The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Templar Skills Bugged/made useless - IGNORED

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know did you get my answer @Soris However after my and my friend fail at AMA, my hopes for templars decreased.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes ty I saw the message just now^^
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templars are going to need some massive improvements if they're going to be viable, I don't see that happening. ZOS probably thought problem solved with Radiant Destruction, even though it fixed neither the offensive weaknesses nor the defensive ones.
    Edited by Zsymon on June 19, 2015 9:38AM
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping to see from this next patch, a true fix for those obvious bugs and some buffs for our defensive skills, most importantly the shield and aura. And ofc a complete rework to that stupid healing ritual and maybe jabs to make it instant instead of channel.
    I still have a hope :D
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, Sun Shield is 2D effect after all. Now i understood how they increased perfomance while BS is active :D
    image.jpg
    Zsymon wrote: »
    Templars are going to need some massive improvements if they're going to be viable, I don't see that happening. ZOS probably thought problem solved with Radiant Destruction, even though it fixed neither the offensive weaknesses nor the defensive ones.
    Well, RD is not fixed as it not breaking by LoS, sorry but fail again. :)
    Edited by Cinbri on June 19, 2015 10:25AM
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess he meant "ZoS thinks giving RD to templars fixes everything" Well in fact it's not. It created bigger problem. Survivability is almost halved for that trade and also due to the some unrelated things.
    Everyone who plays no templar hates that spell and I know many templar friend including myself don't like that spell at all. I would be much more happier if that trade wasn't happened at all. I mean the last thing we need/want is another channeled/hard casted ability lol right?
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    I guess he meant "ZoS thinks giving RD to templars fixes everything" Well in fact it's not. It created bigger problem. Survivability is almost halved for that trade and also due to the some unrelated things.
    Everyone who plays no templar hates that spell and I know many templar friend including myself don't like that spell at all. I would be much more happier if that trade wasn't happened at all. I mean the last thing we need/want is another channeled/hard casted ability lol right?
    Agree, just wanna add that they traded with new skill that still have LoS bug, animation bug and some people saying damage bug returned after unintended fix... I guess it could be counted as fail in all aspects.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing EC or TC you get some weird pathing. Instead of charging across a water puddle I sometimes get put on the scenic route. I am waiting for it to put me in a wall.

thats one of the most awefull effects a charged person can have as they are "stunned" during the charge happens(added to all charges in 2.0.9(?))
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know if Power of the Light is working correctly?

Someone is saying that it should return 130% of damage, but it is only returning 30%?
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know if Power of the Light is working correctly?

Someone is saying that it should return 130% of damage, but it is only returning 30%?
    Time passed but we still don't know http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/comment/1731824#Comment_1731824
    Seems "Working as intended™"
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soon(TM) console players will begin to notice these issues and the noise in forums will increase, then maybe we will see a fix ;)
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs will get stamina morphs, nightblades are currently rejoice on that detection pots issue. What have you got for templars? Come on now, show off us something please. Bug fixes? Little buffs here and there? Any progress so far on something?
    Anything?? Keep us entertained :D
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • LaughingJack
    LaughingJack
    ✭✭

actually i think Radiant Destruction is great, 'specially for finishing off wounded enemies.

i presume this: " I mean the last thing we need/want is another channeled/hard casted ability lol right?
    "
    is directed at your own friends etc., not the general public, as i imagine there are many players who would disagree.

i just had a mate go over my bow-templar on the weekend. he swapped out a couple of abilities and suggested i work the character differently in battle.
    all of the sudden chalk turns to cheese; ive gone from doing pitiful damage and dying too easily in Vet Pledges, to now being more than viable - to the point of taking out enemies 4-5 levels above me in normal PVE.
    Seeker of Shiny Objects
    Vapour Vehiculo De Dolor
    I7-920(2.6GHz), Win7-64, 8GB, HD4870-512, 40-90fps.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all of the sudden chalk turns to cheese; ive gone from doing pitiful damage and dying too easily in Vet Pledges, to now being more than viable - to the point of taking out enemies 4-5 levels above me in normal PVE.

PvE is not the problem though.

Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • LaughingJack
    LaughingJack
    ✭✭
    Oh indeedilly so! but it does give me a very good impression of what's now possible in Vet pledges ;-)
    Seeker of Shiny Objects
    Vapour Vehiculo De Dolor
    I7-920(2.6GHz), Win7-64, 8GB, HD4870-512, 40-90fps.
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get stuck (my char stops moving) with my templar and it usually happens when im using toppling charge,crit rush, puncturung sweep, crescent sweep. Mostly Aedric Spear abilities

The only way for me to get unstuck is to /stuck, die, or when an enemy knocks me up.
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    Soon(TM) console players will begin to notice these issues and the noise in forums will increase, then maybe we will see a fix ;)
    NtIiGli.jpg
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Replaced Spear Shards by Reflective Light for increasing aoe dps and crit and guess what?
    If target reflecting RL back on you, it may cause instant snare bug for you, while only relog or death will remove it.... Thx to Altaris I for helping me to realise it.
    Why am i not surprised.
    Edited by Cinbri on June 22, 2015 9:56AM
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get stuck (my char stops moving) with my templar and it usually happens when im using toppling charge,crit rush, puncturung sweep, crescent sweep. Mostly Aedric Spear abilities

The only way for me to get unstuck is to /stuck, die, or when an enemy knocks me up.

this is actually n ot a templar specific bug and happens with all charge skills and all chars.
    there is an insane but useful workaround:

open the crown shop, select a mount and preview it. then use the mouse to turn the horse. close the crown shop.
    voilà, you can move again.
    please link to this thred when other classes have the same problem. more people need to know about the templar sturggle :D
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/v/6357753?t=1h10m05s We will see how they listened forum feedback.
    Edited by Cinbri on June 23, 2015 7:36AM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please use the "ask us anything" sticky thread under the General Discussion section so that hopefully we can get some answers from the horse's mouth as Eric Wrobel will be on the Next episode of ESO Live.
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't read any of this. Mods only read ones that are flagged in the system for violations.
  • Rhakon
    Rhakon
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping to see from this next patch, a true fix for those obvious bugs and some buffs for our defensive skills, most importantly the shield and aura. And ofc a complete rework to that stupid healing ritual and maybe jabs to make it instant instead of channel.
    I still have a hope :D

this would be the minimum templars need.

in other posts about abilitys and probs answers from devs come much faster then for templar issues, i hope this is a good sign, maybe they can ignore us because there are already some fixes and changes for ur class in work.
    an update would be nice. @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    When, Zenimax? When?
    May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When, Zenimax? When?
    They answered on last ESO Live: "Soon™"
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can we have an ETA on these fixes/buffs?
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys, wake up!
    Nothing will be done for the Templar. They'll do very minuscule minor tweaking for other classes, Sorcerer Blink/Port, as well as Nirnh., etc. BUT there is not one official statement, not even a connotation, which expresses that there is a problem..They do not recognize any problems and they are not analyzing the player data (what is a player's main class? // how many Templars do PvP? // How many players are not earning enough CP because they play the game how they like it to play // Casual-PvP CP earning?? // etc. etc...these are all minor, not-so-interesting questions for them!).
    Spare your time and do something productive, or learn to life with the current state of the game. If you want the old (defensive) Blazing Shield back, play a sorcerer. If you want to do damage with your Templar, do either the "double empower buff"-spec combined with magicka-setup, or start saving money to buy the necessary +weapon damage equipment (500k+), or do whatever you like to do. But do not spend even a thought on any consistent BUFF for Templars, don't be optimistic, do not be disappointed!

/edit Best thing to do atm, in my opinion, is to farm mobs/undead/dogs in the VR 10 area. Get a +50% CP potion and do that ALL day long until the patch. This way you get CP ;-)
    Edited by Francescolg on June 30, 2015 5:40PM
  • Rhakon
    Rhakon
    ✭✭✭
    Lets hope we get some attention tomorrow.

Here you can ask questions for Eric Wrobel.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/188859/eso-live-july-2nd-questions-for-lead-combat-designer-eric-wrobel/p3
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom When can we expect these changes/ buffs?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom When can we expect these changes/ buffs?

I doubt she will respond but I would say your best bet is to watch Eric Wroebel there on ESO live today.