Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

We would like more feminine armors

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Keron wrote: »
    Well, this little dropped piece can make a person forget the old Orc heavy chest piece.

The Encasement of Anguish....though seeing it on my Templar, Sela, brings me anything but ;)
    <pictures removed for readability>
    It looks more a bright, bright silver in the game and makes Selas skin look coal black.

The most provocative example I've seen was on a light skinned Dunmer gal with a Pact tattoo in the center of her chest.
    You have NO idea how I long for this piece! Which General does it drop from and where?
    I have found it on the very first anchor in Deshaan, with my nightblade, around the time I was level 16. It was restricted to level 18+. I kept it and waited until I could wear it and now I am incredibly happy about that. It is also the only piece of low level equipment I have retained until today.

Sadly, I can't help you with the general's name, but as I think they are kind of region dependent, maybe Deshaan will help you farm it.

Thank you so much. For me, Deshaan is Cadwell's content so it'll be VR gear at least. Yay!
    Each pre-vet zone has only 4 generals, but in vet zones all generals can appear at any dolmen. So it won't necessarily be Deshaan for you, it could be any vet zone.

Ah, good to know! Thank you! I wonder if the lower version appears anywhere in DC?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, this little dropped piece can make a person forget the old Orc heavy chest piece.

The Encasement of Anguish....though seeing it on my Templar, Sela, brings me anything but ;)
    It looks more a bright, bright silver in the game and makes Selas skin look coal black.

The most provocative example I've seen was on a light skinned Dunmer gal with a Pact tattoo in the center of her chest.
    You have NO idea how I long for this piece! Which General does it drop from and where?
    I have found it on the very first anchor in Deshaan, with my nightblade, around the time I was level 16. It was restricted to level 18+. I kept it and waited until I could wear it and now I am incredibly happy about that. It is also the only piece of low level equipment I have retained until today.

Sadly, I can't help you with the general's name, but as I think they are kind of region dependent, maybe Deshaan will help you farm it.

Thank you so much. For me, Deshaan is Cadwell's content so it'll be VR gear at least. Yay!
    Each pre-vet zone has only 4 generals, but in vet zones all generals can appear at any dolmen. So it won't necessarily be Deshaan for you, it could be any vet zone.

Ah, good to know! Thank you! I wonder if the lower version appears anywhere in DC?
    If they found it in Deshaan, then the equivalent DC zone, Stormhaven. But I don't know which boss drops it, maybe it's more than one, giving you a wider range of possible levels.
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they found it in Deshaan, then the equivalent DC zone, Stormhaven. But I don't know which boss drops it, maybe it's more than one, giving you a wider range of possible levels.
    Again, with a grain of salt: This quite old post from July 2014 gives the locations for the generals in pre-vet. I think it's easier to farm it there as the possible general spawns are more limited. Wherever else you go, it will not be a competitive piece of armor stat-wise anyways and for RP purpose, the level doesn't really matter.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, I believe it was the pirate who dropped it.

Edited by Keron on April 15, 2015 12:15PM
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sela%20encasement%20of%20anguish%201_zpscu0wcv7l.png
    sela%20encasement%20of%20anguish%202_zpsnnvfqxnr.png

As Rosveen noted It's not a *where* apart from Dolmens. This one dropped in Reapers March at VR 10 (if you're Pact) but I think it's the boss: The Seducer Sisters and not every time the Seducer Sisters appear.

Yeah, I went mental over this one too. And I almost lost it when doing a PUG in a VR3 zone and a guy was wearing it as pick up gear, having no idea it was the rarest drop in the game. He simply played the game in looted gear. And when it wears out he never repairs it....he just swaps it for more looted gear.

Heck, he dumped that piece in the middle of the pledge run we were doing. It's bind on equip *sigh*

I must have checked many major guild merchant malls (Windhelm, Wayrest, Rawl'kha, Mournhold, Ebonheart, Daggerfall, Elden Root, the Bandari Camp) most every day, plus every out of the way guild merchant I encountered.

Danged thing is never for sale.

Here it is on Andala, my main.

Andala%20Encasement%20Armor_zpsrvphpzgd.png
    Andala%20Encasement%20Armor%20-%20Contrast2_zpsyeko6tbh.png

Oh, and to all you folks who perist in posting that College Humor video about the fantasy female armor, keep in mind it's been posted in this topic a zillion times already. When it's posted yet again it says that the person posting it has not read what other people have had to say.

Yeah, that's normal, I know.

Same with the chainmail bikini and thong thing. The only point it makes is that you haven't been paying attention to the thread ;)

Personally I've never played a game that had alleged armor like that and it strikes me as bit too straw man...well straw women...in a bizarre outfit....
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    And to think...all this would have been solved if Zenimax had simply designed the game to allow cosmetic only modding of armor. Y'know...kinda like Morrowwind, Oblivion and Skyrim.

Then people would have complained because no one else can see how fabulous they look.

+1
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragnelus wrote: »
    Boy you mean something like this?

https://youtu.be/eLka4R4kkio

That will keep an arrow from breaking the skin, ZoS needs to make sexy armor so that players look good when the die?
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Shaarizad
    Shaarizad
    ✭✭
    Shaarizad wrote: »
    I'm not here to bash people for their personal preferences; I think that more revealing armor can be done well, such as with some Bosmer armor and the old sea drake costume. But I am opposed to the idea of adding chainmail bikinis and magical thong armor into the game, especially when there are so many other MMO's that have it and look so silly. Dark Seducer and Golden Saint armors are already available, and with a solid reasoning for why they exist and why they don't look as functional as other armor.
    This may be an MMO, but more than that it's an Elder Scrolls game. If you want more revealing armor, it has to fit the artistic style of The Elder Scrolls.

I agree with what you say but as someone who has read this entire thread I have YET to see a single instance of ANYONE asking for chainmail bikinis or a thong and garter set. Heck, know what I asked for? A full robe with the neckline that already exists on a Bosmer leather top. Scandalous, right? Sorry, but I'm just a little tired of people trying to make an argument that simply doesn't apply.

Fair enough. I am guilty of straw manning - I was responding in part to the people who were saying every armor in game is "prudish" or "looks like it was designed by monks and nuns", but I didn't need to continue the cycle of hyperbole. I support variety in neck lines and such, as long as it fits the artistic style. Some people seem to suggest that because light armor is just cloth, it could be any sort of clothing, but looking at the game shows us that there's a difference between light armor - mage robes - and everyday clothing. That doesn't mean it can't be a little more revealing, as long as it still looks like something a mage would wear.
  • DerpyShadowz
    DerpyShadowz
    ✭✭✭✭
    708d64c317a680c01aa73ac3d022de9a.jpg

I would also like to point out that the whole suit isn't armor.
    Technically the only parts armored are her bewbs, shoulders, upper arms, she's gauntleted, belt and kneepads...with minor upper thigh armor. Her belly is completely exposed as well as groin/*** area. On Krypton, any stab or cut or shot to those uncovered areas would be very disastrous.

Edited to show picture of Faora Ul

Maybe its Mithril and cant be penetrated by anything :wink: haha
    Edited by DerpyShadowz on April 15, 2015 12:58PM
    Lurking in the shadows.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forswearing all straw man arguments and extremes, my problem with the realism objections are the necessary fiction of a game like this.

You need to stab something multiple times and shoot enemies with multiple arrows to kill them. It's frankly absurd on one level to be plunging two axes, thrust a high rate of speed, producing sounds of blade penetration multiple times to a foe with binary combat capability.

They are either at full combat capability or they're dead. Their health state does not affect their ability to fight. Armor has nothing to do with it.

It's a necessary fiction for game play purposes.

But the underlying fiction of the game is realistic....for the NPCs.

Naryu kills a bad guy with one thrust. Duke Renchant dies the same way. So does the Colovian prisoner the Vinedusk rangers hold until they get the info out of her.

It would not be fun for us as players if it were realistic. It can be more realistic for NPCs because their role is to move the story along.

And, in some cases, it's damned near erotic for them:

Yeah....Bosmers can be a bit creepy ;)
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah....Bosmers can be a bit creepy ;)
    Hey! No insults! We are always creepy!
  • rlbolab14a_ESO
    Personally I would love to find something like this for my ranger

_product-page_rangeroutfitgenesis2female_.jpg
  • Zosia
    Zosia
    ✭✭✭
    These are some of the most endorsed armor mods for Skyrim on The Nexus, I personally think they look very feminine and not too revealing.

If any of them appeared in ESO, they would either be light or medium, since it's hard to make a feminine heavy armor that doesn't look stupid.

Lustmord Vampire Armor by AmethystDeceiver, uploaded by AmethystDeceiver
    Screenshot by StealthElement25852-1-1351731806.png

Triss Armor Retextured CBBE HDT by Psyke23 - oldholo - ChronoTrigger77, uploaded by Psyke23
    Screenshot by Psyke234708-1-1325722543.jpg

Demon Hunter Armor by Jojjo and GraceDarkling and zzjay, uploaded by zzjay
    Screenshot by KingUggi42169-2-1379263624.jpg

Demon Hunter Armor - CBBEv3 and UNP by BloodFree, uploaded by jmenaru
    Screenshot by Seren4XX27060-1-1353426345.jpg

Blood Witch Armor by Zerofrost Satyr, uploaded by Zerofrost
    Screenshot by misslexi21572-1-1364017924.jpg

Elven Archer Armor - UNP by NewerMind43, uploaded by newermind43
    Screenshot by 83Willow36036-3-1368722576.jpg

Unclaimed Delivery by SkyrimForDaWin, uploaded by SkyrimForDaWin
    Screenshot by Mideus37204-1-1371624468.jpg

Kameleon Armor CBBE-7Base-UNP-UNPB Body by davjes, uploaded by davjes
    Screenshot by davjes57530-3-1409022442.jpg

I know some of them are unrealistic, but so are most of the armors in ESO. And too much realism is, in my opinion, pretty boring. If I wanted realism, I wouldn't play videogames. ^^
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My problem with the armor is it just keeps getting fancier and fancier, more embroidery and bigger embellishments...

why so damn fancy?
    :smile:
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • IIxGH0STxII
    IIxGH0STxII
    ✭✭
    meh and I'm just sitting here waiting for cloaks, capes, wolf pelts to put over my shoulders and sleeveless armors :(
  • Morana
    Morana
    ✭✭✭
    If the armour is indeed designed on the male avatars, then fit to females, it definitely shows and explains the Nord armour. Especially the medium gear. I would love for my Nord to rock her own racial style, but bleh. The picture of Lagertha is a great example (despite the rest of the post) of a rocking good look for female Nords.