Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

We would like more feminine armors

ChuckyPayne
ChuckyPayne
✭✭✭✭
My wife asked me to write to you.

As women in general, love to dress up. They like the beautiful feminine clothes. This is same in the game.
Argonian Cloth Lvl1 armor or the Dark Seducer costume is feminine armor.
It was pretty much the lineup the rest of armors is not feminine.

Of course this is a subjective opinion with a woman eye.
  • Wintersage
    Wintersage
    ✭✭✭
    I would like more masculine light armor, myself. I'm tired of wearing dresses. :/
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edited by Loves_guars on April 9, 2015 4:07AM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think both would like more artwork.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Celless
    Celless
    ✭✭✭
    In regards to dress up, are you speaking about just having more cleavage in your gear? I don't want that. I rather like ESO female armor aesthetics compared to most MMOs.

Edit: Of the examples given, seducers and tier 1 argonian promote cleavage. If you had mentioned other examples, I would have replied differently.

Maybe if tier 1 to tier 3 armor and stolen town clothes could be used in a costume-like fashion, that could sate the wife's dress up options some in game. Else streaming Skyrim with a host of add-ons may also be a great way to play dress up with an audience.

Edit2: I disagree that the armor in the game isn't already feminine. It's plenty feminine to me. And I'm throwing realistic and practical out the window, because it's a game (which supports either argument).

It's not as sexualized as armor from say vanilla Everquest 1, Lineage 2, or TERA.
    And it's not as practical or realistic as armor from Mount and Blade or pre-1.18 FFXIV.

I think in the future, a thread like this would have far more weight if your wife or other female had created it. The way the thread was pitched and some of the folks supporting may have struck unpleasant chords toward objectification of women, whether knowingly or unknowingly.
    Edited by Celless on April 10, 2015 12:36AM
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wintersage wrote: »
    I would like more masculine light armor, myself. I'm tired of wearing dresses. :/

They're not dresses, they're robes. And you DO know you can craft jerkins instead? Right?
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    hrmm... i think this just you wanting to see more bikini plate :lol: its ok i use my wife for a scapegoat all the time :tongue:
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd don't think my armors are unfeminine...I mean you can still see I've got bewbs and a butt and curves :p

I don't need my bewbs hanging just on the edge of out and one false move I'm knocking myself out

edit: p.s. I hate dress up too, gimme a nice t and some jeans and gtg ;)
    Edited by Psychobunni on April 9, 2015 5:35AM
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wear what's comfortable, and I also wear what's practical.

That said, what I don't want to see is this game turn into an anime clone like Tera online, etc. Keep the "vanity" items in the Crown Store.

Battle, War, etc. call for clothing which is protective yet comfortable for wear in practicality. This isn't "Barbie Online", it's Elder Scrolls Online.
    TL;DR - If you got this far without reading the entire post you're either too lazy or suck at reading comprehension and probably don't belong in a public forum anyway. Just move along, you wouldn't understand.
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If they go around dressed like xena then they should have their armour value cut down to 1/4 to reflect their choice of armour.
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    Armor is too feminine imo. I'd like to see a bigger push into the realm of unisex armor, but that might just be me.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they go around dressed like xena then they should have their armour value cut down to 1/4 to reflect their choice of armour.

We already did... it's called Light Armor.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

You never watched xena did you.

She wore medium armour that consisted of a leather bra and skirt. It had 0 value as armour.
  • Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    Somehow, I don't think people watched Xena for the "realism" it presented... just sayin. (I was never personally interested in it)

That said, what I find hilarious is that people tend to throw the "but it's a fantasy game..." assertion forward in discussions like these. There's gotta be a balance between design decisions based on what's practical and what's "aesthetic", but what we swing back around to is the "intent" of the clothing in the first place.

His/Hers-torically, people have worn clothing with a purpose in mind, usually practicality. In a battle, you wouldn't walk around naked (unless you really don't care about self-preservation) but rather you'd aim to protect yourself as much as possible while retaining flexibility. There's a tradeoff for wearing lighter or heavier clothing, either accept this or don't, but it doesn't change the intended purpose.
    Edited by Sylveria_Relden on April 9, 2015 6:22AM
    TL;DR - If you got this far without reading the entire post you're either too lazy or suck at reading comprehension and probably don't belong in a public forum anyway. Just move along, you wouldn't understand.
  • Anoteros
    Anoteros
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is Elder Scrolls and such feminine and skimpy outfit's are frowned upon by the endless droves of fantasy nerds.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Inappropriate Content and Language]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 9, 2015 3:41PM
  • htoncic
    htoncic
    ✭✭✭

She wore medium armour that consisted of a leather bra and skirt. It had 0 value as armour.

But she never got hit. That counts as a ton of armor.
  • Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    htoncic wrote: »

The producers didn't put a soft cap on her dodge rating :P
  • chairenn
    chairenn
    ✭✭✭
    Noooo no boob plates! As someone already said, modded Skyrim is the way to go for those who want dress-up, cleavage, and more revealing styles in an Elder Scrolls setting. :P As a female player who happens to be interested in fashion, I find combining racial styles and using armour dyes offers a very satisfactory level of customisation. No chainmail bikinis to ESO, this is not a generic Korean mmo!
    on/off in Tamriel since beta 2014 | EU PC | main healer
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

This is true but unfortunately us players can't play in God mode.

If I dress like Conan I expect to have little to no armour value and have less bonus stats. Just sayin
  • Anoteros
    Anoteros
    ✭✭✭✭
    chairenn wrote: »
    Noooo no boob plates! As someone already said, modded Skyrim is the way to go for those who want dress-up, cleavage, and more revealing styles in an Elder Scrolls setting. :P As a female player who happens to be interested in fashion, I find combining racial styles and using armour dyes offers a very satisfactory level of customisation. No chainmail bikinis to ESO, this is not a generic Korean mmo!

That's right it isn't a generic Korean mmo, it's a sterile and generic Western MMO.
  • Anoteros
    Anoteros
    ✭✭✭✭

If I dress like Conan I expect to have little to no armour value and have less bonus stats. Just sayin

you're playing a video game not reality.
    Suspension of disbelief is key.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    24670_front.jpg

Good thing we're no longer living in the 1990s, I Guess...
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Anoteros wrote: »

Then why do I take fall damage?

Game or not fall from a high place it's gona hurt.

Game or not wear a skimpy pice of leather across your boobs and a pair of leather shorts that ride up your ass crack and you're not going to be as protected as someone in full leather armour covering every inch of them.
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Femininee <> != not equal with bared ass, panties, boobs, anime etc.

See theese pictures and u will understand what we are thinking.

Skyrim fur armor:
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/File:Fur_1_woman.jpg

Ancient nord:
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Aela_the_Huntress

Skyrim Nocturnal's Clothes
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Nocturnal's_Clothes
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always found it highly ironic that the TES game set in the coldest climate, had the skimpiest armours...
  • Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭

There's "suspension of belief"... and then total absurdity.

Personally, I'd prefer there be a balance between reality and fantasy.

Again, if you want "game ***", plenty of those out there already. (probably even F2P)
  • chairenn
    chairenn
    ✭✭✭

Skyrim fur armor:

Ancient nord:

But... These ARE bare midriff & cleavage! Aela's armour is the only one that looks functional at all.
    on/off in Tamriel since beta 2014 | EU PC | main healer
  • Anoteros
    Anoteros
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just because you don't want to see skin there's other who DO want to see skin. Why is what you WANT in game more valid than others?

Exactly.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Inappropriate Content and Language]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 9, 2015 3:40PM
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That looks like something out of a low-Budget *** :P
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Skyrim fur armor:

Ancient nord:

Ygritte_3x10.jpg

How you really dress if you don't want to freeze your boobies off.
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO

It's also an RPG. I'd like to play the role of a woman with armor that wouldn't get her killed in a fight.