Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update 6 Testing Suggestions and Feedback Wanted

• Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syntse wrote: »
    With 1.6.3. the character selection screen seems to do weird stuff. Needs more testing tho.

First when I opened PTS after the update my first char had the gear on but all char customizations were missing it was plain white to start with khajiit. Going to my next char it was ok, going back to first the customizations were back. Now started to select other chars as well. Some of them randomly had no customizations and going back and forth they randomly appeared and disappeared. Also for some chars it didn't even load the char to the view. So something doesn't seem to be right there.

Going to see this more today if it happens again or if it was just random occasion, since didn't have too much time yesterday to play around. Just something that might want to take a look at.

Took another look and here's the result...

http://youtu.be/Hj0g78bqSkg

Though I doubt that this has gone unnoticed but reporting here anyway.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ageless wrote: »
    I see there's no Outlaw Refuge in Skywatch, Audiron. Is that by design?
    Yes. There's only one Outlaws Refuge per zone, and Auridon's is in Vulkhel Guard.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Zlater
    Zlater
    ✭✭✭
    So I did do it, I made a stamina based sorcerer work... woo go Zlater!
    I also did this ;P
    2iFefcM.jpg
    It's easier to get than it is in live, I think the xp gain is just right.

This is the most effective Stamina DPS sorc. I could build (below). What annoys me though is that the only thing sorc-related on there is Critical Surge, and that's kinda put to shame by the required use of entropy on there. The ult is usually Flawless or Ice Comet. Dark Deal was also NOT a saving grace for the sorc!
    Dark Deal was actually suicide, playing stamina you need to be very engaged and on time. Being so close to combat an unbreakable 4 seconds with no damage output (an almost stun) always left me worse off than without dark deal. Could you make the Dark Deal morph use-able while attacking and using other abilities at rank 4. Or *cringes a little* at the very base minimum, a... toggable at rank 4?
    A lot of people have been upset about the sorc stam builds, but I think this alone could completely re-balance the Sorc to something more on par with the other classes with a much cleaner patch to the skill, there wouldn't be much you can do this far into the PTS, but please, do this! It's what I believe to be the perfect fix.
    Heres the pic btw:
    sfapH8K.jpg

I also did the Dual Wielding thing too.
    This I find fits much nicer with the sorc, and with the new changes it really shines 1 on 1. When your attacking a group though, please expect to die. I love the new thundering presence too, it puts you back into the game by helping to ease your attention from your ability timers. A Sorc will probably never be as sneaky as a NB, and I do love the in your face nature of a DW Sorc, so I'm happy with this, it doesn't seem too strong or weak here.
    TOcXdCg.jpg
    Ask for an invite to the greatest network of guilds ever. Redfur Trading, Redfur Exchange and Redfur Army!

www.redfurconnect.com
    Options
  • kurstein
    kurstein
    ✭✭✭
    is it the plan not to make Eyevea a zone were you can steal (found no containers to steal from)
    Edited by kurstein on February 20, 2015 3:27PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear" all hail the night mother
    Options
  • kurstein
    kurstein
    ✭✭✭
    how can I get bounty on me if I sneak att. 1 alone npc in a house and by the way it is my NB and I stun for 8 sec the npc never com out of stun before they are death. so the npc cant yell and alone so nobody see it
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear" all hail the night mother
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kurstein wrote: »
    is it the plan not to make Eveved a zone were you can steal (found no containers to steal from)
    Are you referring to Eyevea? If it's anything like previous Elder Scrolls games, you could not steal general items from guilds you are part of, so since you are a member of the Mages Guild, it may be that you are allowed to take any Guild-owned items without repercussions.
    kurstein wrote: »
    how can I get bounty on me if I sneak att. 1 alone npc in a house and by the way it is my NB and I stun for 8 sec the npc never com out of stun before they are death. so the npc cant yell and alone so nobody see it
    If you sneak attack someone and kill them directly with no witnesses, there is nobody to report a bounty, so you can't get one. If you actually want to get a bounty, you would either have to kill someone with witnesses around so the witnesses report you, or not kill them with your first hit so they can report you before they die.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Options
  • kurstein
    kurstein
    ✭✭✭
    @Enodoc yes I get bounty if I kill the only one npc in a small house if I not one shot the the nps. but if the npc is stuned I cant call of help. but I get the bounty just after landing my sneak attack if the npc not gets killed.
    Options
  • kurstein
    kurstein
    ✭✭✭
    @Enodoc and on steal from guild yes you can steal from guild all other mage guild houses in normal and vet. zone have safebox you can steal from, so way not the mage guild zone (maybe just a forgotten zone)
    Options
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    What's the use of having to deliver your first ever selflessly finished enchantment writ in Auridon, to the Alliance Supply Depot that's next to the Elden Root tree in Grahtwood, the next zone over? I saw it was asked here as well, so apparently it's the same situation on Live.

Shouldn't this be somewhat closer to home as well? The Blacksmithing/Clothing/Woodworking writs can be delivered at a guy on the beach just outside Vulkhel Guard, so why not the Enchanter writ? Let me guess, the Alchemist and Provisioner writs also have to be delivered way over there? Good way then not to go make them.
    Edited by Ageless on February 20, 2015 6:26PM
    Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
    'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
    And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
    I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

Options
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    Dye station, colours.
    Check the ring on the helmet. I dyed it 4 times with black and dark grey colours.

c5uqmpqg84qq.jpg
    Obsidian Black
    tj3qfjpk5qsi.jpg
    Maormer-Eyes Gray
    zzf8c6twniyx.jpg
    Thalmor Black
    pqnlxe36qwvr.jpg
    Necromancer Blue

The worst thing is, the Necromancer Blue looks more like gray and the Maormer-Eyes Gray looks like blue.
    The two black look definite gray.

The helmet itself was coloured with a dark blue hue btw. Looks like black, ey?
    Jord.

Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ageless wrote: »
    What's the use of having to deliver your first ever selflessly finished enchantment writ in Auridon, to the Alliance Supply Depot that's next to the Elden Root tree in Grahtwood, the next zone over? I saw it was asked here as well, so apparently it's the same situation on Live.

Shouldn't this be somewhat closer to home as well? The Blacksmithing/Clothing/Woodworking writs can be delivered at a guy on the beach just outside Vulkhel Guard, so why not the Enchanter writ? Let me guess, the Alchemist and Provisioner writs also have to be delivered way over there? Good way then not to go make them.
    Had you already ranked up in Potency Improvement? Once you unlock the next level of that passive, writs are turned in to the next zone. Rank I - Auridon, Rank II - Grahtwood, Rank III - Greenshade, and so on.
    Options
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Had you already ranked up in Potency Improvement?
    Yeah probably, because once you hit level 10 you'll want to make better glyphs. Yet at level 10-15 I wouldn't want to be walking around in Grahtwood. That's about lethal with it being a level 16-23 zone.

So soit, I have abandoned those writs. I doubt I'll have time to come back to them before a next possible server switch-over, or before Update 6 goes live.
    Jord.

Options
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I just played the PTS and tried the "ledgerdemain" skills. I feel like there needs to be some sort of "aiming" cue or hints in the tutorial of how to increase your chances to pickpocket. For instance: I'd sneak behind someone and it would say "easy" with a 40% chance to steal... then, after a second or two it'd jump to 65% and then back down. What makes the chance increase? I didn't move. They didn't move. Is it where I hovered my mouse reticle that caused the jump in chance?

Also, I remember seeing a tutorial about the Outlaw Refuge that said something along the effect of "read everything... some papers might give you hints to treasures... missions... etc" (I don't remember the exact verbiage) But, I did notice that in the Elden Root refuge, a mage hinted about setting a fire to scare the trolls guarding the bank. Is this an actual mission? I tried looking EVERYWHERE for a mage in the mage's guild that would start the fire.

And, for the love of Sithis, man... my VR14 Nightblade can't sneak worth dookie now. I feel like I've dropped quite a few levels... He's a nightblade, bosmer, vampire with 5 pieces of leather armor. He should be VERY sneaky.

One last thing: Please put a skill in that causes a wolf or spider to assist you. I kept seeing what looked like Bosmer...rangers(?)... getting spiders or wolves to help them attack during real game play. If my enemy can do it... why can't I?

v/r

Me
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    Options
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the changes to puncturing sweep are a problem. I completely agree that it needed changeing it had to good of dps to heal and cc, but that said the cc is too terrible to justify cc immunity.

cc immunity from a tiny blip is actually favoring the person hit. perhaps we could test a version that removes knock-back completely and adds a strong snare.
    Options
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had time to test where there are outlaw refuges, but I thought they would exist in any populated area, not just in one area per zone. That just doesn't make sense to me. I can't find anything in the patch notes regarding only one refuge per zone. Skywatch is certainly large enough to warrant having one.
    Edited by Ysne58 on February 21, 2015 4:07AM
    Options
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, thanks for the improvements to textures, 2D waiting-pictures etc... The art is always enjoyable and it's looking even better. Maybe the 2D artist can also code? you know all hands on deck. bad joke I know. anyway thank you.
    Edited by Sacadon on February 21, 2015 8:28PM
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If y'all do release this Monday or whatever day next week, be prepared for many rage threads.

This update is nowhere near ready for release, and if y'all release it now, it will do more harm than good.
    Options
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    As ever, the enchanting runestones can be found from the beginning of playing in the world. But why oh why do I need to find a Rekuta first, a Denata second and a Kuta third? I am a level 3-4 paddawan on the 1.6.4 patch. To be able to use those takes several ages. Not in the lifetime of the character on the PTS.
    Jord.

Options
  • eduard-malcevb16_ESO
    eduard-malcevb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Sometimes when I'm attacked by a Guard inside a house, I can't leave the house anymore (the door is not interactable) making it impossible to flee. That's really frustrating and takes away from the fun I'm having with the Justice System :(
    Options
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please provide a template that allows us to test:

- Vampire
    - Researched Traits

I may find a way to get a vamp bite on EU but don't see me learning all the key traits in any reasonable amount of time.

Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So many people complained about the Willow's Path set when ZoS changed to a regeneration set so ZoS reverted the changes back. Now this set is barely used so can we have the changes back as you (ZoS) wanted to be as a resource generation set. Or just change the 5 passive of Oblivion's Foe to "Willow's Path: Increase all regeneration in combat by 15%".
    Because I can!
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Resto staff heavy attack consist of 3 dot ticks. Resto staff passive Essence drain says it healing of % of damage done, however it heals % of 1st dot tick damage <-- healing is laughable and passive is useless. Make Healing based on all 3 dot ticks.
    Options
  • Siluen
    Siluen
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got around 150k champion point xp from completing the Veteran Thrall Slayer achievement in Spindleclutch. Is recieving xp from achievements intended? If it is, I am pretty screwed over with over 12k achievement points already obtained. :/
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Siluen wrote: »
    I got around 150k champion point xp from completing the Veteran Thrall Slayer achievement in Spindleclutch. Is recieving xp from achievements intended? If it is, I am pretty screwed over with over 12k achievement points already obtained. :/
    No new content no new achievements for the old players. I hate alts so I have to grind........

Because I can!
    Options
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Siluen wrote: »
    if this work for all achievements ZOS must give exp to all....or it's give an advantage between players
    if 10 achievements (for Veteran Thrall Slayer )=150k exp then i should receive 199kk exp B) ~500 CP

@ZOS_GinaBruno can we receive some info about it?
    Edited by Exstazik on February 22, 2015 9:48PM
    Options
  • Inco
    Inco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Justice System FEEDBACK

My MAIN POINTS and then answers below to the Q&A requested!
    1. Pickpocketing needs work - the ROI is worse than looting Crates/Barrels (Less RNG Chance to get caught)
    2. Easy, Medium, Hard seems to have the SAME loot. Why? As above the ROI sucks against risk of caught.
    3. HATE that laundering is of no value. Paying same amount as its worth is stupid. Make it 25% cost - sell for 75% fence. (100g item cost 25g to launder and you can sell anywhere for 100g to get 75g net).
    4. Leveling VERY slow going and will be worse when go live with so many seeking to max out levels
    5. LOVE the fact you can lay low to clear your heat. (Takes a LONG time, but I think it's a good time)

•Did being able to commit crimes add to your level of enjoyment?
    - Yes, I think it was FUN to do, but seemed to get old fast due to a couple factors.
    - I think if pickpocketing gets tweaked a little bit it might be in a better place.
    - I recall hearing something about being able to catch folks with Bounty, but didn't see anything on that in game. I think if this really did happen people are going to CAMP the fence locations and just farm/grief people constantly.

•What was the most and least satisfying thing about the Justice system?
    - Too many people now in locked houses making it hard to steal things w/o being caught.
    - Very cool that we have REAL LOOT in crates, boxes, etc. are better than live.
    - Pickpocketing is NOT worth it and I'd say it's pretty close to "Don't bother" category. (Loot crates instead)

•Did the Legerdemain skill line feel appropriately rewarding for the activity?
    - NO it was not. Took a while just to get level 3 and you should get way more reward/loot for pickpocketing.
    - Found that stealing from crates, barrels was better than RISK of pickpocketing and return on loot.

•Was the Justice system clear in what you could and could not do? If not, what was not readily apparent?
    - YES the RED made good sense.
    - Pickpocketing has issues. You sneak up and the %% changes for no reason. Seems to BOUNCE and you can go from 25% to 65% and click to see it's 25% again and you get caught. It should REMAIN at a certain spot for xx Seconds when changed. (Tried different positions, not moving, moving, etc)

•Were other players that were participating in the Justice system disruptive to your experience in a city? Did you feel being able to kill NPCs disrupted your own enjoyment of the city environment?
    - NO, but it will be a problem. I did find a LOT of empty pockets, but didn't seem too bad. That said on LIVE it's going to SUCK a lot to find someone when every person in game will likely focus on this new shiny and flood forums with "NOTHING to STEAL" posts.

•How much gold are you averaging in total after an hour of Justice activities?
    - Pickpocketing - LOSING money and it's not worth doing with being caught too much and instant bounty.
    - Looting other items and stealing MAKING some serious cash/points. Pickpocketing needs a serious BUMP on ROI dropping way better loot for "Med, Hard" ones (Now it's better loot in crates still with less chance).
    - Per hour doesn't matter - say you have 110 fence for the day and best item I've seen is only 100g your MAX for the day is 11,000 gold and that's if you don't get caught. Takes a couple hours to collect 110 items that sell for 100g items.
    - The blue 250g items I did find, but they had been harder to collect.

•Which Justice activities seem to be the most and least profitable and effective?
    - Pickpocketing is seems useless and money drain due to RNG and instant bounty.
    - LOOTING the crates, barrels, etc is WAY more profitable as you can see what is lootable and just grab 100g+ items.

•Did you find murder and/or theft to be justly punitive?
    - Yes... you get your butt killed quickly.
    - Overall the scale when caught seems to be pretty even and fair across the board.

•How clear is the process to fence a stolen item, and how you use the system for profit?
    - It is.. but still a pain to find places. You almost have to commit crimes NEAR a fence and cash out often.

•Is it clear when you are and are not being witnessed committing a crime?
    - NO it's not. Didn't see anything stating that I was being seen (Checked for EYE and didn't see it even). The "Detected" was showing most the time, but was pretty hard to go perfect inviso.

•Are the mechanics of pickpocketing clear?
    - NO has some issues. Why is is GREEN and jumps up and then drops down faster than clickable.
    - The loot that drops is not worth the hassle if you have bags full of stolen goods.
    - The Easy/Med/Hard doesn't seem to drop loot EQUAL to those odds of pickpocketing w/o being caught.
    - Right now pickpocketing IMHO is not worth doing as you have better loot from Crates/Barrels w/o chance of bounty.

•Are the bounty UI elements clear?
    - Yes. Seems pretty good to me how it works, but NO INDICATORS what so ever on if you are seen looting crates.

•Is the recourse for paying your bounty when you are kill on sight and finding a fence clear?
    - Yes - works for me. Seems pretty fair.
    - What about players killing players with bounties? I recall hearing about that, but didn't see that happen.

•How was the cadence of skill advancement?
    - TOO SLOW and after 2nd day still only level 4. When go live hits will be slower with so many trying to get.
    - Need to add points to skill for pickpocketing A LOT to give it some meaning.
    - Success = more points and Fail = crate # points. Easy/Med/Hard should also give MORE points.

•Were the legerdemain skills desirable and effective?
    - Yes and no. I'm thinking you should ADD one that gives higher chance for way better LOOT on NPC's.
    - Shocked to see lockpick are so high up to learn and should be dropped 1-2 levels.

•Were you able to find Outlaws Refuges when needed?
    - OPEN map and BOOM found two entrances. Seemed okay to me.

•Was it easy to distinguish between selling and laundering stolen items?
    - Two different tabs seems good to me, but would like a SORT feature on inventory for Stolen only items.
    - Launder is a WASTE as it cost the ENTIRE AMOUNT/VALUE to laundry.. Should be a fraction of the value as it makes no sense to "Launder" the item for 100g and then later sell for 100g if you don't want. WHY? Change to 25% COST to launder an item. 100g would cost 25g to launder and you only net 75g later if you sell to a normal vendor. Selling to fence gives me 100g directly instead so what VALUE is laundering? I mean if its mats I use to make something its instantly laundered.

•Were other players able to hinder your ability to profit from Justice activities?
    - YES! Even on PTS some of the cities NPC's had empty pockets. Will be worse on LIVE with everyone doing it and the need to be so close to fences.
    Edited by Inco on February 22, 2015 10:34PM
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inco wrote: »
    - Launder is a WASTE as it cost the ENTIRE AMOUNT/VALUE to laundry.. Should be a fraction of the value as it makes no sense to "Launder" the item for 100g and then later sell for 100g if you don't want. WHY? Change to 25% COST to launder an item. 100g would cost 25g to launder and you only net 75g later if you sell to a normal vendor. Selling to fence gives me 100g directly instead so what VALUE is laundering? I mean if its mats I use to make something its instantly laundered.
    The only point in laundering something is to keep it. If you're going to sell it, you don't need to launder it, just sell it straight to the fence.

Interesting that you can use stolen mats in crafting; I thought they would have to be laundered first. It seems if that's the case then there's not really anything worth laundering (unless you want some costumes, I guess).
    Options
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Advice: Make Momentum and it's morphs a toggle ability. As it's active the skill passively heals you and/or increases healing over time in addition to the Major Brutality buff.

Forward Momentum will remove a snare or root every 3 seconds at the cost of X Stamina.

Rally will give an increased heal and if you turn it off/get debuffed or whatever it is, it heals you big time.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feedback from 1.6.4
    Essentially the same as before.
    • I would like to see buffs and debuffs tracked in Active Effects. (After trying a potion and the Templar skill Sun Fire, these have not appeared; a bug with those things, or still just not implemented?)
    • No gameplay or UI differences between Disreputable and Notorious. Vendors should not talk to you when you are Notorious, as the pop-up help suggests they will not, and different UI icons for each state (per previous example) would be beneficial.
    • There is a Guild Trader, a Merchant and a Moneylender in the Outlaws Refuges, in addition to the Fences. They should also appear on the Map with the Fences when you hover over the Refuge icon so that you know they are there.
    Options
  • draeganb16_ESO
    draeganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    With the new ultimate generation and the new Blood Rage passive, Werewolf Transformation became very very expensive. (300, more than most ultimates)
    The Blood Rage passive is fine, it give werewolves more time during combat and prevent other "non-real werewolf player" to became one only for ultimate generation. A good rework, I think

One simple solution : Lower the cost of Werewolf Transformation to scale with other ultimate. Given the fact that transforming into werewolf do not give real improvement in damage dealing, the amount of ultimate would not be that high but something like 150 or less.

Thanks for listening to me Dev's :)
    Edited by draeganb16_ESO on February 23, 2015 7:47PM
    When Bloodmoon calls, Rivers turns red.
    Options