The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Improving On ESO S01E01) Player Housing,Guild Halls And PVP/PVE Options

• Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Player Housing Does Not Come To ESO I Will Die (Explain Below)
    Tandor wrote: »
    Oh I understand that those are the reasons people want guild housing, it's just a shame that it comes at such a high price in terms of its effect on the rest of the game. You want everything in one place, and that means everyone congregates in one place, to the detriment of the rest of the game world.

Mmm yeah that is a problem one i dont know how they could solve because both sides have good points to it.
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont Mind If it Does Or Not (Explain Below)
    Heromofo wrote: »
    PKMN12 wrote: »
    Shunravi wrote: »
    Victus wrote: »
    Where is the option for "I would like to see player housing, but not concerned when it will get here"?

Lol, that's part of the problem with these player created polls. Answer choices are often incomplete and most choices are biased to the way the creator leans.

Why care? Polls are pointless anyways.

Zos does take all feedback seriously bud id recommend its better to try than not to try at all. :)

no, they do not and if you ACTUALLY believe they would EVER listen to this kind of thread at all, i have a bridge in brooklyn to sell you.

I have NEVER understood these kinds of threads, they are a waste of time on hoping they might ACTUALLY implement it. guess what, there is not a SINGLE MMO that has EVER listened to these kinds of threads. If they want to add it, they will, if not, then it is never added.

No need to be mean mate i put alot of effort into this thread and i wish to share my idea with them. I personally believe they listen and look at threads like these with great admiration because of the effort we put in to help.

i am not trying to be mean, i am pointing out the truth, there is not a single MMO around where these theads are listened to, if they are even read by devs.

Whether you like it to not, all this "hard work" you put into those thread was a waste of time, because it will not happen unless ZOS wants it to, not because you an and bunch of others asked for it.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the option for "I would like to see player housing, but not concerned when it will get here"?

Lol, that's part of the problem with these player created polls. Answer choices are often incomplete and most choices are biased to the way the creator leans.

Zos does take all feedback seriously bud id recommend its better to try than not to try at all. :)

no, they do not and if you ACTUALLY believe they would EVER listen to this kind of thread at all, i have a bridge in brooklyn to sell you.

I have NEVER understood these kinds of threads, they are a waste of time on hoping they might ACTUALLY implement it. guess what, there is not a SINGLE MMO that has EVER listened to these kinds of threads. If they want to add it, they will, if not, then it is never added.

No need to be mean mate i put alot of effort into this thread and i wish to share my idea with them. I personally believe they listen and look at threads like these with great admiration because of the effort we put in to help.

i am not trying to be mean, i am pointing out the truth, there is not a single MMO around where these theads are listened to, if they are even read by devs.

Whether you like it to not, all this "hard work" you put into those thread was a waste of time, because it will not happen unless ZOS wants it to, not because you an and bunch of others asked for it.

I disagree i believe mmo's change due to feedback and it is a very big part of shaping the mmo world.
    If i am selling a product and its not doing well and i ask my customers why and they tell me because of * this feature*.
    So do i ignore the feedback and continue to make changes i want or do i find a way to use the feedback to better my product.

• Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭

If something has already been addressed or brought up before in the ZOS offices, then public opinion can tip the balance quite easily.

If the last year has shown us anything, it's that ZOS are willing to try many different things (with varying results) in an effort to be different (personally i'd prefer they iterate rather than innovate quite so heavily, but that's just me).

Whether the points in this thread resonate with how ZOS sees future content, who knows. But that's besides the point, because at least it's in plain sight.

• Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flynch wrote: »

If something has already been addressed or brought up before in the ZOS offices, then public opinion can tip the balance quite easily.

If the last year has shown us anything, it's that ZOS are willing to try many different things (with varying results) in an effort to be different (personally i'd prefer they iterate rather than innovate quite so heavily, but that's just me).

Whether the points in this thread resonate with how ZOS sees future content, who knows. But that's besides the point, because at least it's in plain sight.
    Thanks mate lol also good to see other people that understand the willingness of a company if it means they will profit.
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont Mind If it Does Or Not (Explain Below)
    Ok...there is no need to save ESO...

I was at the Lluvamir Dolmen yesterday, and at one point 20-something players ranging from levels 4-7, came.

There's plenty of interest in ESO.
    If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    arena25 wrote: »
    Ok...there is no need to save ESO...

I was at the Lluvamir Dolmen yesterday, and at one point 20-something players ranging from levels 4-7, came.

There's plenty of interest in ESO.

Lol i just got that hahahah
    KoT1ecT.jpg
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure to see part 2 as its all about (companions)
    I have made sure to set it up the way you guys and gals are use to.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    REQUESTING FEEDBACK AND ARTISTS

Im looking for pvp players and by this i mean you spend most of your time pvping.
    If your reading this i need feedback on the pvp section and it would mean alot to me before i make changes.

Im also looking for players who prefer to play solo over group to help me get some feedback on the pve part.

Also if anyone has the artistic talent i ask that you help me by doing you idea of different themed homes and how they would upgrade over 5 levels. This would mean alot to me and i cant wait to see the first version of an orc themes house.

Thank you guys for your continued support
    Your pal
    Heromofo
    Edited by Heromofo on May 3, 2015 8:33PM
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    just reading this makes me jmump on a hype train

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, basically you want ESO to become, Skyrim 2.0 that's also an MMO.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    So, basically you want ESO to become, Skyrim 2.0 that's also an MMO.

Not sure what you mean by this as i personally think with the pvp and pve options it brings a whole new thing to the mmo. :)
  • Menelaos
    Menelaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    I Must Have Player Housing I Needs Ma Own Space (Explain Below)
    To cut a long story short:
    Without personal and Guild Housing this game will become quite boring and unrewarding eventually. Getting personally involved in outfitting/upgrading a house or even a neighborhood is satisfying and rewarding, and adding many tweaks and trophies to it will make the game more colourful. Coupling specific achievements to earning a nice sofa or a unique garden tree goes a long way in a game that is so full of details and lore.
    ...und Gallileo dreht sich doch!
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Menelaos wrote: »
    Without personal and Guild Housing this game will become quite boring and unrewarding eventually. Getting personally involved in outfitting/upgrading a house or even a neighborhood is satisfying and rewarding, and adding many tweaks and trophies to it will make the game more colourful. Coupling specific achievements to earning a nice sofa or a unique garden tree goes a long way in a game that is so full of details and lore.

I agree.

My personal house in LOTRO has a Draigoch fireplace, we had a core group of us that would run Draigy every week to get other guys their scales for the cloaks. We had so many fireplaces almost everyone one of the group had on in the own house, as well as two in the Kinhouse.

I have a few item in my house from Bosses in Moria - Goblin Drawbridge etc.

They act as guide to my characters journey through the world.

ESO would only be enhanced by such additions IMO.

All The Best

Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking at the poll alot of people agree with your mate dont worry i dont plan to stop until this is in and i hope you do the same for the thread.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree.

My personal house in LOTRO has a Draigoch fireplace, we had a core group of us that would run Draigy every week to get other guys their scales for the cloaks. We had so many fireplaces almost everyone one of the group had on in the own house, as well as two in the Kinhouse.

I have a few item in my house from Bosses in Moria - Goblin Drawbridge etc.

They act as guide to my characters journey through the world.

ESO would only be enhanced by such additions IMO.

All The Best

I never got to play LOTRO but i heard the player housing has many mixed feelings.
    Any ideas from their housing that would work well in eso that i dont have on this thread?.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I never got to play LOTRO but i heard the player housing has many mixed feelings.
    Any ideas from their housing that would work well in eso that i dont have on this thread?.

Ok.

Most of the mixed feeling ppl have about LOTRO housing is that is has great potential but has never been realised.

I wrote some thoughts I had on LOTRO housing (when they were promising a Housing revamp (it didn't happen)) earlier in the thread: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1770260/#Comment_1770260

But most of those comments were about Guild (Kin in LOTRO) Houses.

The "hook system" they use has massive potential, but was never really as flexible as it needed to be.

Wildstar housing is really good, you can do almost anything, but it is solo-instanced and I don't really like that, I prefer the neighbourhood-instance of LOTRO.

I like most of the ideas you put forward, because they meet what is for me the most important criterion for Housing (Guild or Personal) - that it is relevant and not just cosmetic.

Sure have the ability to put loads of trophies, armour racks with past gear etc in there; but make the House "do something" for the player beyond extra storage.

Which was what I was trying to do with comments I made earlier in the thread.

How would I work them in ESO?

Well, off the top of my head, I'd have a Stable that could be added to the house that would allow a player to increase all three Horse traits simultaneously (for 750g), maybe have an extra level of Stable (Stable-Master ?) that allows Horse Traits to be transferred across all horses for the players.

If they want a massive potential revenue stream, have cosmetic items in the Store. For example if your Guild house is in a human neighbourhood then your default architectural and decorative style will be Human, but if you want an Elven themed Stable allow the players to buy that from the Store.

As long as things are not over-priced people will spend silly amounts of money on them, but if they are overpriced people tend to spend nothing at all.

All The Best
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gandrhulf_Harbard

What do you mean by neighbourhood-instance?

Also thanks heaps i will read that thread and see what i can use.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Gandrhulf_Harbard

OK in LOTRO housing is in neighbourhoods.

A collection of a few streets, associated with a major population centre, with 30 or so houses in a single neighbourhood.

The houses are split into three types 1) Small (just a single room with a few hooks), 2) Large (three rooms with more hooks) and 3) Kinhouses about 8 rooms in total.

Small and LArge house are player houses, a Kinhouse is for a Kin (Guild).

IIRC each neighbourhood has 6 Kinhouses, 12 Large houses and 18 Small houses.

So the Bree Neighbourhoods (Human style housing) are a few mins ride from Bree, and as you reach the instance portal you will be asked which neighbourhood you want to enter (there's about 20 neighbourhoods in all) .

Each neighbourhood also has a General Store that has basic provisioner, and a bank clerk.

Each instance of the Bree neighbourhoods is physically identical, same street names, same number of houses in same locations - but each Neighbourhood has a unique population.

As housing became less popular it became quite common for a Kin to try and move many of its members to the same Neighbourhood Instance as the Kinhouse.

Each player / kin has to pay weekly rent for their houses and if the rent is not paid the house get locked and then after a period of time all of the goods in the house get put in an escrow account and the house is made available to lease again.

I still login to LOTRO every three months or so and pay my house rent as far forward as I can. I think I am paid through to December 2015 currently.

All The Best
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gandrhulf_Harbard

OK in LOTRO housing is in neighbourhoods.

A collection of a few streets, associated with a major population centre, with 30 or so houses in a single neighbourhood.

The houses are split into three types 1) Small (just a single room with a few hooks), 2) Large (three rooms with more hooks) and 3) Kinhouses about 8 rooms in total.

Small and LArge house are player houses, a Kinhouse is for a Kin (Guild).

IIRC each neighbourhood has 6 Kinhouses, 12 Large houses and 18 Small houses.

So the Bree Neighbourhoods (Human style housing) are a few mins ride from Bree, and as you reach the instance portal you will be asked which neighbourhood you want to enter (there's about 20 neighbourhoods in all) .

Each neighbourhood also has a General Store that has basic provisioner, and a bank clerk.

Each instance of the Bree neighbourhoods is physically identical, same street names, same number of houses in same locations - but each Neighbourhood has a unique population.

As housing became less popular it became quite common for a Kin to try and move many of its members to the same Neighbourhood Instance as the Kinhouse.

Each player / kin has to pay weekly rent for their houses and if the rent is not paid the house get locked and then after a period of time all of the goods in the house get put in an escrow account and the house is made available to lease again.

I still login to LOTRO every three months or so and pay my house rent as far forward as I can. I think I am paid through to December 2015 currently.

All The Best

Wow what an interesting idea buuut i gotta say im more in for owning my property lol and not loosing my stuff. What do you think of my thread then?, especially the pvp part still cannot find pvpers willing to give me feedback lol.
    @Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Edited by Heromofo on May 4, 2015 6:43PM
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Heromofo I can't really comment on the PvP side of things, I don't PvP in MMORPGs

You don't lose your stuff, an Escrow account holds it until you claim it. The house is locked first and if you come back and want to re-open your house you can pay a fine for being late on the rent and its yours again.

IIRC its only after the rent has not been paid for 3 months that the house is put up for lease again.

All The Best
    Edited by Gandrhulf_Harbard on May 4, 2015 6:49PM
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Heromofo I can't really comment on the PvP side of things, I don't PvP in MMORPGs

You don't lose your stuff, an Escrow account holds it until you claim it. The house is locked first and if you come back and want to re-open your house you can pay a fine for being late on the rent and its yours again.

IIRC its only after the rent has not been paid for 3 months that the house is put up for lease again.

All The Best

Aaah right that does make more sense and thanks though i have been trying to find some full time pvpers on the forum for abit now lol.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i come from LOTRO and I'm CRAAVINNG for a house of my own.

Personal reason:
    1. trophy bank. my house is a place i want to put my trophy. for myself to admire, to remember, and to boast to others who can come visit. some raid boss in LOTRO can have rare trophy can require HUGE yard trophy spot in guild halls only, and these are freakin cool. right now? if i got a trophy, i right click on it, and poof. gone. a check mark in my book. that's it.
    2. personal escape space. i can decorate, do fishing right outside, enjoy music, a lot of other different things i can do when i don't feel like interacting with people, but love to be in the game.
    3. achievements. other than trophy, having ur own space can be tied to some quests/requirement, so having one itself can be a great social feature. like, u need at least 100 active members to purchase the highest tier of guild halls.
    4. housing and buildings can look damn cool in ESO. daedric style guild hall anyone? nuff said.

Now, i know there are concern with technical implementation, but its easily (yes, easy) but having separate instances for NEIGHBOURHOODs. like LOTRO. ZOS, go look it up.

Please make housing happens, :)@ZOS_GinaBruno
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    i come from LOTRO and I'm CRAAVINNG for a house of my own.

Personal reason:
    1. trophy bank. my house is a place i want to put my trophy. for myself to admire, to remember, and to boast to others who can come visit. some raid boss in LOTRO can have rare trophy can require HUGE yard trophy spot in guild halls only, and these are freakin cool. right now? if i got a trophy, i right click on it, and poof. gone. a check mark in my book. that's it.
    2. personal escape space. i can decorate, do fishing right outside, enjoy music, a lot of other different things i can do when i don't feel like interacting with people, but love to be in the game.
    3. achievements. other than trophy, having ur own space can be tied to some quests/requirement, so having one itself can be a great social feature. like, u need at least 100 active members to purchase the highest tier of guild halls.
    4. housing and buildings can look damn cool in ESO. daedric style guild hall anyone? nuff said.

Now, i know there are concern with technical implementation, but its easily (yes, easy) but having separate instances for NEIGHBOURHOODs. like LOTRO. ZOS, go look it up.

Please make housing happens, :)@ZOS_GinaBruno

I may not have played LOTRO but i have played warframe on the ps4 its a space ninja mmo thats just bloody unreal. But even there we had dojos and i would spend hours and hours making just one room lol.

And your points are my points as well lol
    Edited by Heromofo on May 4, 2015 7:02PM
  • darkspyro92_ESO
    darkspyro92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I do like the PvE idea, but to go further on the PvP idea, maybe add in an option to disable this function so you don't come back to a completely ransacked house with all of your stuff gone. Also that could be for players like me who don't like PvP.
    Argonians always and forever.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like the PvE idea, but to go further on the PvP idea, maybe add in an option to disable this function so you don't come back to a completely ransacked house with all of your stuff gone. Also that could be for players like me who don't like PvP.

Aah um yeah i should of clarified on that its a toggle you must choose to set it up.

Thanks bud
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just updated it bud i hope that helps. :)

@darkspyro92_ESO
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    @Heromofo
    Total support. I think this is a feature that plenty of players have already decided on.
    You've gone the extra mile and provided plenty of other features that could go with it.

Thanks bud garrett i really need feedback on the possible pvp side any chance your a pvper?.

I haven't tried PvP yet, but I may in the future.
    Both player housing and guild halls could work in a similar manner, though.

A set area in the home/ guild hall would have to be built for PvP.

This could be done either with an entire room or a simple ring.
    PvP would only be allowed by entering this specific area of the building.
    Players could offer wagers on who would win and the combatants could each put up gold an an item/ items.

A player home may, in concept, over up to 2v2 combat.
    A guild hall, as it would be bigger, could offer up to 12v12.

Other guilds could be invited to your guild hall to participate in PvP.

A guild hall could also include various resources that must be harvested to upgrade, providing experience in the relevant skill. These resources would be separate from those already in the game and go to a guild resource pool, rather than become actual items anybody could use.
  • djnapstyb14_ESO
    djnapstyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    i just want to hoard
    EP FOR LIFE
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Heromofo
    Total support. I think this is a feature that plenty of players have already decided on.
    You've gone the extra mile and provided plenty of other features that could go with it.

Thanks bud garrett i really need feedback on the possible pvp side any chance your a pvper?.

I haven't tried PvP yet, but I may in the future.
    Both player housing and guild halls could work in a similar manner, though.

A set area in the home/ guild hall would have to be built for PvP.

This could be done either with an entire room or a simple ring.
    PvP would only be allowed by entering this specific area of the building.
    Players could offer wagers on who would win and the combatants could each put up gold an an item/ items.

A player home may, in concept, over up to 2v2 combat.
    A guild hall, as it would be bigger, could offer up to 12v12.

Other guilds could be invited to your guild hall to participate in PvP.

A guild hall could also include various resources that must be harvested to upgrade, providing experience in the relevant skill. These resources would be separate from those already in the game and go to a guild resource pool, rather than become actual items anybody could use.

Yeah i tell ya im still hoping they also add dueling lol teach my mates a lesson or two in humiliation lol.