Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v1.6.2

• pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can all the sorcs in this thread please show a ranged build that does more damage than a Sorcerer?

I get that you want to do the same DPS as melee but from range so that you can be safe and land even higher numbers as you don't have the same mechanics issues as the melee, but I don't have any sympathy for that.

Melee > range because in actual boss fights melee needs to move with the boss etc. which makes it more dangerous and much harder to pull off.

Honestly this linking youtube videos with 12 second bossfights that don't even fight back needs to stop, you're becoming like those people who hit 30K DPS on nomeg and thinks they do 30K sustained DPS.

I'm just saying, if you don't give actual examples with good builds in real fights, no one is going to listen to you. If you have a legitimate complaint, give some proper feedback. "Sorc nerfed /cry, sorc ded, surge broken" is not feedback, it's QQ, and you will not gain anything by doing this.

I have a Sorc too, I'd like to hear legitimate concers but all the whining in this subforum at the moment is making me want to renounce it as I don't want to be associated with this ***.

Sorry guys, but this is awful and everyone outside the PTS-forum-Sorc-club can see just how toxic this discussion has become. It sure isn't going to get ZOS to listen to you.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the reduced Refuge entrances.

I have not surveyed all of the places where they exist, and it will take some time to do this, but I think that, overall, the reduction from 4 entrances was necessary. This will make it more challenging and be more like what I envisioned when they were first mentioned. That said, I would rather see 1 or 2 inside the city depending on how the city is laid out. Crime ridden cities like Riften, especially with the canal dividing the town, would have one on the island and one on the other side of the canal. Wayrest and Mournhold are just huge cities and would easily have two entrances inside the walls.

I just recommend that they look at the individual cities and think more about how a criminal could be served by entrances. If there are choke points that a criminal would have to pass through (gates, bridges, etc) and there is a reason why the criminal would be passing through those trying to get to an entrance, then an entrance would have been added to bypass those choke points.

So, in summary, rather than there just being a blanket 1 inside and 1 outside, the Refuge layout should adapt to the location in a few cities.

Patch Notes

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ ... if I might make an obvious suggestion: When there is a fix for something that PTS broke relative to Live, could you mention that in the Patch Notes?
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    @pppontus
    1) Sorc need finisher for stamina (endless furry for ex.)
    2) 2h staff should give the same spell power as other 2h weapons since melee 2h/dual wield bypass 20% armour and staff only 10%.So melee will be still better with such change.
    3)ZOS need introduce 1h staff with DMG equal 1h sword/mace/dagger.
    1h staff will get СС skills,do less damage,mb even less range; while 2h will get more damage,more range.So you will be able to choose more dps or more survival.
  • Rydik
    Rydik
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope they remove weapon swap cd in next patch. If not, well, bad..
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exstazik wrote: »
    @pppontus
    2) 2h staff should give the same spell power as other 2h weapons since melee 2h/dual wield bypass 20% armour and staff only 10%.So melee will be still better with such change.
    1h staff will get СС skills,do less damage,mb even less range; while 2h will get more damage,more range.So you will be able to choose more dps or more survival.

Good idea. I don't really care for stamina Sorcs, as I find them very strong with 2 handed swords, stronger than Magicka Sorcs ( I know I know, that's because 2 handed sword is so strong, no the Sorcerer)

That's why destruction staff definately needs buffs. The passives need buffs and the overall damage of the staff should be increased. Because currently, I feel like I am a stronger mage with a melee weapon equipped, because it boosts my spell damage so much.
    Edited by Dracane on February 11, 2015 2:45PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @pppontus

1. Executioner. Done.
    2. Isn't bow and staff damage the exact same number? Done.
    3. Sure that sounds fun, but no they definitely don't need to.

If you think Stamina builds are so incredibly superior, go actually try it and see if you can pull that much more DPS in reality.
  • Joust
    Joust
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding the reduced Refuge entrances.

I have not surveyed all of the places where they exist, and it will take some time to do this, but I think that, overall, the reduction from 4 entrances was necessary. This will make it more challenging and be more like what I envisioned when they were first mentioned. That said, I would rather see 1 or 2 inside the city depending on how the city is laid out. Crime ridden cities like Riften, especially with the canal dividing the town, would have one on the island and one on the other side of the canal. Wayrest and Mournhold are just huge cities and would easily have two entrances inside the walls.

I just recommend that they look at the individual cities and think more about how a criminal could be served by entrances. If there are choke points that a criminal would have to pass through (gates, bridges, etc) and there is a reason why the criminal would be passing through those trying to get to an entrance, then an entrance would have been added to bypass those choke points.

So, in summary, rather than there just being a blanket 1 inside and 1 outside, the Refuge layout should adapt to the location in a few cities.

A good example is Daggerfall. The inner city refuge is way out of the place where the action is taking place. Thieves want to hide the fastest way possible, after commiting a crime. they don't take a whole trip through the city to get to the docks.

I'll agree to lordrichter, bigger cities should have at least 2 inner city entries and a bit better placed.

2khrqgs8msz6.jpg
    Edited by Joust on February 11, 2015 3:11PM
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    The 'cost' for selling and laundering stolen stuff is now the same. Before it differed quite a bit (which I think was correct, I don't know, I don't travel in the criminal circles in real life ;)). Now in 1.6.2 I can sell this painting for 100g, but also launder (buy) it for 100g?

Apropos,
    "Books found in the Outlaws Refuges will now be added to your Eidetic Memory collections once you’ve read them."
    How do you read anything down there? None of the bookcases in the Davon's Watch refuge show up as bookcases for me, so nothing to interact with or read. Loose books don't seem to be around either, other than on fences' benches and they cannot be interacted with.
    Edited by Ageless on February 11, 2015 3:47PM
    Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
    'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
    And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
    I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

• Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We really rag on the devs over them nerfing us sorcs so much, but it really does seem they are trying to figure out an amiable solution. I am hopeful continued pts numbers will lead them to a compromise before live. Basically, we get your job ain't easy devs!
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pppontus wrote: »
    Can all the sorcs in this thread please show a ranged build that does more damage than a Sorcerer?

I get that you want to do the same DPS as melee but from range so that you can be safe and land even higher numbers as you don't have the same mechanics issues as the melee, but I don't have any sympathy for that.

Melee > range because in actual boss fights melee needs to move with the boss etc. which makes it more dangerous and much harder to pull off.

Honestly this linking youtube videos with 12 second bossfights that don't even fight back needs to stop, you're becoming like those people who hit 30K DPS on nomeg and thinks they do 30K sustained DPS.

I'm just saying, if you don't give actual examples with good builds in real fights, no one is going to listen to you. If you have a legitimate complaint, give some proper feedback. "Sorc nerfed /cry, sorc ded, surge broken" is not feedback, it's QQ, and you will not gain anything by doing this.

I have a Sorc too, I'd like to hear legitimate concers but all the whining in this subforum at the moment is making me want to renounce it as I don't want to be associated with this ***.

Sorry guys, but this is awful and everyone outside the PTS-forum-Sorc-club can see just how toxic this discussion has become. It sure isn't going to get ZOS to listen to you.

Ranged have less then half the armor of you melee range DPS and do about 3k less DPS. I am sorry if that seems ridiculous. Also, sorcs are meant to be the high of magic, we don't choose that class to play with daggers. We have Nightblades for that.
    Edited by Grao on February 11, 2015 4:07PM
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I give up. I guess
    Grao wrote: »

Ranged have less then half the armor of you melee range DPS and do about 3k less DPS. I am sorry if that seems ridiculous. Also, sorcs are meant to be the high of magic, we don't choose that class to play with daggers. We have Nightblades for that.

Well actually sorcs are a hybrid class in elder scrolls series so it does not matter what weapons they used since sorcs typically use swords to maces to staves. The same as night blades which are also a hybrid class.
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Meh. You're still just saying things. Give me some actual boss fight numbers and I'll believe melee is so superior. I've already done a lot of stuff on the PTS, like Sanctum Ophidia and funny enough the highest DPS on the Mantikora was a Magicka Sorcerer. Because he didn't have to move back and forth even close to as much as me on Stamina melee.

Actual. Real. Numbers. Until then.. you're just speculating.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kromwell63 wrote: »
    Deeply disappointed by the removal of entrances to the outlaws refuges.

I disagree, not with you but just everyone who thinks like you ;). I like the difficulty of getting to the refuge (which by the way you don't have to worry about if you just don't get caught in the first place). You just have to see the pattern of guards and work your way through the city; similar to the strategy used when timing the stealing of items around guards and NPCs. Sometimes you don't see a guard when turning around a corner and you get caught, pay a fine, and lose your goods. That's just the risk of thievery.

Semi-related: Making the ingredients 150g ea (about which multiple people have complained) was also a good move, while somewhat painful to accept. But now you walk into an Inn and much of what is visible is valuable in some way. The recipe I have needs tomatoes and corn, so I look for those. People will need ingredients as well as the contents of drawers, wardrobes, etc. Players will need to learn how to procure it without being seen in the first place, or if you are seen and receive a bounty you have to try to make it back to the Refuge.

The devs have made logical decisions that finally make thievery and cooking valuable skills again. I hope they keep it like this. Thank you.

I disagree with you. For smaller towns 2 exits is ok but for huge ones, it's not practical. I do like the suggestions for tooltips about where the exits lead to. No self respecting thieves den would limit itself to just 2 ways to escape.

150g per item is too much, especially for beginners. At least in the beginning areas cut that price back to 10 or 15 per ingredient. Not everyone wants to play the thief.
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Reduced the number of entrances to Outlaws Refuges based on your feedback. There is now one entrance outside the city, and one inside the city limits.

Okay, who is responsible for this? Who gave this kind of "feedback"?

The different entrances to the refugees were awesome, especially that they corresponded perfectly to the overworld. If you left the refuge through a gutter or well, that's exactly were you would end up. Guess they have to change all areas now or they don't make sense anymore ...
    Slurg wrote: »
    No, my feedback said that I LIKED this feature! I thought the different entry points to the refuges were very nicely done and I am sad to see them go.
    Agree.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno ... use these posts as our feedback instead of the one or two people who thought it needed to change
    I am seeing many " Agree's"
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Tarrin
    Tarrin
    ✭✭✭
    Fixed a number of issues that were causing missing or incorrect facial animations to play during conversations and bard songs.

Ummm.....nope. I haven`t seen any facial animation of bards

Anyway, player character has balls of steel, because /emote plays as
    poker_face.png

i know, i know^ we`re playing by Steven Seagal!
    steven_segal_emotion_chart.jpg

Edited by Tarrin on February 11, 2015 5:08PM
    Samurai without a sword
    Like a samurai with the sword
    But without the sword
  • Petros
    Petros
    ✭✭✭
    They nerfed the Armor Jewelry Enchants. It used to be around 3k ish, now it's at 1116? For Armor, not Spell Resistance, Armor
    "Our light will bring the dawning of a new hope!" ~ Petros Fordring -The Order of Mundus
    - VR16 Imperial Dragonknight (DC -NA) & The One Handed Tank
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kaer426 wrote: »
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Reduced the number of entrances to Outlaws Refuges based on your feedback. There is now one entrance outside the city, and one inside the city limits.

Okay, who is responsible for this? Who gave this kind of "feedback"?

The different entrances to the refugees were awesome, especially that they corresponded perfectly to the overworld. If you left the refuge through a gutter or well, that's exactly were you would end up. Guess they have to change all areas now or they don't make sense anymore ...
    Slurg wrote: »
    No, my feedback said that I LIKED this feature! I thought the different entry points to the refuges were very nicely done and I am sad to see them go.
    Agree.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno ... use these posts as our feedback instead of the one or two people who thought it needed to change
    I am seeing many " Agree's"

The creativity that went into developing those entry/ exit points for the refuges shouldn't have to go to waste because a few people cried it was confusing or it would make the justice system too "easy mode".

Perhaps a good compromise would be, as some others suggested, looking at each town's layout to determine number and placement of entry/ exit points instead of setting a fixed number per city. And as was also mentioned, you're setting up ganking spots for future PVP justice implementation. Did you guys stop and think that might be why some people want you to limit the entry/ exit points?
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Meh. You're still just saying things. Give me some actual boss fight numbers and I'll believe melee is so superior. I've already done a lot of stuff on the PTS, like Sanctum Ophidia and funny enough the highest DPS on the Mantikora was a Magicka Sorcerer. Because he didn't have to move back and forth even close to as much as me on Stamina melee.

lol Do you want me to take pictures for your convenience so you don't have to run your own tests? I gave you a simplification of the numbers we've obtained through theorycrafting and testing on the PTS against mobs and against trial bosses. If you choose not to believe, that is your problem.

Currently magicka builds have several disadvantages, we are forced into an armor that only give us stats, no protection, yet we do less DPS then those using medium armor and weapon attacks.

And with every patch, they nerf magicka users a little more and buff weapon users. Look at the changes to light armor and the changes to medium armor.
  • prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭

lol Do you want me to take pictures for your convenience so you don't have to run your own tests? I gave you a simplification of the numbers we've obtained through theorycrafting and testing on the PTS against mobs and against trial bosses. If you choose not to believe, that is your problem.

Currently magicka builds have several disadvantages, we are forced into an armor that only give us stats, no protection, yet we do less DPS then those using medium armor and weapon attacks.

And with every patch, they nerf magicka users a little more and buff weapon users. Look at the changes to light armor and the changes to medium armor.

and yet you stay far away from opponent, away from most danger, and have lot more options in a fight.
    Magicka builds are still ahead of stamina, maybe not in damage(arguably) anymore but overall, you still can spam more great range and high damage/utility skills/damage shields and keep stamina bar near full most of the time for protection as backup.
    Melee range got often limited access to heals, their main resource bar is also used for blocking/roll dodging/interrupt/CC break etc.
    20-30% more damage output with miles higher risk of death is what is should have been since launch of the game.
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sustain DPS? NP here it 2h OP
    c08xe37hb6b1.png
    c7t9g9k5jqex.png
    c277j1g0yps7.png

Wreckling blow cost-1050
    Executioner-944
    regen 1097

• FoxyKitten
    FoxyKitten
    ✭✭
    ESO you listened to the wrong feedback regarding extra entrances to Fences!

After all, only the negative feedback would have shown up. Those of us who liked the idea, wouldn't have given positive feedback because we assumed it was just part of the new patch and would stay. "Squeaky wheels get the oil"?

The additional refugee entrances were a great idea. We have enough "challenges" in the game already, and it was nice to have easy access to the Fences. If some people don't like them, make a toggle so they can turn them off, but please leave them in for those of us who favored them.
    Edited by FoxyKitten on February 11, 2015 6:50PM
  • Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whether it is a Melee build or a Ranged build is completely irrelevant. The ONLY thing that should be considered is a comparison of DPS at the end of an encounter.
    I agree that Melee DPS should be greater than Ranged DPS to compensate for the additional difficulty melee players face....but only to the point where melee DPS matches Ranged DPS at the end of the encounter.
    If at the end of an encounter, melee DPS exceeds Ranged DPS then either melee DPS has been overcompensated or the encounter really wasn't more difficult for melee.

In addition, the same conditions must apply.
    1) Heavy armor should not be providing greater damage than Light armor.
    2) Attributes points spent in Health should not be providing more damage than attributes spent in Stamina/Magicka.

I honestly have no idea how class DPS actually compares but would love to see some testing on an even playing field.
    Would love to see a DPS comparison between DKs, NBs, Sorcs and Temps all done under the same conditions.
    1) All wearing 7 piece Light Armor
    2) All min/maxed to achieve highest DPS possible for that class.

Maybe then we can achieve a fair assessment of Class DPS.
    Until then, maybe you can heed your own instructions
    If there is any validity in what you say then back up. Not by cherry picking fights that best support your position but across several encounters.
    But when doing so just remember

Edited by Nightreaver on February 11, 2015 7:05PM
    If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sustain DPS? NP here it 2h OP
    c08xe37hb6b1.png
    c7t9g9k5jqex.png
    c277j1g0yps7.png

Wreckling blow cost-1050
    Executioner-944
    regen 1097

But what? This is not an example of sustained DPS.. this is some tooltips?

I get that you think that looking at some numbers make you qualified to say how class balance works, but those tooltips aren't going to kill the Mantikora. If you think you can stay in melee constantly, you're wrong, go figure.
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FINALLY! GOD! I couldn't post on these forums for like a day and a half because my sub ran out and the damn forum doesn't refresh nearly fast enough. Anyway, wanted to say I like these changes, a lot, and I'm ok in trading the damage from Biting Jabs if it gives CC Immunity. Everything else seems ok, but for one thing:

Why the hell would you reduce the amount of entrances and exists from the Outlaw's Refuge? That just made the world that much richer, and now you went and robbed it.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I went on a Crime Spree throughout the EP and DC major cities (AD up next)

Overall, the reduction to two entrances to the refuges wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It is much less convenient in many cases. Now, by city...(from Davon's Watch onward I kept a bounty - usually at Kill on Sight)

Davon's Watch: crime spree on Docks, stealthed back up to the refuge behind the bank without getting caught (1200g bounty). It is a pretty long walk though.

Mournhold:
    ported in, stealthed, to the wayshrine with my bounty and had no problems while standing there with guards (good thing). The in-city refuge is kinda far off, but completely able to make it there easily. There is a guard that patrols right by it though, so zoning out into the city with your bounty is a bit of Russian Roulette.

Stormhold: ported in fine. A guard saw me just as I was approaching the refuge by the bank, but I knocked him back and made a dash for it and successfully escaped (I was Kill on Sight).

Windhelm: ported in fine. Design of the town makes getting to the refuge a bit harder, but I still made it without being spotted. With the sheer number of npcs partying here, health bars on the Guards really would be nice!!

Riften: ported in fine. The refuge in this one is a challenge, there are two patrolling guards, one on each end of the area where the refuge door is. I did still sneak in OK, but did get close enough to one guard for him to draw a sword, but I zipped away and the stealth eye closed completely and he went away. Pickpocketed an Orc (Gezdak) and he was carrying a Black Lace Kerchief...

Daggerfall: ported in fine. Refuge is all the way at the docks. The refuge map still shows 6 exits. I went in the inn for some larceny and there was a guard in there, there is no way to escape if guard sees you in a building. You cannot kill the guard and cannot leave the building! Managed to sneak into the city from the refuge exit that is outside the walls:)

Wayrest: ported in fine. Got seen by a patrolling guard but managed to out-run him out of a main gate as I forgot which way the refuge door was:p

Shornhelm: ported in fine. Refuge is nice and central in this city. A guard here attacked me when my eye said "hidden" which shouldn't happen. It was one near the wayshrine as I was sneaking up that set of stairs.

Evermore: Both refuges feel really out of the way, outside the big main walls. The graveyard one is only convenient when you have portalled to that wayshrine and want to go straight in. There are a pair of npcs in the southern end of the graveyard that have yellow health bars but you cannot pickpocket them. (man and woman, woman was digging in a grave). Both the North and the East gates seemed to have permanent stationary guards, I watched for awhile but neither seemed to patrol off so I could sneak in:( Did sneak in via the graveyard/dockside

Other:
    - we shouldn't be able to launder 0g items for 0g and get skill ups in ledgerdemain skill line.
    - laundered items don't stack with items already in the inventory automatically, you have to do it manually.
    - I would love it if guards could get health bars!! For the option to show npcs health bars from the menu. I use health bars up for everything and those sneaky guards can be walking in a crowd and hard to spot from a distance.
    - I got 180g bounty for killing a cow, but only 260 for killing npcs...
    - Owned Livestock actually have a White aura, not a yellow one.
    - When killing livestock it doesn't matter if you shoot a fireball at them from range with the eye saying "hidden" if an npc is near the animal you will get a bounty.

Last comment: the sound accompanying "fish acquired" is a bit dramatic for filleting a fish...

Edit: Forgot to post about the chef costume on female argonian, the hat sits too low. It is in the preview mode on the Crown Store.
    x7b58bhtiv4p.png
    Edited by Mix on February 11, 2015 7:45PM
  • prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Justice system needs changes!
    Guards and non essential NPCs should be killable, with respawn timers linked to 'engaged in combat before each death' timer(but limited to min 5 sec, max 30 sec), the faster you kill guard, faster it comes back with reinfircements.
    This would allow loads of extra end game content/fun!
    Make guard AI smarter tho but in line with player power.
    After death guard should blow horn to alert town/city and gather more guards for assistance to tackle the problem.
    NPC that don't give quests( to avoid problems) should be killable and act same as guards(random equipment, random power/skill level tho) after death/or even pre-death(run away/call for help/figth back).
    After each minor/major fight town should be on alert state for 5-10 minutes with guards doing out of ordinary routes/things(for example horseback patrol guards with greater speed/larger detect radius).
  • ForKristSake
    ForKristSake
    ✭✭
    The lack of entrances to Refuges and the high prices of ingredients together help to create scarcity. The economy and multiple professions need these changes. Not to mention, 150g each is not how much you will pay for them. Some cooks will steal them themselves. Some thieves will steal them and sell in guild stores, which means the market price will go down to something well below 150g ea, depending on supply. How far below 150g each? Depends on how easy it is to steal and successfully launder the items to be sold. If it's too easy, the ingredients flood the market and the prices plummet. Just think of 150g each as a cap, an emergency price, what have you.

As for the Refuge locations...if you cannot steal food items (or anything else) without being seen, then maybe thievery is not your thing. But if you are seen, what do you want, a police escort back to the Refuge? Maybe we should be able to just port to a Refuge? Maybe thieves carry a smoke bomb and just disappear like a magician! Remember, you don't have to be a sloppy thief and get a bounty, and you won't end up paying 150g ea for ingredients.

Many things in the game are inconvenient for a purpose. For example, the guards in the bank don't move. So how are you going to steal that purple motif you found in a drawer? Be creative. Not everything should just be handed to us as players. Thievery and provisioning should be less accessible, not more. You shouldn't be able to steal your cake, get your cake to the Refuge, launder your cake, have your cake, and eat it too.
    Edited by ForKristSake on February 11, 2015 8:11PM
  • Garwulf
    Garwulf
    ✭✭✭
    So what is the actual version number for this PTS release?
    Mine is currently 1.6.1.1118234 with no update available.
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melee having a bit more dps than range makes sense. Though many of you are missing some of the great advantages to weapon melee dps ... it's not reflectable, not absorbed by many skills (e.g. ball of lightening, harness magicka), it's much cheaper than magicka equivalents, and added bonus cannot be interrupted. I don't have to worry about my wrecking blow flying back into my face all the time.
    Edited by Vis on February 11, 2015 9:09PM
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not all magicka players play from a range all the time. For multiple targets I (used to) run crit surge,lightning form, magelight. This required you to get up close and personal. I won't be using this particular style of DPS in PVE due to the changes on crit surge/light armour/stamina drain while blocking etc. If it were viable for me to continue with this build, then I would say that the DPS should be comparable with other DPS(even if it is melee).

I'm not saying that it was optimal or anything. I'm just pointing out that many people assume magicka players only play from range, however, there were some players (this includes any magicka player who used impulse on the destruction staff) who did not play from range in 1.5.Admittedly, for single targets I would play from range.

Due to many changes in 1.6 I will now probably be playing from range regardless of if it's a single target or multiple target. However, I'm still trying to figure out my pet build.
    Edited by angelyn on February 11, 2015 9:41PM