Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

1.6 PTS Bugs and Issues Thread

• Merrak
    Merrak
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS please work on trash mobs health and dmg. theyre hitting like trucks. and stamina! tanks are running out of stam super fast! hell inner beast costs like 5k stamina. RIDICULOUS

Tanks should be using Puncture for their primary taunt, and only use IB if a mob gets away from them and is out of range of Puncture.
    Merrak | Templar Main
    The Descendants | NA Server | Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bats is still, even more, OP'd in PvP.
    Options
  • cote-bmsb16_ESO
    cote-bmsb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Soulshine wrote: »
    helediron wrote: »
    Too many stealable containers versus normal lootable containers. This just an irritation for crafters. Even areas occupied by hostiles have stealable containers or they are completely empty. Make castles and open areas lootable and only market places stealable.
    I have similar thoughts on this. Especially for how it affects provisioning purposes. We've had enough issues with mats to now note that nearly every lootable item is alomst always "stealing" - really overkill. Towns and cities? Abso-you-know-what-lutely make them stealing, but not out in the middle of nowhere for Pete's sake.
    Agreed. Oblivion handled this quite well I think, where there were quite a few unowned containers dotted around and about the place (particularly in Imperial City Market District). Everything in a house and near the marketplace stalls should be owned, but nothing in a hostile area or the middle of nowhere should be.
    Amarynth wrote: »
    When I log in to a character that had been using a horse to increase bag capacity, that character is not using the horse, and items that were above their personal storage capacity are gone.
    Yeah, this happened to me on multiple characters. It also happened multiple times on a few until I purchased a cheap horse separately.
    This is a killer bug which absolutely must be fixed before Live... otherwise people are going to be losing up to 50 items per character. Hopefully many people are encountering this and putting it in through /bug in-game.
    Justice system feedback - must make the guards mortal, too OP. I'd have fun killing them. Costumes & disguises should help evade the guards as well, cause they recognized my skeleton 10 zones apart. Crime should be localized to the zone, how do the guards in wayrest & guards in Belkarth know Im a fugitive?
    - Edit:typo
    What would killing guards give you, other than a larger bounty which you'd have even less chance of paying off? Trying to evade them should be quite interesting. Crime used to be localized to the zone; I saw in the early video "Stormhaven bounty". I wonder why they decided to make it global? It should at least not carry between Alliance territories/Neutral zones.

Yea, I'd get a higher bounty if I could kill that guard that always talks smack to us. "Surprise me, say something intelligent.". These guards are 3 stars and all DKs. Why aren't these guards serving in Cyrodiil, if they are so battle worthy?

If you play GTA, you know there's some fun and satisfaction of killing authority figures in games. ZOS copied Rockstar, but didn't copy them all the way.
    Options
  • Lalaeith
    Lalaeith
    ✭✭✭
    - NBs Pressure Points passive has a display error. The first number (gives xyz crit per skill equipped) is raised when several skills are equipped although only the second number should be (Current Bonus:...) So both numbers are the same no matter how many assasination skills are equipped.
    - Guards killing attack freezes the screen. At least I think it's the last attack because I end up dead afterwards every time.
    - NB Shadowy Disguise does not always have an animation
    - Is it intended that killing someone always gives a bounty (because they react to the first strike) if they are not one-hitted? Asking because this even happens when they are alone.
    - Horse bonuses from live have not been transfered to PTS riding skills. So I could have just bought and leveled imperial horses instead of special expensive ones with the same result. In the reddit AuA someone stated they should transfer, so I'm not sure if that's a bug or working as intended.
    Mounts themselves serve as the appearance of what you're riding with this new system. They do not have bonuses on them. That doesn't mean this gets lost though. The riding skill caps for each of the attributes accounts for the bonus that was on horses so if you had put in 50 points on a horse that had a speed bonus of 10, your riding skill in speed will be 60.
    - ZOS Chris Strasz
    - Although I do think that's working as intended, I don't like the change to potions. Potion use is situational, they are there to help me if I need help in addition to my skills and stats. So I don't get why they have to use the same buffs skills do.
    -Did anybody else notice old gear still showing on character for a while even though new gear has been equipped?
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These guards are 3 stars [...]
    What does that mean? I don't remember anything having stars. Is that a new feature added by Update 6?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • adarkartist
    adarkartist
    ✭✭
    CC break does not alway work when getting attacked by gaurds
    Options
  • cote-bmsb16_ESO
    cote-bmsb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    These guards are 3 stars [...]
    What does that mean? I don't remember anything having stars. Is that a new feature added by Update 6?
    If you look at the guard, he has 3 extra little boxes beside his health bar like a boss. We called those "stars", just signifies that he's a badass.

Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Teargrants wrote: »
    There is a very serious animation bug where the walk/run animation stops playing and instead your hats yet just stand still as you glide along the ground. Weapon swapping fixes this. Can't determine a cause, seems to occur randomly after pretty much any action. Sometimes you only lose the animation when walking in a specific WASD direction, and the other 3 directions play their animation properly.
    Wahee wrote: »
    Bow dodge roll causes your character to levitate
    Could you guys provide a bit more detail about these two issues? Anything you happen to be doing when it occurred, if there are any repro steps, if anyone else is seeing the same thing, etc.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    There is a very serious animation bug where the walk/run animation stops playing and instead your hats yet just stand still as you glide along the ground. Weapon swapping fixes this. Can't determine a cause, seems to occur randomly after pretty much any action. Sometimes you only lose the animation when walking in a specific WASD direction, and the other 3 directions play their animation properly.
    Wahee wrote: »
    Bow dodge roll causes your character to levitate
    Could you guys provide a bit more detail about these two issues? Anything you happen to be doing when it occurred, if there are any repro steps, if anyone else is seeing the same thing, etc.
    For me the gliding thing happens randomly. It seems like the same situation that happens in Live where you start running bowlegged. Instead of bowleggedness, it's gliding over the ground.

P.S. I STILL do not have my Character copied over to PTS! :( No one is answering me about it! I'm on NA
    Edited by WitchyWarrior on January 29, 2015 5:27PM
    Options
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's the list of bugs I've run into while playing on PTS
    • Walk/Run animation freezes when I perform certain actions, your character just glides on the ground.
    • Weapon swapping freezes and won't happen. You can sit there and hit swap 3-4 seconds straight and it won't perform the swap. Swear this is because you guys included that change to prevent mis-swaps by clicking repeatedly
    • Horse movement seems sketchy - you can mount your horse and be at max movement immediately, before even finishing the animation. Before you mounted your horse and gradually picked up speed.
    • Not sure if it happened for others but I didn't get 70 CP - I got 23 - 22 - 22 on all my V14 characters, when I thought if you had even one V14 you'd get the full 70.
    • You can't use potions that have Major/Minor buffs if you already have a skill/ability with that same Major/Minor buff active, preventing you from regenerating resources from that potion. It should just refresh the buff and use the potion, not prevent use of the potion (silly).

I'll continue adding to the list later.
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
    Options
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting some weird graphical effects on the champion system overview. Black rectangular lines around the constellations. They seem to cut off some of the other effects, like the clouds.

3ABBCC0B48FBEB9E89FF031EC77AEF91E317AF84

0712AEE5DA8E2A23E2450A0B622969887B01A84A

Anybody else getting this?
    Edited by Valencer on January 29, 2015 5:53PM
    Options
  • Anath_Q
    Anath_Q
    ✭✭✭✭
    If riding skills are now assigned to the player, then any inventory capacity gained from a player's mount needs to be applied without first making the pack horse active. It also needs to be active before we log in.
    All of my test toons lost 30-50 items as a result of pack horse space not being applied to my riding skills until making the pack horse active.
    I logged in to my characters having 50 fewer bag slots, made the horse active, relogged a few times until the bag space updated in riding skills and in actual inventory, then relogged a few more times to see if the items in that were in those bag slots would reappear...they never did.
    I went through 3 bank wipes with the bank inventory bug at game release and never want to go through any of that again. Please make sure this is fixed before this goes live.
    | GM Cheesemongers of Nirn |
    Options
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MT5QAkn.png

After char selection, game failed to load and gave this error.
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
    Options
  • DeathDealer19
    DeathDealer19
    ✭✭✭✭
    *ISSUE*

Just did an AA run. 1,143 XP for the entire run... which is crap considering you need 400k XP for 1 CP.

the issue is on the mage fight, the mage reflection that spawns, spawns a pool of growing magic that fills half of the platform. I don't remember this at all from pre 1.6 and seen NO mention of it in the patch notes. It seems like this might me a hard mode mechanic that was mistakenly carried over?
    And our tank had 15k stamina. All points into health and all enchants into stamina. While tanking the axes on the mage fight like normal, he was out of stamina with only two axes on him. This is un playable with one tank. The stamina cost for blocking and abilities is WAY TOO HIGH
    @DeathDealer19

GM of We Wipe On Trash
    NA Server AD Faction
    VR14 High Elf Templar
    VR14 High Elf Dragonknight
    VR14 High Elf Sorcerer
    VR14 Imperial Dragonknight
    VR9 Bosmer Nightblade
    Options
  • Theegoliath
    Theegoliath
    ✭✭✭
    When riding my max speed horse with manuvers buff and im sprinting, every time I initiate a turn with the mouse, it feels like my horse is drifting ever so slighly sideways. Did they change the horse animations as well, is this intended?
    Options
  • Trayyacakes
    Trayyacakes
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Akaviri Dragonguard Sabatons that thought they were greaves in the live game

qxpenp16d7n7.jpg

have been converted to Greaves. Shouldn't they actually be sabatons/boots that know they are suppose to go on your feet? Or will I have to grind for the actual sabatons drop in 1.6? Will there even be Sabatons of the Dragonguard?
    eso.jpg 80.8K
    Bjorn Uldnost
    Options
  • Jakhajay
    Jakhajay
    ✭✭✭✭
    The face mutating bug with bound armour has STILL not been fixed. I'm sure other people have noticed it, but it's really apparent on my khajiit character.
    6f0bzvgacrww.png
    This bug has been around for a really long time, and it bothers me to the point where I will not even use the ability because of 'potato face'
    Sh'ira - One Eyed Tihm - Do'Mazar - Dar'Sol - Hazzahn - J'darr Sun-Arrow - Bishabi -J'manna - Narim Tollana - Abijah-Ra - Idhassi-Ko - Kajhe the Salty - Ti'lani - Sabhan-Dar - Palamai
    JakhajayAlt: Azala-Do - Saahni the Ohmes - S'aolla of the Darks - Zashima-La Ako'Zhajiit - Lo'Mai-Dro - Taheh-Do - Hrrula - Hatamira - Da'lai

Shield Anvil - Trake's Talons
    Knight Praefect - Knights of the Steel Claw

All Khajiit, All the time!
    For Elsweyr and her people!
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Akaviri Dragonguard Sabatons that thought they were greaves in the live game

qxpenp16d7n7.jpg

have been converted to Greaves. Shouldn't they actually be sabatons/boots that know they are suppose to go on your feet? Or will I have to grind for the actual sabatons drop in 1.6? Will there even be Sabatons of the Dragonguard?
    Sabatons of the Dragon: Fixed an issue where this item, which dropped from Trials and other high-end sources, could be incorrectly equipped as Leg armor.
    Any Sabatons that previously dropped will still be usable as Leg armor, but any new Sabatons dropped from these sources will now correctly fit on your feet.
    Because I can!
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jakhajay wrote: »
    The face mutating bug with bound armour has STILL not been fixed. I'm sure other people have noticed it, but it's really apparent on my khajiit character.
    6f0bzvgacrww.png
    This bug has been around for a really long time, and it bothers me to the point where I will not even use the ability because of 'potato face'

Maybe the stiff collar is making him cranky?
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok. not sure WHY summoned pets are allowed in Cyrodiil, especially after exiling the deerbugs, but.. that aside.

Summoned pets, like Dwarven Spheres and Hrothgar Wraiths are now showing up as taking damage in Cyrodiil. Means an army of non-combat pets could take the six top damage slots and the players fall into the 50% less category.
    Edited by Darlgon on January 29, 2015 7:27PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    XEVENEX wrote: »
    MAGICKA REGEN BUG 150127-001687
    Edit: This might be a hidden werewolf effect. I'll need a few minutes to confirm.
    It appears that WW received an in combat magicka regen bonus on the PTS. There is still a discrepancy between live non ww regen and pts non ww regen. It's higher on live than on pts:

OUT OF COMBAT magicka regen appears to be lower than IN COMBAT magicka regen, which does not jive with what's on the live server.

PTS:
    Magicka Regen Per Character Screen: 1602
    In Combat Magicka Regen: 1602
    Out Of Combat Magicka Regen: 1440

PTS WW:
    Magicka Regen Per Character Screen: 1731
    In Combat Magicka Regen: 1731
    Out Of Combat Magicka Regen: 1398

LIVE:
    Magicka Regen Per Character Screen: 163
    In Combat Magicka Regen: 163
    Out Of Combat Magicka Regen: 212
    not just a pts bug. This screen is from the 11.11.2014 on live:

Screenshot_20141111_201824.jpg

In the picture I see you have the addon Softcap Info.
    Consider that on PTS, if you have on this addon even if outdated, it generates some bugs on the character's panel.
    I had it enabled on PTS and both critical chances were around 300% and 500%, that is impossible, and several other stats wrong too.
    I disabled this addon and stats were fine and crit around 20% and 40%.

I presume that the stat most bugged it can also be related to the Mundus Stone in use (I had Thief on PTS) and Divine as trait on armor.
    So, if you have that addon, maybe Atronach as Mundus stone and divine traits on gear, the outdated addon can be the issue.

On PTS the template character is WW and magicka recovery seems to be correct.
    On live server I have a character WW and magicka recovery is the exactly the same it was when not WW.

@Valencer: yes, I have the same graphical issue.
    Edited by Helluin on January 29, 2015 8:00PM
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
    Options
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    just about all the set bonuses on the pvp gear from the "rewards for the worthy" are way too low, the 2h sword set is giving something like 130 health for 2 piece, and .5% crit for 3 piece set... same for the other weapons

Does Noble Duelist's silks still have training on it? I hope not. I tried to buy a bunch of Unfathomable v14 Large Light Armor bags from the vendor at North Morrowind base and after opening them I ran into a problem where I got stuck in cursor mode. I could only move forward, could not turn around, and could not interact with npcs. Some of the bags weren't vanishing after looting initially.

Update:: I logged out of my main switched to an alt and relogged on the main in Cyro and bought another set of 10 bags. The same issue occurred again.

did get 2 pcs of Almalexia's Mercy though....
    Options
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    Already see a nightmare in the making. Yet another update that is going to break a lot of things. I hope ZOS will keep UD 6 on the PTS until all tester issues are looked into and fixed. Already read one post were Stealth is really messed up.

After everybodies 'OOOO SHINEY!" wears off they will realize how broken and *** up this update is.

It is on the PTS for a reason LOL. Do you ever stop crying or is that just your ultimate ability being spammed over and over?
    Options
  • BalerionBlackDread
    BalerionBlackDread
    ✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    I'm getting some weird graphical effects on the champion system overview. Black rectangular lines around the constellations. They seem to cut off some of the other effects, like the clouds.

3ABBCC0B48FBEB9E89FF031EC77AEF91E317AF84

0712AEE5DA8E2A23E2450A0B622969887B01A84A

Anybody else getting this?

Yep, just checked it as I read your post. I didn't even notice it before.

f58fx2v1ukbf.png
    Options
  • BalerionBlackDread
    BalerionBlackDread
    ✭✭✭
    The Trafficker skill in the Legerdemain skill line reads 120%/140% increase to fence limit for the first 2 levels respectively. I started with 50 then went to 110 then with the second point I went to 120. So is it supposed to be 140% of the base 50? Or 140% of the new base 110?
    Edited by BalerionBlackDread on January 29, 2015 8:45PM
    Options
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade >> Assassination >> Mark Target

When casting this ability on a target, if unstealthed, it pulls the target.
    If stealthed, sometimes you are removed from stealth, sometimes the target (Pve) enters in combat without attack but staying still in its position; the following damage ability you use doesn't deal any damage on target.

I presume, as others as tested, that in PvP you are removed from stealth.

This ability then appears to be bugged or completely changed in the mechanic.
    Infact on live servers you can cast this ability remaining stealthed.
    Considering the utility of this skill and especially of one of its morph (Piercing Mark), with this bug it loses a great part of its functionality.

Ticket 150129-001265
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
    Options
  • Lalaeith
    Lalaeith
    ✭✭✭
    Helluin wrote: »
    Nightblade >> Assassination >> Mark Target

When casting this ability on a target, if unstealthed, it pulls the target.
    If stealthed, sometimes you are removed from stealth, sometimes the target (Pve) enters in combat without attack but staying still in its position; the following damage ability you use doesn't deal any damage on target. [...]

Noticed that too, really hope it's a bug and not a change in mechanics.
    Options
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wabice wrote: »
    ejludsd5qj0g.png
    I practically get one-shot by the guards (I don't get over 23k HP even with Structured Entropy, Food Buffs, and 62 points in Health factored in). Plus you die so hard the game freezes for about 5 seconds. I know getting caught by the guards is supposed to be avoided, but trying to escape if caught is impossible if you can get one-shot after getting pulled in with fiery chains. Is this intended?

Stats seem to have dropped all over.

On live my toon had 2,800 health.

I thought it was supposed to scale 10x,

but on PTS with same geat it's only 14k.

So that's basically 1.4k on live... when you consider the damage scaling.

I don't know if others are having this issue, but it seems really have to get stats up to par now. So in PvP with damage being up, there's a lot of 1-shotting going on.

I guess it's back to my NB snipe build....
    Options
  • polar
    polar
    ✭✭✭
    I love many of the changes in 1.6. I am really happy. However, there are some real problems that I have discovered in just a few hours....

Marked Target/Reaper's Mark: I concur on marked target/reaper's mark pulls me out of stealth. It also agros the mob. I was just outside of Belkarth and I marked a guard while I was in stealth (I did not attack him...just marked him) and he killed me.

Ultimate: I am not entirely sure how the math on building ultimate should work, but here is the scenario. I started with quest Seeker's Archeive with 0 ultimate. Myself and two others killed the Mage and all of his adds, the Thief and her adds (she killed me twice...both were one-hits...more on that below), and then the Warrior and his adds (I died twice, once to adds, and once as a one-hit from the warrior).... I STILL did not have ultimate up. Really? Am I supposed to gain it that slowly? FYI the Ult I was trying to get up was Vail of Blades.

Damage: Yea, that damage...I run full medium with 2 armor rings (reduce damage)and I am now being one-hit. I used to be able to do this content no problem and now... they just destroy me. I understand that medium has lower mitigation...but this seems extreme.

Stamina: So, 1.6 was supposed to make some progress in making stamina builds viable. Well, it went the other way. Yes, I can now scale some skills off of stamina and weapon power (that is great), but there also are some major resource management issues. I haven't pinned down exactly where it is yet. I have tested things like how far can I sprint on live vs PTS (they are the same), how many steel tornadoes can I spam before I run out (the same), how many dodge rolls can I pull off in a row (far fewer in PTS), and then I get into combat... my stamina is just gone... quick. I cant even finish a group of trash mobs. Something is broken it seems like. (and I STILL have to pull everything...dodging, blocking, attacking, running from one resource... that makes a stamina build really hard to make viable..please consider ways to mitigate this (like free dodge roll if in 5 pieces of medium or something)

Set bonuses: There are so many bonuses that are broken (and it is not just a typo in the tooltip) ...I have to imagine they are broken and not working as intended because who would mean to drop a 3 piece bonus to a boost of 1% crit or even a boost of 0% crit... ummm.... Plus, it seems like jewelry bonuses are garbage...they just dont count for much in 1.6. Their impact has been minimized too much.
    Polar Nightshade

Guild Master of The Noore
    thenoore.net
    Options
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death recap still has this as a hint

*Mark Target lets an enemy ignore your armor and resistances, but you do the same to them. Prepare for a fast paced battle!
    Edited by Domander on January 29, 2015 10:02PM
    Options