Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blackwater Blade (EU)

• some_randomer2
    Omg! We're back to the old days.....AD players doing event!

At least the ol' bridge fight is back
    Aka Nemesis, Dyslexia Untied
  • Rilmarshim
    Rilmarshim
    ✭✭✭
    What's happeining with BWB now? Few of my friends who are "non-vet veterans" suddenly rerolled to AD.
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    Dr_Talos wrote: »
    What's happeining with BWB now? Few of my friends who are "non-vet veterans" suddenly rerolled to AD.

Prolly cuz AD is "winning" atm then. BwB is alot more balanced these days though particular when no faction nightcaps.
  • MelemB
    MelemB
    ✭✭
    Dral_Shady wrote: »

Prolly cuz AD is "winning" atm then. BwB is alot more balanced these days though particular when no faction nightcaps.

Well, seems like today AD nightcapped again. What really bothers me about nightcapping most is that it kills the joy for new PvP players. They don't come again when they have the feeling they can't achieve anything...
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 weeks and counting, last i stepped into BwB.

1st, I was getting so sick of AD nightcap everyday, and then cleanup the mess for 5-8 hours, waste a lot of siege and gold and then next day same ***. The reaction i noticed of most of the players in the morning is W T F is this?

2nd and more annoying than above, DC players need to learn how to play and improve. It's been most evident that when it comes to siege a keep/ outpost, DC has the worst numbers of sieges up anytime. Group or no group. I'd here say, seen the best siege so far is by AD followed by EP.

3rd the Most Annoying part, there are so many trolls in Zone who don;t do *** but talk crap all day long against those who are trying to push for something. And the best part is they have no clue about tactics of the PVP in BwB how it works.

so DC- Learn 2 Play in BwB...and stop trolling...
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    ToxicPAWS wrote: »
    I'd here say, seen the best siege so far is by AD followed by EP.

original.png?1475395744

You have your order mixed up m8, you meant the other way around :)
    MelemB wrote: »
    Well, seems like today AD nightcapped again. What really bothers me about nightcapping most is that it kills the joy for new PvP players. They don't come again when they have the feeling they can't achieve anything...

Couldnt agree more.. it kills it for everyone really - siegeing empty keeps and fighting NPCs just to get points back is not why we r in Cyrodiil..

Edited by Tillalarrien on December 19, 2016 10:33AM
    Valkynaz of the Daedric Order
  • Fodore
    Fodore
    ✭✭✭✭

original.png?1475395744

Couldnt agree more.. it kills it for everyone really - siegeing empty keeps and fighting NPCs just to get points back is not why we r in Cyrodiil..

eww, you are zerging order... disgusting!

And also, what's the name of that dps thing on the right of your screen about half way up?
    Edited by Fodore on December 19, 2016 10:41AM
    Before judging a man walk a mile in his shoes.
    After that who cares?
    They're a mile away and you've got their shoes.
  • Fodore
    Fodore
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, even for the actual PvP'ing AD it sucks, in the mornings whenever I log on there is nothing to do except put a few sieges up at keep to defend... after about a minute siege is over and back to doing nothing... I jus wanna PvP not defend a keep from 4 people because of night capping...

I really wish they didn't nightcap tbh
    After that who cares?
  • some_randomer2

original.png?1475395744

Was it your little Daedric Order group that zerged down nikel with about 40 ppl, got wiped.... Used camp...then finally managed to kill the 12 AD that were there?

I think u then took Brindle and Ash from DC.

And yes.....DC are brain dead. Whoever suggested it was right.
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    Fodore wrote: »
    And also, what's the name of that dps thing on the right of your screen about half way up?

all 13 of us :D and no idea, that screenshot was made by Muri, I can ask her. Ill edit the the answer into this post later.

Was it your little Daedric Order group that zerged down nikel with about 40 ppl, got wiped.... Used camp...then finally managed to kill the 12 AD that were there?

And no.. that was Emp's PUG. We had the very best intentions to go nikel but they beat us to it .. next time ;)

Edited by Tillalarrien on December 19, 2016 11:01AM
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭

original.png?1475395744

We are lucky if we get 10 people in a DO group :p
  • some_randomer2

all 13 of us :D and no idea, that screenshot was made by Muri, I can ask her. Ill edit the the answer into this post later.

And no.. that was Emp's PUG. We had the very best intentions to go nikel but they beat us to it .. next time ;)

Oh god that pug group was cancer..... It brought Vet style play to bwb and that ia a bigger abomination than nightcapping.

Endless camps.....endless.
  • some_randomer2

original.png?1475395744

Did u like the brk/sej/arrius tag XD
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    The screenshot must be from back in September btw judging by the names.
    Its our 12 man group (with 13 in it. We never could do anything right!!!!)
    Edited by Dral_Shady on December 19, 2016 11:07AM
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭

original.png?1475395744

Did u like the brk/sej/arrius tag XD

Yesterday? yea was a handbook for EP in "how to lose 3 keeps in 10 min" like someone said in chat :D
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I missed the fun yesterday :(
    AD pulling some nicely strategic taggs lately! was it you few days before when all EP keeps lit up at the same time? that was brilliant! didnt do much as it turned out, but still completly hillarious :D
    Edited by Tillalarrien on December 19, 2016 11:15AM
  • some_randomer2
    Oh I missed the fun yesterday :(
    AD pulling some nicely strategic taggs lately! was it you few days before when all EP keeps lit up at the same time? that was brilliant! didnt do much as it turned out, but still completly hillarious :D

When in doubt....tag so much stuff they don't know what to defend. It was always my policy when I was leading. Ask Jaydent17 (think that's the name)
    Edited by some_randomer2 on December 19, 2016 11:20AM
  • Fodore
    Fodore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I was at the top of the map tagging DC's home keeps xD the disappointment when they realised it was just one person
    After that who cares?
  • Ray Dm
    Ray Dm
    ✭✭
    Ufretin wrote: »
    I have a few questions to the new AD players in BwB. They probably don't read this forum so I'd be grateful if any of you AD guys could repost this in zone or point them to this thread.

1. Why are you so many?
    2. Why are you so weak individually? Except for some 6-8 well-known regulars, I've won every single 1v1 fight against AD for weeks, even with max emp/scroll/keep buffs
    3. Why are 80% of you playing nightblades?
    4. Why do you run away from fights unless you vastly outnumber the enemy, even when there's nothing at stake/you're next to a respawn location?
    5. Why do you use scatter shot bow ability, allowing me to spam gap closers on you?
    6. Why do you teabag zerged enemies when you didn't even land a single hit on them?
    7. Why do you refuse to learn and improve, instead calling 10 friends when an encounter proves too challenging?
    8. Why do you gank in groups of six?
    9. Why do you nightcap?
    10. Why do you make me sound like an arrogant wannabe-pro prick when all I want is a minimum amount of decency, tactical challenge and satisfactory fights?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Okay... So the only reason I went through the trouble of trying to register for a forum account is for this comment... Believe me, I was tempted to comment many times, starting with Raviours 'top bwb players' list when I saw him at number 3... anyway...
    Now, Ufretin... I know you don't like me... And, to be honest I don't care... Just know that whatever I may say is not personal...

Your entire message/list of questions are directed at 'new players' in bwb... Now I don't know about the rest of BwB, but if I do play there I can generally see who's new or who's just noob... and if you hadn't noticed, there's been an increased number of 'new' players... Emphasis on new, btw... Why you even bother throwing questions at them makes no sense to me... And then you still throw in a 'I won every single 1v1 fight agains AD...'

Let me comment/answer some of your wonderful questions... 'Why are you so weak individually?'... Sorry to say, but you're weak even in a group, man. And to answer. Maybe it's because they're new??... 'Why do you run away from fights...?' EP does that same thing, as well as DC. But I would like to know the answer as well... as for scatter shot... I've been getting hit by the same skill from EP too :smile: ... 'T bagging zerged enemies'... Hmm. Where have I seen that again?... Oh... right... EP and DC as well... T bagging zerged enemies is not faction bound, mate XD

I won't go on... But, i'm sure you're smart enough to understand where I am going at this point... Don't undermine AD when all factions do the exact same :) and take this from a guy who plays any faction... Also, you're undermining new players, so consider that fact too...
    An answer for number 10: You do sound like an arrogant wannabe-pro prick. But if you want a challenge or satisfactory fight, then hide the sieges you keep pulling out on me when you're outnumbering me ;) not that it really matters to me (P.S I know you're trolling)... point is, don't cry for satisfactory fights when you're actually part of the problem... You get 1vXed so many times and you're looking for a challenge from new players? Come on man. You're better than that... I'm not really on BwB anymore. But i'm sure you can find a good fight or two from players who has been playing for as long as you.

Anyway, sorry for the essay... This is me trying to be brief XD lol...
    take it easy on newbies and forgive noobs <3
  • MelemB
    MelemB
    ✭✭
    If you think that DC needs to improve I would suggest you do a guild specifically for DC Blackwater blade and train people how to be good leaders and to organize fights. It seems like DC is now the only faction without such a group. EP has at least Daedric Order and from my AD trading guilds I know they also go regulary to Cyrodiil together, but DC? No plan... I asked around in the hope to learn from good players since I am new to PvP but I couldn't find any.
    And I think it's contraproductive to tell people in forum/zone+group chat that they suck and that they are the worst. The motivation of new/old players will go down rapidly to fight if someone talks negatively about them and their tactics/style. If a fight goes wrong, most of the time it is the fault of the leader as also seen in real life when a manager fails to motivate and organize a group. You want people to do as you say? Train them, motivate them, say something funny once in a while! This will boost team spirit and strengthen the team and who knows? Maybe these people you motivate will take you as an example, learn from you and copy your tactics, maybe they will come time and again so you can form a guild together for this campain. With negativ talk you won't make comrades that like to come back again. These pick up groups are not playing so someone can demotivate them, they want fun. I think this post is very good if someone wants to understand PUGs andhow to effectively lead them:

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/27vqp5/help_leading_in_pvp_how_do_you_lead_in_pvp/

Everyone starts small and learns by doing, effectiveness doesn't arise from demotivation.

I think the strenght of PvPing in Cyrodiil is about socializing with other players, I haven't seen something remotely similar in PVE so trying to be charismatic and funny is one of the ways to keep the spirits up and to lure new players to Cyrodiil. In the beginning I saw new players not coming back again because of the berating and bickering of old players T_T but now I also see new players coming back again and greeting me enthusiastically even thought I am not so strong :D maybe because I try to lift the spirits and tell them "Hey, even strong and old players make a mistake, so don't give up, we are important for our faction!"
    Edited by MelemB on December 20, 2016 4:58AM
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    Im impressed :) Not often do you get a newcomer that receptive to situation beyond winnin or loosing surface fights. Lots of potential and you seem to be learning fast :)

One thing you should know however, that unlike you, majority of new players are satisfied with surface fighting and dont inspire to go beyond that. They wont go out of their way to better themselfs. They are here just to enjoy fighting- blk def - chal push - then blk def again.
    With DO we tried doing bootcamps for zone a while ago - 2 guys joined - rest was too busy dying at allessia main.

Means you need to filter all those out. Its impossible to force ppl to improve and learn if they dont want to be bothered with it.

So best thing to do if you are starting a community targeted at whole alliance (EP had to do it back in September 2015) is for to run PUGs regularly and selectively invite all those that are following well/asking questions/reading and commenting in chat.. less then half of those (ppl leaving for vet, PvE) will then slowly form the core.

Any case, weather you r staying and trying to help dc or joining ep for a bit, you have my support if you need it.
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭

Got the answer for you - should be CombatLogStatistics

Im also testing Combat Metrix atm and its pretty nice - aside from standard dps tracker I like detailed fight recap - shows how big of a part (%) skills have in your dps, how much time you were maintaining certain buffs ect.
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    Pam were doing bootcamps also back when she was playing but got the impression she got tired of it fast also.
  • some_randomer2
    Im impressed :) Not often do you get a newcomer that receptive to situation beyond winnin or loosing surface fights. Lots of potential and you seem to be learning fast :)

One thing you should know however, that unlike you, majority of new players are satisfied with surface fighting and dont inspire to go beyond that. They wont go out of their way to better themselfs. They are here just to enjoy fighting- blk def - chal push - then blk def again.
    With DO we tried doing bootcamps for zone a while ago - 2 guys joined - rest was too busy dying at allessia main.

Means you need to filter all those out. Its impossible to force ppl to improve and learn if they dont want to be bothered with it.

So best thing to do if you are starting a community targeted at whole alliance (EP had to do it back in September 2015) is for to run PUGs regularly and selectively invite all those that are following well/asking questions/reading and commenting in chat.. less then half of those (ppl leaving for vet, PvE) will then slowly form the core.

Any case, weather you r staying and trying to help dc or joining ep for a bit, you have my support if you need it.

Just remember, when younhave pugs dying Alessia Main......we have pugs dying on bridge and sej main.
    If you think that DC needs to improve I would suggest you do a guild specifically for DC Blackwater blade and train people how to be good leaders and to organize fights. It seems like DC is now the only faction without such a group. EP has at least Daedric Order and from my AD trading guilds I know they also go regulary to Cyrodiil together, but DC? No plan... I asked around in the hope to learn from good players since I am new to PvP but I couldn't find any.
    And I think it's contraproductive to tell people in forum/zone+group chat that they suck and that they are the worst. The motivation of new/old players will go down rapidly to fight if someone talks negatively about them and their tactics/style. If a fight goes wrong, most of the time it is the fault of the leader as also seen in real life when a manager fails to motivate and organize a group. You want people to do as you say? Train them, motivate them, say something funny once in a while! This will boost team spirit and strengthen the team and who knows? Maybe these people you motivate will take you as an example, learn from you and copy your tactics, maybe they will come time and again so you can form a guild together for this campain. With negativ talk you won't make comrades that like to come back again. These pick up groups are not playing so someone can demotivate them, they want fun. I think this post is very good if someone wants to understand PUGs andhow to effectively lead them:

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/27vqp5/help_leading_in_pvp_how_do_you_lead_in_pvp/

Everyone starts small and learns by doing, effectiveness doesn't arise from demotivation.

I think the strenght of PvPing in Cyrodiil is about socializing with other players, I haven't seen something remotely similar in PVE so trying to be charismatic and funny is one of the ways to keep the spirits up and to lure new players to Cyrodiil. In the beginning I saw new players not coming back again because of the berating and bickering of old players T_T but now I also see new players coming back again and greeting me enthusiastically even thought I am not so strong :D maybe because I try to lift the spirits and tell them "Hey, even strong and old players make a mistake, so don't give up, we are important for our faction!"

Dc need a puglord.....maybe go ask Prootchy from TF. AD are happily not short of Puglords. I'm guessing EP aren't too.
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭

Dc need a puglord.....maybe go ask Prootchy from TF. AD are happily not short of Puglords. I'm guessing EP aren't too.

Hmm a few weeks we had I think but not really sure now. We have that vet group like already spoken about here and I think it might be the main reason atm EP is doing alright and can defend themselves. We still get a good deal of enimity though and Chal/brk are more often held by hostile forces than its counterparts Alew/ash and Roe/Alessia but that is seen in many campagins and not bwb only.
    Edited by Dral_Shady on December 20, 2016 10:11AM
  • some_randomer2
    Ray Dm wrote: »
    I have a few questions to the new AD players in BwB. They probably don't read this forum so I'd be grateful if any of you AD guys could repost this in zone or point them to this thread.

1. Why are you so many?
    2. Why are you so weak individually? Except for some 6-8 well-known regulars, I've won every single 1v1 fight against AD for weeks, even with max emp/scroll/keep buffs
    4. Why do you run away from fights unless you vastly outnumber the enemy, even when there's nothing at stake/you're next to a respawn location?
    5. Why do you use scatter shot bow ability, allowing me to spam gap closers on you?
    6. Why do you teabag zerged enemies when you didn't even land a single hit on them?
    7. Why do you refuse to learn and improve, instead calling 10 friends when an encounter proves too challenging?
    9. Why do you nightcap?
    10. Why do you make me sound like an arrogant wannabe-pro prick when all I want is a minimum amount of decency, tactical challenge and satisfactory fights?

Okay... So the only reason I went through the trouble of trying to register for a forum account is for this comment... Believe me, I was tempted to comment many times, starting with Raviours 'top bwb players' list when I saw him at number 3... anyway...
    Now, Ufretin... I know you don't like me... And, to be honest I don't care... Just know that whatever I may say is not personal...

Your entire message/list of questions are directed at 'new players' in bwb... Now I don't know about the rest of BwB, but if I do play there I can generally see who's new or who's just noob... and if you hadn't noticed, there's been an increased number of 'new' players... Emphasis on new, btw... Why you even bother throwing questions at them makes no sense to me... And then you still throw in a 'I won every single 1v1 fight agains AD...'

Let me comment/answer some of your wonderful questions... 'Why are you so weak individually?'... Sorry to say, but you're weak even in a group, man. And to answer. Maybe it's because they're new??... 'Why do you run away from fights...?' EP does that same thing, as well as DC. But I would like to know the answer as well... as for scatter shot... I've been getting hit by the same skill from EP too :smile: ... 'T bagging zerged enemies'... Hmm. Where have I seen that again?... Oh... right... EP and DC as well... T bagging zerged enemies is not faction bound, mate XD

I won't go on... But, i'm sure you're smart enough to understand where I am going at this point... Don't undermine AD when all factions do the exact same :) and take this from a guy who plays any faction... Also, you're undermining new players, so consider that fact too...
    An answer for number 10: You do sound like an arrogant wannabe-pro prick. But if you want a challenge or satisfactory fight, then hide the sieges you keep pulling out on me when you're outnumbering me ;) not that it really matters to me (P.S I know you're trolling)... point is, don't cry for satisfactory fights when you're actually part of the problem... You get 1vXed so many times and you're looking for a challenge from new players? Come on man. You're better than that... I'm not really on BwB anymore. But i'm sure you can find a good fight or two from players who has been playing for as long as you.

RAY!!!! You came on
  • Fodore
    Fodore
    ✭✭✭✭

Got the answer for you - should be CombatLogStatistics

Im also testing Combat Metrix atm and its pretty nice - aside from standard dps tracker I like detailed fight recap - shows how big of a part (%) skills have in your dps, how much time you were maintaining certain buffs ect.

Ooh thanks
    After that who cares?
  • Ray Dm
    Ray Dm
    ✭✭
    Ray Dm wrote: »

1. Why are you so many?
    9. Why do you nightcap?

RAY!!!! You came on

Lol yeah man. Someone had to stand up for the newbies
  • MelemB
    MelemB
    ✭✭

I really would love to see how Daedriic Order manages such a good group. After the duties of visiting families and friends during Christmas and New Years Eve :s I will probably find the time to do an EP character and come to you if you are willing to take in a DC player ;D I am impressed you are willing to teach a potential enemy but maybe you hope to get a better fight someday ;p?

I am aware that the majorities will only want a surface fighting but I also think that this and PUGs aren't nessecary bad, as long as you still have a guild/organized group additionally. When I think of our group yesterday: I just logged in and saw that we only had Glade to hold the emp and rayles was EP. I joined a PUG and we rushed to Rayles, took it and went to defended Glade and all this like within 5-7 min? PUGs might be disorganized (or as in the citied article: "The power of the PUG is chaos: guilds achieve victory through uniformity, PUGs achieve victory through disarray") but they can achieve victory by attacking with their sheer number...but this might be also their disadvantage: they want fun and are not satisfied with sitting around and holding/defending keeps for to long and doing complicated time consuming tacticts, something that guilds might be better at?

I don't know what you exactly mean by Puglord but within the last weeks there were some players that led groups good and often successfully in DC but they outleveled the champain after some time and didn't return ;/ Yesterday, I think we had two different leaders oranizing two PUGs and conquering the inner circle, all this only by chat and because within 15 min before server maintanence I sieged walls of nikel/ash/ales to 51-53% ;p

PS Tillalarrien: You are a good tank, you bring others to curse. Yesterday after defending Glade in the last min you still were at the walls, right? My friend playing at the desk in front of me began cursing so much and telling me what a hell of a tank he was fighting at the walls and I only laughed and asked if the character name was Valkynaz XD
    Edited by MelemB on December 20, 2016 2:53PM
  • Fodore
    Fodore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who are the EP people who all run around as skeletons?
    After that who cares?