Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

1.6 PTS Bugs and Issues Thread

• F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    I did a test. I made a best build i can make with template stuff for funnel mage, 5light, 2heavy destro/resto. Then i changed destro staff to Advancing Yokeda 2H sword + jewelry from same set. The just opened Forward Momentum and Wrecking Blow, and i did MORE damage. Wrecking Blow won by 1K Funnel Health. And this was with wrong build, no stamina points, all magicka enchants and no passives opened in 2H.
    Confirmed. Did similar tests and got the same exact results.

It's not only about DPS. Both Armor and Spell Resistance values seem to favor Heavy Armor and are quite petty with Light Armor, thus making it worthless choice.

Basically, you can have Heavy Armored Tank with great DPS and Light Armored glass-cannon with no DPS advantage. That's a "fair" balance! <3

edit: At this moment, even with Degeneration/Structured Entropy bonus activated, Funnel Health needs more DPS to make Magicka Nightblades' competitive.
    Edited by F7sus4 on February 13, 2015 2:35AM
    Options
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streak does not proc Crystal Fragments, nor does Bolt Escape.

Oddly, the other morph (Ball of Lightning) does.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Using Toppling Charge in 1.6.2 while eclipsed will apply instant 50% snare on your templar, only relog helps to remove it.
    Sometimes Total Dark morph of Eclipse reflect spells back but don't deal damage to those who casted it and causing hp desync bug
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    helediron wrote: »
    I did a test. I made a best build i can make with template stuff for funnel mage, 5light, 2heavy destro/resto. Then i changed destro staff to Advancing Yokeda 2H sword + jewelry from same set. The just opened Forward Momentum and Wrecking Blow, and i did MORE damage. Wrecking Blow won by 1K Funnel Health. And this was with wrong build, no stamina points, all magicka enchants and no passives opened in 2H.
    Confirmed. Did similar tests and got the same exact results.

It's not only about DPS. Both Armor and Spell Resistance values seem to favor Heavy Armor and are quite petty with Light Armor, thus making it worthless choice.

Basically, you can have Heavy Armored Tank with great DPS and Light Armored glass-cannon with no DPS advantage. That's a "fair" balance! <3

edit: At this moment, even with Degeneration/Structured Entropy bonus activated, Funnel Health needs more DPS to make Magicka Nightblades' competitive.

It's definitely a bit odd. Armour and Spell Resistance should be inversely proportional - Heavy giving high Armour, low Resistance, and light giving low Armour and high Resistance.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    There is one bug with a Nightblade ability.
    I am not sure how it is called. But you basically create a red field around, which absorbs health from nearby targets and it heals you.

It also heals you, when no enemy is nearby. You can spam it and heal yourself up.

its Sap Will and youre right

Thank you :) I have never played a Nightblade, so I don't know the name of the abilities.

Me and a friend discovered it, when we were testing a few things.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    its Sap Will and youre right
    Sap Essence to be precise.
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, no idea why - after almost 1 year of polishing in-game balance to a reasonable point with 1.5 patch - they decided to start with everything from scratch in 1.6 and wreck the whole progress with random ideas.

Also, many people expects it will become the "be-DKs-and-face-roll-everything-or-die" issue again. Of course, DKs will complain how badly nerfed they are, but the actual population of in-game players choosing/rerolling DKs clearly proves the opposite.
    Options
  • firewatch
    firewatch
    ✭✭✭
    Also, no idea why - after almost 1 year of polishing in-game balance to a reasonable point with 1.5 patch - they decided to start with everything from scratch in 1.6 and wreck the whole progress with random ideas.

It's a real head scratcher. I guess we are back to beta testing for another year...

Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was testing the damage output of the Templar AoE skill Solar Barrage, which grants the Empower Buff.

The skill tooltip says that the buff "Empower" causes the damage of the next attack go up by 20%. However, if an AoE is used, the 20% only applies to one of the targets.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major bug or huge nerf.

The stamina based class abilities are no longer working as "spells". Of course they aren't "weapon skills" either.

Therefore, armor sets that affect the damage of spells or proc off of spells don't work with those morphs.

Additionally, if the game is not treating a morph of a spell as a "spell" then your "spell resist" isn't lowering the damage.

Could be why some are getting hit so hard in pvp.

I made a thread about this, cause it seems like a HUGE deal to me:
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/151646/bug-or-nerf-stam-based-class-abilities-now-incompatible-with-many-mechanics#latest
    Edited by olemanwinter on February 14, 2015 6:38AM
    Options
  • Sky Chancellor
    Sky Chancellor
    ✭✭✭
    Speed or haste potions don't work, don't know if this is intentional, also they take you out of stealth (or at least I believe so).
    Options
  • Sky Chancellor
    Sky Chancellor
    ✭✭✭
    Everything breaks stealth, resetting skills, swapping potions, checking inventory, it appears that another riding up near you on a horse and dismounting does as well.

Using potions which don't stun or hurt other opponents will take you out of stealth I believe. Haste potions don't work. Stealth needs to be fixed before patch goes live.
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Major bug or huge nerf.

The stamina based class abilities are no longer working as "spells". Of course they aren't "weapon skills" either.

Therefore, armor sets that affect the damage of spells or proc off of spells don't work with those morphs.

Additionally, if the game is not treating a morph of a spell as a "spell" then your "spell resist" isn't lowering the damage.

Could be why some are getting hit so hard in pvp.

I made a thread about this, cause it seems like a HUGE deal to me:
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/151646/bug-or-nerf-stam-based-class-abilities-now-incompatible-with-many-mechanics#latest

That would explain why my Biting jabs does not get any bonus from the empower buff lol.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    Edited by Alcast on February 14, 2015 11:06AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Suntzu1414
    Camo Hunter (Fighters Guild) doesn't seem to proc anywhere near 15%.

After 100 Hits, I'm getting 5% proc rate.

--- AFTER FURTHER TESTING--- (this is an additional bug)
    Camo Hunter is not REFRESHING after kills. Please advise if this tooltip is current.

please review
    ST
    Edited by Suntzu1414 on February 14, 2015 11:19PM
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
    Options
  • prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭

Also, many people expects it will become the "be-DKs-and-face-roll-everything-or-die" issue again. Of course, DKs will complain how badly nerfed they are, but the actual population of in-game players choosing/rerolling DKs clearly proves the opposite.

problem with dks pre 1.6 was damn infinite reflected projectiles along with insane resource management due to crazy ultimate spamming, all while block casting uber fire spells and ccing every1 around.
    now when ulti won't generate so fast and reflected spells will be limited, resource management will be lot worse.
    yes shielded block casting will remain powerfull but this no longer should be exclusive to dks, sorcs and templars will have same builds, nbs will likely be left out cold(knocked out dead) xD
    Options
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Eric Wrobel said at the last livestream that they try to balance the DPS output and make it even. He did not say whether they also consider mitigation and survivability.

Relative to medium (or a medium/ heavy mix), Light Armor does not appear to have a significant DPS advantage, if any at all. DPS output is even. As we've all discovered, however, Light has a huge disadvantage in survivability.

Heck, even a sorc who dedicates a skill slot to Lightning Form and renews it every fifteen seconds will still have less armor and spell resist than someone wearing medium. And zero percent more damage output.

I don't understand that.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

Options
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rally, the morph of momentum, from the 2H skill line, does not appear to do a final burst heal if you let the ability expire. It only seems to do the burst heal if you actively press the button before the buff expires.
    Snit wrote: »

Eric Wrobel said at the last livestream that they try to balance the DPS output and make it even. He did not say whether they also consider mitigation and survivability.

Relative to medium (or a medium/ heavy mix), Light Armor does not appear to have a significant DPS advantage, if any at all. DPS output is even. As we've all discovered, however, Light has a huge disadvantage in survivability.

Heck, even a sorc who dedicates a skill slot to Lightning Form and renews it every fifteen seconds will still have less armor and spell resist than someone wearing medium. And zero percent more damage output.

I don't understand that.

light armor generally support damage shields and healing which medium does not. light armor also supports more class skills, and magicka is not used to block, dodge, roll, or cc break. By choosing light armor you are not choosing more damage than medium, you are choosing to use magicka as your resource which works differently than stamina, and has different advantages and drawbacks.
    Ali Dreadsabre -Necromancer
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
    Options
  • wrathofrraath
    wrathofrraath
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Is the change to weapon crit from spell crit intentional for Burning Spellweave set found in City of Ash ? I speak for all who are Deadlands Adept.
    Edited by wrathofrraath on February 20, 2015 10:40PM
    Vokul Lovaas - V16 Magicka Dragonknight
    Vokul Vol - V16 Magicka Nightblade

Order of Mundus - NA DC

DK heals OP
    Options
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have anymore healthbars above characters and npcs.
    Changing settings doesn't fix it.
    That UI setting also resets upon changing area or going from a wayshrine to another one in the same area.

Does anyone have the same issue?
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't get why "flying" dk animation isn't fix already in 1.6.3 and why templar charge "buged" GCD wasn't fix (will zos even fix it?). I also noticed 2 sec desync in Purifying Light ability.
    Options
  • Rebeccas04nub18_ESO
    I don't know what's going on with this latest patch (1.6.3) but I've never seen anything this buggy on live or PTS. Whatever happened when I downloaded this patch changed the live version and even my whole computer settings to slow motion. Can't blame add-ons this time either.

My husband was able to download his 1.6.3 but the already mentioned character create bug plus some other smaller bugs occurred and made it less than ideal. I'm glad but somewhat amazed ZOS employees are working Saturday and doing maintenance on the PTS. I Won't be testing it anymore this time though, I have no idea why or how this download did that.

1.6 & 1.6.2 were fine for me, no problems at all. The character create is such a horrible mess that it almost looks like some disgruntled employee bugged it on purpose and then sat back and laughed as everyone popped out in Craglorn shocked and as bald as hatchlings.

I know they can fix these bugs but it's gonna be a long weekend with a lot of caffeine if they hope to get 1.6 live next week.
    Wicked Felina/ Khajiit NB DC
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some of the vr 5 drinks in 1.5 are converted to vr 10 drinks in 1.6 while others are still vr 5. Is this a bug? Example in the attachments:
    Jazbey cabarnet is converted to vr5 drink in 1.6
    Jazbey brew is converted to vr 10 in 1.6
    dt19xc9u2ggu.jpg
    963qlkhlkbk6.jpg
    Edited by Bashev on February 21, 2015 10:38PM
    Because I can!
    Options