Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

We would like more feminine armors

• bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the question is, why the hell are we always dressed for war?

My main....in the bank she dresses like this.

Andala%20Casual_zpsrnajno9l.png

Questing, she dressses like this....

Andala%20and%20Mel_zpsm4kzqaja.png

Getting the pledge group together in Deshaan....not everyone enjoys the prospect....

Balle%20Contemplates%20Another%20Pledge%20Run_zpsojg4bxwj.png

And in the dungeon, before the pledge run....

Getting%20ready%20for%20Spindleclutch_zpsjhvpvp03.png

At a meeting of an RP guild....a war of a different sort....

Guild%20Meeting%201_zpsl6pw0uie.png

At the tavern after the meeting....

Andala%20after%20the%20meeting_zpsgcrtwqe8.png

After the battle in Direfrost Keep.....

Andala%20Balle%20Direfrost%20Keep_zpsvdzxdfwl.png

Must we always be dressed for battle? Really?
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are other types of MMOs for "feminine" armor OP.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh crap....that's right....in my zeal over the larger topic of what we wear I forgot that the TOPIC is armor :blush:

Sorry.....*wanders away mumbling*
  • blackevil86
    blackevil86
    ✭✭
    i am male but rarely play male chars. mostly because i know i'm gonna be looking at my char quite a lot, from many perspectives and as a male irl i prefer looking at females. in game or real. so i have to agree that the armour could look more sex oriented. the way it is now, males look squishy and for females, u need to be quite close to see its a damn female. Some skin wouldn't hurt and tbh its just a visual feature. If you're so much into realism, go to the nearest forest dressed in anything but "heavy armour" and try killing a damn wolf with a knife. or a pack for that matter... then repeat that bare naked. would really like to know if there would be any difference lol.

Atm ESO is the only game where my main is male. And with for example the barbaric medium armour, he got more exposed skin than any female i saw in game. But still has the same amount of armour as he would with a lets say redguard medium set which covers almost every inch and makes u look like a power ranger.

And since they introduced the crown store and cosmetic costumes, they could at least put some effort into it and make REAL cosmetic upgrades. Or else the whole male population will soon be dressed in wedding dresses that a female wouldn't wear not even for free. BRIDEMANFEST FTW!

So yes, pls ZOS make some drastic changes to the gear! I wanna have a hot female alt atleast :tongue:
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    i am male but rarely play male chars. mostly because i know i'm gonna be looking at my char quite a lot, from many perspectives and as a male irl i prefer looking at females. in game or real. so i have to agree that the armour could look more sex oriented. the way it is now, males look squishy and for females, u need to be quite close to see its a damn female. Some skin wouldn't hurt and tbh its just a visual feature. If you're so much into realism, go to the nearest forest dressed in anything but "heavy armour" and try killing a damn wolf with a knife. or a pack for that matter... then repeat that bare naked. would really like to know if there would be any difference lol.

Atm ESO is the only game where my main is male. And with for example the barbaric medium armour, he got more exposed skin than any female i saw in game. But still has the same amount of armour as he would with a lets say redguard medium set which covers almost every inch and makes u look like a power ranger.

And since they introduced the crown store and cosmetic costumes, they could at least put some effort into it and make REAL cosmetic upgrades. Or else the whole male population will soon be dressed in wedding dresses that a female wouldn't wear not even for free. BRIDEMANFEST FTW!

So yes, pls ZOS make some drastic changes to the gear! I wanna have a hot female alt atleast :tongue:

If a wolf attacks me while I am wearing full plate, it's going to loose a few teeth when it bites me.

If am naked it's going to rip my throat out.

• Chuggernaut
    Chuggernaut
    ✭✭✭

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTGh0EMmMC8
    Edited by Chuggernaut on April 9, 2015 2:08PM
    My comrades have returned. I erect the spine of gratitude. You are a hero today. - Bura-Natoo
  • Celless
    Celless
    ✭✭✭
    Now, OP, don't get me entirely wrong. I consider myself reasonable.

Old Redguard and Orc armor? Those graphics were already made. Maybe those societies could have costumes of that as how armor was when Molag Bal invaded and perhaps changed Their tune.

Maybe you'd like some Dibella inspired clothing? Maybe the daedra seducers weren't skimping enough to seduce their intended targets and return with light, medium, and heavy redux versions.
    Edited by Celless on April 9, 2015 1:43PM
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wintersage wrote: »
    I would like more masculine light armor, myself. I'm tired of wearing dresses. :/

But you can wear pants now, why do you choose to keep wearing dresses? : /
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know any actual RL females who want to run around in the game showing off cleavage and midriffs and letting everything hang out on their female characters, but I'm sure they do exist. If their need for attention in the game is that great, I say let them have their lingerie. Leave the armor alone though, please. I happen to like putting armor on my characters that looks like it is made for protection and not for a soft *** audition.

The solution to this is costumes and clothing. And male characters should be able to wear them too, just like the wedding dress.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree.... If more revealing armor=less damage resistance.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    I don't know any actual RL females who want to run around in the game showing off cleavage and midriffs and letting everything hang out on their female characters, but I'm sure they do exist. If their need for attention in the game is that great, I say let them have their lingerie. Leave the armor alone though, please. I happen to like putting armor on my characters that looks like it is made for protection and not for a soft *** audition.

The solution to this is costumes and clothing. And male characters should be able to wear them too, just like the wedding dress.

My fiance liked the novice Bosmer cloth and the old version of the Orcish cloth robes.

She is absolutely not the type of person to need attention from anybody in this game, lol. When asking her what she wants to wear (I'm the 50 clothier, so I make most of our gear), she says that she wants those because she thinks they're pretty.

No more, no less.

Conversely, most of my females I try to put in more rugged, masculine armors simply because I like the look. , If leather and light, there's not really much of a choice.

I tend to go full Breton w/ a masked helmet of some kind for leather, though. I like the Dunmer one lately.

Edited by Varicite on April 9, 2015 2:07PM
  • stimpy986b14_ESO
    stimpy986b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that heavy armor shouldn't have boob windows or bare midriff but why not medium or light armor, the latter of which isn't protective at all so why should it look like it?

Furthermore, in a game where all crafted armor can be made with different looks yet have the same stats, why not cater to both those who want realism and those who don't care for it?

If you don't want "skimpy" outfits, don't wear those styles. it's that simple.
    Edited by stimpy986b14_ESO on April 9, 2015 2:06PM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy armor needs to LOOK like armor...meaning it needs to provide coverage. Medium armor, consisting mostly of leather, could easily go either way, depending on where/when it's being worn. More "tribal" looking styles originating in temperate to hot climes might indeed be rather revealing. So a range of looks is needed there. Light "armor" on the other hand are typically mage robes made of CLOTH. They are not typically INTENDED to protect PHYSICALLY against damage (and indeed are pretty terrible for that unless augmented by magic) so there is really no requirement for "coverage" making them all look like nun's habits. A wide range of looks from full coverage to scanty IS called for there.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We, as a community, really had quite a fierce argument over this when Redguard light was "lost" and Orc heavy was changed.

To enter the world of Elder Scrolls is, in some ways, to engage a cult with some very specific sensibilities. I would call it World of Landmines if ESO is your first exposure to it.

Lots of things you simply cannot discuss such as males and females being physically equal despite men have much, MUCH more muscle mass in their characters. Or noting the practical absurdity of heavy armor cups for breasts in the first place, exposed chests aside.

Asian games are viewed as low brow by many yet it's a different view - in many ways the original view - of elves as bewitchers that was offloaded to the Daedra in this lore. Folks accept the Dark Seducer or Golden Saint costumes or The Encasement of Anguish because they accept the bewitcher role in that context.

And legs must be covered. This one still puzzles me.

After being told to "go **** yourself sideways" in NA EP RP guild chat I gave up and quit ESO RP. I'm not of this clan and no longer aspired to be a member. It's a dog whistle to me. I know they're hearing something - a sound is broadcast - but I can never hear it.

I still post screenshots of the old Redguard light from time to time but this subject has no rational basis to it and cannot be discussed.

Fashion has never been rational. It's an aesthetic sensibility, rooted in culture and human desire bounded by mores. Dangerous ground.

It has nothing to do with any of that for me. It's all about practicality, if you are wearing heavy armour but only your breasts and crotch and waist is covered, then you are not properly attired for combat and should face lowered armour value to show it.

You also shouldn't be able to go invisible, since you know.. that's not realistic. Or put your hands together a heal people... because let's face it... it's not medicine nor professional medical care. Your reasoning has no place in a fantasy game. You are entitled to it of course, but it has no reasoning. People run around as SKELETONS... technically 1 hit they should fall apart since there is none of the flesh parts holding it in tact. Fantasy game = not bound to the rules of the real world.

Hello mr straw man.

Hello Ms. Scarecrow g'day XD
    Edited by ThisOnePosts on April 9, 2015 2:32PM
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You also shouldn't be able to go invisible, since you know.. that's not realistic. Or put your hands together a heal people... because let's face it... it's not medicine nor professional medical care. Your reasoning has no place in a fantasy game. You are entitled to it of course, but it has no reasoning. People run around as SKELETONS... technically 1 hit they should fall apart since there is none of the flesh parts holding it in tact. Fantasy game = not bound to the rules of the real world.

While not bound by the rules of the real world, it is still bound by the rules of it's own world.

Tamriel has armour value. In Tamriel you are more protected in full plate then a light robe. This is all part of it's own rules. Therefore, if you only cover you intimates with the plate your armour value should be lower by it's own rules.

Tamriel has armor value yes but we are talking about disguises/clothing/outfits here. Even armor... heck you can get skimpy-ish armor in some TES games. Then add in the mods and LOLLL. However, people are running around as skeletons, in bride gowns, in disguises for quests, etc.. a tiny ring or amulet can have physical resist, spell resist, etc... IF THAT can work, of course so can most suggestions across the various threads. Again I repeat..IT IS A FANTASY GAME. This is nothing new for TES if you just log in you can see for yourself.
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am constantly laughing myself silly whenever I read the argument "but this is not realistic".

It could be an option to stop the hate, make them available optionally and not force anyone to wear any kind of armor they don't want to wear or - in other words - force people to not wear what they want to wear.
    Edited by Keron on April 9, 2015 2:38PM
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I get why some people want their "immersion"... but this is an MMO, not single player. If it were, then we'd each be the only hero running around. There is nothing wrong with giving people options. We have to see everyone's pets, fugly characters half the time, men in bridal gowns now, skeletons, goblins, now draug, etc...all who are "barely" protected...yet their gear underneath those disguises is what protects them. You can justify this from a number of different angles, there's no good argument against it.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are other types of MMOs for "feminine" armor OP.

Express a different taste and get told to leave....plenty of folks keep those Frost Staves handy. ;)

Okay, okay, that wasn't what was meant....or it was, doesn't matter.

This war is over, people.

Cleavage, bare bellies and, eventually, even bare legs will be shown in battle because of costumes. And the Dark Seducer costume showed more chest that any *tisk* *tisk* boob window ever did. It arrived when the game did.

So, I guess this is one of those arguments my grandfather used to dismiss, saying, "They fight over an empty box!"
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Heavy armor needs to LOOK like armor...meaning it needs to provide coverage. Medium armor, consisting mostly of leather, could easily go either way, depending on where/when it's being worn. More "tribal" looking styles originating in temperate to hot climes might indeed be rather revealing. So a range of looks is needed there. Light "armor" on the other hand are typically mage robes made of CLOTH. They are not typically INTENDED to protect PHYSICALLY against damage (and indeed are pretty terrible for that unless augmented by magic) so there is really no requirement for "coverage" making them all look like nun's habits. A wide range of looks from full coverage to scanty IS called for there.

OR....we could let people wear what they like....AND...
    ...put them on #ignoreupgrade if we find them personally offensive ;)

alas pvp

Although we could have client only costumes..that only you actually see
    But they begs the question...are they for personal pleasure or flaunting ?
    Edited by Rune_Relic on April 9, 2015 2:54PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    Again, as I said previously "Agreed. More "aesthetic customization" ability would be an acceptable resolution to this- but only if it's not applied as a default to everyone else."

A good compromise which would suit almost everyone's needs here is if a "leisure" style or something were introduced into the game- so you could switch back and forth but it doesn't default to either/or.

At present, it's only one way or another- and none of us can change this. Direct your passion toward the appropriate party in resolving this dilemma- which in this case would be ZOS, not other players.
    TL;DR - If you got this far without reading the entire post you're either too lazy or suck at reading comprehension and probably don't belong in a public forum anyway. Just move along, you wouldn't understand.
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I get why some people want their "immersion"... but this is an MMO, not single player. If it were, then we'd each be the only hero running around. There is nothing wrong with giving people options. We have to see everyone's pets, fugly characters half the time, men in bridal gowns now, skeletons, goblins, now draug, etc...all who are "barely" protected...yet their gear underneath those disguises is what protects them. You can justify this from a number of different angles, there's no good argument against it.

I would have no objection if the OP said feminine "costumes" such as the brides dress, skeletons, goblins......however he said armor. The armor is fine. If someone wants to look like a garden utensil ;) , make em buy it in the crown store as a skin

If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    MornaBaine wrote: »

OR....we could let people wear what they like....AND...
    ...put them on #ignoreupgrade if we find them personally offensive ;)

alas pvp

Although we could have client only costumes..that only you actually see
    But they begs the question...are they for personal pleasure or flaunting ?

Oh if only.... Fat male Orcs in wedding dresses were funny as hell...the FIRST day. Now..not so much. Of course you CAN have "skimpy" "Heavy" armor and just proclaim, "It's magic!" and the justification fits just as well as it does for wearing cloth garments into battle. For me it's just a matter of preference that armor made out of metal looks like...well... armor made out of metal. LOL
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking this thread was about "armors" in a more general term (such as light "armor" and medium "armor" are not actually armored, but more like clothing) discussing the feminine counterparts to most sets.

Apparently, it's actually about ARMOR (heavy only), lol.

I guess you guys can disregard my off-topic response about light / medium, then.

But the OP itself seems to be talking about all armor types, not just actual heavy armor. I'm not really sure why the focus has shifted to such a narrow spectrum.

Edited by Varicite on April 9, 2015 3:02PM
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a complete overhaul of all armors/clothing,
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    I for one would like macho and pretty armor to appear. I don't mean boobs and butts huggers- just flattering, and decorated armor, for both sexes.

The armor we currently have is flattering, but sometimes we want something a little more grandoise, a little more flashy. Add a few flower patterns, spiky armor and such. I can think of plenty of ways to make girly heavy armor- ornate patterning/carvings in the metal, belts with more elegant designs, jewlerry you can actually see, nymph and tribal style costumes. Why not sell pattern/skin packs that you can apply to armor the same way you do dyes? Something as small as that can completely change a look. I like how so many people in this thread immediately assumed OP was demanding cleavage windows and lingerie... :D
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to point out one thing here. Armour isn't masculine or feminine. It servers a function and looks the way it does to suit that purpose.

I hate to use real world examples but would you ware a skimpy heat *** suit to go study a volcano? Or a slimy hazmat suit in a plague outbreak?
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to point out one thing here. Armour isn't masculine or feminine. It servers a function and looks the way it does to suit that purpose.

I hate to use real world examples but would you ware a skimpy heat *** suit to go study a volcano? Or a slimy hazmat suit in a plague outbreak?

What function do the robes in this game serve in relation to your example?

And why can't they be more feminine and serve the exact same purpose? : o
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaldaAinur wrote: »
    I for one would like macho and pretty armor to appear. I don't mean boobs and butts huggers- just flattering, and decorated armor, for both sexes.

The armor we currently have is flattering, but sometimes we want something a little more grandoise, a little more flashy. Add a few flower patterns, spiky armor and such. I can think of plenty of ways to make girly heavy armor- ornate patterning/carvings in the metal, belts with more elegant designs, jewlerry you can actually see, nymph and tribal style costumes. Why not sell pattern/skin packs that you can apply to armor the same way you do dyes? Something as small as that can completely change a look. I like how so many people in this thread immediately assumed OP was demanding cleavage windows and lingerie... :D

I agree,I mean the armor in the game isnt detailed or unique at all :/ wish we could have something with all kinds of accessoaries in them,More detailed armors like in the cinematic trailers
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »

What function do the robes in this game serve in relation to your example?

And why can't they be more feminine and serve the exact same purpose? : o

Armour hinders magic so you ware cloth. come on that's fantasy RPG 101.

Armour isn't a fashion statement it's a tool. You don't go looking for the prettiest looking hammer or screwdriver, you choose the one that serves its purpose.
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to use real world examples but...
    If you all hate it so much to give "real world examples", why the heck do you do it? Just stop it. No need to do things you hate. I promise, it will all be good even without them.