Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

We would like more feminine armors

• IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the real issue is that these requests are almost always targeted at female characters. It hits on a much deeper issue - men wanting to objectify women. I know it is not the case 100% of the time, but this is really why you have so many people (a lot of whom are women) so vehemently opposed to it. Maybe it wasn't such a big deal in the past because there were less women playing games. Maybe back in the 90's that ghastly Arena cover that has been linked so many times would be ok. I wonder the ratio of male/female players in those games back then versus today. But as gaming has become more mainstream and attracted a larger female audience, there is a much larger resistance to the p*rn armor, and for good reason. Sorry guys, but this is no longer a man's world. To all those guys who keep arguing "but I play a female character and I want to [be turned on when I] look at her"...tough sh*t. There are plenty of other outlets where you can get your T & A fix - by yourself, where the rest of the world doesn't have to see it also. Unless of course you'd like to see male characters also running around in speedos and codpieces... but I don't see too many requests here for that.

Bravo, just bravo. :)

Edited by IrishGirlGamer on April 9, 2015 11:54PM
    Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem to contend with is that proper armor is not stylish and for the most part rendered impractical at the drop of a hat. Even if there is a pure curve on the breast plate, the underarms and waist present perfect targets for one shot kills.

If you want purity of effect with armor then anyone wearing a goblin/primal, imperial, or ancient elven helm should have their head ripped off or neck snapped if someone clips the horns with a proper swing. Not to mention armor is weak at the joints since joints need to flex, yet we cannot limb people with a proper hit.

Not to mention that a good mace or maul shot regardless of armor will crush the rib cage, arms, head, etc. on a swing. So the concept of hitpoints in general is a fantasy concept in that you get stabbed in the throat and live to tell about it.

So that being said, all of the armor in this game is impractical. There is always a seam at the chest for males and females where a proper thrust would catch and puncture.

That being said, there has to be a suspension of belief. There are people that prefer coverage and don't prefer coverage. Realistically, both sides of the audience need to be catered to and both sides need to respect the other side. You don't like it, don't wear it, but respect the choice of those that do. They will/should do the same.

In closing, a great man once said, "Come back and get what's coming to ya! I'll bite your legs off."
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Don't forget these guys. They're clearly wearing armor, just with the 'Show body Armor" and 'Show Leg Armor' option checked off. xD

1724644-300_wallpaper_q.jpg

Um ... didn't they die? All of them?

No. 299 of them died. :p

Well, 298 died at Thermopylae.

One was sent as a messenger and didn't get back in time. He hanged himself.

One was sent home injured. The shame caused him to lead the charge at Platea, and be the first Spartan to die in that battle.

It didn't end well for any of the 300 :)
  • WhimsyDragon
    WhimsyDragon
    ✭✭✭
    I'm personally a fan of subtle sexiness, which existed here and there until they decided it would be easier to not make lady armor unique from it's male counterparts :( And I agree with @CaptainObvious (oh how appropriate!) regarding the fact that many things within this sort of game require suspension of disbelief anyhow. No, it doesn't have to be perfect functional armor for me to enjoy the game. It isn't real combat so looks can trump protection as long as it doesn't get completely ridiculous. I'm also hoping for more intriguing costumes to get that girly outfit fix. Soon please?
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throren wrote: »
    Semi-off topic

Some banter from dragon age

Iron Bull: Ah, that’s some good armor.
    Cassandra: Are you referring to me?
    Iron Bull: Some high-ranking women wear ornamental crap with *** hammered into it.
    Iron Bull: One good shot, and all that cleavage gets knocked right into the sternum. Real messy.
    Iron Bull: Good on you for going practical.
    Cassandra: I aim to please.
    Iron Bull: Leaves something to the imagination, too.

That said though, not saying no to more feminine armours (heck the sets in game still show off your curves, it's not like putting on armour suddenly makes your girls flat so to speak) But no need for all their 'assets' to be hanging out in the open as if this was Scarlet Blade or Tera
    You forgot to mention the part where Iron Bull himself parades around with a bare chest. But that's fine, because he's a man. I mean, it's not fine, but who's going to complain? More importantly, who is going to complain that you actually have to listen to? Where is everyone posting about covering up poor Sai Sahan?

I very much dislike revealing armor, especially when it's heavy. I've argued against it on pretty much every forum for every MMO/RPG I've ever played. I think it's ridiculous. Some female gamers say it's offensive to them and I feel bad that for so long there were often zero non-revealing armor choices for female characters. Of course, I've seen just as many female gamers say that they like it, so I'm confused. I think the best compromise is to have options for everyone, but some people are adamant that they only have it their way.

It was because of this dumb crusade that I lost the only male armor I liked in this game (Redguard heavy armor). Hilariously enough, it was made less protective in the update that was supposed to make the revealing female armor "more realistic and protective." I must have made a dozen posts about this while it was on the PTS, but since reasoning with Zenimax is impossible, I was left with no way to make my character look a way that I liked and had to quit the game because there was just nothing left for me.

I'm currently planning on playing that other MMO (rhymes with Shminal Shmantasy - I remember they implemented some draconian rules around here, I don't want to advertise another game just in case), of all games, because at least when they give everyone the choice to look ridiculous in revealing armor, they also give me the choice to look awesome in full armor. They don't just arbitrarily take things away and then put their fingers in their ears when you ask why.
  • Zosia
    Zosia
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a female and I want my characters to look good, I'd love some more feminine armors. Nothing tasteless, nothing like chainmail and plate bikinis, but a bit of sexiness.

For example, I'd love to see armors that look more like the one in this trailer. I have no idea what game it is from, but the design looks far better than those in ESO, I love the cleavage, the mini skirt and bare thighs. It just looks nice and not too revealing. Maybe I should search for this game and give it a shot, I think its design will suit me better than ESO's.

hJxDJnb.png

But, sadly, an armor like this won't ever make it to ESO, because it's too impractical and revealing. :/
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe the true warrior's armour is plain and functional.

Anything that is superfluous or inadequate is a liability.

There's a passage in the Iliad where Achilles meets a Trojan warrior dressed in his finest gaudy armour, draped in gold. Achilles kills him and strips the corpse of its gold.

I feel the same way when I see people in ridiculously dyed armour :)

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xBGvTOO.jpg

Omg, I would farm motifs infinitely or shell out however many crowns necessary for armor like this. ^^ Love the way there is an obvious chest space, but it's not the ridiculous defined "cups". It looks more like the way an actual shirt looks in RL. Love the accents, the details, it's feminine, but not slutty (which is the word I think the OP was really looking for - based on the image examples he linked). Only issue I would have is with the heeled boots - fighting and running around in high heels - please no. But, I would take heels any day over slutty revealing armor.
    I really like that one too. I don't think it quite fits in with the Elder Scrolls aesthetic, but I would freaking love to see an Elder Srollified version of that. It really wouldn't take too many tweaks for it to look like it fit in with the Elder Scrolls universe either.

Oh, and as far as high heels go, it might interest you to know that they were invented for cavalry. High heels of the type you see on that picture are actually pretty practical for cavalry, as they keep you from slipping off your stirrups. Stilettos are another story, but heels like that are perfectly fine for combat.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem to contend with is that proper armor is not stylish
    Are you trying to tell me that this isn't stylish:
    gothic_armour.jpg
    Or this:
    DSC_0034.jpg

J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zosia wrote: »
    I'm a female and I want my characters to look good, I'd love some more feminine armors. Nothing tasteless, nothing like chainmail and plate bikinis, but a bit of sexiness.

For example, I'd love to see armors that look more like the one in this trailer. I have no idea what game it is from, but the design looks far better than those in ESO, I love the cleavage, the mini skirt and bare thighs. It just looks nice and not too revealing. Maybe I should search for this game and give it a shot, I think its design will suit me better than ESO's.

hJxDJnb.png

But, sadly, an armor like this won't ever make it to ESO, because it's too impractical and revealing. :/

You know what is absolutely hilarious about this? The game you are searching for here is indeed this one. Those are shots from the trailers of ESO. (Unless I misunderstood and this post was sarcasm lol) Yeah, so... wheres that awesome armor at guys?!!!

PS Feminine doesn't always mean skanky or baring tons of skin. Actually, it doesn't mean that at all, that's just the way people take it. Made to look like it fits a woman, nothing wrong with that.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »
    PS Feminine doesn't always mean skanky or baring tons of skin. Actually, it doesn't mean that at all, that's just the way people take it. Made to look like it fits a woman, nothing wrong with that.

No, but if you look at the images the OP linked a few posts down from the start of this thread as his examples of "feminine", you will see that they are all pretty skin-baring examples. Examples that I would classify more as slutty than feminine. The third one...looks like she's not even wearing panties and belongs in some Gorean roleplay game.

• Sir_Xalvador
    Sir_Xalvador
    ✭✭✭
    These would be a good start for the ladies....men just spice it up in my opinion andon all armor add more 3d detail make it stand out more

SkyrimModsGalore.jpg?width=737&height=414
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, but if you look at the images the OP linked a few posts down from the start of this thread as his examples of "feminine", you will see that they are all pretty skin-baring examples. Examples that I would classify more as slutty than feminine. The third one...looks like she's not even wearing panties and belongs in some Gorean roleplay game.

Those are all armors from the Elder Scrolls games, though...

He's asking for armor styles that are already present in the series.

I don't think it's that much of a stretch.
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »

They are NPC armors - not player armor. Big difference between one NPC hidden away somewhere and players running around all over the place in that stuff.

• Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They are NPC armors - not player armor. Big difference between one NPC hidden away somewhere and players running around all over the place in that stuff.

Fur armor is player armor...

And if NPCs can wear it, why on earth can the mighty heroes of Tamriel, victors over Molag Bal, slayers of Mannimarco, and liberators of the Imperial City not wear something similar?

Edited by Varicite on April 10, 2015 1:28AM
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fur armor is player armor...

And it's the least revealing of the three. If someone wants to wear that fugly armor, fine. Oh wait, we pretty much already have it - it's called Barbaric. :)

Edited by curlyqloub14_ESO on April 10, 2015 1:29AM
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hahaha seriously?!

They are all from Skyrim, this game being based in the Elder Scrolls world would make these armors completely friendly to the lore of the game. So... you think showing your knees is slutty?! I mean, Alea's armor, the second one, is a far cry from slutty, only thing showing is part of her legs the skirt isn't even short!

Gimme a break.

Also, you can craft that 2nd armor, after you've done all of the Companions stuff. Its not just for NPCs.
    Edited by Vyle_Byte on April 10, 2015 1:31AM
    Member of the Old Guard
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • pugyourself
    pugyourself
    ✭✭✭✭
    My wife asked me to write to you.

As women in general, love to dress up. They like the beautiful feminine clothes. This is same in the game.
    Argonian Cloth Lvl1 armor or the Dark Seducer costume is feminine armor.
    It was pretty much the lineup the rest of armors is not feminine.

Of course this is a subjective opinion with a woman eye.

I'm all for this, if only for selfish reasons.
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, Alea's armor, the second one, is a far cry from slutty, only thing showing is part of her legs the skirt isn't even short!

Yes, I consider side-boob and a v-cut front that goes down to her waist slutty.

Edited by curlyqloub14_ESO on April 10, 2015 1:36AM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are all from Skyrim, this game being based in the Elder Scrolls world would make these armors completely friendly to the lore of the game. So... you think showing your knees is slutty?! I mean, Alea's armor, the second one, is a far cry from slutty, only thing showing is part of her legs the skirt isn't even short!
    I know you can't see it in that picture, but, um. Dat sideboob.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    600px-SR-npc-Aela_the_Huntress.jpg

That "skirt" looks a lot more like a loincloth depending on the angle. :)
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think her outfit is a little revealing, but tastefully done.

Nocturnal's Robe is an example from the ES universe of something that I'd call needlessly skimpy.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL true, I did forget about sideboob its been a while since I played Skyrim and the pic doesn't show it. I don't consider that slutty tho, just like I didn't think the boob window on the orc armor was. Its not showing everything to the whole world, its a hint, which is sexy without being overly provocative. Women are beautiful creatures no? Why should it be completely hidden? Cover them up from head to toe right? :/

I am not saying I wish for it all to be hanging out, mostly because that would not fit this game at all. But I am a woman and I like a hint of sexiness.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Viva la Byte
  • stimpy986b14_ESO
    stimpy986b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

LOL true, I did forget about sideboob its been a while since I played Skyrim and the pic doesn't show it. I don't consider that slutty tho, just like I didn't think the boob window on the orc armor was. Its not showing everything to the whole world, its a hint, which is sexy without being overly provocative. Women are beautiful creatures no? Why should it be completely hidden? Cover them up from head to toe right? :/

I am not saying I wish for it all to be hanging out, mostly because that would not fit this game at all. But I am a woman and I like a hint of sexiness.

What people seem to forget is, the reason the "boob window" was removed is that it didn't fit the lore. Orismer have always favored function over form in their gear and the provocative orcish female armor contradicted that. It should be noted that the Dunmer light female armor still has one as dark elves tend to favor form over function.

Also, there is a difference between sexy and revealing. the high level Bosmer medium armor is a perfect example of this as it shows zero skin but still accentuates a female's curves, making it the sexiest armor in-game IMO.
  • winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO
    The only thing I can add to the "but women" whirlwind is times have moved on. People today in real life dress that way to affirm themselves.. Yeah in the 80's and 90's it would have been polite to turn your head AWAY if you saw a girl showing skin, but today, given the reactions most girls have, its probably rude NOT to quickly glace. Why would any sane human walk out of their house looking like that if there wasn't some kind of intention for that. Dinosaur behaviour in general is bad. Monopoly doesn't have skimpy armor and is waiting for you under your couch.

Well, regarding armor.. you get attached to an mmo when you get attached to your character. And appearance is the first connection to your character, doesn't matter what type of gameplay people like (gear functions as a stamp of achievement also.. no one yells in general 'I cleared a raid' over and over, its shown via appearance). Making everyone happy is going to be a positive thing in regards to people sticking around because of this...

Really zenimax.. play some mmo's. there's so much blindness that keeps making me think the only mmo's they play is their grandkids.
    Edited by winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO on April 10, 2015 2:23AM
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem really is that Zo$ just likes to suck the fun out of everything. Thats why we cant have nice things. Look at the wedding dress ffs. If I saw Vyle in that on our wedding day...I'd have to tell her to go back to the little house on the prairie where that dress came from. Ugliest wedding dress ever. Oh but its ok for a male orc to run around in a wedding dress but we cant have anything that shows a bit of the soft side of a harsh world...really...lighten up people. Dont take out your life's short comings on a game.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Eliteseraph
    Eliteseraph
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone here has said they can have them but they should have lower armour values to show there uselessness.

ooo! Or, they could introduce a targeting system and you'd actually have to *aim* at people's exposed body parts.

Headshot!

Oh snap! Did he just no-scope and teabag that guy!??! Daaaaaaayummmmmm!!!

"What a sad world we live in, where politeness is mistaken for weakness." - Usagi Yojimbo
  • Eliteseraph
    Eliteseraph
    ✭✭✭
    Zosia wrote: »

hJxDJnb.png

That looks a lot like a mix between light and medium armors to me. Disregarding the fact the 90% of what's done in that trailer can't be done in the game, of course. We don't have ballistae that shoot bridges. Or throwing knives as a secondary weapon. There's no green fire/lightning whips. You can't climb up walls on ropes while dodging falling rocks as part of a mini-game. You also can't capture enemy sorcs and strap them into siege weapons for more power(that would be freakin metal!).

I don't have any problem with the light and medium armor sets having some options to be more revealing. But when people start asking for heavy armor with the boob window, or exposed midriffs....I just start rolling my eyes.

Strangely enough, I'd actually be inclined to accept exposed legs, however. That's a thing that was actually pretty common throughout the history of armor.
    "What a sad world we live in, where politeness is mistaken for weakness." - Usagi Yojimbo
  • winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO
    There's probably an important distinction to make.. there's a difference between having an option for better looking armor, and being forced to wear it.

If people still believe that they are correct in an opinion that -denies- other people a choice its just projecting bigotry. In this case its just applying to clothing bit its exactly the same as any form of YOU CAN'T because I DON'T call.

And of course all requests for better looking armor include both genders.. That would be a given and for the sake of equality should be considered.

Also I do appreciate how people want to distinguish different types of fantasy, but logically that doesn't hold up as the definition of fantasy implies its fantastic and pretty much whatever the fantasizer wants. Fantasy adhering to "rules", well I've always found a little too retentive... :D

• MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And to think...all this would have been solved if Zenimax had simply designed the game to allow cosmetic only modding of armor. Y'know...kinda like Morrowwind, Oblivion and Skyrim.

I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.