The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v1.6.3

• ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nooooo, why sprinter! I started to love you and shade so much! Why u leave shadow!? <crycry>

EDIT:

Super duber omega ultra awesome with the 5% less damage reduction for Siphoning Strikes!
    Edited by ShadowHvo on February 17, 2015 9:50PM
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Expert Mage: This passive ability has been changed. It now grants 2% Spell Power for each Sorcerer ability slotted instead of 10% reduced cost to lightning spells. Does this include Ultimates?
    Yes, Ultimates are included.

Wow. Thanks guys.... you ask for feedback, a mountain of it gets piled in front of you all saying the same thing, and this is what comes out of it? Who's feedback are you listening to? Obviously not the sorcs who actually play their sorcs as a main.
    Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Fixed an issue where potion buffs were not being applied when you had an ability active that applied the same buff.

So does that mean the potion buff stacks with the ability now? Or is this something to do with the other affect of a potion that might not entirely match with the buff?

Also wondering this!
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surge mana cost nerfed.
    Bolt Escape mana cost nerfed.
    Execute ability mana cost nerfed.
    Overload nerfed.
    Crystal Fragments procs NOT fixed.
    Shields reduced 15%.

Gained +6% spell damage....I JUST lol'd in my office as I typed this post...Im not even kidding.
    Edited by c0rp on February 17, 2015 9:44PM
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • BalerionBlackDread
    BalerionBlackDread
    ✭✭✭
    Bashing critters now kills them. They are fragile, and we are monsters.

pymmc9s4c5j8.jpg
    Edited by BalerionBlackDread on February 17, 2015 9:43PM
  • ashlee17
    ashlee17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I can't wait for this to hit live so I can try all these changes for myself! Can't wait to become a master thief!

Sadly no love for guilds :)
    We will have keep campaigning for better guild tools for us all to enjoy.

Click my signature to join the call to action!
    Edited by ashlee17 on February 17, 2015 9:47PM
    Administrator of More Than Fair Guild- North American Server- Come and Join us for a fun and friendly experience - 480+ members and great trader location- all factions welcome - mail me @ashlee17 in game for an invite.
    Join the crusade for better guild management tools!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools/p1
    Please comment and support this cause!
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    c0rp wrote: »
    Surge mana cost nerfed.
    Overload nerfed.

Gained +6% spell damage....I JUST lol'd in my office as I typed this post...Im not even kidding.

Someone is bad at math then, this is a pretty big buff when it comes to dps and how champion points scale. Once you get some points, magicka is the last of your worries. They just turned a passive that ends up being useless in end game into a passive that boosts your dps. But everyone here complaining are people that have spent 0 time on the pts soo yeah.

Its also not an overload nerf, overload still does more damage on PTS than live, they just scaled back the buff because it is destroying people on PTS. This is a minor scaleback of the original buff they gave which was 50%. Its like you people don't even read/test... you basically armchair complain at everything.
    Edited by Huntler on February 17, 2015 9:45PM
  • NoRefunds
    NoRefunds
    ✭✭✭
    They've nerfed sorcs so hard, the mission of my Emperor Nerfsorc has been a success over my expectations LMAO
    Edited by NoRefunds on February 17, 2015 9:46PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expert Mage: This passive ability has been changed. It now grants 2% Spell Power for each Sorcerer ability slotted instead of 10% reduced cost to lightning spells. Does this include Ultimates?

Probably does, but I feel it was a "stealthnerf" to BE.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    rophez_ESO wrote: »
    Rydik wrote: »
    Mountain's Blessing: This passive ability now grants only one Ultimate every six seconds.
    One more "joke" passive ability, thx =\

DK nerfs keep rolling in. Everyone I know is prepping a Templar alt for 1.6.

About time to nerf DKs.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep it does, now just need to hit PTS to see how the numbers are.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »
    Surge mana cost nerfed.
    Overload nerfed.

Someone is bad at math then, this is a pretty big buff when it comes to dps and how champion points scale. Once you get some points, magicka is the last of your worries. They just turned a passive that ends up being useless in end game into a passive that boosts your dps. But everyone here complaining are people that have spent 0 time on the pts soo yeah.

Its also not an overload nerf, overload still does more damage on PTS than live, they just scaled back the buff because it is destroying people on PTS. This is a minor scaleback of the original buff they gave which was 50%. Its like you people don't even read/test... you basically armchair complain at everything.

You know 6% spell dmg is only a 2-3% dmg increase overall, right? That is nothing and 10% cost reduction is huge for a stamina Sorc. You have no idea how much time I've spent on PTS and how much time I've spent testing every skill. You are looking too much from a PVP point of view with Overload.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's how it should be:
    Storm Calling:reduce cost of skills in this skillline by 10%
    Expert Mage: This passive ability has been changed. It now grants 2%/4% Spell Power for each Sorcerer ability slotted .
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoRefunds wrote: »
    They've nerfed sorcs so hard, the mission of my Emperor Nerfsorc has been a success over my expectations LMAO

YOU ! -.- how dare you to show up here ?
    The emotion that I am feeling for you, starts with 'H'
    Edited by Dracane on February 17, 2015 9:51PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    Sorcerer
    • Daedric Summoning
      • Rebate: Fixed an issue where this ability was not restoring Magicka when a Daedric pet was de-summoned or died.
    • Dark Magic
      • Dark Conversion (Dark Exchange Morph): Rank 4 of this ability can now be toggled on and off.
    • Storm Calling
      • Critical Surge (Surge Morph): This ability now correctly lists a 20-second duration in its tooltip.
      • Expert Mage: This passive ability has been changed. It now grants 2% Spell Power for each Sorcerer ability slotted instead of 10% reduced cost to lightning spells.
      • Lightning Splash: Increased the duration to 6 seconds from 4 seconds.
      • Liquid Lighting (Lightning Splash Morph): Increased this ability’s duration to ten seconds, and removed the additional damage from the first hit.
      • Overload: Reduced the rank up bonus damage for this ability from 3% to 1%. Also, Overload and its morphs will no longer trigger Ultimate gain from Light and Heavy Attacks.
      • Surge (All Ranks & Morphs): This ability can now trigger off of doing damage to player characters that are using damage mitigation shields.

Are you joking with this? Nerfs across the board for Sorcerers. Do you think there are many topics about Sorc popping up every day because the class is in a good place? I'm really concerned about how you are adjusting these patch notes and the fact that Sorc still receives 0 stamina love. Expert Mage change was a VERY hard nerf for stamina Sorc as well too. Please do a QA with some Sorc players I beg you because you need to badly.

Those are not nerfs across the board. Lightning Splash just got better. Expert Mage just got better. Surge not triggering when someone had a shield up got fixed. Only overload got nerfed a bit and it's still OP, guys in our guild are doing top DPS (by far) using just overload/light attack weaves.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    Sorcerer
    • Daedric Summoning
      • Rebate: Fixed an issue where this ability was not restoring Magicka when a Daedric pet was de-summoned or died.
    • Dark Magic
      • Dark Conversion (Dark Exchange Morph): Rank 4 of this ability can now be toggled on and off.
    • Storm Calling
      • Critical Surge (Surge Morph): This ability now correctly lists a 20-second duration in its tooltip.
      • Expert Mage: This passive ability has been changed. It now grants 2% Spell Power for each Sorcerer ability slotted instead of 10% reduced cost to lightning spells.
      • Liquid Lighting (Lightning Splash Morph): Increased this ability’s duration to ten seconds, and removed the additional damage from the first hit.
      • Overload: Reduced the rank up bonus damage for this ability from 3% to 1%. Also, Overload and its morphs will no longer trigger Ultimate gain from Light and Heavy Attacks.
      • Surge (All Ranks & Morphs): This ability can now trigger off of doing damage to player characters that are using damage mitigation shields.

Are you joking with this? Nerfs across the board for Sorcerers. Do you think there are many topics about Sorc popping up every day because the class is in a good place? I'm really concerned about how you are adjusting these patch notes and the fact that Sorc still receives 0 stamina love. Expert Mage change was a VERY hard nerf for stamina Sorc as well too. Please do a QA with some Sorc players I beg you because you need to badly.

Those are not nerfs across the board. Lightning Splash just got better. Expert Mage just got better. Surge not triggering when someone had a shield up got fixed. Only overload got nerfed a bit and it's still OP, guys in our guild are doing top DPS (by far) using just overload/light attack weaves.

How can I take your post seriously when you claim people are using overload with light attack weaves?

Lightning Splash had its cost increased by 10%. Expert Mage will only increase Sorc dps by 2-3%. NO ONE USES SURGE BECAUSE ENTROPY AND RALLY ARE BETTER ALTERNATIVES.
    Edited by Erock25 on February 17, 2015 9:53PM
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    rophez_ESO wrote: »
    Rydik wrote: »
    Mountain's Blessing: This passive ability now grants only one Ultimate every six seconds.
    One more "joke" passive ability, thx =\

DK nerfs keep rolling in. Everyone I know is prepping a Templar alt for 1.6.

About time to nerf DKs.

DK nerfs? Look what sorcs just got hit with ... again.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    • Daedric Summoning
    • Dark Magic
    • Storm Calling

Only overload got nerfed a bit and it's still OP, guys in our guild are doing top DPS (by far) using just overload/light attack weaves.

You cant weave overload anymore...
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the patch notes and the addition of the Bankers in the Outlaw's Refuges. I was however disappointed to see no added Skyshard in each Refuge nor the fixing of the disparity of XP gain for Legerdemain vs all other playstyles in ESO. Hopefully those will be addressed before 1.6 hits Live.
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »
    Surge mana cost nerfed.
    Overload nerfed.

Yep 0 time on pts [edit]:/sarcasm.... Please take your assumptions elsewhere and do not discredit other peoples opinions with a scoff and offer no reason. For stam sorcs, the cost reduction was great(even needed before you get ~360 CP to make bolt escape viable). Our class skills are incredibly expensive for stam builds; to use anything more than once or twice before you get the CP stacked. Sorcs will be the weakest stam class come 1.6, and stam is going to be in a better place than mag.

You notice they said surge can work on bubbles now? They left out the hugely inflammatory part of that which is that bubbles can now be crit. I also see no mention of throwing any mitigation into bubbles, so they are still sitting at 0 mitigation. Bubbles are useless, even detrimental in PVP as they are asking to get a huge, unmitigated crit land on you.
    Edited by Jahosefat on February 18, 2015 2:03AM
    Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what was so bad about mountains blessing that it needed to be decreased.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry but the changes added to the sorcerer class in this patch are terrible. People have been complaining for weeks about it and we get yet another nerf. I understand that the class is tricky to balance between PVE and PVP but it's no excuse for butchering it.

I don't foresee any use for a sorcerers in endgame PVE content at this point. In 1.5 they compose about 15% of the leaderboards for trials and DS Arena. In 1.6 they will disappear altogether.

When 1.6 goes live and everyone gets a build ready, the community will be able to provide detailed DPS numbers for each class. I hope you listen at that time.
    Wololo.
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    I'm sorry but the changes added to the sorcerer class in this patch are terrible. People have been complaining for weeks about it and we get yet another nerf. I understand that the class is tricky to balance between PVE and PVP but it's no excuse for butchering it.

I don't foresee any use for a sorcerers in endgame PVE content at this point. In 1.5 they compose about 15% of the leaderboards for trials and DS Arena. In 1.6 they will disappear altogether.

When 1.6 goes live and everyone gets a build ready, the community will be able to provide detailed DPS numbers for each class. I hope you listen at that time.

If 1.6 goes live in such variation ZOS just BOOM blackmarket.Not only for sorc changes....

• prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    some awesome changes, keep up the good job ZOS.

confused about this:''You will now be denied from entering the guild chat channel if you do not have proper permissions.''
    were you able to enter guild chat if you weren't in guild?
    or some people from guild will be banned from talking now? wtf?
    need some clarification.

also about sorc toggle dark conversion wth? if you have high enough stamina regen you're basically immortal(endless magicka+heals, can deal dmg and shield up constantly, next to no disadvantages) vs NB siphoning attacks(massive dmg reductions(still))
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    • Daedric Summoning
    • Dark Magic
    • Storm Calling

The only thing worse than the damage on Lightning Splash is the ability's pathetic name.

Surge will not be used as it costs now 4 times more then Entropy.

Expert Mage did not get better since ZoS didn't readjust the Magicka cost of the Storm Calling Tree to reflect the loss of the original passive. Also, the most I see us sorc getting from this passive is (% extra spell power, since Inner Light and Crushing Shock is a must on any sorcerer magicka build, pets or no pets.
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    • Daedric Summoning
    • Dark Magic
    • Storm Calling

Are you FREAKING joking with this? Are you REALLY nerfing again the SORCERER? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? Tell me, WHY are you nefring us again!

And 2% Spell damage? Are you serious? This is the BUFF for you? It is nothing, because of magicka lost and other nerfs... Please, DELETE the class instead of doing this...

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌

Guild: HODOR - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Char: Leliana fxn (Sorc) and Nuria fxn (DK)
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)
    Pre-nerf Dragonstar Arena Hard Mode Conqueror with my Sorcerer

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Pure magic from the heart, through the blood, to the last hairbreadth...
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
    19.02.2015 - Sorcerers, we have a new hope!
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I give up. Whoever they are listening to for Sorcerer feedback, it's not us. We have provided more than enough suggestions for them to put into practice since 1.6 got released on PTS, but apparently, it's not getting through.

Guess I will start collecting skillpoints for my Templar, then.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This! ^^^

ZOS... I'm guessing we have maybe one more patch before 1.6 goes live? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.... engage with us... pick a small handful of constructive Sorcs and lets have a quick chat over TS and chuck a few ideas around. Its SO easy to solve all of these issues with just 3 or 4 simple & realistic changes!

We don't want to be OP... we just want the class to not be at the bottom of every pile in PvE. On Friday in ESO liveEric Wrobel acknowledged that you had seen there was a problem... PLEASE let us help you fix it!
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expert Mage: This passive ability has been changed. It now grants 2% Spell Power for each Sorcerer ability slotted instead of 10% reduced cost to lightning spells.

Please change this back. The new passive only hurts stamina builds. The Storm Calling line is the most used one for stamina builds, so the reduced spell cost really helped since stamina builds have limited magic. The spell power bonus is useless to us.
  • Velcon
    Velcon
    Great fixes. Gj