Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

We would like more feminine armors

• liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Keron wrote: »
    I hate to use real world examples but...
    If you all hate it so much to give "real world examples", why the heck do you do it? Just stop it. No need to do things you hate. I promise, it will all be good even without them.

It was the only way how I could describe how armour is a tool that serves a purpose unfortunately.
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    HaldaAinur wrote: »
    I for one would like macho and pretty armor to appear. I don't mean boobs and butts huggers- just flattering, and decorated armor, for both sexes.

The armor we currently have is flattering, but sometimes we want something a little more grandoise, a little more flashy. Add a few flower patterns, spiky armor and such. I can think of plenty of ways to make girly heavy armor- ornate patterning/carvings in the metal, belts with more elegant designs, jewlerry you can actually see, nymph and tribal style costumes. Why not sell pattern/skin packs that you can apply to armor the same way you do dyes? Something as small as that can completely change a look. I like how so many people in this thread immediately assumed OP was demanding cleavage windows and lingerie... :D

I agree,I mean the armor in the game isnt detailed or unique at all :/ wish we could have something with all kinds of accessoaries in them,More detailed armors like in the cinematic trailers
    Yeah, I always find myself a little put down when the necklaces and rings aren't visible. A bone or even flower necklace would be nice, same goes for belts and gloves. The gloves can look well rather plain, and just having some extra detail could easily spruce em up.

I really would love to see textures and patterns added in though, either bought at the crown store, or unlocked with more achievements. Say a 'battered texture' for your armors if you get defeated several times, a 'polished shine' if you go so long without getting killed. People love collecting dyes, and this could be expanded into not just extra detailing but unique visible accessories :)
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I for one would like macho and pretty armor to appear. I don't mean boobs and butts huggers- just flattering, and decorated armor, for both sexes.

The armor we currently have is flattering, but sometimes we want something a little more grandoise, a little more flashy. Add a few flower patterns, spiky armor and such. I can think of plenty of ways to make girly heavy armor- ornate patterning/carvings in the metal, belts with more elegant designs, jewlerry you can actually see, nymph and tribal style costumes. Why not sell pattern/skin packs that you can apply to armor the same way you do dyes? Something as small as that can completely change a look. I like how so many people in this thread immediately assumed OP was demanding cleavage windows and lingerie... :D

I agree,I mean the armor in the game isnt detailed or unique at all :/ wish we could have something with all kinds of accessoaries in them,More detailed armors like in the cinematic trailers
    Yeah, I always find myself a little put down when the necklaces and rings aren't visible. A bone or even flower necklace would be nice, same goes for belts and gloves. The gloves can look well rather plain, and just having some extra detail could easily spruce em up.

I really would love to see textures and patterns added in though, either bought at the crown store, or unlocked with more achievements. Say a 'battered texture' for your armors if you get defeated several times, a 'polished shine' if you go so long without getting killed. People love collecting dyes, and this could be expanded into not just extra detailing but unique visible accessories :)

That's one thing I have noticed the art style in realistic looking MMO's always tends to look bland when it comes to armour. Where as more cartoonie MMO's like WoW have some amazing armour sets.
  • Moiskormoimi
    Moiskormoimi
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. As a female player, I don't want their version of 'more feminine'. What I want is more epic armor types like glass armor (not this game, I know).
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »
    I would like to point out one thing here. Armour isn't masculine or feminine. It servers a function and looks the way it does to suit that purpose.

I hate to use real world examples but would you ware a skimpy heat *** suit to go study a volcano? Or a slimy hazmat suit in a plague outbreak?

What function do the robes in this game serve in relation to your example?

And why can't they be more feminine and serve the exact same purpose? : o

Armour hinders magic so you ware cloth. come on that's fantasy RPG 101.

Armour isn't a fashion statement it's a tool. You don't go looking for the prettiest looking hammer or screwdriver, you choose the one that serves its purpose.

Exactly how does having a more feminine cloth outfit hinder you from practicing magic MORE than long bulky robes...?
  • Throren
    Throren
    ✭✭✭
    Semi-off topic

Some banter from dragon age

Iron Bull: Ah, that’s some good armor.
    Cassandra: Are you referring to me?
    Iron Bull: Some high-ranking women wear ornamental crap with *** hammered into it.
    Iron Bull: One good shot, and all that cleavage gets knocked right into the sternum. Real messy.
    Iron Bull: Good on you for going practical.
    Cassandra: I aim to please.
    Iron Bull: Leaves something to the imagination, too.

That said though, not saying no to more feminine armours (heck the sets in game still show off your curves, it's not like putting on armour suddenly makes your girls flat so to speak) But no need for all their 'assets' to be hanging out in the open as if this was Scarlet Blade or Tera
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to point out one thing here. Armour isn't masculine or feminine. It servers a function and looks the way it does to suit that purpose.

I hate to use real world examples but would you ware a skimpy heat *** suit to go study a volcano? Or a slimy hazmat suit in a plague outbreak?

Armour isn't a fashion statement it's a tool. You don't go looking for the prettiest looking hammer or screwdriver, you choose the one that serves its purpose.

Exactly how does having a more feminine cloth outfit hinder you from practicing magic MORE than long bulky robes...?

Since when has cloth been considered armour?
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    This type of skimpy or not battle has been raging in these forums since release, I for one don't think it'll ever end, but it seems with their current design choices they've answered the debate long before it began. I for one prefer the current styles and lack of chainmail bikini armors.

IMO the key to remember is there is a contextual difference between a high fantasy setting, and a hand down the pants fantasy.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As women in general, love to dress up. They like the beautiful feminine clothes. This is same in the game.
    Argonian Cloth Lvl1 armor or the Dark Seducer costume is feminine armor..

This thread isn't about traditional armour, I don't think. The OP is talking about all of the "armors", which include light and medium.

At least, that's how I take it seeing as how he considers Argonian Cloth Lvl 1 as armor in the very first post.
    Eivar wrote: »
    IMO the key to remember is there is a contextual difference between a high fantasy setting, and a hand down the pants fantasy.

Have you even SEEN Nocturnal's Robes?

Edited by Varicite on April 9, 2015 3:35PM
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭

I have, but just because a daedric prince dresses that way doesn't mean it should become the norm, in reality there are many places where less clothes and more skin are the norm, because it's functionally better that way, I'm not saying there shouldn't be ANY skin and we should all be covered head to toe, i'm just saying that chainmail bikinis and such imo have no place in this type of setting.
    Edited by Eivar on April 9, 2015 3:41PM
  • Throren
    Throren
    ✭✭✭

How does a daedric prince wearing a skimpy dress equate to players/the people of tamriel wearing skimpy armour? Skimpy CLOTHING, yes, it makes sense. Especially in warmer areas or in less...reputable areas *cough Ebon Flask cough* But armour? No.
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

As women in general, love to dress up. They like the beautiful feminine clothes. This is same in the game.
    Argonian Cloth Lvl1 armor or the Dark Seducer costume is feminine armor..

This thread isn't about traditional armour, I don't think. The OP is talking about all of the "armors", which include light and medium.

At least, that's how I take it seeing as how he considers Argonian Cloth Lvl 1 as armor in the very first post.

Oh we was on different wave lengths there then.

Do what you want with cloth, but leather and plate serves a purpose and should reflect that.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throren wrote: »

How does a daedric prince wearing a skimpy dress equate to players/the people of tamriel wearing skimpy armour? Skimpy CLOTHING, yes, it makes sense. Especially in warmer areas or in less...reputable areas *cough Ebon Flask cough* But armour? No.

But it does beg the question of heavy armour in the alik'r desert.
    I mean if we are talking practical clothing....you'd be a cooked turkey ready for stuffing after 5 minutes.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see something along those lines... nocturnals looks like something you'd expect for a costume or stealable clothing, and a light "fur" armor crafting style, or medium "ancient nord - nedic" styles would fit well I suppose. (come to think of it, those two could be the same style... one for light, one for medium...)

But generally I really love it how the armors in ESO look functional, and not like "dancing girl dressed up in a chainmail bra". Not like that look wouldn't fit into some locales (ebon flask, anyone? Though the boys there would want something of the same style then... and naturally I expect that sort of thing will eventually make its way into the crown store, I just hope when it does, the PTB will do something suitable for both genders!) but it has no place in battle, no matter what red sonja comics would have people believe...
    Back to armor... it darn well ought to look like it was meant to keep the pointy end of the enemies weapon away from your squishy innards to keep most of the red stuff in your vains and not on the ground at your slayers feet. Even light armored robes and such look better now I reckon, with more coverage then some of the skimpy designs that went away recently - after all, now we DO have "civilian clothing" (currently to steal only, but... that could change in time), which would far better fill the need to dress skimpy at times for roleplaying reasons (foregoing armor protection and support if you choose so).

That said, what I'd love most is more varietee in our crafting. Like, say, more along the lines of "robe/jerkin" for light armor chestpiece...
    ...perhaps heaver "winter" version (with padded cloth and fur lining...) of armor chestpieces in each crafting style and a lighter "summer" version (possibly sleeveless & of obviously lighter construction and such)?
    ...and for the legs, some could use a bit of varietee too, how about adding a "kilt/skirt" option to the current pants? I am pretty sure it would look great with imperial style, and nifty with others as well...
    ...or helmets, I'd love to see heavy helmets available in both open face version and closed visor style. Or medium headpieces both as the current helmet and also as facemask style, perhaps?
    The show wasn't cancelled she was perma banned for exploiting. :open_mouth:
    ROTFL :lol:
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »

But it does beg the question of heavy armour in the alik'r desert.
    I mean if we are talking practical clothing....you'd be a cooked turkey ready for stuffing after 5 minutes.

Which is why any career soldier living in a desert would never wear full heavy armor, probably just medium, or a combination of heavy and light pieces, and only ever be fully armored for a short period of time, If you think about it, is the middle east noted in history for inventing heavy plate armors?
  • Siluen
    Siluen
    ✭✭✭✭

When you're a badass Deadric prince you can get away with wearing whatever you like, really! =p

I'm all for feminine armor, but I do not agree on the fact that a chain bikini is what feminine armor means. I really love highly detailed, elegant pieces. And to be honest, I find my character running around in a leather catsuit a lot more appealing than half-naked, which mostly just makes me laugh at the unpractical predicament my character is in. (Running with a chain thong between your buttcheeks, it hurts thinking about it.)

It also rather depends on the type of armor your wearing, cutting out a piece of your plate armor to show off your boobs seems a bit questionable. But cleavage on a nice robe makes a lot more sense, it looks nice and the thin piece of cloth that would have been there is not going to stop an arrow anyway.

An example of feminine armor I really like would be the Lustmord armor mod from Skyrim. It has a light armor corset, so it has a bit of "boobwindow" going on, but if you were to close it up top it would make for a very lovely full armor as well.
  • blackevil86
    blackevil86
    ✭✭
    [
    Do what you want with cloth, but leather and plate serves a purpose and should reflect that.

And what purpose is that? Oh u mean the fictional protection they give? Everything in a game is fiction. Even gear. U can make a bikini have 200% more protection than a full heavy set on a whim, just for the lulz... And who are you to judge me if i go around like that for my own personal pleasure doing the same stuff u do in your HA?

There would be a difference if the fiction was closer to reality, but be honest to yourselves, wearing cloth irl u die from 1 hit on the head with a resto staff. In game, cloth is just like heavy armour just weaker. Its like having layered gear. Heavy armour has lets say 10 layers of protection, while cloth only has 3. but it has protection, contrary to reality, where it does not.

Stop looking for realism in fiction. Or i will start implying that Smaug is not even close to what a dragon is supposed to be. xD en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smaug
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah,Would be cool,Imagine certain achivments giving you cosmetic rewards like if you collect all lore books you get to have a huge book strapped to your belt or something :D maybe same with being good at alchemi you could have potion bottles on your belt,Really zos just need to be creative.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "My wife asked me to write to you."

I'm calling double bluff... she didn't ask, she doesn't exist (at least not in a real life human woman kind of way) :)
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's one thing I have noticed the art style in realistic looking MMO's always tends to look bland when it comes to armour. Where as more cartoonie MMO's like WoW have some amazing armour sets.

Esp os a realistic looking mmo? what? Well i get what you mean,I agree that the graphics and design of buildings and the world is good but the character and armor design are by no means realistic. Some look like toy weapons and armor
  • Throren
    Throren
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it is fiction but you still have to apply realism to it. Look at Dragon age, it's fantasy (elves, dwarves, demons, dragons magic, the whole shabang) and they do armour pretty legit and even reference to "boob plate" and how stupid it is (even in their fantasy setting) with the quote posted earlier between iron Bull and Cassandra.

If we just go - "Well it's fiction/fantasy, you can't app;y realism" Where do you draw the line? I want my character to jump as high as a mountain! Gravity? Pft stop trying to apply realism into my fantasy!
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP: Your wife doesn't like the V1 Dunmer and Argonian lights?

There is some cool stuff out there, you just have to take the time to find it.

Like @bellanca6561n, my characters have "in town" outfits made from stolen clothes and low-level armor. With wykkyd's outfitter, it's really easy to switch around.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    [

And what purpose is that? Oh u mean the fictional protection they give? Everything in a game is fiction. Even gear. U can make a bikini have 200% more protection than a full heavy set on a whim, just for the lulz... And who are you to judge me if i go around like that for my own personal pleasure doing the same stuff u do in your HA?

There would be a difference if the fiction was closer to reality, but be honest to yourselves, wearing cloth irl u die from 1 hit on the head with a resto staff. In game, cloth is just like heavy armour just weaker. Its like having layered gear. Heavy armour has lets say 10 layers of protection, while cloth only has 3. but it has protection, contrary to reality, where it does not.

Stop looking for realism in fiction. Or i will start implying that Smaug is not even close to what a dragon is supposed to be. xD en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smaug

someone always uses this argument to justify themselves, look we all get that it's a game, what we're saying is we like the more realistic design choices they've made and would prefer they stay that was as opposed to having everyone run around dressed up like they were "actors" in "The lord of the Bangs: Fellowship of the bang"you can feel free to disagree with those of us that like things as is, and we'll continue to disagree with you.
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I get why some people want their "immersion"... but this is an MMO, not single player. If it were, then we'd each be the only hero running around. There is nothing wrong with giving people options. We have to see everyone's pets, fugly characters half the time, men in bridal gowns now, skeletons, goblins, now draug, etc...all who are "barely" protected...yet their gear underneath those disguises is what protects them. You can justify this from a number of different angles, there's no good argument against it.

I would have no objection if the OP said feminine "costumes" such as the brides dress, skeletons, goblins......however he said armor. The armor is fine. If someone wants to look like a garden utensil ;) , make em buy it in the crown store as a skin

Yes I know, but then this thread split into different arguments. However, there is nothing wrong with more "revealing" armor. There are plenty of cases of more "feminine" armor being used in movies, tv, other video games, works of art, etc... No matter what is agreed or disagreed upon here, people would buy it, people would use it, and that would be perfectly okay because it would be their decision. Even light armor is a robe.... a robe. Heavy armor doesn't cover every inch either depending on the level and style. Then you can find open-toed heavy boots in the game, what of them? Why aren't they less armor value? Again, it's a fantasy game. That's the bottom-line.

Also, medium armor is basically leather, some of it sorta revealing depending on style again... and I'm certain they make more provocative "feminine" outfits in leather irl as well.

In an MMO, the more options when it comes to style, the better. We have way too many clones running around.
  • blackevil86
    blackevil86
    ✭✭
    Yes it is fiction but you still have to apply realism to it. Look at Dragon age, it's fantasy (elves, dwarves, demons, dragons magic, the whole shabang) and they do armour pretty legit and even reference to "boob plate" and how stupid it is (even in their fantasy setting) with the quote posted earlier between iron Bull and Cassandra.

If we just go - "Well it's fiction/fantasy, you can't app;y realism" Where do you draw the line? I want my character to jump as high as a mountain! Gravity? Pft stop trying to apply realism into my fantasy!

there is no physics in ESO therefore there is no gravity. Its just a constant check for ground collision and in case there is none, the "body" will be moved down until collision is reached. Where is the realism in that? It is fictionally represented to emulate reality, but no physical laws apply. Basically its just like PACMAN with z-axis. And now try to say there is realism in PACMAN...
  • blackevil86
    blackevil86
    ✭✭
    someone always uses this argument to justify themselves, look we all get that it's a game, what we're saying is we like the more realistic design choices they've made and would prefer they stay that was as opposed to having everyone run around dressed up like they were "actors" in "The lord of the Bangs: Fellowship of the bang"you can feel free to disagree with those of us that like things as is, and we'll continue to disagree with you.

Isn't CHOICE part of the realism u seek? Oh, so u never see boobs hanging out irl? Or a dude that want to show off his fake muscles?

Freedom of choice m8...
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭

Isn't CHOICE part of the realism u seek? Oh, so u never see boobs hanging out irl? Or a dude that want to show off his fake muscles?

Freedom of choice m8...

uhm, i don't know where this whole choice thing came from, unless you are referenceing design choices by the dev team....in which case i think you need to work on your reading comprehension. But go online and see if you can find a bullet proof vest with a boob window, i haven't looked but i'll bet you can't find one, it's not funtional that way, you wouldn't find it in anything beyond ceremonial non functional armors either, and thats the setting the devs created, and i for one like it.
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they go around dressed like xena then they should have their armour value cut down to 1/4 to reflect their choice of armour.

We already did... it's called Light Armor.

You never watched xena did you.

She wore medium armour that consisted of a leather bra and skirt. It had 0 value as armour.

Lies.

It protected the important parts against the Rays of Sun.

'bout it though.

• Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

there is no physics in ESO therefore there is no gravity. Its just a constant check for ground collision and in case there is none, the "body" will be moved down until collision is reached. Where is the realism in that? It is fictionally represented to emulate reality, but no physical laws apply. Basically its just like PACMAN with z-axis. And now try to say there is realism in PACMAN...

Actually when you jump it is based on physics built into the engine.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • blackevil86
    blackevil86
    ✭✭

Freedom of choice m8...

uhm, i don't know where this whole choice thing came from, unless you are referenceing design choices by the dev team....in which case i think you need to work on your reading comprehension. But go online and see if you can find a bullet proof vest with a boob window, i haven't looked but i'll bet you can't find one, it's not funtional that way, you wouldn't find it in anything beyond ceremonial non functional armors either, and thats the setting the devs created, and i for one like it.

it is clear now that since you long for such realism in games u have no life at all... go outside and tell me if everyone is dressed the way that you expect/want. If they ever put in bikinis and stuff like that, I will buy it and I will find you and I will show you what freedom of choice is with my MALE char.