, yes, but it's just a horse, holding sprint with a normal horse without upgrade already fast enough.

it's a price that fair for your laziness

Edited by Solid_Metal on June 4, 2015 3:39PM
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some things I think are reasonably priced, others cost too much for what they are.

For example I don't mind the 900 crown horses (I've bought 2, one with free crowns from the switch-over) but 1,300 is a bit much for a guar and 2,500 for the special mounts is far too much for what's basically a skin, even a "special" skin. I'd love to have gotten the leopard but not at that price.

Where it gets tricky for me is the items that can also be bought with gold like the riding lessons and motifs. On the one hand I wouldn't buy them personally - I'd rather spend my gold than my real money - so I think they'd have to be cheap to make it seem worthwhile. On other hand they're a (mild) form of pay to win: pay to circumvent mechanics designed to slow down your progression (the need to earn gold and wait to train your horse, and find or buy motifs). Someone willing to throw money at the game could create an account today and immediately have a fully upgraded (flaming) horse and all crafting styles unlocked. Sure that's not going to allow them to finish the main quest in PvE or wipe the floor with everyone in PvP, but it does mean they've skipped to the end of a process most people spend months working on and have to put most of their gold towards.

So from that perspective I'd like them to be unbelievably expensive so as few people as possible buy them and their impact on the game is kept to a minimum. And since I started by saying I'd never buy them myself I guess that means I think they should be as expensive as ZOS dares to make them. >:)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the sub model had shown more profit perhaps they wouldn't have to price gouge the crown store. I haven't found much to spend crowns on, and the current state of the game as it is won't incentives me to buy anything they put in there.
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mixed Fellings.
    Some the euro reflects similarly to the USD, I would say your Conversions are pretty accUrate as 100 crowns =+-$1.
    The IE and Adventure packs are priced almost exactly as they were at launch so no problem there.
    The motif I agree with as long as they don't gouge drop rate.
    The mounts are fairly priced until you hit 2500 crowns. If they drop it by 500-700 crowns it will feel fair (LTO mounts not included).
    The lessons though... don't really reflect all that well. $10 for one point seems very high. Make it 500-700 crowns and it will be a good price. I assume they made the price so high to not alienate the players who will not buy them (me being one of those players) however I do actually feel 1000 crowns is just a tad steep for something this trivial.
    Also if you could drop the Fennic Fox by 500 crowns that would be cool too lol.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Plenty of people seem to be buying the cosmetic items, so I'm not sure they need to lower prices. I want them to make money off the crown store. That keeps the game going. Reel in the whales.

No matter what price they choose, someone will say that it should be less.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on June 4, 2015 8:35PM
  • mwsacto_ESO
    mwsacto_ESO
    ✭✭
    Finally! Thanks Eso no slow pvp horse for me anymore! Happy Dance woo :D
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm "ok" with the pricing. I don't really care what they price the cosmetic items at - if they are low enough and I like them, I may buy some. If not, no loss. I think that the pricing for the "convenience" items isn't currently too low, and if I was concerned about something in the crown store, that is what I would be concerned about.
    Edited by smacx250 on June 4, 2015 4:02PM
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $1 per horse stat. Either spend 6 months upgrading your horse or put in real money to reduce the time by however much you want. I'm fine with it.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Plenty of people seem to be buying the cosmetic items, so I'm not sure they need to lower prices. I want them to make money off the crown store. That keeps the game going. Real in the whales.

You know, this is the attitude that makes me sad.

I want the game to succeed, I really do. My sub is still active (just renewed the other day and until November). Yet the game is slowly but surely going the path of the whale-subsidized forever-dying MMO. As long as a few whales give them enough cash to pay a small team to maintain the servers and throw players the odd bone, they can keep it in a limbo. It's one messed up business model if you think about it.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a good thing, and I'm seeing the company try and provide options for casual players or even hardcore players by use of this crown store/ESO Plus.

This is good stuff and I've yet to see anything in the store that was a problem. I've spent over 5,000 crowns since it opened and plan on buying a chunk on Xbox One as I will do a sub for some period of time.

Looking forward to today Twitch Live feed....
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on June 4, 2015 4:06PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as it took me know to level my horses the long way, yes it should cost you a car payment to insta max your horse.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The price of horse feedings has just been released an purchasable on the crown store. The current price for any of these feedings (or lessons as the game is calling them) is 1,000 crowns (useable only once per day and only adds one point)

This was not clear in the above quote. 1000 Crowns for 10 lessons, use as many as you want per day.

There will be three riding courses that you can purchase: Speed, Stamina, and Carry Capacity. Each course costs 1,000 crowns and contains 10 lessons, and each lesson will increment your skill by one. There is no restriction to how many courses you can purchase and can use as many per day as you’d like, but these lessons will not allow you to go past the 60 cap within any skill.

So, at $10 USD per 1000 crowns, it would cost $180.00 to buy a maxed out horse. That's what a year's sub used to cost.

I'm so glad the sub is free now. I think this officially qualifies as P2W. I realize it can be construed as a convenience item, but you're basically shortcutting 6 months of daily feeding, doubling your storage capacity, and reducing 'return to the fray' times in Cyrodiil with a single purchase (technically 18 purchases, but whatever).
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's how it works, if people pay these prices they will stay high. If people don't they will be reduced. I can assure that not many people are buying 10 soul gems for whatever the ridiculous amount of crowns required. Zos has to make money. I am sure their philosophy is price high and you can always come down. Much harder to go the other way.
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plenty of people seem to be buying the cosmetic items, so I'm not sure they need to lower prices. I want them to make money off the crown store. That keeps the game going. Real in the whales.

Sell 500 items at 10 you make 5000
    sell 5000 items at 2 you make 10000

One way excludes a lot of players, the other way makes more money (automated buying system etc, very little extra cost involved selling to 5000 instead of 500.

To my way of thinking, it's a bit like TV companies deciding to charge 1/2 a million for a TV set, sure some people would buy but most the population would never get to have one.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    firstdecan wrote: »
    The price of horse feedings has just been released an purchasable on the crown store. The current price for any of these feedings (or lessons as the game is calling them) is 1,000 crowns (useable only once per day and only adds one point)

This was not clear in the above quote. 1000 Crowns for 10 lessons, use as many as you want per day.

There will be three riding courses that you can purchase: Speed, Stamina, and Carry Capacity. Each course costs 1,000 crowns and contains 10 lessons, and each lesson will increment your skill by one. There is no restriction to how many courses you can purchase and can use as many per day as you’d like, but these lessons will not allow you to go past the 60 cap within any skill.

So, at $10 USD per 1000 crowns, it would cost $180.00 to buy a maxed out horse. That's what a year's sub used to cost.

I'm so glad the sub is free now. I think this officially qualifies as P2W. I realize it can be construed as a convenience item, but you're basically shortcutting 6 months of daily feeding, doubling your storage capacity, and reducing 'return to the fray' times in Cyrodiil with a single purchase (technically 18 purchases, but whatever).

Honest question....when you use the "P2W" phrase or comment.

-Is this definition based upon another persons ability to achieve an in-game task in a shorter time that you or another player if not using the crown store?

If yes, then wouldn't by definition any convenience item be defined by you as P2W?

Where is the line drawn from your perspective? (P2W vs not P2W)
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm apathetic about it since I'm not purchasing horse training. Now if they'd let me bypass the guild and main quest lines for my alts but get credit for them, well. I might be interested. Shrug. just sayin.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem is people aren't simply divided into those willing to buy cosmetics at any price and those who will never buy them no matter what and by pricing things poorly ZOS does stand to lose out on revenue.

For example I'm quite willing to spend real money on cosmetic items, and pets, mounts and costumes all appeal to me. I also log in almost every day and check the crown store every day I can log in for new items. So in theory ZOS stands to make quite a bit of money from me.

But so far I've bought 5 things, and 4 of those were using up the free crowns I got during the switch-over to TU. (White mane horse, palomino horse, senche-panther pet and the pony guar and bantam guar pets when they were on sale.)

I loved the leopard mount (although it looks a bit chunky for a leopard IMO, I guess because the model was originally for the tiger) and the panther but 2,500 (or £10.90 if you buy the biggest crown pack) is too much IMO. If they were 1,300 crowns like the guar I'd get them, but only because I really like them. For mounts I'm less sure about, like the guar, even that is a bit much.

There's never going to be one price that makes everyone happy of course, but there are ranges that are better. Someone did an excellent example by polling players on how many character slots they'd buy and how much they'd be willing to pay and showed that there's a peak profit if they're priced around....I think it was about $4 each and after that it drops off because fewer people would be willing to buy them, and each person would buy less because they're so expensive.

There are numerous real life examples too. Early on in it's history the makers of Coca-Cola actually found that increasing the price meant they were selling more because people saw it as higher quality and therefore worth getting (whereas before it was marketed partially as a cheaper alternative to similar products), but even now it's one of the most popular drinks in the world they can't simply charge whatever they want, they have to keep it competitive with other drinks, and all those drinks have to be reasonably priced equivalent to other items. I might be in the supermarket to buy a joint of beef for £15 (real price, I just checked) but that doesn't mean I'd also be willing to spend £15 on a bottle of Coke. And not just because I know I could get Pepsi for £1.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The figures are a little suspect in both posts about the "Riding Lessons". One says $180 and this says £153.00

In real terms, if you WERE going to upgrade ALL 180 riding slots, then it would cost you:

18,000 (total Crowns) / 5500 (best crown deal) * £23.99 (Price of best deal)

This gives us £78.51 / £112.90

It's still bloody expensive for what it is.

Then it brings us to the other comments, where people say "Hey, if you want to fast track and avoid months of time investment, then it should cost you a fair amount!".

I tend to agree with this statement, certainly from a player perspective.

If we turn the tables and look at it from a "Corporate revenue stream" it doesn't really make sense. Even taking in to account eh "Whale" scenario. Who out there, is actually going to spend £73 on upgrading a virtual horse just to run a little quicker or have a little more space on a character. I mean, it's a LARGE amount of money.

The simple formula from a company would be either:

Small volume of buyers = High price of item
    Large volume of buyers = Lower price of item

As others have also pointed out, if it was close to £30-40 for a fully levelled horse then far more people would consider paying for it. Even I would consider it for another of my Alts.

This would ultimately lead me to believe that ZOS's figures in terms of revenue generating Crown Store players is somewhat lower than even they would like or be happy with.
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I would drop a fair bit of money on crowns if I thought I was getting value for money, current prices I won't buy any.

Their choice.
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    I might be in the supermarket to buy a joint of beef for £15 (real price, I just checked)

Sir, I salute you for your validation of prices to substantiate your argument!
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭