The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Improving On ESO S01E01) Player Housing,Guild Halls And PVP/PVE Options

• Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Player Housing Does Not Come To ESO I Will Die (Explain Below)
    Notice

Anyone with an artistic touch im looking for housing designs in a 5 tier system based on different racial styles.

From a kajiit style housing to an orc style housing to add to the thread.

Please PM me

Your forum lunatic
    Heromofo

PS thread has been updated

Edited by Heromofo on May 20, 2015 7:25AM
  • Xandryah
    Xandryah
    ✭✭✭
    I probably agree with 99% of all suggestions for improving any MMO.. When i see the reasons that Nay-sayers come with , it's so disencouraging and dispappointing... it feels like real life politics...this is just a game, that in our case must improve and needs reforms , to use a political term...

Housing, ofc YES; just look at swtor > it's a fun aspect of the game and lets you a bit to be creative (if you take your time to decorate, have the time to play and have the money to buy the stuff ofc) for others (who ask what the point is) it's just a waste of time ofc... if we all look for the point in stuff we do, then we should only work/eat/sleep/have sex until we get 65.

Probably there should be islands for each housing or special housings in the mountains; underwater would be a solution too (like Jar Jar Binks homes) > thus Underwater-playing would be cool too (for exploration rather only imo)

Thank you for your post, i hope you read this too.. thnanx :)

Xandryah
  • Xandryah
    Xandryah
    ✭✭✭
    Xandryah wrote: »
    I probably agree with 99% of all suggestions for improving any MMO.. When i see the reasons that Nay-sayers come with , it's so disencouraging and dispappointing... it feels like real life politics...this is just a game, that in our case must improve and needs reforms , to use a political term...

Housing, ofc YES; just look at swtor > it's a fun aspect of the game and lets you a bit to be creative (if you take your time to decorate, have the time to play and have the money to buy the stuff ofc) for others (who ask what the point is) it's just a waste of time ofc... if we all look for the point in stuff we do, then we should only work/eat/sleep/have sex until we get 65.

Probably there should be islands for each housing or special housings in the mountains; underwater would be a solution too (like Jar Jar Binks homes) > thus Underwater-playing would be cool too (for exploration rather only imo)

Xandryah

i won't die if housing does not come ; it's way too extreme! i picked the wrong answer... :)

• Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Xandryah

i won't die if housing does not come ; it's way too extreme! i picked the wrong answer... :)
    @Xandryah
    First really insightful mate and yes player housing should be almost standard now as both a fun aspect and repeatable content (if done right). Lol i just had to mark the extreme there just to see what people would pick also with any luck they consider even half of the ideas of Improving On ESO series. :D

Jar jar binks home style would be unreal as a hidden style home ( got a segment on underwater that would work for it). :D
    Edited by Heromofo on May 30, 2015 10:41AM
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xandryah

O also i read every single comment posted to any of the Improving On ESO series.
    Because if someone took the time to read the episode then i should definitely take the time to read their feedback and respond if possible.
    Edited by Heromofo on May 30, 2015 10:47AM
  • Xandryah
    Xandryah
    ✭✭✭
    Heromofo wrote: »
    @Xandryah

O also i read every single comment posted to any of the Improving On ESO series.
    Because if someone took the time to read the episode then i should definitely take the time to read their feedback and respond if possible.

Thank you for voting my poll about the music :)

i got barely 10 votes :-/

• Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xandryah

Thank you for voting my poll about the music :)

i got barely 10 votes :-/

Its because they disappear off the front page very quickly and most people only read the front page.
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Do Not Want This In ESO (Explain Below)
    player housing is a waste of development time/money.
  • xeoneexb14_ESO
    xeoneexb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I won't "die" so to speak, but I will be extremely peeved if housing isn't introduced to this partciular MMO. The crafting system is unique and intricate, he game Archage is far more intricate, but the thing is I feel it is necessary to have a personal place to call your own for crafting needs. Having your own crafting stations eliminates the mass clog of people cluttered around each station everywhere I seem to go. While I get you get a sort of "small time instanced" crafting focus when you activate the station, it just feels wrong seeing 20 ppl huddled around the blacksmith anvil. I know this game isn't skyrim, but going back to skyrim a moment I loved how you saw 1 person at their place of business and like you would see an anvil and a smelther and a heater for blacksmithes, and one person doing their craft. I'm not so much an RPer, but I still like the atmosphere it generates, and this is one ideal reason why having a solitude of sorts to craft puts a better feel on the game in terms of integration into the world.

Going even further, personalizing is important. It defines you within the game world. There really is no way to do that, as most people done the same looking gears. While it's not exactly the same and you CAN mix-match peices of armor, it just doesn't give that full feel of uniqueness when I walk around Tamriel. To customize a house MY way. I can put my own personal touch on Tamriel that I would love to show off to others if i so chose. OP I LOVE your points on why/how housing could be beneficial even the aesthetics are very well thought out. Trophies? Absolutely. Again going back to skyrim I love how you could craft special trophy heads of things you happened to kill in your adventures. I'd even go further to be able to add text to the trophies so people could know when/how you killed that certain boss. Even if it wasn't customizable it would still be worth it.

Now the ONE thing I don't think can work, is the pvp aspect. In theory it sounds great and amazing, but sadly in practice this doesn't seem feasible because of the fact pvp is instanced inside a giant zone. I will go back to something I talked about before in a different thread of mine from way back about how pvp SHOULD have been open-world, with exceptions to lower level zones to prevent greifing. DAoC did it right. Now if they were to expand their pvp system to more zones that happened to be big enough to seed housing, I could see this working. Though I don't know, I don't think I like the idea of player run quests and whatnot. I played Neverwinter for a time and it just got annoying seeing generic unoriginal and under developed player run modules. Don't get me wrong some where thought out and well developed, but the majority were just... bad. I for one am a player that prides himself on quality content and I can't stand half-assed content, be it custom player stuff or mainstream stuff from companies like Bethesda or ZOS.

All in all though, I think this is really thought out and I would love to see player housing with the majority of your suggestions in the game. Would I be more inclined to play ESO if there was player housing? Absolutely even though I "AM" burned out on the game horribly. WILL we see player housing in ESO? I doubt it. There are limitations due to the bugginess and glitchiness the game currently has that they aren't addressing in a timely manner, most likely due to development for console.
    John 3:16 = For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont Mind If it Does Or Not (Explain Below)
    I have nothing against housing and guild balls but they are certainly not first on the list for saving ESO. Again, I don't object to housing but it's hardly a top priority.

Content is first. Housing is artificial content.

There is no rush they have alot of promises to make good on first.
    Also i consider my idea in this instance a large dlc it would add something for all players of all walks.

I have no issues with housing being added. It's merely there are fixes to core game systems and meaningful content that needs to have a higher priority. Without meaningful content the more active players (hence lots of $$$) will leave the game. They already are.

The player atmosphere changes when the more active player population diminishes.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing against housing but it has to be implemented with the right reasons. Wildstar had a robust housing system but it didnt do anything but actually drove people away from being social. Time was spent on housing but players just didnt have enough incentive to go and raid or dungeon running because items could be traded and earned easily.

Hell wow had guild housing too but their subs dropped too ( there were other reasons but this was one of them). They had gatherers, companions that would gather mats and coin and one of the main reasons people grew disillusioned was that they didnt log in to play.. Menus.

We at eso are already having this problem of logging in, doing the same things and doing routine. Having more things to do at routine doesnt make it less routine.

However there could be something that might help. Create that 7th trait crafting station for either guild or player housing. Make it so that you can only choose one crafting station; be it woodworking, bs or clothing. This will help create that interconnectivity between the guilds since we all can join up to 5 guilds.

Create a wayshrine tied to the guildies, enbaling them to be able to use the map to travel back and forth from raids and dungeons and allowing other players not of their own guilds to use the wayshrine too. Make it so that guold housing includes repair stations that will add to the coffers of the guild.

Create guild arenas for PvP aspects. Start small on the duel mechanic, only same faction players can duel each other. Create leaderboards within the guild roster, allowing the gm to perhaps give incentives for duelists.

The way I see it, guild housing can be a tremendous asset for the social aspect of the game but it has to be done with the right intentions and implementations. Having a place to just store items, gold or trophies without any incentive for the social aspect does not do justice to the amount of work being done on the housing system.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Player housing and guild halls for the PS4 version would be kool, but not a deal breaker if they are not added.
    I'm offended that ur offended....

PC NA
    PSN NA
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just a small point here.Where will allll of those houses go? Will we wind up with houses dotting the scenery everywhere,cos there is a whole lot of us who want a house?
    PKMN12 wrote: »
    Daenerys wrote: »
    This game will never feel like a true Elder Scrolls game without player housing.

except morrowind did not have ANY player housing, not really, but it is considered to be the most beloved of the elder scrolls games........
    Actually,Morrowind has more mods for housing than any other game I've found.We were able to create mods for just about everything we could think of,and people are still modding it today. The problem here is that we CANT create anything in this new game. Not homes,not armor,weapons or anything,..sadly.Just some skill bars,and some combat changes,etc.Not much more.
  • Katsibrokos
    Katsibrokos
    ✭✭✭
    I Must Have Player Housing I Needs Ma Own Space (Explain Below)
    I want player Housing if its not instanced or at least if it comes as a part of Guild Housing.
    The best housing i have experienced in a mmo is WildStar's, but even that as its not a piece of a bigger Guild Housing plot it doesnt makes me much excited about it...
    On the other hand a well made Guild Housing will be superb :)
    Wood Elf Templar
  • Xitius
    Xitius
    Player housing adds so much to an MMO or any game for that matter, to have your own space to decorate or hang out in is just a special experience if its done right and there's so many ways to do it, I know a lot of people doubt it will happen but look at WoW after all these years finally player housing, even guild housing would be a great start and timefiller/timesink.
  • Veridiano02
    Veridiano02
    ✭✭
    Well, "I will die" is overreact a little XD.

But I really want player housing implemented. The art of this game is magnificent and adding a playerhouse will be a wise decision. And guild halls too. Both mixed, maybe, both guild halls with some player private rooms on it. Even you can put something like Guild Wars: Prophecies had. You know, an entire territory (a small one) and PvP minigame were another clan can siege your fortress, so PvPers will had finally the new content they're asking for. The gardens with tresaure chests are a nice idea too.

In any case, whatever Zenimax do, if they ever implement guild halls, please, please, please, don't put the "20 members minimum" like banks or cash shops. Plase, don't put that. Please.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, "I will die" is overreact a little XD.

But I really want player housing implemented. The art of this game is magnificent and adding a playerhouse will be a wise decision. And guild halls too. Both mixed, maybe, both guild halls with some player private rooms on it. Even you can put something like Guild Wars: Prophecies had. You know, an entire territory (a small one) and PvP minigame were another clan can siege your fortress, so PvPers will had finally the new content they're asking for. The gardens with tresaure chests are a nice idea too.

In any case, whatever Zenimax do, if they ever implement guild halls, please, please, please, don't put the "20 members minimum" like banks or cash shops. Plase, don't put that. Please.

Lol yeah the " I Will Die" bit was as a joke that i didn't think anyone would vote in lol buuut it seems people are very passionate about player housing lol.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xitius wrote: »
    Player housing adds so much to an MMO or any game for that matter, to have your own space to decorate or hang out in is just a special experience if its done right and there's so many ways to do it, I know a lot of people doubt it will happen but look at WoW after all these years finally player housing, even guild housing would be a great start and timefiller/timesink.

I believe that player housing is just as important to an mmo as it is to the series of Elder Scrolls. :)
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want a house. With seats people can actually sit down on.
    Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will die! 'Cause I just don't trust those Banks and all those Guilds are full of hooligans!

I need a mattress to hide my money in.
  • EtriusDragnox
    EtriusDragnox
    Soul Shriven
    Now imma say this to all of those who DO NOT WANT player housing. YOU DONT NEED TO USE IT! AT ALL! Sorry for caps, but I need to make this important, many people want this. Its can be a great feature, if ZOS does it correctly. Guild Halls too, something like the Fairy Tail guild, from the anime Fairy Tail. There is a bar, a quest board, (here you can pick up basic quests and go earn some fair gold, DAILY USE only though, as people could just easily farm gold this way.) Many tables to sit around at and chat/plan raids/pvp strategies. I would also like an area that has all the things in PVP like, towers and or 1 keep to destroy and repair for free. So people could teach others how to PVP effectively, (maybe spawn enemy NPC's to show them how to tower farm, or shadow bomb). Things like this to make others feel like they have a place to belong.
  • Kalfis
    Kalfis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now imma say this to all of those who DO NOT WANT player housing. YOU DONT NEED TO USE IT! AT ALL! Sorry for caps, but I need to make this important, many people want this. Its can be a great feature, if ZOS does it correctly. Guild Halls too, something like the Fairy Tail guild, from the anime Fairy Tail. There is a bar, a quest board, (here you can pick up basic quests and go earn some fair gold, DAILY USE only though, as people could just easily farm gold this way.) Many tables to sit around at and chat/plan raids/pvp strategies. I would also like an area that has all the things in PVP like, towers and or 1 keep to destroy and repair for free. So people could teach others how to PVP effectively, (maybe spawn enemy NPC's to show them how to tower farm, or shadow bomb). Things like this to make others feel like they have a place to belong.

But bro, all of those wasted resources could have been used to make another piece of grindy content.
  • bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so looking forward to personal housing in ESO.

Guild housing would also be awesome, make it happen ZOS.

Hopefully we will see it in 2016.
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well i have playerhouse in SWTOR and honest it is really big dispoint in that game why?

Simple answer it is just place where you can show off how much real money you are willing to spend ingame the are nothing usefull about the playerhouse in SWTOR just a real money sinker that is all it is.

But if ESO add playerhouse and made them usefull mean i really have use for like i can go there craft and gather resource but i need plant thing to get like cotton and thing like, plant tree and so on then it would be more fun for me and also you should have right decide where in world you want to have your house and also decide what type of architect style you want on house like if im Nord and want my house to look like Nord architect style and it should be quest so you can improve you house and not made craft item to house so overkill when come to get the mats to make.

What i try to tell if ZoS make playerhouse more usefull for player and not so much focus on sell thing in crown store but let player have chance on get thing in game more and sell so much in crown store like SWTOR have of lot of basic thing in there shop just so the earn can money if ZoS did more player friendly i all about playerhouse.
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity