Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

We would like more feminine armors

• Eliteseraph
    Eliteseraph
    ✭✭✭
    ESO armor is pretty far from being 'realistic'. Just the fact that there's plate armor with boobs, and no articulation in the waist shows that. Hip armor that just sort of floats in mid air is another fine example.

However, armor in ESO at least gives the appearance of practicality. Armor actually covers most everywhere and looks like it might actually stop a blow. Although things like armor and castle walls make less sense in a world with magic....but that's another issue entirely.

All in all I LIKE the way armor looks in ESO. It fits the Elder Scrolls World, and for once in a fantasy game doesn't shamelessly show off T&A.
    "What a sad world we live in, where politeness is mistaken for weakness." - Usagi Yojimbo
  • ShadowMage
    ShadowMage
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy armor should be just that, armor. It needs to cover and protect the body and should have the highest armor rating. No boob windows, no bare midriffs, no chainmail bikinis with HA stats.

Medium armor should look like armor as well, but allow for more flexibility. Some skin showing is ok, but not too much.

Light armor is nothing more than clothing and should have the most flexibility. Boob windows and bare midriffs are ok here, but so is covering the body entirely.

That said, I don't ever want to see anything like the cover of Arena. Just no. I also don't think they should mess with existing styles, but rather add new styles and motifs.
    I actually think they do a decent job with what's in the game already.
    The low level Bosmer and Argonian light armor and the Barbaric armor show a good bit of skin while most others cover more. It would be nice to have more variety of "revealing" armor, especially higher level stuff. I don't care about armor rating for these, but the high level enchantments can't be put on low level armor.
    Medium armor is pretty decent. There's a good selection of sleeveless slightly revealing styles as well as styles that cover the body. I'll be the first to admit, though, that the lvl 1 female Bosmer is a bit too revealing to fit in with the medium armor.
    And the heavy armors are pretty good too as most seem to cover the entire body. Several styles are sleeveless, though, which breaks the whole theme of heavy armor.
    PC / NA
    Thenathra - Khajiit Stormblade (Sorcerer - Dual-wield Swords/Lightning Staff)

Several alts I've created, but haven't leveled much yet:
    Norryne - Dunmer Paladin (Templar - Two-hand Hammer/One-hand Hammer & Shield)
    Demerwei - Argonian Shadowscale (Nightblade - Dual-wield Axes/Dual-wield Daggers)
    Gohrnag - Orc Elementalist (Dragon Knight - Frost Staff/Lightning Staff)
    Kerasha - Redguard Mystic (Templar - Flame Staff/Restoration Staff)
    Alawael - Bosmer Assassin (Nightblade - Bow/Two-hand Battleaxe)
    Hjerlm the Quiet - Nord Dragonguard (Dragon Knight - One-hand Sword & Shield/Two-hand Greatsword)
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eivar wrote: »
    someone always uses this argument to justify themselves, look we all get that it's a game, what we're saying is we like the more realistic design choices they've made and would prefer they stay that was as opposed to having everyone run around dressed up like they were "actors" in "The lord of the Bangs: Fellowship of the bang"you can feel free to disagree with those of us that like things as is, and we'll continue to disagree with you.

Isn't CHOICE part of the realism u seek? Oh, so u never see boobs hanging out irl? Or a dude that want to show off his fake muscles?

Freedom of choice m8...

uhm, i don't know where this whole choice thing came from, unless you are referenceing design choices by the dev team....in which case i think you need to work on your reading comprehension. But go online and see if you can find a bullet proof vest with a boob window, i haven't looked but i'll bet you can't find one, it's not funtional that way, you wouldn't find it in anything beyond ceremonial non functional armors either, and thats the setting the devs created, and i for one like it.

it is clear now that since you long for such realism in games u have no life at all... go outside and tell me if everyone is dressed the way that you expect/want. If they ever put in bikinis and stuff like that, I will buy it and I will find you and I will show you what freedom of choice is with my MALE char.

lol, that's hilarious, so you have no real rebuttal so you choose to insult me instead, good for you my friend stick to your guns!
  • blackevil86
    blackevil86
    ✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    Throren wrote: »
    Yes it is fiction but you still have to apply realism to it. Look at Dragon age, it's fantasy (elves, dwarves, demons, dragons magic, the whole shabang) and they do armour pretty legit and even reference to "boob plate" and how stupid it is (even in their fantasy setting) with the quote posted earlier between iron Bull and Cassandra.

If we just go - "Well it's fiction/fantasy, you can't app;y realism" Where do you draw the line? I want my character to jump as high as a mountain! Gravity? Pft stop trying to apply realism into my fantasy!

there is no physics in ESO therefore there is no gravity. Its just a constant check for ground collision and in case there is none, the "body" will be moved down until collision is reached. Where is the realism in that? It is fictionally represented to emulate reality, but no physical laws apply. Basically its just like PACMAN with z-axis. And now try to say there is realism in PACMAN...

Actually when you jump it is based on physics built into the engine.

Actually the engine needs to include a physics engine to apply actual force like gravity to the physical object. ESO does not include such a feature so it all moves by relocating the object on xyz. U can use math functions to "emulate" the jump and fall speeds and other movements so they look like driven by physics. But they are not. Try jumping with a horse down the stairs and turning mid air and you will understand what i'm talking about.
  • blackevil86
    blackevil86
    ✭✭
    someone always uses this argument to justify themselves, look we all get that it's a game, what we're saying is we like the more realistic design choices they've made and would prefer they stay that was as opposed to having everyone run around dressed up like they were "actors" in "The lord of the Bangs: Fellowship of the bang"you can feel free to disagree with those of us that like things as is, and we'll continue to disagree with you.

Isn't CHOICE part of the realism u seek? Oh, so u never see boobs hanging out irl? Or a dude that want to show off his fake muscles?

Freedom of choice m8...

uhm, i don't know where this whole choice thing came from, unless you are referenceing design choices by the dev team....in which case i think you need to work on your reading comprehension. But go online and see if you can find a bullet proof vest with a boob window, i haven't looked but i'll bet you can't find one, it's not funtional that way, you wouldn't find it in anything beyond ceremonial non functional armors either, and thats the setting the devs created, and i for one like it.

it is clear now that since you long for such realism in games u have no life at all... go outside and tell me if everyone is dressed the way that you expect/want. If they ever put in bikinis and stuff like that, I will buy it and I will find you and I will show you what freedom of choice is with my MALE char.

lol, that's hilarious, so you have no real rebuttal so you choose to insult me instead, good for you my friend stick to your guns!

It wasnt ment as an insult, just stating the facts.
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭

Freedom of choice m8...

It wasnt ment as an insult, just stating the facts.

LOL, there are no facts involved, but keep it up you set a proud example XD
  • Eliteseraph
    Eliteseraph
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't find the exact article I was looking for, but Imgur to the rescue! A pretty good read, short, with pictures too!

http://imgur.com/gallery/pIh4A

Gaming still has a long way to go when it comes to good armor design, both for men and women. But things are coming along nicely. At least we have games like ESO where female armor at least looks like armor instead of a costume designed to show off some supermodel's assets.
    "What a sad world we live in, where politeness is mistaken for weakness." - Usagi Yojimbo
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is fiction but you still have to apply realism to it.
    No, I actually don't have to apply anything. Don't presume you have the authority to define what kind of realism anyone has to apply to her/his fantasy, for heaven's sake.
    look we all get that it's a game, what we're saying is we like the more realistic design choices they've made and would prefer they stay
    Ah well, we as in the other we that you were not talking for prefer to have an option to get what we want.
    Edited by Keron on April 9, 2015 4:52PM
  • xaade
    xaade
    ✭✭✭
    She wore medium armour that consisted of a leather bra and skirt. It had 0 value as armour.

Got to love the book "NPCs"... or was it "Critical Failures"?

In it, one of the characters asks how bikini armor is useful at all.

The player character responds that somehow the enemies always end up hitting the armor. They can begin to aim at the gaps and then magnetically they're drawn to the armor.
    Edited by xaade on April 9, 2015 4:50PM
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭

Freedom of choice m8...

What's funnier is anyone arguing realism about a game that you can die in PvP 1 zillion times with no armor damage at all (unless you pull a Percy off a cliff), where you run around without a soul, shooting fire from a stick at zombies, becoming a vampire or werewolf, calling meteors down from the sky while fighting a god, crafting a set of armor in 5 minutes all while pretending to be a gender you aren't… and on and on…

I hope they do put some stuff in the crown store to satisfy folks.

I liked the boob window. :open_mouth:
  • xaade
    xaade
    ✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    24670_front.jpg

Good thing we're no longer living in the 1990s, I Guess...

Because in the 90s games were mostly played by boys.

You market to your audience.
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    I'm all for skimpy - as long as it is offered for BOTH GENDERS. As soon as this game starts pandering to female skimpy only (like TERA did), then I'll be gone so fast you won't see me for the dust.

I understand that this game can't be modded, but there are straight women and gay men playing this game as well as straight guys, we want to see skin too. Especially as there are so many tattoo and body paint options - pretty useless having any, if all we do is cover them all up.

In town, my guys often go around shirtless, especially the khajiits. Such beautiful work on their fur patterns, just to be covered up.

^^^ This. So this. Edit for clarity: if we're have to have skimpy, it should go both ways.

One thing I've liked about the Elder Scroll series is armor for women that looks like armor. In Oblivion, there was "skirt" armor (the iron armor for women had a kind of skirt IIR) but it still managed to look like armor. Another example would the be the Roman-esque armor in Skyrim (and Morrowind).

But why do I think those armors still wouldn't satisfy some people, including the OP's "wife"? Clearly, they don't show enough skin and women are all about showing skin, right? It's what makes us women.

Seriously, I have NEVER put on armor in a video game, faced with the possibility of dying at the hands of bandits, daedra and other monsters with the thought that I need to look more like a woman.

Gender issues aside, I am frustrated that ESO removed the Redguard light armor (for example: the Sea Drake armor set). I have two reasons for my frustration:

(1) The removal was unnecessary. The explanation given by ESO in a video posted in another thread does not make sense. If there was a texture problem, then there should be a texture problem for all assets, not just one set of armor (so Bosmer and costumes as well). It wasn't revealing, but it was very popular, which leads me to my second frustration:

(2) I suspect they removed the armor to put it behind a money gate. I think the armor will make a reappearance but within the crown store, where you will have to buy it either as a costume or a more expensive armor. That is the only reason for the removal that makes any degree of sense.

Edited by IrishGirlGamer on April 9, 2015 4:59PM
    Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭

Freedom of choice m8...

What's funnier is anyone arguing realism about a game that you can die in PvP 1 zillion times with no armor damage at all (unless you pull a Percy off a cliff), where you run around without a soul, shooting fire from a stick at zombies, becoming a vampire or werewolf, calling meteors down from the sky while fighting a god, crafting a set of armor in 5 minutes all while pretending to be a gender you aren't… and on and on…

I think it's funny how people can gloss over the meaning of something just so it'll fit with their own opinion, i've stated throughout my posts that i like their more realistic armor design choices, not that they had to be realistic because it would have any real impact on effectiveness. like i said above, yes i realize this is a game, and none of it is real, but i like the look of the more realistic design especially when compared to metal bikini armor. Happily for me, and those that agree with me, the devs created a world where these armor styles are the norm.
  • blackevil86
    blackevil86
    ✭✭
    I couldn't find the exact article I was looking for, but Imgur to the rescue! A pretty good read, short, with pictures too!

Gaming still has a long way to go when it comes to good armor design, both for men and women. But things are coming along nicely. At least we have games like ESO where female armor at least looks like armor instead of a costume designed to show off some supermodel's assets.

That might apply to reality, but in a game, U CAN'T EVEN TRIP like that. Before looking for realism in appearances in game, try to find realism in mechanics to go along with it. As it is, it doesn't matter how much skin is exposed since what matters are the sheer numbers that define that exact piece of gear. That's why I really can't seem to understand why are so many of you AGAINST more cosmetic choices since it wouldn't hurt your own RP. Just your eyes...if u are gay xD (joke)
  • Taz
    Taz
    ✭✭✭
    I really prefer to see armor that isn't designed with a sexual gaze in mind. I'm glad ESO hasn't gone this route, even though I really do wish there were armor choices that don't have boob-bumps and look unisex (note: armor =/= masculine, nor does it equal not-feminine).

IF costumes or armor are put in that are skimpy, they had better function the same way on both genders. It's the worst feeling to me in other MMOs when I see some guy with awesome-looking leather armor, and then I hunt it down, put it on, and suddenly I have a leather bikini and thong and look absolutely ridiculous instead of awesome. It really cheapens the experience and basically tells me that as a woman, it's expected of me to feed someone else's wet dream. If it looks skimpy on a woman, it should look skimpy on a man, and vice versa. Also, preferably, it should make sense to look this way; tribal clothes of Reachmen or light and airy clothes designed for deserts, Argonian outfits that show more scale than not, and so on. Not plate bikinis and chainmail fishnet stockings and miniskirts. Please.

Also, to the folks bashing the "feminists and prudes", I'm not so sure this game is for you. ESO, and TES in general, leans toward being heavily egalitarian; both genders can work in the same roles without a single eyebrow raised. You can see this from the guards to priests to bandits, to, yes, the armor choices, the heroes, the leaders, generals, villains, etc. Your "all women are naked slaves to serve manly Dragonborn" mods =/= TES.

EDIT: "Realism", while appreciated, isn't the 'problem' in my opinion. It's respect. I do prefer realistic-looking armors, yes, but it comes down to respecting both genders and their even role in the world. Equal, with skimpy armor, means everyone gets a butt-window, not just girls. Or we can just, y'know, not go that route.
    Edited by Taz on April 9, 2015 5:14PM
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game BREAKS realism.

Just look at the sun during a lunar eclipse in the game. You can obviously tell that they have not taken Einstein's general theory of relativity into account. It's very clear that the position of the stars did not change at all, and the light was not bent by gravity, as it should be. Time and space are programmed to be static. I'm just disgusted with this break in realism.

This is such an egregious violation compared to bikini armor that a discussion is not even warranted here. Bring on the boob plate!
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taz wrote: »
    ... Also, to the folks bashing the "feminists and prudes", I'm not so sure this game is for you. ESO, and TES in general, leans toward being heavily egalitarian; both genders can work in the same roles without a single eyebrow raised. You can see this from the guards to priests to bandits, to, yes, the armor choices, the heroes, the leaders, generals, villains, etc. Your "all women are naked slaves to serve manly Dragonborn" mods =/= TES.

One of the reasons I've always admired the TES franchise. Sure, there are literally dozens and dozens of skimpy armor/female slave mods for the other TES games but then I don't have to play them, do I?

I just took a minute to look through the three threads on this topic that on the first few pages of this forum and I noticed something interesting ... every single picture posted ... is of a female character. Every single one.

And yet the people who seem to be really upset about this are men. Or people's wives and girlfriends who are OUTRAGED but can't come to the computer and express that outrage despite assurances that they play the game all the time (and one would assume have a forum account of their own ...)

:)

Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    ... Also, to the folks bashing the "feminists and prudes", I'm not so sure this game is for you. ESO, and TES in general, leans toward being heavily egalitarian; both genders can work in the same roles without a single eyebrow raised. You can see this from the guards to priests to bandits, to, yes, the armor choices, the heroes, the leaders, generals, villains, etc. Your "all women are naked slaves to serve manly Dragonborn" mods =/= TES.

One of the reasons I've always admired the TES franchise. Sure, there are literally dozens and dozens of skimpy armor/female slave mods for the other TES games but then I don't have to play them, do I?

I just took a minute to look through the three threads on this topic that on the first few pages of this forum and I noticed something interesting ... every single picture posted ... is of a female character. Every single one.

And yet the people who seem to be really upset about this are men. Or people's wives and girlfriends who are OUTRAGED but can't come to the computer and express that outrage despite assurances that they play the game all the time (and one would assume have a forum account of their own ...)

lol are you saying my sweetroll is female? i prefer to think of it as asexual but still yummy :P
  • blackevil86
    blackevil86
    ✭✭

that minute was not enough if u only saw pics... read trough and you will understand the exact thing you are trying to point out ;)
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭

Freedom of choice m8...

I think it's funny how people can gloss over the meaning of something just so it'll fit with their own opinion, i've stated throughout my posts that i like their more realistic armor design choices, not that they had to be realistic because it would have any real impact on effectiveness. like i said above, yes i realize this is a game, and none of it is real, but i like the look of the more realistic design especially when compared to metal bikini armor. Happily for me, and those that agree with me, the devs created a world where these armor styles are the norm.

My comment was for everyone not just narcissists… and sorry, the Devs have already hinted through ESO LIVE during the Q&A where they were talking about the "Boob Window" BY NAME, that they will possibly be adding (if it means $$ and doesn't break the game then it means yes) this type of attire as costumes to the crown store.

Hey… I'm a guy playing guy characters… I like the armor we got and the armor the ladies got aint half bad either, but at the same time, I had no issue with the window of boob and neither did the women I run with in PvE and PvP. The ARENA box on the other hand was just eye candy puberty fodder, even though I was 25 when it came out <cough> <cough>, and has no place in this game, I agree.

/shrug at my opinion.

• Eliteseraph
    Eliteseraph
    ✭✭✭

That might apply to reality, but in a game, U CAN'T EVEN TRIP like that. Before looking for realism in appearances in game, try to find realism in mechanics to go along with it. As it is, it doesn't matter how much skin is exposed since what matters are the sheer numbers that define that exact piece of gear. That's why I really can't seem to understand why are so many of you AGAINST more cosmetic choices since it wouldn't hurt your own RP. Just your eyes...if u are gay xD (joke)

But that's just it. Even fantasy games are influenced by reality. A game has to have enough of it to feel plausible, exactly the same way a movie or a book does. (BTW, you can fall flat on your face if you jump off a cliff, and can be knocked down as well as falling off your horse).

If the aim is to make a game where women are respected as warriors just as much as their male counterparts, then a certain level of realism needs to be applied. Not all of it, of course, since we have ghosts, magic swords, soul magic, dragons, etc flying around everywhere. But at the same time you don't want to look at a a piece of gear and think: "That just wouldn't work, even with magic."

But you're right, it really just does boil down to perception.

I have a lot of experience with real life armor and weapons(many many friends in the SCA, as well a historical interest in medieval equipment). I've done my homework. My perception is that most of the armor in fantasy games, while nice to look at, is completely impractical. I see some things in games that completely ruins my enjoyment. Bad stances, horrible footwork, impractical armor, holding weapons wrong, swinging weapons wrong. There's an entire list!

Don't get me wrong! I LIKE the way women look. I like boobs!(Who doesn't!?). But I also like strong female characters who I can respect; who actually know what they're doing. Armor sets with ridiculous gaps in the protection just to show off some skin ruins that.

I guess it all comes down to personal preference. And maybe that's where Zenimax can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Costume options in the crown store. You want to look like a bimbo showing off some skin? Wear a skimpy costume. You want to look like a warrior, wear a heavy armor costume. That's one thing games like WoW and Rift and Wildstar have done right with their cosmetic options. Giving people options.
    Edited by Eliteseraph on April 9, 2015 5:36PM
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want to show off your character's boobs? Don't wear upper body armor!!! You will get two birds with one shot- your char will look slutty and you will get realism!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    OP: Your wife doesn't like the V1 Dunmer and Argonian lights?

There is some cool stuff out there, you just have to take the time to find it.

Like @bellanca6561n, my characters have "in town" outfits made from stolen clothes and low-level armor. With wykkyd's outfitter, it's really easy to switch around.

Yes, all praise Wykknd's outfitter. Pity he's leaving the game but I trust one of the dedicated modders will pick up his work. He's offering it to some of the more steadfast ones.

The part that makes me feel strange getting into arguments about that is that I agree with the people who think armor should be armor. But in every online game that had decent avatars and clothing options, from Ultima Online on, I always dressed my characters for town differently than I dressed them for battle.

I have most of the regular clothes that came with version 1.6. Here's my Templar in the corseted "low-cut" dress. It fits pretty well the nature of this character....a Dunmer, yes, but with an open, innocent face.

Sela%20Plain%20Dress_zpsbew5olhw.png

And, indeed, I don't know by what definition or sensibility it could be called low cut. Doesn't matter for this character as she's not the bawdy barmaid.

But there should be the bawdy barmaid outfit. And the formal gown. And the slinky dress. Formal wear for men.

In fashion there is expression and pageantry, naughtiness and wholesomeness, playfulness and dignity.

But let's just say there are many elements in line ahead of this. In the end the Orc heavy chest didn't suit Orcs. Oh but how I would love to have Redguard light back *sighs*
  • blackevil86
    blackevil86
    ✭✭
    Lettigall wrote: »
    You want to show off your character's boobs? Don't wear upper body armor!!! You will get two birds with one shot- your char will look slutty and you will get realism!

would that be ok to u? so what's the difference from having sluty costumes?
    Edited by blackevil86 on April 9, 2015 5:51PM
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The salty in this thread is beyond real.

Simmer down folks.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    Don't have to be armors. Could just be costumes from the crown store. In fact, I'd prefer it that way. Armors get dropped or discarded every time you find something better. With costume, you can keep the same look no matter what armor you wear.
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭

Freedom of choice m8...

My comment was for everyone not just narcissists… and sorry, the Devs have already hinted through ESO LIVE during the Q&A where they were talking about the "Boob Window" BY NAME, that they will possibly be adding (if it means $$ and doesn't break the game then it means yes) this type of attire as costumes to the crown store.

Hey… I'm a guy playing guy characters… I like the armor we got and the armor the ladies got aint half bad either, but at the same time, I had no issue with the window of boob and neither did the women I run with in PvE and PvP. The ARENA box on the other hand was just eye candy puberty fodder, even though I was 25 when it came out <cough> <cough>, and has no place in this game, I agree.

/shrug at my opinion.

lol why does everyone resort to name calling.

As for them hinting they may add that kind of costume, well, that's disappointing, imo as long as it isn't slutty plate, it's whatever, i find the concept ridiculous, but light/medium armor serves a different purpose, and clothing can be anything, unless you live in a harsh climate you wear it to not be naked, so it's fashion is irrelevant.

I play ffxiv, and the default clothing for a female of a certain race is a revealing version of a catholic school girl outfit, i think it's silly, but that's the world they created, and i know plenty of female players there that like the slooty look too. Doesn't mean i have to.

I'm not debating whether it's right or wrong to "dress" any certain way i'm just expressing my opinion that i prefer the less sexualized armor and clothing. it's kinda nice for once to to see a game where you aren't bombarded with that sort of thing.

Oh and as far as the cover art for the arena game, yeah it's goofy, but that's just marketing, it's not necessarily what the devs had in mind, look at the covers of "fantasy" novels i doubt many were drawn by the authors.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    Yes it is fiction but you still have to apply realism to it. Look at Dragon age, it's fantasy (elves, dwarves, demons, dragons magic, the whole shabang) and they do armour pretty legit and even reference to "boob plate" and how stupid it is (even in their fantasy setting) with the quote posted earlier between iron Bull and Cassandra.

If we just go - "Well it's fiction/fantasy, you can't app;y realism" Where do you draw the line? I want my character to jump as high as a mountain! Gravity? Pft stop trying to apply realism into my fantasy!

there is no physics in ESO therefore there is no gravity. Its just a constant check for ground collision and in case there is none, the "body" will be moved down until collision is reached. Where is the realism in that? It is fictionally represented to emulate reality, but no physical laws apply. Basically its just like PACMAN with z-axis. And now try to say there is realism in PACMAN...

Actually when you jump it is based on physics built into the engine.

Actually the engine needs to include a physics engine to apply actual force like gravity to the physical object. ESO does not include such a feature so it all moves by relocating the object on xyz. U can use math functions to "emulate" the jump and fall speeds and other movements so they look like driven by physics. But they are not. Try jumping with a horse down the stairs and turning mid air and you will understand what i'm talking about.

http://wiki.heroengine.com/wiki/Physics_Server

http://www.heroengine.com/herocloud/tech-features/
    HeroEngine has all the tools you would expect from a modern game engine – world building and scripting, 3D rendering, physics, and so much more! For an in-depth look at all the tech features in HeroEngine, read more here. Source code licenses are also available upon request.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Game allows you to show off your characters boobs and ass but you have to sacrifice your armor rating. And if you care so much about look then lower armor rating and 1 less set armor peace shouldn't be obstacle for you. Why waste resources on making *** costumes when players already can dress like ***?
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭

Game allows you to show off your characters boobs and ass but you have to sacrifice your armor rating. And if you care so much about look then lower armor rating and 1 less set armor peace shouldn't be obstacle for you. Why waste resources on making *** costumes when players already can dress like ***?

simple, people will pay money for those costumes. Hence, not a waste of resources. "Waste" infers no return on investment. Clearly, that would not be the case.