Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are you happy with these prices?

Madness1
Madness1
✭✭✭
The price of horse feedings has just been released an purchasable on the crown store. The current price for any of these feedings (or lessons as the game is calling them) is 1,000 crowns (useable only once per day and only adds one point), as I mentioned in another post 1,000 crowns is equal to £5 ($7.69, €6.81). Here are the actual prices of what ZOS is charging on some of their items:
Horse Lessons - 1,000 crowns = £5 ($7.69, €6.81)
Golden Eye Guar - 1,300 crowns = £6.50 ($9.99, €8.86)
Dwemer Motif - 5,000 crowns = £25 ($38.41, €34.08)
IE (Imperial Edition Upgrade) - 2,100 crowns = £10.50 ($16.13, €14.31)
Adventure Pack - 1,900 crowns = £9.50 ($14.60, 12.95)
(all prices was converted from pound to euro and dollar via Google and thus should show current conversion rate).

I'd also like to ask something else, do you currently buy anything form the store? If not, you would buy more if they lowered their prices?

EDIT) The Horse Lessons come in packs of 10s, this I didn't realise as I was going by the item description and did not notice how many were included. I'd also like to add that the price to max out a single horse is 18K in crowns, that's nearly £100 ($153.58 US, €136.21). Yes I know some words are spelling incorrectly (an error due to sight issues and touch typing), unfortunately I cannot edit the polls to correct spelling.
Edited by Madness1 on June 5, 2015 2:38PM
What is the color of night?
What is the color of the fox?
Hail Sithis.

Are you happy with these prices? 283 votes

Yes, I'm currently happ with these prices.
29%
highfiveNeriomwsacto_ESOElloathesilverball_ESOaisriyth_ESOMisterJimothyGidorickMasterFUNG_ESOThymosPKMN12NewBlacksmurfCjfowler66b14_ESODaveMoeDeeStaticWaxDrelkagOsteosLeijonaMalnutritionAlphashado 84 votes
No, it's daylight ribbery.
42%
cozmon3c_ESOfirstdecanGloryVanathiAevricSatchmoJonesItsMeTooknblatt_ESOArmitasbloodenragedb14_ESOPsychobunniThorntongueJandoEthoirBigMRox83silentgeckoMost_Awesomekeni_harringtonb16_ESODaz1380 121 votes
Mixed Fellings.
19%
IcyDeadPeopleNestordriosketchAuldjohnwayfarerxRazzPitazzSlurgcmanbornb14a_ESOBouvinParadoxfancyleggsIllumousGreyleafleshparSavettiMoonshadow66Pendrillionschonwiederichb16_ESOgresiacAimora 56 votes
Other (please elaborate).
7%
SirAndykevlarto_ESOIlawyndemichaelb14a_ESO2coryevans_3b14_ESORedTalonFaulgorbertenburnyb16_ESOFhaerronelitekaosb16_ESODanikatZahneThe_SpAwNVeridiano02JrocdaemoniosLothrinElebethViziersnackrat 22 votes
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Australia these prices are alot more than whats printed here :(

• Madness1
    Madness1
    ✭✭✭
    Mixed Fellings.
    I honestly think that some of the prices are a little too high for some of the cosmetic items, even if I had spare change in my pocket their is no way I'd pay what they're charging for cosmetic items; As for other items such as the IE and Adventure Pack then I'd say it's a pretty decent deal.
    Hail Sithis.
  • Madness1
    Madness1
    ✭✭✭
    Mixed Fellings.
    Heromofo wrote: »

Yeah the dollar here is for US (US dollar) which is even more again when converted to the Australian Dollar.
    Hail Sithis.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Dwemer motif is 25 pounds but for us Aussies its 50 dollars , 49.93 Australian Dollars to be exact.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Madness1 wrote: »
    The price of horse feedings has just been released an purchasable on the crown store. The current price for any of these feedings (or lessons as the game is calling them) is 1,000 crowns (useable only once per day and only adds one point)

This was not clear in the above quote. 1000 Crowns for 10 lessons, use as many as you want per day.
    There will be three riding courses that you can purchase: Speed, Stamina, and Carry Capacity. Each course costs 1,000 crowns and contains 10 lessons, and each lesson will increment your skill by one. There is no restriction to how many courses you can purchase and can use as many per day as you’d like, but these lessons will not allow you to go past the 60 cap within any skill.
    Edited by Elsonso on June 4, 2015 2:35PM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed Fellings.
    Hmm

meens i still Need 30 day to max Speed and it cost me around 230€?

well i dont Need it anyway :p

well then im fine with riding to.
    For the rest, im good with.
    But the Lesing Need a rework (imho)
    Edited by BuggeX on June 4, 2015 2:39PM
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a choice with no need to purchase the items.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah the dollar here is for US (US dollar) which is even more again when converted to the Australian Dollar.

Yeah 49.93 Australian Dollars for the Dwemer motif for an extra 20 dollars i can buy witcher 3 lol.
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭

exactly, I burned some crowns on a cat, some costumes, and a mount. All of which I don't use.
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the problem is people want to buy these items and support ESO but the prices are way to high.
  • Madness1
    Madness1
    ✭✭✭
    Mixed Fellings.
    This was not clear in the above quote. 1000 Crowns for 10 lessons, use as many as you want per day.
    There will be three riding courses that you can purchase: Speed, Stamina, and Carry Capacity. Each course costs 1,000 crowns and contains 10 lessons, and each lesson will increment your skill by one. There is no restriction to how many courses you can purchase and can use as many per day as you’d like, but these lessons will not allow you to go past the 60 cap within any skill.

I'm in-game now and looking at the price it's 1,000 crowns for a single lesson, here is the description for the Carry Capacity lesson description: "This item can only be consumed if you have a mount. Expand you inventory space by 1 point per lesson. Mount carry capacity allows you to carry more items. Your current Carry Capacity is (place number here).
    Edited by Madness1 on June 4, 2015 2:40PM
    Hail Sithis.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This was not clear in what was said here. 1000 Crowns for 10 lessons, use as many as you want per day.

Yes, 1000 Crowns = 10 skill points per horse trait. Going to 60/60/60 will thus cost 3 x 6 x 1000 = 18,000 Crowns, and will be available all in one go.

Everyone can decide on their own whether the equivalent of £90 is worth the saving of 150 days.
    Edited by KhajitFurTrader on June 4, 2015 2:48PM
  • Madness1
    Madness1
    ✭✭✭
    Mixed Fellings.

Yeah 49.93 Australian Dollars for the Dwemer motif for an extra 20 dollars i can buy witcher 3 lol.

I'd personally rather pickup The Witcher 3, you know because it's a whole game.
    Hail Sithis.
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    average salary in my country(Russia)~32 600 RUB. 1$ atm=54,9 RUB.So avr in $~593~600 $
    5 000 crowns=2,549 RUB or 46,42$ so
    Horse Lessons - 1,000 crowns = 9.284 $
    Golden Eye Guar - 1,300 crowns = 12,0692 $
    Dwemer Motif - 5,000 crowns =46,42 $
    IE (Imperial Edition Upgrade) - 2,100 crowns = 19,4964 $
    Adventure Pack - 1,900 crowns = 17,6396 $

Membership 1 month 979 RUB~17,83$

Just example Tera prem or WoW in RU ~12-13$...so i think "it's daylight ribbery."
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in-game now and looking at the price it's 1,000 crowns for a single lesson, here is the description for the Carry Capacity lesson description: "This item can only be consumed if you have a mount. Expand you inventory space by 1 point per lesson. Mount carry capacity allows you to carry more items. Your current Carry Capacity is (place number here).

Fair enough. I have not been in the game. However, I would really expect them to sell them in packs of 10, not one at a time. This matches how they bundle other consumables of this nature.

We just need someone to pop into the game and pick up a bundle and report back. :smile:
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • murmur
    murmur
    ✭✭✭

...and you get 10 of those lessons with one buy
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We know it's a choice. Not an issue in this poll. The question was how do we feel about the price and would we be more inclined to make that choice if prices were lower. It goes without saying that lower prices would be an incentive for some fence sitters to make purchases. I liked the Panther mount, but it, and all the limited mounts, were too expensive for me, especially when I have a Senche mount already. Riding lessons are the same......I would be more inclined to buy at half the price. Guess I'll continue my daily routine of feeding the horses.
    art-a_fool_and_his_money_are_soon_parted-paintings-exhibitions-artists-critics-rnin815_low.jpg
    Edited by Ourorboros on June 4, 2015 3:15PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not gonna spend one penny on it since I got multiple char maxed already,
    But 1k for 10 points loooool, that's 18k to fully max a normal horse
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loathe the Crown Store. I'm sitting on my 13k crowns and haven't spent a single one because I disagree with the model but also (I'd say mostly) because all there is on offer is fluff (costumes, mounts) or so-called convenience items that don't excite me in the least.

If and when ZOS add something worth buying like actual DLC, faction changes, etc then I hope these prices get heavily cut. €6 for a horse lesson which you need to take 180x PER CHARACTER is a shameless money grab. That's over €1000 to max a horse on ONE TOON. I realize it saves you 6 months, but that total cost is way over the top.

My bad, didn't have all the info and apparently each crown store lesson will raise riding skills by 10, so scratch what I said about total cost. I still maintain my strong disagreement with the crown store model, though.
    Edited by daemonios on June 4, 2015 3:48PM
  • Rox83
    Rox83
    ✭✭✭
    If it were account wide it would be worth it.
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as enough people are willing to pay, those sort of prices will sadly continue, and based on other cash store games I've played, plenty of people seem happy to pay these amounts :(
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it's absolutely not 1,000 crowns for a single lesson.
    HorseLessons_zps55jl9xvq.jpg
    See the number 10 in the upper right hand corner of each lesson option? Just like with every other crown store consumable that indicates the number of that item which you get in the package. You pay 1,000 crowns and you get 10 of the type of lesson you've selected.

Fair enough. I have not been in the game. However, I would really expect them to sell them in packs of 10, not one at a time. This matches how they bundle other consumables of this nature.

We just need someone to pop into the game and pick up a bundle and report back. :smile:
    You would expect that because that's exactly what they did. So consider this me reporting back with proof that you're right :D
    Edited by UrQuan on June 4, 2015 3:09PM
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Madness1
    Madness1
    ✭✭✭
    Mixed Fellings.
    Ojustaboo wrote: »
    As long as enough people are willing to pay, those sort of prices will sadly continue, and based on other cash store games I've played, plenty of people seem happy to pay these amounts :(

I know it's a shame, it's why they use fake currencies to lure in people who don't realise how much they're spending. It's a very dodgy part of the law right now and I'm glad the law in Europe and UK are clamping down on these kind of business practices.
    Hail Sithis.
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could care less. If folks want to *** away their RL money on stuff like this more power to them. I've dealt with enough cash shops at this point that I'm not suckered in by the latest thing you can waste your money on. Then again, after playing ESOTU when I came back from a 9 month hiatus, I'm already back to just logging in to do crafting dailies and mount stuff so I'm probably not the best example.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rox83 wrote: »

They are, you can place the single lessons a course consists of in your bank, for your other characters to pick up and use.
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    and to people who not trust to my maths
    from 1 my post:

"Crown Imperial Motif=5k crowns
    Ingame Imperial Motif~85k gold

We need 180 days*250g=45k gold. But if we back to "p2p" model add 3 month subcribe to the cost of books we get
    (45k gold ~2500 crowns+~60$(~6k crowns)+1500 Crowns as bonuses*3 )/ 3=4333

So if 1 book will cost ~6-7k Crowns it will be ok.All that less-p2w

"

All 1,2,3=keep you to think that all is ok and after ZOS completely find new player$ from console as constant $$$ you will "BOOMed with p2w shop.And thanks for beta test >:) "

>:) so i was again OP in math
    "
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ojustaboo wrote: »

There really is a sucker born every minute. In "freemium" games there are more suckers than in candyland.
  • Madness1
    Madness1
    ✭✭✭
    Mixed Fellings.

They are, you can place the single lessons a course consists of in your bank, for your other characters to pick up and use.

I think he means that if you use the lesson on one character it applies to all your characters. As other's have mentioned it costs 18K crowns just to max one horse, that's nearly £100 ($153.58 US, €136.21).
    Edited by Madness1 on June 4, 2015 3:21PM
    Hail Sithis.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think he meant you could use the lessons on each toon, not just one. THAT would be a good value :)
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Rox83
    Rox83
    ✭✭✭

Yea.. that's not what I meant. If using each lesson boosted everyone of my characters at the same time it might be worth 1000 Crowns.