Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blackwater Blade (EU)

• ness1
    ness1
    ✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    raviour wrote: »
    sadly all u got was a noob dc pug, my slackin is real. BUT U REDS ZERG (and nightcap) THE CAMPAIGN DOWN SINCE 2014 complain if u die on forum, have the only guild in babyblade, use ts3, flame dc hero like me on forum, use spies and team with ad chumps and then come up with paranoid theories.... maybe i should make an ebonfart and teach yall some manners. u better shape up by the time my eso+ finishes or DC dominance will be back on the cards.

Watch out, we got a badass over here...

You teach those filthy nightcappers a lesson, rav. And when people start mentioning that every time you were emp you were usually already reigning for like 4 hours at 8 am in the morning, and usually got dethroned the moment any kind of opposition logged on, just laugh at their obvious lies and slander and yell LALALA I CANT HEAR YOU SPY. High King Emeric would be proud if he could see your forum defense of the glorious Daggerfall Covenant.

Thank you. I rest my case.
    eroaria, oranessuno (since 2014)

I have a weird sense of humour, the layers keep on stacking I oftn lose count ...but in truth I love all animals (humans too sometimes) and abhor any form of violence.
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »

Well if the said emperor seriously struggles to kill you in a 1v1 or even when you are outnumbered and they have semi-decent gear then what this person has said is probably not wrong.

I think you've missed my point. I wasn't defending any emp's 1v1/1vX skill, only pointing out there are more ways to judge an emp's "worth" by than just by raw 1v1 performance.
    Besides, I've seen Reindor struggle to kill you in 1v1 when he was emp :p
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    Ufretin wrote: »
    Victimize wrote: »
    You know the past 2 EP Emps have been pretty bad, right? :#

Has it ever occured to you guys that some players might enjoy other aspects of this game than you?
    You like duels and small scale fights against players of equal skill? That's fine! Some players like to join larger groups and siege keeps.
    You like to theorize on good builds and gear setup? That's fine! Some players like to jump right in without optimizing their build first.
    You like to go wherever you can get good challenging fights? That's fine! Some players take this "alliance war" thing seriously and try to capture objectives to win the campaign.

I get the feeling there's around 20 regulars in BwB who mostly play to compete with and try to impress each other. That's fine but please remember there's a few hundred others who have as much a right to enjoy their game as you do (even if they may not be as vocal on this forum). Kill them, by all means, but don't flame them in zone or on the forum and don't presume that all they want is to become like you and they're just doing a bad job at it.
    I know that's a bit naive but in theory BwB is still supposed to be a campaign for beginners.
    If any Emp refuses your duel request it's not necessarily proof of him being an utter coward and a "bad" player, maybe he just doesn't enjoy dueling and wants to spend his limited time as a powerhouse in other ways.

In short: There's more than one path to happines in BwB, live and let live.

Didn't mean to step on anyone's toes, I just felt I had to give a voice to players underrepresented in this thread and to add another angle to the "what makes a good player" discussion. :)

Well if the said emperor seriously struggles to kill you in a 1v1 or even when you are outnumbered and they have semi-decent gear then what this person has said is probably not wrong.

Im guilty on calling out emps for not accepting a dueling challange myself but I see what Ufre is saying really and i agree.
    There are ppl here, emps included that care more abou AvAvA then their personal strenght.. Emps from ppl playing in groups or even as healers will be optimized differently - I know you all know its true: dueling or beating somone with group healer in 1v1 or smallscale is impossible, simply for how its built.

So yeah on one hand you are surely stronger then some of Emps, but take into account 1vXer is built for the type of combat you are judging them on (with farmed sets and jewellry) while emp might not even used to 1v1ing, 1vXing but group healing.
    Emp Boosts are great but at the end build purpose matters.
    Even as emp I wouldnt be able to 1v1 good dueling build with my aoe group dps simply for lack of heals, buffs ect - good group play makes you get those other aspects from teammates, so you dont bother with them - but they are essential in 1vX.

Also, maybe some other ppl more appreciate emp supporting the defense/leading a group then one dueling or 1vXing somewhere else.

Im saying all this for simple reason: it seems PvPers mostly side with either smallscale (duels, 1vX) or group play, and i dont see a reason for it. Yes you might prefer one playstyle over the other but that doesnt make other style inferior.

Take into account that im not saying, and ufre neither, that there arent a ton of bad group players :D just that being a group player doesnt make you bad :) as well as labeling yourself a 1vX doesnt automaticly make you pro.

Ofc what we'd prefer is a perfect combination, player with proper sets, always ready to jump into either group defending or 1vX/duels and leading his own emp push on top of that.. but you know, those are rare :)
    Edited by Tillalarrien on November 7, 2016 6:28PM
    Valkynaz of the Daedric Order
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    Look at that - constructive discussion on what makes a good player.
    We can keep it up for a bit, guys, as long as we dont scare away Rav, I would miss popcorn material :)
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    Look at that - constructive discussion on what makes a good player.
    We can keep it up for a bit, guys, as long as we dont scare away Rav, I would miss popcorn material :)

You guys scare me!!!

Anyway very well said @Ufretin and this is ALSO a campaign for beginners although we sometimes, I think, forget it.
    Was standing near Arrius lumber the other day where a DC taught me the hard way a lesson or 2 with duels and this new EP beginner came up to watch. He had alot of questions but what stroke me the most was that he left somewhat desulsioned, cuz as he said "how the hell am I am going to compete with that?"

Edited by Dral_Shady on November 7, 2016 7:47PM
  • Ultimate_Overlord
    Ultimate_Overlord
    ✭✭✭
    Theres nothing wrong with playing in a group or running a group build. What is wrong though is tryhard xv1ing people: chasing them around a keep for 10 minutes with a large group, sieging them in a zerg, spamming some cancerous [SNIP]on them, using healing ultis and what not. Some people just get so thirsty to split those few hundred ap with a 20 man zerg they will chase you to the end of the world, use every single bit of ultimate they have, camp and emote your body for 15 minutes while flooding your chat with insults.
    And declining duels is fine (unless you were trashtalking the person) no matter who you are, especially if the opponent is using some aids build *cough cough* Riku and his vitality pots *cough cough*
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on November 11, 2016 10:02PM
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres nothing wrong with playing in a group or running a group build. What is wrong though is tryhard xv1ing people: chasing them around a keep for 10 minutes with a large group, sieging them in a zerg, spamming some cancerous [SNIP] on them, using healing ultis and what not. Some people just get so thirsty to split those few hundred ap with a 20 man zerg they will chase you to the end of the world, use every single bit of ultimate they have, camp and emote your body for 15 minutes while flooding your chat with insults.
    And declining duels is fine (unless you were trashtalking the person) no matter who you are, especially if the opponent is using some aids build *cough cough* Riku and his vitality pots *cough cough*

There are darker times coming up...
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Victimize
    Victimize
    ✭✭✭
    Theres nothing wrong with playing in a group or running a group build. What is wrong though is tryhard xv1ing people: chasing them around a keep for 10 minutes with a large group, sieging them in a zerg, spamming some cancerous [SNIP] on them, using healing ultis and what not. Some people just get so thirsty to split those few hundred ap with a 20 man zerg they will chase you to the end of the world, use every single bit of ultimate they have, camp and emote your body for 15 minutes while flooding your chat with insults.
    +1
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    I think I should have written something amazing for the 1000th comment on this thread instead of wasting it :)
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    But for the rest I agree with that overlord :) too many times ppl get ap hungry chasing 1 with 20 man across half the cyrodiil. When it happens to me it still makes me laugh but i guess there is a number limit somewhere down the line for it to stop being funny :D
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, drastic shift of tone..
    got few reports (from our many many hellsing spies, Rav) about salty if not kinda insulting comments towards DO in other faction chats. Some from the names I know (you know who you are), some from complete strangers (that will never see this post - if you can convey them the message id be gratefull).

As im sure most of you know well Im trying to steer this ts guild with fair mentality, sticking to pretty strong principles about limiting groups at reasonable number, avoiding zerging down ppl intentionally, no nighcapping ect - therefore I am pretty disapointed and insulted by salty/ hateful comments ive seen lately, given the work I and many others put in to ensure DO will be a considered a worthy and respected opponent to you all.

We will continue playing as we are right now but i promise you im REALLY CLOSE to just letting my morals slip and fullfill every single one of those accusations to give you a taste of what it would really be like.
    Edited by Tillalarrien on November 11, 2016 11:47PM
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    think i quit this forum thread. for 5 months its reds zerg ravi with pure lies and hypocrasy. kinda boring.

@valancer i had 3 emps.

1st i didn't want but was 8am and lasted 2 hours coz dc were so depop n we got it 1 hour before campaign closed.
    2nd i didn't want, was 6 of us nightcap ram only for lols lasted 20+ hours, again dc were lowest pop but was a strong char.
    3rd was 8pm on a friday night. i puglorded 2 raids, dc least pop again, lasted 2 hours coz i just wanted scroll n didn't care about hold.

i only got these emps because DC had no farmers and i had to help noobs as lead vs massive enemy guilds with max CP using ts3, was a fun challenge but shame you all ran away after CP removed to save embarassment.

life a get and please stop trolling me on forum you red noob ts3 guild zergalists (you may have noticed DC have no guilds or LFG leads and AD are totally missing). you are your own reflection here.

(maybe even dare to go trueflame)

over and outa here.
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    Man I dont even care for this fight beween you and Luci, but as Im currently not in very good mood towards other factions:
    2nd i didn't want, was 6 of us nightcap ram only for lols

I must say I loved this part most for obvious reasons <3
    Edited by Tillalarrien on November 12, 2016 9:41AM
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    think i quit this forum thread. for 5 months its reds zerg ravi with pure lies and hypocrasy.
    over and outa here.

Got a new job in the White House, haven't you? :D
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    think i quit this forum thread. for 5 months its reds zerg ravi with pure lies and hypocrasy. kinda boring.

@valancer i had 3 emps.

1st i didn't want but was 8am and lasted 2 hours coz dc were so depop n we got it 1 hour before campaign closed.
    2nd i didn't want, was 6 of us nightcap ram only for lols lasted 20+ hours, again dc were lowest pop but was a strong char.
    3rd was 8pm on a friday night. i puglorded 2 raids, dc least pop again, lasted 2 hours coz i just wanted scroll n didn't care about hold.

i only got these emps because DC had no farmers and i had to help noobs as lead vs massive enemy guilds with max CP using ts3, was a fun challenge but shame you all ran away after CP removed to save embarassment.

life a get and please stop trolling me on forum you red noob ts3 guild zergalists (you may have noticed DC have no guilds or LFG leads and AD are totally missing). you are your own reflection here.

over and outa here.

I'm sorry, none of this is even remotely based in reality.

It was actually a DC BwB guild that first started trying to run AoE TS trains in BwB. You would know, you ran with them from time to time. That was before the orsinium update came and trains werent that effective yet (thankfully). So what are you even complaining about EP/AD "max CP" guilds rolling over your poor pugs?

Im just trying to understand whether youre just playing dumb for fun or are actually seriously this delusional.
    Edited by Valencer on November 12, 2016 1:23PM
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »

@valancer i had 3 emps.

over and outa here.

I'm sorry, none of this is even remotely based in reality.

It was actually a DC BwB guild that first started trying to run AoE TS trains in BwB. You would know, you ran with them from time to time. That was before the orsinium update came and trains werent that effective yet (thankfully). So what are you even complaining about EP/AD "max CP" guilds rolling over your poor pugs?

Im just trying to understand whether youre just playing dumb for fun or are actually seriously this delusional.

delusional. wait till he start crying about who killed that DC TS guild^^
  • ilander
    ilander
    ✭✭✭
    Primetime Saturday night:

reds: 2 bars = >20 players
    blues: 1bar = (i know they've got 7 or 8 logged in)
    yellows: who knows really.. they're normally blues and reds logging in to feed their horses on an alt...

More campaign death due to pointless domination... the blue emp @ the start of the campaign made sure the blues didn't do what the reds have basically done and flip the map their colour and now there are almost no blues logged in due to the fact that it is a waste of time trying to do anything against 3x the numbers... wtg Pact! .. doesn't seem to matter the time, the domination by either blues or reds is quite apparently killing the campaign even more than it already was.

Haven't seen more than 2 bars in any faction in ages now :/

Maybe its a bit premature but i'd like to congratulate the reds on turning BwB into a buff campaign which has only ever happened on NA before from what i read in the forums.
    Most Averagest Player EU PvP - More averager than you'll ever be.. GUARANTEED!

• Victimize
    Victimize
    ✭✭✭
    ilander wrote: »

yellows: who knows really.. they're normally blues and reds logging in to feed their horses on an alt...

More campaign death due to pointless domination... the blue emp @ the start of the campaign made sure the blues didn't do what the reds have basically done and flip the map their colour and now there are almost no blues logged in due to the fact that it is a waste of time trying to do anything against 3x the numbers... wtg Pact! .. doesn't seem to matter the time, the domination by either blues or reds is quite apparently killing the campaign even more than it already was.

Maybe its a bit premature but i'd like to congratulate the reds on turning BwB into a buff campaign which has only ever happened on NA before from what i read in the forums.

Totally true and btw, AD only has like 10 players :|
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, drastic shift of tone..
    got few reports (from our many many hellsing spies, Rav) about salty if not kinda insulting comments towards DO in other faction chats. Some from the names I know (you know who you are), some from complete strangers (that will never see this post - if you can convey them the message id be gratefull).

As im sure most of you know well Im trying to steer this ts guild with fair mentality, sticking to pretty strong principles about limiting groups at reasonable number, avoiding zerging down ppl intentionally, no nighcapping ect - therefore I am pretty disapointed and insulted by salty/ hateful comments ive seen lately, given the work I and many others put in to ensure DO will be a considered a worthy and respected opponent to you all.

We will continue playing as we are right now but i promise you im REALLY CLOSE to just letting my morals slip and fullfill every single one of those accusations to give you a taste of what it would really be like.

Solved by constructive discussion xD
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭

2 bars red 2 bars blue same saturday night. Just saying but yea havent played too much BwB myself either since it has been somewhat one sided.
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭

It pitty how campaign struglles to find once praised balance.. i must say i hate red dominated maps even more frustrating since there is nothing to do..

Congratulating reds here is ofc not really fair since its red dominating for a week, compared to all summer long dc domination, not to mention nighcap ful start of 1T..

But placing the blame is irrelavant, since everyone is contributing.. balance is hard to find, ppl are no longer playing the campaign consistently and AD disapeared from AvAvA for unknown reason.. 2 side war is much harder to rebalance itself and much more prone to huge shifts of alliance strenght :/
    Edited by Tillalarrien on November 12, 2016 10:15PM
  • Greifenherz
    Greifenherz
    ✭✭✭
    Heyhey. :3 Pretty new to PvP in general, tried BWB EU as AD tonight with two friends, we didn't stand a chance. AD players were hilariously unorganized and also uncooperative, and of the very few that decided to gather at least half then decided to stand on rocks and watch the rest of the group get slaughtered by reds. It was very weird.
    My group eventually switched to Haderus where brief fun was to be had with reds ganking the bridge at Alessia, we sure showed them!
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    I outa here but @Greifenherz its a total mess at the moment mainly because Aldemeri like to group together in 1 campaign since Thieves Guild but DC are pushing them too hard in Trueflame, EP are generally skyrim fankids that are totally hopeless so are just questing in the empty servers.

If you want serious PvP go to Trueflame but you will need ts3 and a guild. It's a shame Daedric Order think running ts3 guild zergs in Blackwater is still cool. The old AD zerg ts3 guilds gave themselves no reliance on smallscale or pug groups same as the EP zergalist guild, this is why Blackwater is such a mess.

At least DC did well for months on end vs mostly greater numbers with no guild after TG but a lot got bored and went to Trueflame/Azura.

*i refuse to respond to red goading on this forum now but will still remain active because the other 1 or 2 DC and AD need support vs the red noobalistical zerg here.
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah we are determined to ruin BwB :D DO is running 20 man TS zergs cause its cool zerging down those 8 dc players and 1 AD player. We are doing it all the time since we are unemployed kids showing off. So may it be day or night, when you log in, we will be there to ruin your play.

Most fun is ofc when we we destroy AD and DC morale complety cause they finally realize we are much better and there is no competition whasoever.. What I enjoy most is killing ppl who stand no chance and I laugh and teabagg their corpses for 15 minutes.
    Screw BwB balance, EP domination is what we need.. lately we finally managed to scare away those few brave DC preventing us our goal all summer and now its time: we threw in some nighcapped DO emps with golden gear and we finally have EP buff all reds always wanted but were unable to get!
    EP rules!
    Edited by Tillalarrien on November 13, 2016 10:33AM
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    Rav, saying you'r either joking but was misunderstood when ppl finally call uor ** or straight up marking all ep talk as baiting is not gonna lead you anywhere.. Cause what u typing right now just makes me reply you with post above, and i think we should be better then that if we want to solve anything.
    At one point we gonna need to stop and have serious fact based discussion if you really want ppl to start trying to improve this campaign.
    Im up for it, you?^^

Edit: Also, BwB duelers, tough i still stand behind what we talked about yesterday I am starting to imagine your unintentional influence in it was actually much smaller and I might have just found the main reason for random hate /w ive been getting :)
    Im now beyond point of caring.. so sorry for the outburst, I hope you get it.
    Edited by Tillalarrien on November 13, 2016 10:15AM
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EP buff campaign because of EP winning 2 campaigns in a row after months of DC dominance? Seriously, no.
    Imo with population being as low as it is atm, organisation matters more than ever.

Wasn't on during prime time last night but I can tell about the night before: DC being unable to retake Ales for hours was entirely their own fault. Typical siege looked like this: 2 players actually hitting the walls with trebuchets, 20 others headlessly running in circles in front of the wall, zerging anyone sticking his head out of the door. More than enough time for emp + every EP on the map to port there and wipe them before it was even tagged. Any decent group capable of placing 20/20 sieges (maybe with an accompanying tag at another keep) could've taken it easily, as EP weren't too organised either.

As for AD, they're really in a pityful state atm. Seems it's only a few veteran small-scalers who aren't much into sieging keeps, plus a bunch of utterly clueless and leaderless scrubs. A few days ago I watched a group of 4 AD trying to take Drakelowe farm: After they realized they were too weak to kill npcs, they started sieging the farm tower with trebuchets. It was painful to watch :D In short, AD desperately needs a pug leader or guild offering some basic pvp training.

That said, I'm glad to see more players create forum accounts and join our jolly little community ;)

• ilander
    ilander
    ✭✭✭
    The problem/difference between now and when blues were dominating the map all summer is that the populations were almost even all of the time between the reds and the blues.. i've only missed a couple of campaigns since the yellow vet guild nightcap fiascos at the start of the year and its only very recently that the numbers have become so unbalanced.

You're not wrong in what you're saying mind you, with the populations of both red and blue being repeatedly too overwhelming for the other faction at different times of the day (when red took the blue scrolls the other day, it was like midday and reds outnumbered blue 3 to 1 and this is at the weekend!! Also, blues deposed emp keeps last night with 5 inexperienced players because there was only 1 defender )

Also, we should be getting used to the new meta which is "headless chickening," ... 10 people at a keep, 2 sieging postern doors (not walls) with fire ballistas and the rest all running up and down doing nothing, basically trying to hope the walls down by looking in the general direction of the walls every once in a while. I've never seen so few blues sieging at keeps relative to the numbers actually present.. evidently they're all saving up for some new cheese or don't care about how their faction actually fares in the campaign. Sadly, not putting up siege when keeps are being attacked tends to mean the attackers WILL be wiped due to the fact that it is taking them about a month to get the inner walls down with 1 fire treb and some guy shooting empty space with a scattershot.

Talking of hilarity, the blues who deposed the emp during the night (i didn't take part) were like something out of a bad episode of Benny Hill crossed with a few educationally subnormal people... 5 of them standing around 1 fire treb at roebeck waiting patiently for the wall to come down. It then changed to 3 fire ballistas on the wall and someone put up a ram to take the door down so the 5 of them were split between fire ballista on a wall at 60% and a few on the ram with the door at 90%.. this is time these people will never get back.

In summary regarding the numbers, when people get crushed for too long, they run out of AP due to all of their failed sieges and that's what makes them log out and not come back and i'm feeling a lot of people in both red and blue are suffering from this problem as time goes on as well.
    Most Averagest Player EU PvP - More averager than you'll ever be.. GUARANTEED!

• Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    My best solution to this balance problem is organisation in every faction.. and that is something both AD and DC lacked for a quite a while. It wasnt noticable during summer for all 3 factions were filled with summer players but now its coming into play again.

This is perfect time for somone that knows what he is doing and is willing to put in effort to start guild for all regulars and teach and train them, group toghter all faction leaders and lead groups.
    Right now when you log in and see map full red you think: "ok ill go PvE, I wont bother with that". But if you have a dedicated AvAvA guild it becomes much easier to call in reinforcements.. Guild groups will improve as well, to the point where 8 of u will put up a 20/20 siege and suddenly sieging isnt frustrating anymore, even to the newcomers who get a nice example to follow.

Now im not saying DO or any other ep guild is main reason for red map or winning the campaigns, credit goes to increased numbers of our randoms present in the BwB at most hours of the day. Since we r mostly playing in evenings, with bigger groups only on weekends, we dont have as much of an inpact on map and scoring.
    But one thing organized guilds like that can provide to the faction is to initiate 1st significant push in more troubled times when map is full blue. After randoms see keeps fliping and fights happening they are more inclined to stay. Ofc that happens sooner or later on its own. But better organisation would give you power to make it happen ASAP, and that is what both AD and DC would badly need atm.

Instead we are sitting on red map for 2 days before somone finally decides to dethrone.
    Edited by Tillalarrien on November 13, 2016 4:35PM
  • KanyeWestTaylorSwift
    274cb133-b453-48ac-83bf-2edfa1d96641.gif
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    274cb133-b453-48ac-83bf-2edfa1d96641.gif

Insightful.