Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

100 crowns for each prior month for subscribers. (WOW! 250+ AGREES!)

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jiigen wrote: »
    Which brings us back to this:
    Snit wrote: »
    Why compensation? For what?

Why? Ask ZOS, it was their idea, their incentive. -They say it's to reward their loyal fans and subscribers for sticking through the game for so long.

Then we are back to the idea that a player that has never played ESO because they were "waiting for it to go Free to Play" is "rewarded" more for being a subscriber in the first month of their subscription than all the months combined of someone who supported ZOS from the beginning.

I understand how people can think we are being ungrateful and greedy saying that 100C isn't enough, but I don't understand how people can't grasp why this seems wrong to many of us.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • Sneak_Thief
    Sneak_Thief
    ✭✭✭✭
    500 would only be fair considering we have been paying to beta test for the console release for a year now.
    Edited by Sneak_Thief on February 9, 2015 5:31AM
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 would only be fair considering we have been paying to beta test for the console release for a year now.

that does seem to be the general concensus. I'm going to have faith in ZOS, that they have seen this thread and that they are going to offer us 500 per month.

I'm probably just setting myself up to be let down. Lol
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • eisberg
    eisberg
    ✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

Why? Ask ZOS, it was their idea, their incentive. -They say it's to reward their loyal fans and subscribers for sticking through the game for so long.

Then we are back to the idea that a player that has never played ESO because they were "waiting for it to go Free to Play" is "rewarded" more for being a subscriber in the first month of their subscription than all the months combined of someone who supported ZOS from the beginning.

I understand how people can think we are being ungrateful and greedy saying that 100C isn't enough, but I don't understand how people can't grasp why this seems wrong to many of us.

Ok, let say someone who has supported this game form the beginning, and continue to subscribe after the switch. They get a total of 3100 crowns on March 17th, a new player who subscribes on March 17th get 1500 crowns. How exactly is the new subscriber being rewarded more again?
    Options
  • eisberg
    eisberg
    ✭✭✭

Well, you did choose to pay for a beta test.

Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eisberg wrote: »

Ok, let say someone who has supported this game form the beginning, and continue to subscribe after the switch. They get a total of 3100 crowns on March 17th, a new player who subscribes on March 17th get 1500 crowns. How exactly is the new subscriber being rewarded more again?
    Your numbers aren't exactly right

the 3100 crowns you say we will get comes from
    1100C for 11 previous months
    500 for the box
    1500 for the 1st month of TU.

A new subscriber would get 2000 NOT 1500
    500 for the box
    1500 for the 1st month of TU

Since BOTH get the 500C for the box let's just consider the crowns given for subscription.

2600 long time subscriber
    1500 new subscriber

So a player who has supported ZOS for the past year and has paid them $180 in subscription fees gets about 14C per $1 they gave to ZOS, where a player who didn't support them the first year and has now decided to joinup will get 100C per $1.

100>14

That's how a new subscriber is being rewarded more.

These numbers, however, aren't representative of WHY ZOS is giving us past subscribers the 100C. They're not giving is the 100C to compensate us for the money we spent on the subscription. They're giving the 100C to us as a thanks For our support.

What we have been saying is that "thanks" comes across at insincere because it's such a paltry amount... we're letting them know that the gesture seems disingenuous. Especially because 100C literally buys nothing from the crown store.
    Edited by Gidorick on February 9, 2015 5:25PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Caspur
    Caspur
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. 100 per month of play is an insult. Why do companies always give the customers who have been the most loyal the least but, to get new customers they will go above and beyond. /disgusted
    A place where everything and nothing exists, this is my playground.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caspur wrote: »
    Agreed. 100 per month of play is an insult. Why do companies always give the customers who have been the most loyal the least but, to get new customers they will go above and beyond. /disgusted

Like cell phone companies and cable companies. They do that all the time.

That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Caspur
    Caspur
    ✭✭✭

Like cell phone companies and cable companies. They do that all the time.

That's the exact companies that came to mind. Comcast and ATT... Not a good category to fall into ZOS...
    Options
  • eisberg
    eisberg
    ✭✭✭

Except for the loyal customers in this case get more. You get X amount of crowns for subscribing prior to March 17th. How many crowns to new customer get for the time they didn't subscriber prior to March 17th? How many crowns do long time subscribers get for every month they stay subscribed after March 17th, how many crowns do new subscribers get for every month they subscribe after March 17th?

Options
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's been a long time since i was in college but I'm pretty sure that was covered in Marketing 101. They already have a core group of players who stated they are going to "love and support" by continuing to pay no matter what. They don't need to do anything to keep this group. It's more cost efficient to spend their marketing efforts attracting the dollars of new paying customers. It's just good business sense.

But they probably should give just a little more consideration to that group in the middle that may be paying now but isn't committed to paying forever no matter what happens. It would be good for overall customer relations and it really wouldn't cost much to toss a few extra crowns as long as it's not enough to buy the whole store.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
    Options
  • eisberg
    eisberg
    ✭✭✭

500 for the box

500 for the box

Since BOTH get the 500C for the box let's just consider the crowns given for subscription.

1500 new subscriber

So a player who has supported ZOS for the past year and has paid them $180 in subscription fees gets about 14C per $1 they gave to ZOS, where a player who didn't support them the first year and has now decided to joinup will get 100C per $1.

100>14

These numbers, however, aren't representative of WHY ZOS is giving us past subscribers the 100C. They're not giving is the 100C to compensate us for the money we spent on the subscription. They're giving the 100C to us as a thanks For our support.

What we have been saying is that "thanks" comes across at insincere because it's such a paltry amount... we're letting them know that the gesture seems disingenuous. Especially because 100C literally buys nothing from the crown store.

lol, fuzzy math. I am sorry, no matter how you put it, the loyal member is getting more than the new subscriber. The new subscriber get 1500 crowns every month they subscribe, the old subscriber get 1500 crowns for every month they subscribe starting March 17th.
    Options
  • Caspur
    Caspur
    ✭✭✭

lol, fuzzy math. I am sorry, no matter how you put it, the loyal member is getting more than the new subscriber. The new subscriber get 1500 crowns every month they subscribe, the old subscriber get 1500 crowns for every month they subscribe starting March 17th.

Starting a subscription in March isn't a loyal member... The players who have been playing and paying since the game released are the loyal members. Loyal customers who have paid over 150$ (in subscription fees) into a now B2P game and are getting less than $15 of in-game currency for that spent money are not getting more than someone who comes into the game and spends $30 dollars on crowns.

Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

500 for the box

500 for the box

1500 new subscriber

100>14

fuzzy? Did you misplace your glasses? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I kidd. Lol

But seriously, yea pay subscribers will get more simply because they're getting the 100C per month "thank you" bonus. They could give us 1C per month subscribed and it would still qualify us as getting "more".
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    It's been a long time since i was in college but I'm pretty sure that was covered in Marketing 101. They already have a core group of players who stated they are going to "love and support" by continuing to pay no matter what. They don't need to do anything to keep this group. It's more cost efficient to spend their marketing efforts attracting the dollars of new paying customers. It's just good business sense.

But they probably should give just a little more consideration to that group in the middle that may be paying now but isn't committed to paying forever no matter what happens. It would be good for overall customer relations and it really wouldn't cost much to toss a few extra crowns as long as it's not enough to buy the whole store.

This is so true. When it comes to customer loyalty. As a customer who has supported them, and planned to be an indefinitely subscribing player (prior to buy2Play) "rewarding" me with 100C damages MY loyalty.

It doesn't make me feel like they care about subscribers at all. If anything it makes me feel like they honestly don't care if we continue to subscribe or not. If they don't care, why should I?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    100 does seem pretty low. I remember getting a boatload when LOTRO went FTP. Granted the game was out longer and such but even taking that into account in the comparison 100 is pretty low. As far as arguments towards keeping the game economy stable, I think that goes right out the window once you introduce a cash shop...
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's see... LOTRO was out for 3 years before f2p. Each month VIP give players 500 points post month, so 1/3 of what ESO players will get. So if the bonus for past subscribers was more than 33 points per past month subscribed then ya lotro offered more. The total for a player subscribed the entire length of time it was a p2p game would have to be more than 1200 points to be "more" than ESO is offering us now.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's see... LOTRO was out for 3 years before f2p. Each month VIP give players 500 points post month, so 1/3 of what ESO players will get. So if the bonus for past subscribers was more than 33 points per past month subscribed then ya lotro offered more. The total for a player subscribed the entire length of time it was a p2p game would have to be more than 1200 points to be "more" than ESO is offering us now.

I might just be misunderstanding you but it sounds like you're saying we received 500 Turbine Points per month that we had formally been subscribed when LOTRO went FTP. I couldn't remember the exact amount but that sounds right now that you say 500.

ESO is giving us 100 Crown Points for each month that we were formally subscribed.

Naturally we need to see some prices on the ESO shop in order to determine if 100 Crown Points is truly less than 500 Turbine Points but based on the information we have now getting 400 points less makes it seem that the ESO point total is a bit low, no?
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surragard wrote: »

I might just be misunderstanding you but it sounds like you're saying we received 500 Turbine Points per month that we had formally been subscribed when LOTRO went FTP. I couldn't remember the exact amount but that sounds right now that you say 500.

ESO is giving us 100 Crown Points for each month that we were formally subscribed.

Naturally we need to see some prices on the ESO shop in order to determine if 100 Crown Points is truly less than 500 Turbine Points but based on the information we have now getting 400 points less makes it seem that the ESO point total is a bit low, no?

No. Sorry... Subscribers receive 500 turbine points for subscribing after LOTRO went f2p. What I want to know is what perk previous subscribers received when LOTRO went f2p. To be "more" than we are getting with ESO (taking the 1500 Crown and how long ESO will be a subscription compared to how long LOTRO was) it would have to had been more than 1200 Turbine points For a full uninterrupted subscription.

Anyone know?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    FuckTheGovernment.jpg
    Options
  • EsORising
    EsORising
    ✭✭✭
    I have subscribed since beta been through bugs, bots, gold spammers, quest that wouldnt work, 10 ESO live sessions, and reported my fair share of things that needed to be fixed, as well as, participated in every single PTS to do bug reports .

I wish we at least got a title or something special that other players don't get like a costume. Something that other players can not get unless they were playing for a whole year. I would defintely settle for something else to show we been here since beta instead of 100 crowns a month that can't buy anything, need 1 entire year of gameplay12 months at 14.99 and contributed $179.88 and all i can get is a mount? Actually that's still 100 crowns short of a mount because theya re about 1300 crowns. We should just get a special mount instead that shows the time we have played this game. LIke a different color horse or guar at the very least, maybe even a dremora mount.

I felt like we paid to test the beta for consoles smooth transition of ESO. I think we deserve something to show our colors and how long we have helped eso grow. If anything; allow the purchase of the mount only available to players that have played long enough. Then it becomes a benefit for the crown store and keeping players consitantly paying to play.
    Options
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    I think the current prices in the ESO store which are live on PTS are pretty accurate to the ones that will come to the live servers next month. I doubt we'll see any massive changes on that field, meaning, we're still getting hardly any Crowns for previous months subscribed altogether just barely enough to buy a Draugr Transformation. Quite low I would say.
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EsORising wrote: »
    I have subscribed since beta been through bugs, bots, gold spammers, quest that wouldnt work, 10 ESO live sessions, and reported my fair share of things that needed to be fixed, as well as, participated in every single PTS to do bug reports .

I wish we at least got a title or something special that other players don't get like a costume. Something that other players can not get unless they were playing for a whole year. I would defintely settle for something else to show we been here since beta instead of 100 crowns a month that can't buy anything, need 1 entire year of gameplay12 months at 14.99 and contributed $179.88 and all i can get is a mount? Actually that's still 100 crowns short of a mount because theya re about 1300 crowns. We should just get a special mount instead that shows the time we have played this game. LIke a different color horse or guar at the very least, maybe even a dremora mount.

I felt like we paid to test the beta for consoles smooth transition of ESO. I think we deserve something to show our colors and how long we have helped eso grow. If anything; allow the purchase of the mount only available to players that have played long enough. Then it becomes a benefit for the crown store and keeping players consitantly paying to play.

A title would be kind of awesome. I mean... REALLY awesome!

Now, if you subscribed from day ONE and didn't have any lapse in your subscription, you're supposed to be getting something you can "ride"... so we assume it's a mount. lol.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surragard wrote: »

No. Sorry... Subscribers receive 500 turbine points for subscribing after LOTRO went f2p. What I want to know is what perk previous subscribers received when LOTRO went f2p. To be "more" than we are getting with ESO (taking the 1500 Crown and how long ESO will be a subscription compared to how long LOTRO was) it would have to had been more than 1200 Turbine points For a full uninterrupted subscription.

Anyone know?

I still haven't been able to find how many turbine points LOTRO subscribers received when it went f2p.... can anyone help me out with that info?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok. We all agree that 100 Crowns is not the best solution. Some will say 500 is enough, some - 1000 and etc. But the main question is does these 12 pages are really seen by ZOS as player's feedback or all these words go into the void?
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
    Options
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

NO, actually I choose to pay for a complete game that I understood would have some growing pains and some tweeks would be needed. I only found out later that I was beta testing for a console release and that the game system was going to under go a near complete overhaul when released. On Steam I believe they call this "an early access" game.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NO, actually I choose to pay for a complete game that I understood would have some growing pains and some tweeks would be needed. I only found out later that I was beta testing for a console release and that the game system was going to under go a near complete overhaul when released. On Steam I believe they call this "an early access" game.

Lol. Good point.

That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh and @wolfshead ... you should be more respectful in your comments. Saying we are whining and that people are stupid makes it seem like you're trolling for a verbal fight. Which you might be.

Troll for tell the true every since the say ESO is go B2P most post in this forum have been about how bad thing will be and the we should get more thing for thanks for been around since start serious in my eyes that is people just whine about everything and if you read this post from start you should have see that basically people was tell (whine) that we should get more crown from ZoS for the are being so bad towards us.

And if people take the thing i say for trolling then those people dont really know what trolling is on forum for tell other how i feel and think the are acting is not even close to be a troll.

If you want to see who people are trolling then you should go take look at WoW forum on weekend or other forum.
    Edited by Wolfshead on February 14, 2015 6:31AM
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
    Options
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfshead wrote: »
    Oh and @wolfshead ... you should be more respectful in your comments. Saying we are whining and that people are stupid makes it seem like you're trolling for a verbal fight. Which you might be.

Troll for tell the true every since the say ESO is go B2P most post in this forum have been about how bad thing will be and the we should get more thing for thanks for been around since start serious in my eyes that is people just whine about everything and if you read this post from start you should have see that basically people was tell (whine) that we should get more crown from ZoS for the are being so bad towards us.

And if people take the thing i say for trolling then those people dont really know what trolling is on forum for tell other how i feel and think the are acting is not even close to be a troll.

If you want to see who people are trolling then you should go take look at WoW forum on weekend or other forum.

/hug

from now on, it's only getting to get worse...
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're right. This forum is a lot better behaved than others, and you are entitled to your opinion. I can see how someone could consider all this as us whining that we aren't getting more Crowns. I, personally, am more concerned with the message it sends to us than "getting what I deserve".

If it comes to pass that all they ever give is the 100C per month, I will be very grateful to ZOS for those 100C per month. They don't have to give us squat. I didn't expect them to give us subscribers anything and I don't expect them to give us more (even though the words I use in this thread makes it seem as if I do).

It's more that I'm hopeful that they will because 100C a month, no matter how you cut it, is insignificant. The points were made in the first couple pages and we are truly just treading water at this point.

I know ZOS has seen this thread. I know they have had conversations about this internally so we just have to wait and see if ZOS wants to give their players a meaningful amount of Crowns as a thank you, or if they feel that the 100C sends the appropriate message of appreciation they wish to convey.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
This discussion has been closed.