Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v1.6.2

• xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    Gandogal wrote: »
    xherics wrote: »
    Gandogal wrote: »
    Everyone whos arguing that crushing shock was not OP before seems to be talking about the live server - and doenst realize that it fixes the balance in the 1.6 enviroment.

As a dedicated sorce i like this change. CS was extremely powerfull with the new, higher base damage. Especially having the class abilities scale with the same attributes CS needs, new options are available - notably integrating crystal fragmetns in the rotaion (which also has a reduces cooldown now).

A CS rotations generates a lot of CF procs. this combination was OP.

Also, nerving CS is an opportunity to finaly build more exciting rotations..

GO and TEST the PTS! You wont get more than 8k DPS; while all other classes do 12-15k DPS!

i did 10-12k dps on 1.6.1... and that without necro set.

Record a video and prove it! I can say only this!
    Do this DPS as sustainable, so for longer time than 100 seconds and I believe you, that you are the sorcerer god!

In 30 sec burst dps + atronach I can also do 10-12k, but this is just spell and ultimate burst DPS...

Other classes can do 12k as base damage for more than 100 second and their ultimates just boost it up to 15k.

So, prove your words and be the god!
    Guild: HODOR - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Char: Leliana fxn (Sorc) and Nuria fxn (DK)
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)
    Pre-nerf Dragonstar Arena Hard Mode Conqueror with my Sorcerer

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Pure magic from the heart, through the blood, to the last hairbreadth...
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
    19.02.2015 - Sorcerers, we have a new hope!
  • Gandogal
    Gandogal
    ✭✭
    HyperToxic wrote: »

Spell Damage 177 (54.38 damage)
    Spell Critical (52.02 damage)
    Max Magicka 911 (27.36 damage)

Good post.

spell damage and spell critical impact is very close tho. if the chance per set item was not about 3,5 % but 4%, crit chance would be better than spell damage (with an effect of about 59 dps). also u are not counting in crit damage enlarging effect, like the mundus or the champion system passives.

for magicka: there are alot of multiplicators to magicka: class bonuses, inner light, for sorcerers: pets (?) and bound armor. so each point on a set may be multiplied and therefore worth more.

this is also true for spell damage, of course, since the major sorcery buff increases spell damage with a percentage of 20% (which is a point for using spell damage over spell crit again).

im very suprised, howeverm how far of magicka impact is?!

one think i observed on live tho: the damage increase through a stat on a specific spell is different than on another spell. since u dont do only crushing shock but (eg. as a sorc.) also crystal fragments, the overall ratings may change.

also there may be spells that scale only with one of the two - like the damage from pets only scales with magicka.

Edited by Gandogal on February 11, 2015 6:25AM
  • Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wratun wrote: »
    Nice notes, Thanks. Hope to see some changes to Bound Armor & morphs of that ability, (cosmetically) It would be great, not to look as silly as it currently makes most sorcerers do. Letting people put costumes on without the buff of Bound Armor and its morphs dropping from your character would be a great improvement. I know many Sorcerers & Sorceresses feel the same.

Yes, the purple armor of hideousness needs to go.. Can bound armor please look similar to this?

34269-3-1364876425.jpg

Note: The "bound armor" is just the purple ghostly glow that takes the shape of heavy daedric armor. You can still see the real armor underneath it.
    Edited by Ace_SiN on February 11, 2015 6:33AM
    King of Beasts

• Costismaros
    Costismaros
    ✭✭✭
    Crushing shock nerf is one of the best things in the patch notes. The ability was blatantly overpowered, and now should be more in line with the 10% nerf.

1. It snares you

2. It puts a dot on you

3. It interrupts you

4. It does great damage, and can be spammed

5. It has massive range

6. It has a quick animation

7. Its easy to use, much easier than using melee abilities which require positioning, often dangerous positioning.

10% is a very small adjustment. The ability remains one of the best in the entire game, particularly in pvp. Stop looking through biased lenses and embrace changes that improve the game, even if they happen to make you "slightly" weaker.

All your 7 points are technically correct....

But now please show me as a magicka PvE Sorc where I can do comparable sustained DPS to the other classes? (& for the love of god don't say pets!!!!).

Crushing shock was never OP.... nobody has asked for this... because PvE Sorcs relied on this so heavily nerfing it is a massive kick in the sweetrolls!!!

It has been done. They nerfed range dps as they did with the bow. Now mele dps does like 10% 20% more damage than range dps.
    I totally aggree with that.
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭

Crushing shock nerf is one of the best things in the patch notes. The ability was blatantly overpowered, and now should be more in line with the 10% nerf.

1. It snares you

2. It puts a dot on you

3. It interrupts you

5. It has massive range

7. Its easy to use, much easier than using melee abilities which require positioning, often dangerous positioning.

10% is a very small adjustment. The ability remains one of the best in the entire game, particularly in pvp. Stop looking through biased lenses and embrace changes that improve the game, even if they happen to make you "slightly" weaker.

But now please show me as a magicka PvE Sorc where I can do comparable sustained DPS to the other classes? (& for the love of god don't say pets!!!!).

Crushing shock was never OP.... nobody has asked for this... because PvE Sorcs relied on this so heavily nerfing it is a massive kick in the sweetrolls!!!

It has been done. They nerfed range dps as they did with the bow. Now mele dps does like 10% 20% more damage than range dps.

not 10% or 20%.....30%+ with right set up

• Mikoto
    Mikoto
    ✭✭✭
    Wait if guards kill you then there's no loss anymore? I don't mind the gold loss being removed but stolen items won't be taken?
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1. It snares you

2. It puts a dot on you

3. It interrupts you

5. It has massive range

This isn't called daggers & swords online. Casting builds and bow builds are a huge part of every facet of this game.

There are plenty of fights where melee IS NOT at a major disadvantage compared to ranged. I agree that ranged builds should not be better than melee, but to suggest that it's a good thing for melee to be vastly superior to ranged is ridiculous.

Unless you want to see this:
    "Oh, you are using a bow? Sorry, get lost."
    "Oh you are a Sorc? Sorry, get lost,"
    "Oh, you are using a staff? Sorry, get lost."

• Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This :
    Dexterity: This passive now grants a higher Critical Strike rating to physical attacks, and was changed to be approximately on par with the Spell Critical Rating gained by the Light Armor passive Prodigy.

combined with this :
    Doubled the Critical Strike and Spell Critical values for all item set bonuses.

Combined with this :
    Doubled the overall drop rate for all Undaunted shoulder pieces, and removed Sturdy shoulders from the mix (though not from the game entirely).

make me a pretty happy human being right now.
    Edited by Joejudas on February 11, 2015 8:33AM
  • Fire_Ace
    Fire_Ace
    ✭✭
    Actually I started with my sorcerer as a twink. but I really started to like to Play with him so he became my main....but now it looks like I have to abandon him because of the sorcerer nerfs all the time I won't have a chance anymore :(
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More nerfs to Sorcerer, hidden as they maybe. Necropotence is only used by sorcerers and the same class is the only class without a spammable direct damage ability. ZoS, you mangle our utility and you "ninja" attack our DPS... Why do you hate sorcerers so much?
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to see reasonable buffs to Sorcerer and no Nerfs next time -.- I'm really sad instead.

Edited by Dracane on February 11, 2015 10:28AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nova cost reduced and CC immunity during Puncturing Strikes? My Templar is very happy.

@Rook_Master‌

I believe the CC immunity applies to the target being hit by puncturing strikes, not the caster.
    Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
    {EU/DC}
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe we need to ask for Sorcerer NERF so we receive a buff... Seems, developers are working like this...

@Exstazik‌ @Fecius‌ @Derra‌
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
  • GOREKIN
    GOREKIN
    ✭✭
    (BUG) Right now you earn the same amount of Legerdemain points no matter what quality (ie white, green, blue, purple) you sell or launder to a fence.

So pick pocketing gives you 1 point and killing gives you 2. Sell items to Fencer gives you 1.

• GOREKIN
    GOREKIN
    ✭✭
    (BUG) No Guards

Upper craglorn has no guards by the tents near dragonstar arena.

Deshaan fighter's guild has no guards

Cold Harbour does not have the Justice System in place.
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we need to ask for Sorcerer NERF so we receive a buff... Seems, developers are working like this...

i'm unsub already.ZOS don't listen and then better my money will go to somebody else.
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    Exstazik wrote: »

i'm unsub already.ZOS don't listen and then better my money will go to somebody else.

I am not subbed already, but have pre-paid still some months :( I was dumb and bought a half year... While I have sub, I will fight to have the game balanced for SORCS!

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They even nerfed the only decent magica pet dps build in this update. 2% less max magica :,(

The problem is a dedicated pet build with ultimates is able to achieve 12k+ dps even with a - lets call it not so smooth - rotation (Edit: this was tested 1.6.1 with EU copy and 71 champ points). They might just say screw non pet builds for sorcs because of that.

Won´t quit though. I still like the game. The only thing that will make me leavy my sorc is boredom due to lack of content.
    Edited by Derra on February 11, 2015 10:40AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exstazik wrote: »
    Decreased the damage of Force Shock and Crushing Shock by 10%.-RIP MAgicka sorc build

Dexterity: This passive now grants a higher Critical Strike rating to physical attacks, and was changed to be approximately on par with the Spell Critical Rating gained by the Light Armor passive Prodigy.
    -RIP magicka builds
    @ZOS_GinaBruno medium already have 1,4 more weapon DMG then light users have spell power.Now You give medium another boost and just garbaged Crushing Shock to surge and bow.\

1.6.2- 2h+med or leave GJ

Lol sorc. simply put everything into magika and get the epic iwin button.
  • Fizzonance
    Fizzonance
    ✭✭✭
    idpik5bnomcz.jpg
    ▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ Fizzonance ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    Spellunker - Dunmeri Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact - [EU]
    Aska Mahdavi - Khajiiti Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion - [EU]
    https://twitter.com/fizzonance
    http://mesmerizingtamriel.blogspot.com/
    http://fizzonance.tumblr.com/
  • Fecius
    Fecius
    ✭✭✭

Right now I'm preparing a big High End PvE future discussion thread on base of 1.6.0-1.6.2 patchnotes and some Aetherius Eight tests.

What about Sorcs. I see now only one way for DPS Sorcs and it's not magica but stamina.

Pet builds in High End PvE? No. It's boring, it gives you 0 flexibility to use anything else.

We have some nice spells, it's true. Other spells became much better in 1.6 for Sorcs. But mostly in PvP. So as im not a PvP player, I almost hate PvP... So, i dont care about some spells improvements at all and im pissing of those nerfs in sake of PvP.

But we still have no a single rotation filler spam spell in our skillset. C.Fragment? No, definitly not. 1.3 sek cast time and about 6500 dmg vs 1 sek cast time Uppercut with 8500 dmg in trash-gear! Definitly not worth in PvE to use anything that makes ur dmg lower.

And now C.Shock became even weaker.

With 70 CP we got about 8-9k dps with C.Shock and frangments on proc in 1.6.1... and... 11-16k+ Uppercut 1 button spam dps!!!! DMG depends of enemies.

Look. It's for NB, but it's same for any class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2tejxZBA_o
    - Looking for Progress PvE Guild!
    - Ex Ætherius Eight / Ætherius Raid PC EU
    - World First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (1.5.8 at January 21, 2015)

- PvE Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer
    - YouTube

- Under sun and sky Outlander, we greet you warmly!
    - Под этим Солнцем и небом мы тепло приветствуем тебя!
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

Are these typos?
    Combat & Gameplay
    General
    • Monsters and NPCs will no longer be able to land Critical Hits.

I mean.. talk about a PVE mob nerf..

[...]monsters and NPCs have actually never landed Critical Hits and this is something that just reared its head during PTS testing.

Please forgive me, but I don't really understand what this means.

@ZOS_GinaBruno: If you say, that the monsters and the NPCs have actually never landed critical hits, then your answer means, that you've fixed this bug now with PTS Patch 1.6.2.

But on the other hand, I read in the patchnotes:
    Combat & Gameplay
    General
    • Monsters and NPCs will no longer be able to land Critical Hits.

So I am confused now. Would you please make a statement about this patchnote?

I think you mean, that this fixed the bug on PTS, but why haven't anyone of ZOS corrected the typo then in the patchnotes? What is the truth now?

Oh and what about this one:
    Potions of Weapon Power no longer include inappropriate text. LOLOL.
    Does anyone know how they were called before?
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fecius wrote: »

Right now I'm preparing a big High End PvE future discussion thread on base of 1.6.0-1.6.2 patchnotes and some Aetherius Eight tests.

What about Sorcs. I see now only one way for DPS Sorcs and it's not magica but stamina.

Pet builds in High End PvE? No. It's boring, it gives you 0 flexibility to use anything else.

We have some nice spells, it's true. Other spells became much better in 1.6 for Sorcs. But mostly in PvP. So as im not a PvP player, I almost hate PvP... So, i dont care about some spells improvements at all and im pissing of those nerfs in sake of PvP.

But we still have no a single rotation filler spam spell in our skillset. C.Fragment? No, definitly not. 1.3 sek cast time and about 6500 dmg vs 1 sek cast time Uppercut with 8500 dmg in trash-gear! Definitly not worth in PvE to use anything that makes ur dmg lower.

And now C.Shock became even weaker.

With 70 CP we got about 8-9k dps with C.Shock and frangments on proc in 1.6.1... and... 11-16k+ Uppercut 1 button spam dps!!!! DMG depends of enemies.

Look. It's for NB, but it's same for any class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2tejxZBA_o

finally sensible post. Propose Fecius for the post of the head of game mechanics in Zenimax o:)
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice , so the only defence a sorc has (shields) grants ultimate and infini shielding stam builds stand there and gain ultimate gg.
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer's just have to continue to participate in PTS and see how it all plays out when 1.6 go's live. At this point quitting is not an option. I was able to hit 11.5k using my Martial Knowledge Set, 4pc's of the Healer set and 2pc's of Torug’s Pact set. Using forty two points in Magicka attributes and twenty on Health attributes. I also switch to the Mage Mundus stone. Basically went full Spell power/Magicka and only used Inner light for crit. Not sure how viviable this is on (PVE) End game content.
    Edited by Tanis-Stormbinder on February 11, 2015 12:38PM
  • Joust
    Joust
    ✭✭✭
    Pickpocketing people with a chance of 75% fails nearly everytime. Maybe some kind of bug? btw (50% are working fine)
  • milan.verploegenb16_ESO
    ' Fixed an issue where this ability was only scaling off your magicka stats, but not your stamina stats. It will now correctly pick the largest value.'

Just a random ctrl c v, this sh*t completely messes with any possibilities of hybrid builds. 1.6 is bad, you are forced to pick 1 role if you want to do it properly. baD1!11!11!!/!.1//??!!1
  • Argurios
    Argurios
    ✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »

1. It snares you

2. It puts a dot on you

3. It interrupts you

5. It has massive range

Oh where do i begin....lets see here

Annulment
    Blazing Sheild
    Defensive Posture
    Reflective Scales
    Eclipse

There's 5 counters to Crushing Shock, 2 of them available to any class...how can anyone say a skill that has 5 direct hard counters is OP?

This is not to mention LOS, as their isn't a single place in Cyrodiil where a tree, rock, hill, etc doesn't exist that can be used to LOS your opponent and set up attacks to kill them.

You say embrace changes that make me weaker? OK i want Wrecking Blow to be able to be interupted with Bash...instead of making me stand their and watch you wind up for eternity, unable to bash, and forced to BE, roll or Block...same with Resto Heavy Attacks...i want CS and bash to interrupt them...it will make a better game right?

this works both ways...but we both know Stamina users will never give that up...its only embracing changes for a better game, when its not nerfing your class and spec.

Try and think about it without bias.

So you think simply because there are counters to things, they cant be op? You were whining about having to dodge roll from wrecking blow, yet wrecking blow requires melee range and takes half a day to swing.
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on February 11, 2015 7:24PM
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the test first, the lesson after... "

Argurios Ultor - Imperial Templar
    Caradoc Coldblade - Redguard Nightblade
    - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Improved face for NPC
    81ngjpvcdjan.jpg
    Cadwell after next patch notes
    np8mlnshx4zf.jpg
    New Moutns:D
    pugggvp5218s.jpg

• Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please reconsider the visual effect of Inferno. What is the with the swirling balls around characters (i.e. Inner Light)??? Very distracting and annoying, makes it impossible to enjoy playing a character with these effects. At the very least make it optional or only visible to other players. The glow/flames are very cool, but please cut those balls! Thanks!

^^ no balls! ...

After all of the hatred and disdain from players for the magelight ball would you give us another one??? And the fireball when mounted floats way above the head. Go ahead and give a sun ball to Templars for restoring aura and a blood ball for NBs siphoning strikes. Elder Swirling Balls Online!