Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

100 crowns for each prior month for subscribers. (WOW! 250+ AGREES!)

• SanderBuraas
    SanderBuraas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A1exeR wrote: »
    Smepic wrote: »
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Jiigen wrote: »
    But it's good to know our "bonus" won't even come close to covering one DLC. It covers a guar mount.... that's something.

Edit: these prices look to be about $1 per 100C. That means a $15 sub=1500C. That's great! I'm very pleased with the store prices and what Crown subscribers WILL get. Nicely done @ZOS

Which then in the ends brings us back to $15 a month over a year having translated into gametime for a year and less than $12 back in crowns.

Yes.. yes it does indeed. Which brings me back to it not being enough. There's no way to know if giving us more Crowns would cost ZOS money (as in... money we wouldn't be spending in the store) but I'm thinking of it this way.

NOTE: I know these thoughts won't apply to everyone.

Those of us who are subscribers (and are upset about the B2P change) might feel more goodwill from ZOS if we are given more Crowns. Which might lead to more subscriptions, especially to those of us who are on the fence.

Those of us who continue to subscribe will feel more free to spend more Crowns in the store and may get comfortable with the way the store works. leading to future use of the Crown Store.

Some of us may be thinking of "saving up" our Crowns to buy the DLC. If this is done, it won't benefit ZOS because we won't be wearing or using the Crown store items in game. (This is me. I don't plan on spending much money in the Crown store at all until I see what DLC costs)

Hopefully ZOS will listen and will reward those of us who have supported them this first year with more Crown than the price of 10 health potions.

Stop begging for more crowns. They are introducing a new financial model to the game, of which did not exist before, and neither did the crown store. You have previously paid for access to the game, not for a supply of crowns in the future. They are giving previous subscribers a small bonus amount of crowns as a thank you for supporting the game. If you want more crowns, keep on subscribing after March.

They are required to give more crowns!
    They promised to do updates every 4-6 weeks. Where's my update 1.6 on the live server? 1.5 installed almost 3 months ago, and 1.6 still does not have and probably will be in the end of February.
    And then until the summer there will be nothing. For this we paid for a year?
    They promised a lot of things, the imperial city, the creation of spells and so on. Now they have all this even though we sell for extra money. It's a scam.

As far as a game goes, there is no guarantee. You chose yourself to pay the monthly subscription to this game, and you have to stand responsible for that. They are working hard on bug fixes and new content, and you don't know how difficult it must be for them.

You can't take anything for granted in the gaming industry. You can choose to subscribe to the game (until March), and if you don't like how sparce they update the game, you are free to unsubscribe. They are not required to provide any amount of crowns.
  • SanderBuraas
    SanderBuraas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrithu wrote: »
    Whats insulting is people crying that theyre getting ANYTHING AT ALL.

How many MMOs have gone F2P/B2P in the past and gave you ANYTHING as far as a cash equivilent for your prior time in the game?

Ill wait.

SWTOR did. In fact I am still getting Cartel Coins every month although I am not playing and not subbed just for keeping my mobile security key running.

LotR Online did as well.

I am pretty sure that every sub based MMO that went F2P/B2P so far actually rewarded people that had subs prior to that.

Zenimax have decided to reward people with previous subscriptions. They have also chosen not to provide a massive amount, as this financial model was not previously in the game, and there was no guarantee that this would happen in the past.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean something like 'subscription is the way to go', ' we shut down the servers before going f2p/b2p' or 'continue to play, we track your xp for champion points'?
    Or what about 'Imperial city is finished, we are testing it and roll it out soon'?
    Oh,oh and 'our players wanted the change to f2p/b2p'

Is that dishonesty enough?
    Corporate pressure; that's not dishonesty, that's Zenimax Media telling them to do it, whether ZOS want to or not, to ensure that revenue keeps coming in.
    They did track XP for Champion Points. Just not much of it since they decided to slash the system by a factor of 4.
    Last I heard about Imperial City was that it was not finished, and they want to make sure it's a good experience before they do release it. This was likely a result of testing, but I never heard them say it was actually ready.
    The change to B2P was wanted by some of those who gave their views. They never said it was a majority opinion.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But they already had paying subscribers, and apparently enough of them
    Where do you get that idea from?

All the evidence from previous games that went this route, not to mention in-game evidence for several months, is that player numbers plummeted and subs in large numbers weren't renewed.

What evidence do you have to support your assumption?

The fatuous "we listened to feedback" was laughable, and treated ZOS' players like idiots if ZOS expected us to swallow it .. the only feedback pointing to B2P at all likely were the cancellation survey responses.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on January 30, 2015 3:04PM
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How many MMOs have gone F2P/B2P in the past and gave you ANYTHING as far as a cash equivilent for your prior time in the game?

Ill wait.
    Given all the replies you had pointing out SW:TOR did, as well as LOTRO and I seem to recall Rift I presume you feel rather silly now posting that.

• davedesigns
    davedesigns
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with OP - paying subscribers should get a whole lot more for enduring thus far.

Been with this game since day 1 and I feel like I'm getting the short end of the stick after having to PAY GOOD MONEY to deal with all the bug fixes and rebalancing for the last year.

Let's see, $80 for Imperial edition + $15 x 11 months = a whole lotta mula for an UNFINISHED GAME that was just going to go F2P anyway...

And it's not like they just decided this in the last month or two, this change has been in the works for some time. I really feel shafted here. :\

Hopefully that special mount they alluded to will make up for it but we'll see...
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Smepic wrote: »
    But it's good to know our "bonus" won't even come close to covering one DLC. It covers a guar mount.... that's something.

Edit: these prices look to be about $1 per 100C. That means a $15 sub=1500C. That's great! I'm very pleased with the store prices and what Crown subscribers WILL get. Nicely done @ZOS

Which then in the ends brings us back to $15 a month over a year having translated into gametime for a year and less than $12 back in crowns.

Yes.. yes it does indeed. Which brings me back to it not being enough. There's no way to know if giving us more Crowns would cost ZOS money (as in... money we wouldn't be spending in the store) but I'm thinking of it this way.

NOTE: I know these thoughts won't apply to everyone.

Those of us who are subscribers (and are upset about the B2P change) might feel more goodwill from ZOS if we are given more Crowns. Which might lead to more subscriptions, especially to those of us who are on the fence.

Those of us who continue to subscribe will feel more free to spend more Crowns in the store and may get comfortable with the way the store works. leading to future use of the Crown Store.

Some of us may be thinking of "saving up" our Crowns to buy the DLC. If this is done, it won't benefit ZOS because we won't be wearing or using the Crown store items in game. (This is me. I don't plan on spending much money in the Crown store at all until I see what DLC costs)

Hopefully ZOS will listen and will reward those of us who have supported them this first year with more Crown than the price of 10 health potions.

Stop begging for more crowns. They are introducing a new financial model to the game, of which did not exist before, and neither did the crown store. You have previously paid for access to the game, not for a supply of crowns in the future. They are giving previous subscribers a small bonus amount of crowns as a thank you for supporting the game. If you want more crowns, keep on subscribing after March.

I'm keeping this topic visible. I've made my points and I've taken the insults from the community. I feel the 100C is an insult to us and ZOS has shown us that they are reasonable.

Feel free to not visit this thread if you don't want to see the "begging".

It's 100 crowns per month subbed, plus a monthly 1500 crowns a month for staying subbed, I don't see an insult. In fact we will have a healthy initial amount to start with, and if they are as cosmetic as they are saying we won't need that many.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A1exeR wrote: »
    They are required to give more crowns!
    They promised to do updates every 4-6 weeks. Where's my update 1.6 on the live server? 1.5 installed almost 3 months ago, and 1.6 still does not have and probably will be in the end of February.
    And then until the summer there will be nothing. For this we paid for a year?
    They promised a lot of things, the imperial city, the creation of spells and so on. Now they have all this even though we sell for extra money. It's a scam.

Oh my goodness! I didn't realize 1.5 was so long ago! And I wouldn't expect 1.5 until the f2p switchover on March 17th. So 1.5 went live November 4th so that will be 19 weeks between 1.5 & 1.6... almost 5 months. wow.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's 100 crowns per month subbed, plus a monthly 1500 crowns a month for staying subbed, I don't see an insult. In fact we will have a healthy initial amount to start with, and if they are as cosmetic as they are saying we won't need that many.

100C per month is a "healthy" amount? seriously? Individually that buys nothing. The cheapest thing in the store is a potion pack for 200C.

In total, for the past year's subscription, that won't even buy a Guar mount. It will, however, buy 3 cheap costumez, or 1 cheap costume and 1 mid-range costume, or 1 expensive costume.

If they gave us 1500C for each moth subscribed it would allow us to buy about half of what is currently in the Crown store. (which is well over 30,000C worth of items). Being that there will be a team dedicated to releasing Crown Store content I suspect we will see that update pretty regularly.

Then there's the DLC that will likely cost 5,000C+ (being that one costume can cost 1,000C) I really don't see how rewarding us with more Crown for each month subscribed (yes, even as much as 1500C for each month) would "break" their store. There are STILL plenty of options for those who are going to stay subbed AND those who are not to pay additional monies to get crown store items because I'm pretty sure 1500 per month is only going to buy a very small portion of what is released in the crown store.
    Edited by Gidorick on January 30, 2015 5:47PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

100C per month is a "healthy" amount? seriously? Individually that buys nothing. The cheapest thing in the store is a potion pack for 200C.

Well, yes. Remember you will be getting it alongside the 1500 crowns for subbing that month, which means you can get all sorts.

It's 1500 crowns every month.
    The one off Reward was never going to be that high, they want us to buy crowns, if we buy everything in the first month with free money the game won't last long.

Personally I will be looking at a few less obvious buys, I can get mount skins later, and will only want the outfit for my sorc (I've seen what some light armours will look like, not my style) and these can wait. Not going to say what I'm thinking of in case they raise the price, and please don't jinx it for me by guessing :wink:
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, yes. Remember you will be getting it alongside the 1500 crowns for subbing that month, which means you can get all sorts.

It's 1500 crowns every month.
    The one off Reward was never going to be that high, they want us to buy crowns, if we buy everything in the first month with free money the game won't last long.

Personally I will be looking at a few less obvious buys, I can get mount skins later, and will only want the outfit for my sorc (I've seen what some light armours will look like, not my style) and these can wait. Not going to say what I'm thinking of in case they raise the price, and please don't jinx it for me by guessing :wink:

You should have read further into my response. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    If they gave us 1500C for each moth subscribed it would allow us to buy about half of what is currently in the Crown store. (which is well over 30,000C worth of items). Being that there will be a team dedicated to releasing Crown Store content I suspect we will see that update pretty regularly.

1,500*12=18000
    18,000+500 (for owning the game) =18,500
    1,500 (for 1st month of sub to ESO:TU) + 1,500 = 20,000
    30,000-20,000=10,000 crowns MORE if we wanted to buy everything in the first month.

Us buying everything in the first month with free crowns couldn't happen even if they gave us the full 1500C per month... and most of us would be happy with 500C per month.
    Edited by Gidorick on January 31, 2015 2:27PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    And the costumes would only get more interesting if you can wear guild tabards in addition to a costume.
    The people who just want the DLC will save anyway, and will eventually have too many crowns left and thus won't be buying more Crowns. So it really wouldn't be breaking their new business model, it would simply ensure more that people who have been playing and paying the least, have to pay more if they want more exclusive stuff.
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ill wait.

All of them? Age of Conan, Lord of the Rings Online and others. LOTRO I had almost 10k turbine points at relaunch because I was a lifer, founder and been subbed continuously since launch. You get 500 a month so 10,000 is a LOT.
    Edited by jamesharv2005ub17_ESO on January 31, 2015 2:40PM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the costumes would only get more interesting if you can wear guild tabards in addition to a costume.
    The people who just want the DLC will save anyway, and will eventually have too many crowns left and thus won't be buying more Crowns. So it really wouldn't be breaking their new business model, it would simply ensure more that people who have been playing and paying the least, have to pay more if they want more exclusive stuff.

I am VERY curious to know if I spend ZERO Crown in the Crown Store on vanity items, will a subscription yield enough to let me buy the DLC. Being that DLC is likely going to be once... twice a year, I'm thinking it will.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    Being that DLC is likely going to be once... twice a year, I'm thinking it will.

Say what now? That's very different from the 8-9 times a year we were promised. But I guess that was for ESO, not TU... Disappointing yet again.
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being that DLC is likely going to be once... twice a year, I'm thinking it will.

Say what now? That's very different from the 8-9 times a year we were promised. But I guess that was for ESO, not TU... Disappointing yet again.

lol. I know right?!?!
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Dreamo84
    Dreamo84
    ✭✭✭
    They don't need to give us anything at all! We paid our sub for access to the game. The fact that the game model is changing now has no bearing on what we paid for previously.

If they got rid of the sub all together would you be suggesting everyone be refunded all the subscription fees they paid?
    Dream it, wish it, do it... or something...
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreamo84 wrote: »
    They don't need to give us anything at all! We paid our sub for access to the game. The fact that the game model is changing now has no bearing on what we paid for previously.

If they got rid of the sub all together would you be suggesting everyone be refunded all the subscription fees they paid?

We are not asking for more Crown because the model is changing. We are not asking because we think we "deserve" it. We are not asking for a refund. This isn't a thread saying "we deserve something" it's a thread commenting on what they have announced is our "thanks" for being subscribers.

That thanks,100C per month subscribed, is insulting. It seems to be an empty gesture to us. Even more so, now that it appears that 100C is not enough to buy anything from the store. the cheapest item is 200C.

I think FordPerfect said it... erm... perfectly!
    If they didn't want to "reward" us, that would be a different story, and we wouldn't have 100+ comments in just this thread alone. But they *do* want to reward us. So it is now our responsibility to make sure they know this "reward" is stale and needs to be rethought.

Edited by Gidorick on February 1, 2015 5:11PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes no gesture at all is better than an empty one. And that's what people are saying, without the intention of giving others the impression that they would have to attempt to insult.

PC EU
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sometimes no gesture at all is better than an empty one. And that's what people are saying, without the intention of giving others the impression that they would have to attempt to insult.

I get what you are saying, but I'll take the extra crowns and smile personally, If other people don't want them, well they can send them to me.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crowns aren't transferable. :wink:
    Edited by Gidorick on February 2, 2015 6:16PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Camelonn
    Camelonn
    500c seems legit, but not 100c.

The price that I saw on the PTS are rediculous too. 200c for a 20 potion stack? What a joke. And the Guar mount is 1,300c. Seriously, ZeniMax? It's just "look" stuff! We shouldn't take all our money to buy that... I'm disappointed...
    Edited by Camelonn on February 3, 2015 2:06AM
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How about just giving us one month's worth free for being a prior sub? Thats only one month's allotment.
  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭
    So i have spend 140 euros(160 USD), to subs to play beta. Im fine with that.
    10months/1000 crowns.
    i get it, they want us to spend cash to crows. So they can improve income, therefore gain more money to develope the game, and keep the investors happy.
    What must mean more contenct to the game, right?
    But havent i already spend a lot time and money?

Yes i have, i got the rewards, from the reward system, as thank you for my time and money.

But i still cant help the feeling im getting "how many crowns i could buy with 160usd"

many i think.
    But what about the 10 months of fun play with bots and glitches,filling up thousands bug reports, those lovely crash times on cyrodiil. Those unforgettable times when your party started never ending rubber band partys. It was truly fun times, especially because my abilities where always working and your party never died cos lag on server.

yeah.. just because we still are playing this game, and paying for it, after those fun months we had.

I think 500C, is least zos can do to say thank you for your patience, beta is now over here take this as thank you. And this is bcos time and money you spend to make us, money TO ACHIEVE TRULY AMAZING ELDERSCOLL THEMED MMORPG!.
    /\:__:/\
    (。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crowns aren't transferable. :wink:

I know, but I can dream of all those thousands of crowns coming in can't I?
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After looking at Crown Store prices the insignificance of the 100C becomes even more apparent. The gesture of 100C will literally buy nothing in the Crown Store.

If that doesn't punctuate this discussion, I don't know what does.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    After looking at Crown Store prices the insignificance of the 100C becomes even more apparent. The gesture of 100C will literally buy nothing in the Crown Store.

If that doesn't punctuate this discussion, I don't know what does.

Indeed, I noticed the same thing. Crown store prices are off the charts, even compared to with what one month of ESO Plus will get you.
    I'm planning not to spend any of my crowns until I receive the 9 and 12 month subscription rewards and perhaps not even after that until the first DLC is in the store.
    I guess they calculated it so that the DLC will cost exactly 100% of what you could possibly been saving if you hadn't been buying additional Crowns.

PC EU
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm expecting DLC to cost 5000+ crowns....
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They could still change crown store pricing based on feedback but no guarantee. They sure haven't offered to give previous subscribers more than 100 crowns based on feedback. 100 crowns for 1 previous month gets you nothing, but for 10 months it gets you a costume bundle. Meh. Not really what I'm looking for. And as of right now your 1,500 per month for active subscription will get you a horse skin, a small pet or an individual costume, and a potion bundle. Or a guar mount and a potion bundle.

What remains to be seen is what the cash cost will be per 100 crowns. I've seen speculation that it's $1 but haven't seen any announcements on that yet. No way to really tell what the DLC cost in crowns will be until we know the cash equivalent.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much are the Palomino Horse and Imperial Upgrade right now in $ in the existing Online Store? That may give a good basis.
    Edited by Enodoc on February 4, 2015 7:15PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
This discussion has been closed.