The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Improving On ESO S01E01) Player Housing,Guild Halls And PVP/PVE Options

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont Mind If it Does Or Not (Explain Below)
    I'm going to say this...and it's gonna blow some people's minds but hear me out.

Housing for the most part brings out some cool personal things.
    Usually it brings smaller groups and larger groups together.

Here is my mind blowing statement.
    Based on how the game works today...unless something drastically changes...Inthink that housing should "only" be available to guilds with "50" members and at a price of 100,000 - 999,999 gold

I'm thinking of a massive gathering place like a small keep in Cyrodil.
    It should really be the end all place to hang out BuT when and if you limit it to medium and large guilds with a respectful ingame price, it should also bring people around so that there is a market place within each faction.

Imaging instead of going to XYZ city, going to guild central housing (no idea what to call this) so that there is a reason to have a house.

Right now guild spend that money on the guild store reps which is a waste in the grand scheme of things because it cuts so many out of the market. You have 450,000 unique guilds for trade vs. a few strong supported guilds that complete the value proposition of joint a guild (for traders)

Ppl complain about trading and wanting an ah.
    Well do the housing in line with the guilds and establish large areas with 10 crafting stations per crafting skill and literally build in a podium for a player to stand and list items for trade(auction)

In that same space have guild store reps vs in the world, place them here.
    It just seems like a way to solve 3-4 issues all at once

EDIT: this zone would also have lfg homes/huts or whatever them on the edge with obviously a unique portal stone that sends players to the instance.

People kinda use zone chat and also the grouping tools but how much better is it to be in the housing zone and be able to trade, use guild ah's not just your guild, bank, craft and on down to a side gather at lfg huts and homes or buildings.

For those who don't like rain...they could have BS trade hut, Cloth trade hut, weapon trade hut

Edit 2: for the PvP crowd this zone would hold a monthly PvP event
    -1v1, 2v2 and 4v4 battles on foot with a single elimination open to inner and external faction entries
    -there would also be a small scale RvRvR weekend battle a lot smaller than Cyrodil. This battle would last a max of 1 hour and as short as 20 minutes using siege and on foot combat for a trophy, gold and ingame items that fit into ZOS's season gear

Edit 3:
    People have asked for a way to preview armor before using them. This zone could have a new technology that introduces dressing rooms as (mirrors seemingly were not invented yet)

Edit 4:
    The guild fortress can be small and later upgraded and the crafting stations exist based on members in the guild's crafting levels so you'd get the basic crafting stations but as members of the guild find and research all slots it adds set gear options to the stations that exist

The goal IF your going to add housing is for it to solve all social and lfg, trade problems
    If you gonna do it, ADD unbelievable VALUE.

Value add or bust

That's my two cents and I think this will address a bunch of lack in the game today
    It's a big overhaul but...what do you think?
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 2, 2015 9:33PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Player Housing Does Not Come To ESO I Will Die (Explain Below)
    I'm going to say this...and it's gonna blow some people's minds but hear me out.

Based on how the game works today...unless something drastically changes...Inthink that housing should "only" be available to guilds with "50" members and at a price of 100,000 - 999,999 gold

It should really be the end all place to hang out BuT when and if you limit it to medium and large guilds with a respectful ingame price, it should also bring people around so that there is a market place within each faction.

Imaging instead of going to XYZ city, going to guild central housing (no idea what to call this) so that there is a reason to have a house.

Right now guild spend that money on the guild store reps which is a waste in the grand scheme of things because it cuts so many out of the market. You have 450,000 unique guilds for trade vs. a few strong supported guilds that complete the value proposition of joint a guild (for traders)

Well do the housing in line with the guilds and establish large areas with 10 crafting stations per crafting skill and literally build in a podium for a player to stand and list items for trade(auction)

That's my two cents
    Would the fortress be instanced or would it be like bid on it for say 2 weeks for x amount of money?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heromofo wrote: »

That's my two cents
    Would the fortress be instanced or would it be like bid on it for say 2 weeks for x amount of money?

It would be permanent and if the guild disbands it goes up for sale at XYZ value.
    (I'm editing my comment to add in the lfg gathering spots )
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's my two cents

It would be permanent and if the guild disbands it goes up for sale at XYZ value.
    (I'm editing my comment to add in the lfg gathering spots )

Ok this back and forth is messing with me lol.
    Hey not sure if you remember but i swear back in the alpha days they said something about
    Guilds capturing keeps and using them as guild bases. But it does not work that way atm i wonder if they could add your idea in a way in with a housing dlc. Because that would be great for cryo if they can fix the lag first.
    Edited by Heromofo on May 2, 2015 9:08PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out the last few updates. I'm about to dissapear but that's what I've always questioned when companies make MMO games. Housing/so to speak can solve a lot of issues and open up more options and work arounds.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I Must Have Player Housing I Needs Ma Own Space (Explain Below)

Oh yes, why not gate another feature (considered as standard for solo players in almost every other MMO on the market) behind guild membership.

That'll incentivise solo players (who have no other end-game time sink) to continue playing.

NOT!

Silliest idea I have ever seen mooted for an MMO.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Adramelach
    Adramelach
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind both... as long as it doesn't hold up bringing additional other content to the game. I think guild and player housing are two entirely different things, and the one should not be confused with, nor replace the other.

I also agree that at least for me, unless the house actually delivered some kind of "mechanics" value - i.e. inventory management, crafting conveniences, or whatever - I doubt I'd bother with it. I don't really need a virtual "box" to decorate just for the heck of it.

As for guild housing... well... sure... Primarily I personally use guilds for Trade, and while I love my trade guilds, I'm not sure I really want to "live" with the other 499 members... so I guess that I would approach with a great deal of skepticism, but perhaps might be pleasantly surprised.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really need some pvp players to give me feedback on the pvp section on page 1.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adramelach wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind both... as long as it doesn't hold up bringing additional other content to the game. I think guild and player housing are two entirely different things, and the one should not be confused with, nor replace the other.

I also agree that at least for me, unless the house actually delivered some kind of "mechanics" value - i.e. inventory management, crafting conveniences, or whatever - I doubt I'd bother with it. I don't really need a virtual "box" to decorate just for the heck of it.

As for guild housing... well... sure... Primarily I personally use guilds for Trade, and while I love my trade guilds, I'm not sure I really want to "live" with the other 499 members... so I guess that I would approach with a great deal of skepticism, but perhaps might be pleasantly surprised.

Well i figured that the guild hall would be expensive for the guilds also i wouldn't use guild halls. If it was not for ZOS forcing me into trading guilds i would just stay solo. But i believe that player housing would help this game immensely.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ANYONE VOTING NO

can you guys please state your reasons just because for it to be fair decision we need both sides.

• c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    @Heromofo
    Total support. I think this is a feature that plenty of players have already decided on.
    You've gone the extra mile and provided plenty of other features that could go with it.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Heromofo
    Total support. I think this is a feature that plenty of players have already decided on.
    You've gone the extra mile and provided plenty of other features that could go with it.

Thanks bud garrett i really need feedback on the possible pvp side any chance your a pvper?.
  • FreedomDude
    FreedomDude
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really not that bothered if it comes or not and I definitely doubt it would be as grand as people want it to be. If we do get player housing it will probably be a similar system to the previous TES games.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think when housing does make it to the game it will be in a nice dlc with lots of goodies and quality of life improvements, I might be dreaming but who knows, if they never put in housing, oh well /shrug
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too much else to fix before they "begin discussing" it.
    Edited by jelliedsoup on May 3, 2015 12:34AM
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh yes, why not gate another feature (considered as standard for solo players in almost every other MMO on the market) behind guild membership.

That'll incentivise solo players (who have no other end-game time sink) to continue playing.

NOT!

All The Best

AOC had guild housing when it released, hardly anyone used it and this MMO was made for large groups and still is. Already in the first zone you have tons of group quests and those really require a group!

If housing then it must first come for everyone, later in the process they can add another solution for guilds if they so desire.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too much else to fix before they "begin discussing" it.
    Well here is hoping we get housing by 2016
  • Skullemainia
    Skullemainia
    ✭✭✭
    I really do want to see player housing in the future, but to me it isn't that important. I really want to see other things first, like spellcrafting for instance.
    I'm waiting for the thieves guild and dark brotherhood since release of eso because they said at release that it would come.
    what I really would like is housing for guilds, that would be cool. a place where I can hang out with my guildmates and maybe play mini games, a Khajiit marble game maybe ;)
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really do want to see player housing in the future, but to me it isn't that important. I really want to see other things first, like spellcrafting for instance.
    I'm waiting for the thieves guild and dark brotherhood since release of eso because they said at release that it would come.
    what I really would like is housing for guilds, that would be cool. a place where I can hang out with my guildmates and maybe play mini games, a Khajiit marble game maybe ;)

Yeah i added a bit for mini games as that would be fun i love mini games.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »

NOT!

All The Best

AOC had guild housing when it released, hardly anyone used it and this MMO was made for large groups and still is. Already in the first zone you have tons of group quests and those really require a group!

If housing then it must first come for everyone, later in the process they can add another solution for guilds if they so desire.

Age Of Conan had bigger problems to worry about seeing as they had no choice but to release the game over two hears early. But it had so much promise also though i cant see elder scrolls games without player housing atleast. Guild halls on the other hand are something that eso really needs in my opinion.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

NOT!

All The Best

Age Of Conan had bigger problems to worry about seeing as they had no choice but to release the game over two hears early. But it had so much promise also though i cant see elder scrolls games without player housing atleast. Guild halls on the other hand are something that eso really needs in my opinion.

The thing with guild halls is, it will only serve a few players, like the current trading system does. I fully understand that guild leaders want more tools to play with, I was one too in the past. ;) However, I really think we must find a way first to give content to everyone and not just a few.

Its the same with the "problem" Craglorn was / is. It serves some players, but not all. ESO lacks mostly content for all right now, its way to selective in my opinion, so that a lot of players get nothing while some a lot.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NOT!

All The Best

The thing with guild halls is, it will only serve a few players, like the current trading system does. I fully understand that guild leaders want more tools to play with, I was one too in the past. ;) However, I really think we must find a way first to give content to everyone and not just a few.

Its the same with the "problem" Craglorn was / is. It serves some players, but not all. ESO lacks mostly content for all right now, its way to selective in my opinion, so that a lot of players get nothing while some a lot.

Mm yeah that it was so what would you suggest?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NOT!

All The Best

Everyone can't have everything.
    If you don't support the game design then the game doesn't work this why you see all the silly posts but I believe if you read the entire comment it addresses everything
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus everyone deserves their own opinion and i like @NewBlacksmurf idea plus we dont know what idea will be best for zos.
    Edited by Heromofo on May 3, 2015 1:08PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote for player housing but against guild halls.

Player housing provides clear benefits to players, and provides another aspect to playing the game.

The problem with guild halls is that everyone congregates in them because of the extra facilities like crafting stations etc, and the open world cities then become deserted. Check out Qeynos and Freeport in EQ2, for example, and compare them to any of the cities in ESO where the banks and crafting stations are massively populated, which gives a great impression to new players and adds to the overall atmosphere of the game. The moment you open guild halls the cities will become ghost towns, places people only go to fleetingly for the justice system which won't survive long in empty cities. New players will arrive in a deserted starter city and wonder if anyone else is playing the game - not the sort of first impression you want.

The fact that people belong to up to 5 guilds in this game is also a factor against guild halls, as even they will be less populated than usual, players being spread too thin. Even more disastrous would be if there were trading kiosks in the guild halls as it would make trading even more dependent on guild membership with outdoor kiosks of less interest to guilds.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Player housing provides clear benefits to players, and provides another aspect to playing the game.

The problem with guild halls is that everyone congregates in them because of the extra facilities like crafting stations etc, and the open world cities then become deserted. Check out Qeynos and Freeport in EQ2, for example, and compare them to any of the cities in ESO where the banks and crafting stations are massively populated, which gives a great impression to new players and adds to the overall atmosphere of the game. The moment you open guild halls the cities will become ghost towns, places people only go to fleetingly for the justice system which won't survive long in empty cities. New players will arrive in a deserted starter city and wonder if anyone else is playing the game - not the sort of first impression you want.

The fact that people belong to up to 5 guilds in this game is also a factor against guild halls, as even they will be less populated than usual, players being spread too thin. Even more disastrous would be if there were trading kiosks in the guild halls as it would make trading even more dependent on guild membership with outdoor kiosks of less interest to guilds.

I see your points.
    These points are also why some of us want guild housing too
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

I see your points.
    These points are also why some of us want guild housing too

Gotta agree with smurf these points are why i want guild housing
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »
    Victus wrote: »
    Where is the option for "I would like to see player housing, but not concerned when it will get here"?

Lol, that's part of the problem with these player created polls. Answer choices are often incomplete and most choices are biased to the way the creator leans.

Why care? Polls are pointless anyways.

Zos does take all feedback seriously bud id recommend its better to try than not to try at all. :)

no, they do not and if you ACTUALLY believe they would EVER listen to this kind of thread at all, i have a bridge in brooklyn to sell you.

I have NEVER understood these kinds of threads, they are a waste of time on hoping they might ACTUALLY implement it. guess what, there is not a SINGLE MMO that has EVER listened to these kinds of threads. If they want to add it, they will, if not, then it is never added.
    Edited by PKMN12 on May 3, 2015 1:38PM
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PKMN12 wrote: »
    Shunravi wrote: »
    Victus wrote: »
    Where is the option for "I would like to see player housing, but not concerned when it will get here"?

Lol, that's part of the problem with these player created polls. Answer choices are often incomplete and most choices are biased to the way the creator leans.

Why care? Polls are pointless anyways.

Zos does take all feedback seriously bud id recommend its better to try than not to try at all. :)

no, they do not and if you ACTUALLY believe they would EVER listen to this kind of thread at all, i have a bridge in brooklyn to sell you.

I have NEVER understood these kinds of threads, they are a waste of time on hoping they might ACTUALLY implement it. guess what, there is not a SINGLE MMO that has EVER listened to these kinds of threads. If they want to add it, they will, if not, then it is never added.

No need to be mean mate i put alot of effort into this thread and i wish to share my idea with them. I personally believe they listen and look at threads like these with great admiration because of the effort we put in to help.
    Edited by Heromofo on May 3, 2015 1:40PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I understand that those are the reasons people want guild housing, it's just a shame that it comes at such a high price in terms of its effect on the rest of the game. You want everything in one place, and that means everyone congregates in one place, to the detriment of the rest of the game world.