Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

We would like more feminine armors

• IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife asked me to write to you.

Right........where is that lol up vote. I for one hope the armor in this game never goes that ridiculous route like those Korean MMOs.

http://youtu.be/OTGh0EMmMC8

Best ... video ... ever ...
    tallenn wrote: »
    simple, people will pay money for those costumes. Hence, not a waste of resources. "Waste" infers no return on investment. Clearly, that would not be the case.[

Upon reading this, I think it's a great idea. Zeni should make some more revealing armors ... real iron underwear.

Then put them on the Crown Store and sell them for 5200 crowns or by direct purchase for $24.99 ... for each piece.

Based on this thread, they would make a fortune!

Edited by IrishGirlGamer on April 9, 2015 6:41PM
    Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dark Seducer is still naughty, if you're that way inclined...

Golden Saint might be too, can't remember to be honest but I thought it was more corset than armour.

As for historical accuracy/realism, Picts, Celts, Britons, Greek Hoplites, Berserkers... all had a penchant for at least partial nudity.

And Boudicca's statue outside the Houses of Parliament shows one of the fiercest female warriors in quite a skimpy costume...
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Golden Saint might be too, can't remember to be honest but I thought it was more corset than armour.

As for historical accuracy/realism, Picts, Celts, Britons, Greek Hoplites, Berserkers... all had a penchant for at least partial nudity.

And Boudicca's statue outside the Houses of Parliament shows one of the fiercest female warriors in quite a skimpy costume...

You mean ... this?

Boudicca_Statue.png

Isn't she fully clothed? No, no, no ... that isn't revealing. This is revealing:

Edit: Imagine an image here of Michellangeo's David ... just don't want to get banned from the forums for posting nudity ...

Edited by IrishGirlGamer on April 9, 2015 6:58PM
    Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lettigall wrote: »
    You want to show off your character's boobs? Don't wear upper body armor!!! You will get two birds with one shot- your char will look slutty and you will get realism!

would that be ok to u? so what's the difference from having sluty costumes?

Game allows you to show off your characters boobs and ass but you have to sacrifice your armor rating. And if you care so much about look then lower armor rating and 1 less set armor peace shouldn't be obstacle for you. Why waste resources on making *** costumes when players already can dress like ***?

simple, people will pay money for those costumes. Hence, not a waste of resources. "Waste" infers no return on investment. Clearly, that would not be the case.

Waste as: Still no unique alliance armor, no glass armor. And Dark brotherhood, Morag tong, Thieves guild need their armor too.
    I prefer this over slutty armor!
    nQeXWVa.jpg
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You mean ... this?

Boudicca_Statue.png

Yes. It's quite cold in the UK ;)

And chariots! I want chariots :)
  • blackevil86
    blackevil86
    ✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    Throren wrote: »
    Yes it is fiction but you still have to apply realism to it. Look at Dragon age, it's fantasy (elves, dwarves, demons, dragons magic, the whole shabang) and they do armour pretty legit and even reference to "boob plate" and how stupid it is (even in their fantasy setting) with the quote posted earlier between iron Bull and Cassandra.

If we just go - "Well it's fiction/fantasy, you can't app;y realism" Where do you draw the line? I want my character to jump as high as a mountain! Gravity? Pft stop trying to apply realism into my fantasy!

there is no physics in ESO therefore there is no gravity. Its just a constant check for ground collision and in case there is none, the "body" will be moved down until collision is reached. Where is the realism in that? It is fictionally represented to emulate reality, but no physical laws apply. Basically its just like PACMAN with z-axis. And now try to say there is realism in PACMAN...

Actually when you jump it is based on physics built into the engine.

Actually the engine needs to include a physics engine to apply actual force like gravity to the physical object. ESO does not include such a feature so it all moves by relocating the object on xyz. U can use math functions to "emulate" the jump and fall speeds and other movements so they look like driven by physics. But they are not. Try jumping with a horse down the stairs and turning mid air and you will understand what i'm talking about.

http://wiki.heroengine.com/wiki/Physics_Server

http://www.heroengine.com/herocloud/tech-features/
    HeroEngine has all the tools you would expect from a modern game engine – world building and scripting, 3D rendering, physics, and so much more! For an in-depth look at all the tech features in HeroEngine, read more here. Source code licenses are also available upon request.

the engine might include physics, like all others, but the game clearly does not. What you stated is just a feature of an engine that might or might not be implemented in a specific game.
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean ... this?

Boudicca_Statue.png

Yes. It's quite cold in the UK ;)

And chariots! I want chariots :)

LOL! That's awesome. I've been to London and you're right! It's, um, quite cold ... particularly in a t-shirt and going through customs. The officer checking my passport was all eyes ... if you get my meaning.

And yes, chariots rock!

Valar Morghulis.

• milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just killed a wolf that was carrying a stamina potion and a birch bow of flame.

I don't think boob windows are that big a deal.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    htoncic wrote: »
    If they go around dressed like xena then they should have their armour value cut down to 1/4 to reflect their choice of armour.

We already did... it's called Light Armor.

You never watched xena did you.

She wore medium armour that consisted of a leather bra and skirt. It had 0 value as armour.

But she never got hit. That counts as a ton of armor.

This is true but unfortunately us players can't play in God mode.

If I dress like Conan I expect to have little to no armour value and have less bonus stats. Just sayin

Fun trivia: In the actual Robert E. Howard stuff, Conan wore armor most of the time.
  • Eliteseraph
    Eliteseraph
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget these guys. They're clearly wearing armor, just with the 'Show body Armor" and 'Show Leg Armor' option checked off. xD

1724644-300_wallpaper_q.jpg
    "What a sad world we live in, where politeness is mistaken for weakness." - Usagi Yojimbo
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget these guys. They're clearly wearing armor, just with the 'Show body Armor" and 'Show Leg Armor' option checked off. xD

Um ... didn't they die? All of them?

Valar Morghulis.

• liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Spartans wore armour like this in reality

spartan-weapons.jpg
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So you mean female armor like this
    armor_small_by_chaosringen-d73llq1.jpg

Or female armor like this
    18j116ovm16n5jpg.jpg

Yes I know option 2 is little "graphic" but this game is rated M for a reason.
  • Eliteseraph
    Eliteseraph
    ✭✭✭

spartan-weapons.jpg

Yes, I know. Sorry, I thought the sarcasm/humor was obvious. I should have been more clear that I was making a joke.

Edited by Eliteseraph on April 9, 2015 7:45PM
    "What a sad world we live in, where politeness is mistaken for weakness." - Usagi Yojimbo
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭

18j116ovm16n5jpg.jpg

Because there's nothing between extremes, am I right?
  • stabbykitteh
    stabbykitteh
    ✭✭✭✭
    As women in general, love to dress up. They like the beautiful feminine clothes.

Women are not a homogenous group, just like men. I think the current armor is fine.
    Edited by stabbykitteh on April 9, 2015 9:19PM
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

spartan-weapons.jpg

Yes, I know. Sorry, I thought the sarcasm/humor was obvious. I should have been more clear that I was making a joke.

Sorry you never know on her, some one would use that as a valid point.

18j116ovm16n5jpg.jpg

Because there's nothing between extremes, am I right?

We the top one isn't an extreme that's plate armour doing its job. Remove any of it and it's not doing its job any more. I think your failing to grasp the basic reason for wearing armour
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want the joice. "Normal" armor looks nice too. I dont Need Two rusty cannons.

Normal shoulders/ Helmet would be nice. (Imperial)
    I also perfer a light armor head
    3ca20c6d0.jpg
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    In case that was unclear, my point was that an outfit doesn't have to be a plate mail thong bikini to be "sexier" or "more feminine". There are degrees, after all.
  • Eliteseraph
    Eliteseraph
    ✭✭✭
    Degrees.......

Sister.Of.Battle.full.1102057.jpg

vs

warhammer-40000--art-.jpeg

Two totally different styles for the same thing. The first is going to appeal to some, others are going to prefer the second.

I think we can all agree that different people like different things. The game can't really cater to ALL of them, that's why games like TERA appear to a different crowd than ESO. But as has been said many times before: I think costume options is the answer here. If people want to look pretty, give them options to do so. It's not going to hurt anyone, and it'll probably make Zenimax a lot of money.

• Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throren wrote: »
    Yes it is fiction but you still have to apply realism to it. Look at Dragon age, it's fantasy (elves, dwarves, demons, dragons magic, the whole shabang) and they do armour pretty legit and even reference to "boob plate" and how stupid it is (even in their fantasy setting) with the quote posted earlier between iron Bull and Cassandra.

If we just go - "Well it's fiction/fantasy, you can't app;y realism" Where do you draw the line? I want my character to jump as high as a mountain! Gravity? Pft stop trying to apply realism into my fantasy!

there is no physics in ESO therefore there is no gravity. Its just a constant check for ground collision and in case there is none, the "body" will be moved down until collision is reached. Where is the realism in that? It is fictionally represented to emulate reality, but no physical laws apply. Basically its just like PACMAN with z-axis. And now try to say there is realism in PACMAN...

Actually when you jump it is based on physics built into the engine.

Actually the engine needs to include a physics engine to apply actual force like gravity to the physical object. ESO does not include such a feature so it all moves by relocating the object on xyz. U can use math functions to "emulate" the jump and fall speeds and other movements so they look like driven by physics. But they are not. Try jumping with a horse down the stairs and turning mid air and you will understand what i'm talking about.

http://wiki.heroengine.com/wiki/Physics_Server

http://www.heroengine.com/herocloud/tech-features/
    HeroEngine has all the tools you would expect from a modern game engine – world building and scripting, 3D rendering, physics, and so much more! For an in-depth look at all the tech features in HeroEngine, read more here. Source code licenses are also available upon request.

the engine might include physics, like all others, but the game clearly does not. What you stated is just a feature of an engine that might or might not be implemented in a specific game.

Have you jumped off a cliff into water and then floated to the surface in such places as the cold harbour public dungeon ?
    Yes...good.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    E
    Degrees.......

Sister.Of.Battle.full.1102057.jpg

vs

warhammer-40000--art-.jpeg

Two totally different styles for the same thing. The first is going to appeal to some, others are going to prefer the second.

I think we can all agree that different people like different things. The game can't really cater to ALL of them, that's why games like TERA appear to a different crowd than ESO. But as has been said many times before: I think costume options is the answer here. If people want to look pretty, give them options to do so. It's not going to hurt anyone, and it'll probably make Zenimax a lot of money.

ewww don't anime the sisters of battle!!! Calling in a Exterminatus for who ever drew that! For the emperor and sanguinus blessed Lord of blood!
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go play TERA or download some Skyrim titty mods if you want to see skimpy armour. So much of that *** in MMOs and other games. I hope for some actual realism in this MMO (to some extent) and not have half naked women running around in freezing temperatures.
    Edited by ThyIronFist on April 9, 2015 8:24PM
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »
    Armour isn't a fashion statement

said no fantasy characters ever
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually like that armor ...

18j116ovm16n5jpg.jpg

... and I positively hate that armor.

And this game is not rated M for THAT reason.

Valar Morghulis.

• Eliteseraph
    Eliteseraph
    ✭✭✭

ewww don't anime the sisters of battle!!! Calling in a Exterminatus for who ever drew that! For the emperor and sanguinus blessed Lord of blood!

Hahahah! I agree. Just using it as an example that there are lots of different ways to present the same thing.
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want to show off your character's boobs? Don't wear upper body armor!!! You will get two birds with one shot- your char will look slutty and you will get realism!

would that be ok to u? so what's the difference from having sluty costumes?

Game allows you to show off your characters boobs and ass but you have to sacrifice your armor rating. And if you care so much about look then lower armor rating and 1 less set armor peace shouldn't be obstacle for you. Why waste resources on making *** costumes when players already can dress like ***?

simple, people will pay money for those costumes. Hence, not a waste of resources. "Waste" infers no return on investment. Clearly, that would not be the case.

Waste as: Still no unique alliance armor, no glass armor. And Dark brotherhood, Morag tong, Thieves guild need their armor too.
    I prefer this over slutty armor!
    nQeXWVa.jpg

How much i wish we could have decent looking detailed armor such as the concept art armors..... x( Zos please!
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Hahahah! I agree. Just using it as an example that there are lots of different ways to present the same thing.

I would kill for armour that looked like Dante's though.
  • milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly, this is an argument as old as time.

ZwTzhVP.jpg

hsyqvcn.jpg
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    Varicite wrote: »
    Armour isn't a fashion statement

said no fantasy characters ever

I didn't write that at all. Why are you quoting me?

Edited by Varicite on April 9, 2015 8:51PM