The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Improving On ESO S01E01) Player Housing,Guild Halls And PVP/PVE Options

• Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Player Housing Does Not Come To ESO I Will Die (Explain Below)
    Mercutio wrote: »
    I think that is a fair opinion. To be clear, I'm not saying that my proposal should be the only way to obtain player housing. A CS purchase should be an option as well. I'm merely stating what would make it interesting to me.

Mmm maybe some options then
    Defend your house from a group of npcs quest line (bandits with a boss)
    Maybe repeatable in different ways that get harder and harder that comes with rewards for thr house.

Also maybe a pvp option that you can turn on or off to choose if you wish to have players come in to your housing area to try and steal from you. This could work by setting a chest in your house that you fill with x amount of gold and then turn on pvp while other peole can look at a list much like gta online style and say you put forth 10k in the chest then they can choose if they wish to take it upon themselfs to accept it (meaning they have to match the gold). If they do your alerted to a message if you accept your teleported to your housing if your not in combat. This starts a 1v1 pvp if they cannot take the chest from you meaning you killed them then that means you take the gold from them.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heromofo wrote: »
    Mercutio wrote: »
    I think that is a fair opinion. To be clear, I'm not saying that my proposal should be the only way to obtain player housing. A CS purchase should be an option as well. I'm merely stating what would make it interesting to me.

Mmm maybe some options then
    Defend your house from a group of npcs quest line (bandits with a boss)
    Maybe repeatable in different ways that get harder and harder that comes with rewards for thr house.

Also maybe a pvp option that you can turn on or off to choose if you wish to have players come in to your housing area to try and steal from you. This could work by setting a chest in your house that you fill with x amount of gold and then turn on pvp while other peole can look at a list much like gta online style and say you put forth 10k in the chest then they can choose if they wish to take it upon themselfs to accept it (meaning they have to match the gold). If they do your alerted to a message if you accept your teleported to your housing if your not in combat. This starts a 1v1 pvp if they cannot take the chest from you meaning you killed them then that means you take the gold from them.

I may have to make a new thread just for these two options.

Edit: updated the front page check out the proper idea.
    Edited by Heromofo on May 2, 2015 10:43AM
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please see the main page again as it has been updated alot and tell me what you think of these ideas?
    @ZOS_ALANG @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_GaryA etc
    Edited by Heromofo on May 2, 2015 10:37AM
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont Mind If it Does Or Not (Explain Below)
    I wouldn't mind housing. Both own and guild houses interest me. I am not so much thinking about furniture but fuctions and activities.
    - Own house or apartment should have extensible storage system. I have a growing problem of storing bound gear. I have several legendary gear sets which i don't want to deconstruct. For now i have them stored on mule. At the same time i am making new alts. Soon i run out of mule inventory and alts. I bought a second account for mules storing non-bound stuff, but stuff keeps piling up. Maybe mannequins and jewelry boxes are a solution?
    - Guild houses could have buff shrines, merchant, bank, test dummies, sparring area etc. All kinds of stuff that would begood for guild but would clutter cities. Test dummies are on top of my priority list, but i can't see them placed in Rawlkha, too many users.
    - Guild hall or village should be part of wayshrine network.

My previous MMO, DDO had guild ships, which were gathering points between dungeons. Rawlkha is popular because it functions the same way, but suffers now from overpopulation. Guild halls or villages could be such hubs and distribute people better.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind housing. Both own and guild houses interest me. I am not so much thinking about furniture but fuctions and activities.
    - Own house or apartment should have extensible storage system. I have a growing problem of storing bound gear. I have several legendary gear sets which i don't want to deconstruct. For now i have them stored on mule. At the same time i am making new alts. Soon i run out of mule inventory and alts. I bought a second account for mules storing non-bound stuff, but stuff keeps piling up. Maybe mannequins and jewelry boxes are a solution?
    - Guild houses could have buff shrines, merchant, bank, test dummies, sparring area etc. All kinds of stuff that would begood for guild but would clutter cities. Test dummies are on top of my priority list, but i can't see them placed in Rawlkha, too many users.

My previous MMO, DDO had guild ships, which were gathering points between dungeons. Rawlkha is popular because it functions the same way, but suffers now from overpopulation. Guild halls or villages could be such hubs and distribute people better.

You should never have to have two accounts just to store items that is so wrong.
    Yes id hope they extend the storage size alot.
    Also what do you think of the pvp and pve options then?.
    Edited by Heromofo on May 2, 2015 11:32AM
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Must Have Player Housing I Needs Ma Own Space (Explain Below)
    Player /guild housing is a MUST if no other reason than us RPers are getting tired of the trolls. It would make ZOS 'live easier as they wouldn't have to deal with so many reports about the so called adults who think that it is funny to interrupt RP. It /IS / a mmoRPG after all.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Player /guild housing is a MUST if no other reason than us RPers are getting tired of the trolls. It would make ZOS 'live easier as they wouldn't have to deal with so many reports about the so called adults who think that it is funny to interrupt RP. It /IS / a mmoRPG after all.

Yeah you guys should be able to rp if you wish also what did you think of the pve and pvp options from an rp players point of view.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont Mind If it Does Or Not (Explain Below)

You should never have to have two accounts just to store items that is so wrong.
    Aww, didn't think about PvP, silly me. I am doing PvE and crafting. Crafters never have enough storage, never ever never... and i didn't mention my third account, did i? I got them really cheap from g2a before esotu. A week after the prices were doubled.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Aww, didn't think about PvP, silly me. I am doing PvE and crafting. Crafters never have enough storage, never ever never... and i didn't mention my third account, did i? I got them really cheap from g2a before esotu. A week after the prices were doubled.

Well with any luck when player housing makes its way into eso they will let us build a vault once we hit fortress type housing.
    Because that is crazy lol really the banks should be unlimited seeing as all other elder scrolls do this lol.
    0Q0WP0e.jpg
    Edited by Heromofo on May 2, 2015 12:14PM
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the PVE part as it could be nice if it is togglable as there are times when you just can't be online. I rather PvP (which I engage on occasion) stay in Cyrodil.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the PVE part as it could be nice if it is togglable as there are times when you just can't be online. I rather PvP (which I engage on occasion) stay in Cyrodil.

The pvp idea is a toggle thing you are no way forced into it sorry if that did not come across right.
    It is an optional feature in part to the thieves guild dlc and housing dlc that you can choose to do just like the pve one. :)
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am well aware some people only want to see guild halls and not player housing.
    I am sorry for not having that option but i highly doubt it if they went down that path they would not include both.
    Also i gotta say i cant see them not doing instance versions as it is the only way it would work in ESO.
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm to become invested in Tamriel then I need to feel like a full citizen which requires my own customizable home to just kick back and chill. I loved building my houses in Skyrim even more than just buying one but I need to have hooks on the wall that will take whatever I want to hang on them, and chests that will hold anything I put inside, and floors that will let me throw down rugs, and fireplaces that don't have to be cooking stations. I'm picky, I know. Oh, and a cat bed for my kitty and a monkey hutch and a yard for my scuttler and a closet for my Dwemer thingie. I'll let the ice wraith just do its own thing outside somewhere.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • Madness1
    Madness1
    ✭✭✭
    Player Housing and Guild Halls are a massive game asset for me, I loved my home in previous games and when their in games they tend to have more longer lasting appeal for me. Instead of actually buying a house though maybe a house/area belonging to you tied to a Guild Hall (a bonus the entire guild must pay for via the whole guild currency), this area could have expanded space to store your items, have a resource/crafting area(s) for your character, and maybe a few ways to get a few buffs such as a sleeping/resting area.

Hell if this does not get implemented soon I may go back to ArchAge which actually has this, and has had it from the get go along with some cool questing and perks for the systems.
    What is the color of night?
    What is the color of the fox?
    Hail Sithis.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Madness1 wrote: »
    Player Housing and Guild Halls are a massive game asset for me, I loved my home in previous games and when their in games they tend to have more longer lasting appeal for me. Instead of actually buying a house though maybe a house/area belonging to you tied to a Guild Hall (a bonus the entire guild must pay for via the whole guild currency), this area could have expanded space to store your items, have a resource/crafting area(s) for your character, and maybe a few ways to get a few buffs such as a sleeping/resting area.

Hell if this does not get implemented soon I may go back to ArchAge which actually has this, and has had it from the get go along with some cool questing and perks for the systems.

I never tried ArchAge but it does look good though and yeah player housing will make or break the game for me eventually.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonscythe wrote: »
    If I'm to become invested in Tamriel then I need to feel like a full citizen which requires my own customizable home to just kick back and chill. I loved building my houses in Skyrim even more than just buying one but I need to have hooks on the wall that will take whatever I want to hang on them, and chests that will hold anything I put inside, and floors that will let me throw down rugs, and fireplaces that don't have to be cooking stations. I'm picky, I know. Oh, and a cat bed for my kitty and a monkey hutch and a yard for my scuttler and a closet for my Dwemer thingie. I'll let the ice wraith just do its own thing outside somewhere.

Lol you and me both hate to say this buuuut half my mods for skyrim were based around housing lol i didn't want to quest until every trophy and armor was 100 percent straight lol.
  • Astien
    Astien
    ✭✭✭✭
    Content is content. Something this game is severely lacking. Might as well just throw it in.

They said before launch, something along the lines of "If we do player housing we want it done right." Well, To that I say, everything they release is a buggy POS anyway. They should slap it together and fix it as time goes on. Of course we could all pay for it in the crown store helping to pay the salaries of the people involved in creating player housing.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PKMN12 wrote: »
    Daenerys wrote: »
    This game will never feel like a true Elder Scrolls game without player housing.

except morrowind did not have ANY player housing, not really, but it is considered to be the most beloved of the elder scrolls games........

in skyrim it was a dlc, in oblivion it was a dlc,
    in morrowind i remember housing being connected to the great houses, each house had its own building type for the player. best was the telvanni. The telvanni house grew over time, got bigger, love them shroom houses.

so morrowind did have housing
    Actually the vanilla versions of Skyrim and Oblivion, with no mods and no DLC, both had player owned housing. Both games also had DLC that added more player owned housing options, but you didn't need any DLC or mods to own (and upgrade) multiple homes in either game.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    This game will never feel like a true Elder Scrolls game without player housing.

except morrowind did not have ANY player housing, not really, but it is considered to be the most beloved of the elder scrolls games........

in morrowind i remember housing being connected to the great houses, each house had its own building type for the player. best was the telvanni. The telvanni house grew over time, got bigger, love them shroom houses.

Actually the vanilla versions of Skyrim and Oblivion, with no mods and no DLC, both had player owned housing. Both games also had DLC that added more player owned housing options, but you didn't need any DLC or mods to own (and upgrade) multiple homes in either game.

You are correct sir but nothing compared to the housing dlc of skyrim building your house from the ground up it was brillant.
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    has anyone here ever played RIFT. If not, try it, its free. the reason i mention this is because i want you to check out the housing system in that game. The things people creat are truly amazing, and with hundred upon thousands of housing items to place, including the lowly fork, to the magic lighting effects, to the almighty huge dragon skull, thIs is the kind of player housing i want to see in ESO. Perhaps we get a small pocket of oblivion for ourself. (fyi, i just really want a slice of the soul cairn for myself)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are correct sir but nothing compared to the housing dlc of skyrim building your house from the ground up it was brillant.
    That's why Hearthfire was my absolute favorite DLC for Skyrim... I mean Dawnguard wasn't bad, and Dragonborn was better than Dawnguard, but Hearthfire was the best.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    has anyone here ever played RIFT. If not, try it, its free. the reason i mention this is because i want you to check out the housing system in that game. The things people creat are truly amazing, and with hundred upon thousands of housing items to place, including the lowly fork, to the magic lighting effects, to the almighty huge dragon skull, thIs is the kind of player housing i want to see in ESO. Perhaps we get a small pocket of oblivion for ourself. (fyi, i just really want a slice of the soul cairn for myself)

Wait a tick i heard of rift that is insane was it in from the start. Because lol now its becoming even worse for eso about housing because if i remember right rift went from sub to b2p to f2p?.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's why Hearthfire was my absolute favorite DLC for Skyrim... I mean Dawnguard wasn't bad, and Dragonborn was better than Dawnguard, but Hearthfire was the best.

Yup its kinda what i want here but seriously how many hours do you invest in yours? Lol out of 800 or so hours most was spent on houses.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup its kinda what i want here but seriously how many hours do you invest in yours? Lol out of 800 or so hours most was spent on houses.
    Well, between doing the quests to allow me to get the houses, deciding what upgrades I wanted for the houses, collecting what I needed to build the Hearthfire houses, deciding what to put on the different armour mannequins and such, planting my gardens, etc. Yeah, I spent a lot of time on my houses in Skyrim.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, between doing the quests to allow me to get the houses, deciding what upgrades I wanted for the houses, collecting what I needed to build the Hearthfire houses, deciding what to put on the different armour mannequins and such, planting my gardens, etc. Yeah, I spent a lot of time on my houses in Skyrim.

Im looking foward to doing that again here its why im pushing so hard. God imagine crafting one of each armor and placing them in a row. God i think im addicted to this and probably why i love fallout so much as well. Also mate have you seen my possible quest line to the eso housing quest it is on the front page now make sure to check it out. :)
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astien wrote: »
    Content is content. Something this game is severely lacking. Might as well just throw it in.

They said before launch, something along the lines of "If we do player housing we want it done right." Well, To that I say, everything they release is a buggy POS anyway. They should slap it together and fix it as time goes on. Of course we could all pay for it in the crown store helping to pay the salaries of the people involved in creating player housing.

Sorry did not see this post lol i was not ignoring it.
    I dont mind waiting as long as its not half done lol it will make or break the game for me.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double post
    Edited by Heromofo on May 2, 2015 7:39PM
  • darkspyro92_ESO
    darkspyro92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Give me all of this, and I will be pleased. Zeni, I will worship and sacrifice Altmeri Dominion and Daggerfall Covenant swine for housing.
    Argonians always and forever.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give me all of this, and I will be pleased. Zeni, I will worship and sacrifice Altmeri Dominion and Daggerfall Covenant swine for housing.

Lol i will take that as you like the post?

Aaah don't worry between your thread and mine we are starting to gain massive support.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't actually die if the don't implement player housing but it would be, probably the single greatest end game time sink that I would enjoy. I would however be very disappointed if they did add player housing and it didn't have significant customization options, expansions, related quests and a good deal of time that could be devoted to turning your house into a masterpiece.

I'm not sure what the best method of implementing housing would be. Maybe as a reward for completing Cadwells Gold, get a house on a secluded Island or remote area only accessible via way shrine, boat, portal or npc. The area could be instanced, that way players could have their own unique house. Players could customize it inside and outside, add things to your property like a stable, a garden, fishing pond, ect'. Nothing too convenient, to where you wouldn't have the need to go to the main towns but enough convenience to give you a real reason to visit the house.

As cool as it would be to be able to have your own house in a main city or in any of the main zones, it would limit customization options to the interior of your house. It would most likely require heavy instancing or else you'd have a ton of players poring in and out of the same doors, which would slightly ruin immersion.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade