Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

100 crowns for each prior month for subscribers. (WOW! 250+ AGREES!)

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »
    So yeah it makes sense that you will get 1,500 crowns then, and you should be happy they give you anything at all for previous time subbed.
    The entitled are very often ungrateful.

We are their CUSTOMERS. They should be showering us with thanks and praise for being the ones to BELIEVE in them This first year.

The people they're catering to now are those that didn't believe in them. Those that wanted something when they had given NOTHING.

Now that many of us that have given as much as ZOS has asked us to give, and in many cases MORE, are asking for our contribution to be given the same recognition as someone who subscribes after March 17th we're ENTITLED and UNGRATEFUL?

What should we be greatfull for exactly? The privilege of being duped into paying 15 per month based on false statements and bulllpoop? The privilege of having content withheld from us so it can be SOLD to us at a later date? The privilege of an unplayable PVP zone. The privilege of spending time playing an end game mechanic that will ABANDONED soon?

I've enjoyed my time with ESO and I'll be playing in the years to come. I love this game but 100C per month is insulting when you consider what subscribers will get after the fact. They don't OWE us subscribers anything but 100C is a pittance compared to what others are going to get for their subscriptions.

I'm not entitled.

I'm not ungrateful.

I'm insulted.
    Edited by Gidorick on January 29, 2015 11:18PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭

It's missing a lot of options there.
    I personally would like to have ESO Plus for free until all promised content is there and all current (and near future) bugs have been fixed.

What @Gidorick‌ said is true for most who post here, me included. As both of us have said previously, we would've preferred no crowns compensation at all for the past year of subscription over 100C per month.
    Edited by Jiigen on January 29, 2015 1:49PM
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    So yeah it makes sense that you will get 1,500 crowns then, and you should be happy they give you anything at all for previous time subbed.

..They don't OWE us subscribers anything but 100C is a pittance compared to what others are going to get for their subscriptions.

I'm not entitled.

I'm not ungrateful.

I'm insulted.

You get the same as new subs. But as a bonus you get extra 100 for previous months you payed. Extra that new subs won't get.

If the game is 2 years old, and they give new subscribers a new mount, you going rage then too? Just like the people who wanted the steam dog.

Yes, i call it ungratefull but also greedy.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    i can call you just brainless, if you dont understand simple things.... WE DESERVE BETTER REWARD!!!!!!11
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

..They don't OWE us subscribers anything but 100C is a pittance compared to what others are going to get for their subscriptions.

I'm not entitled.

I'm not ungrateful.

I'm insulted.

You get the same as new subs. But as a bonus you get extra 100 for previous months you payed. Extra that new subs won't get.

If the game is 2 years old, and they give new subscribers a new mount, you going rage then too? Just like the people who wanted the steam dog.

and you're free to think that I am. However, ZOS needs no white knight here so you coming on here and talking down to those of us who feel insulted accomplishes nothing but bumping this thread and keeping it visible.... so thank you! You might just be helping us greedy folk get what our greedy little hands are grasping for.
    :wink:
    Edited by Gidorick on January 29, 2015 2:49PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The privilege of being duped into paying 15 per month based on false statements and bulllpoop?
    You signed up to 15 per month. Show me some false statements.
    The privilege of having content withheld from us so it can be SOLD to us at a later date?
    What content has been withheld to be sold later? Conversely, there's a lot of content that's not ready yet, which would be coming later anyway.
    The privilege of an unplayable PVP zone.
    Fair enough. It's not unplayable, but it's certainly not great.
    The privilege of spending time playing an end game mechanic that will ABANDONED soon?
    The change was asked for based on the fact that many players thought it was garbage.

We are starting this new system with an immediate bonus. A system which most people will be starting on from the bottom. Sure it's not much, but they are acknowledging the support we have shown them without unbalancing the Store. I will reserve judgement on whether it's good value or not until after I have seen how much things are going to cost on Monday, but they shouldn't be giving us enough to buy out the whole Store, which they almost certainly would if they applied the same conversion rate to our old subscriptions as what you get from ESO Plus.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not entitled.

I'm not ungrateful.

I'm insulted.
    If you say so.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jiigen wrote: »

It's missing a lot of options there.
    I personally would like to have ESO Plus for free until all promised content is there and all current (and near future) bugs have been fixed.

What @Gidorick‌ said is true for most who post here, me included. As both of us have said previously, we would've preferred no crowns compensation at all for the past year of subscription over 100C per month.

I'm not entitled.

I'm not ungrateful.

I'm insulted.

and you're free to think that I am. However, ZOS needs no white knight here so you coming on here and talking down to those of us who feel insulted accomplishes nothing but bumping this thread and keeping it visible.... so thank you! You might just be helping us greedy folk get what our greedy little hands are grasping for.
    :wink:

No problem. I don't say i am right, but it's my opintion.

First of all i keep subbing so i get not only 1500 crowns a month, but also access to all future DLC/content (except maybe major expansions). Nobody knows how much stuff in the crown store will cost. Maybe 2k for a mount and 50k for a strap-on, nobody knows.

If someone wants all from the store as soon as it launches i call i greedy. But nobody knows yet what it will cost. So we will have to wait and see.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    QuadroTony wrote: »
    i can call you just brainless, if you dont understand simple things.... WE DESERVE BETTER REWARD!!!!!!11

No need to get angry. To be honest we don't deserve anything. We paid for the services as a normal P2P mmo. They didn't inted to go B2p when they launched. They go B2P with a cash shop and they hope to keep some subs up and that people will buy crowns with real money to keep the game up and running and to make money while doing it.

They don't owe you anything and you don't deserve anything.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    We are starting this new system with an immediate bonus. A system which most people will be starting on from the bottom. Sure it's not much, but they are acknowledging the support we have shown them without unbalancing the Store. I will reserve judgement on whether it's good value or not until after I have seen how much things are going to cost on Monday, but they shouldn't be giving us enough to buy out the whole Store, which they almost certainly would if they applied the same conversion rate to our old subscriptions as what you get from ESO Plus.

But they already had paying subscribers, and apparently enough of them, so whatever the store is going to do is for new members, and free members. Not subscribers. So those who were previously subscribing, us, the thing that changed is the crown store is added and so are crowns. For those loyal fans that keep subscribing after ESO:TU goes live, they will do so not just for the crowns.
    So to say that giving all loyal fans, to whom the Crown Store wasn't intended for to make them more revenue, more crowns for their prior subscription will unbalance the store is quite ridiculous.
    Edited by Jiigen on January 29, 2015 2:37PM
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    If someone wants all from the store as soon as it launches i call i greedy. But nobody knows yet what it will cost. So we will have to wait and see.

We don't know what will and won't be in the store yet either, thus you can't say that we want to buy all of it.
    No need to get angry. To be honest we don't deserve anything. We paid for the services as a normal P2P mmo. They didn't inted to go B2p when they launched. They go B2P with a cash shop and they hope to keep some subs up and that people will buy crowns with real money to keep the game up and running and to make money while doing it.

They actually never said/confirmed anything about the exact reason why they were going B2P now and that they weren't intending to do so at any point from the start. The reason they have given is that "we," the fans, supposedly asked for it.
    Thus now "we," the fans, kindly request them to go back on their announcement of rewarding previous subscribers with 100C per previously subscribed month.
    Edited by Jiigen on January 29, 2015 2:43PM

PC EU
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

But they already had paying subscribers, and apparently enough of them, so whatever the store is going to do is for new members, and free members. Not subscribers. So those who were previously subscribing, us, the thing that changed is the crown store is added and so are crowns. For those loyal fans that keep subscribing after ESO:TU goes live, they will do so not just for the crowns.
    So to say that giving all loyal fans, to whom the Crown Store wasn't intended for to make them more revenue, more crowns for their prior subscription will unbalance the store is quite ridiculous.
    How would it not unbalance it? The more crowns they give to us for free, the less they are getting through people buying crowns to get the things you are supposed to buy crowns for. The more they give away for free, the more unbalanced their revenue from that stuff is.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    First of all i keep subbing so i get not only 1500 crowns a month, but also access to all future DLC/content (except maybe major expansions). Nobody knows how much stuff in the crown store will cost. Maybe 2k for a mount and 50k for a strap-on, nobody knows.

There is another post that got lost in the wave of posting this morning that described what the values in the store were when they had brief access:

Imperial Edition upgrade 2100 crowns

Pets 400 crowns each

Horse Skins 900 crown each

Guars 1300 crowns each

Costumes 400-1000, includes Draugr Polymorph (1k) and Court Jester (700)

No screenshot, so take as you will… but that does not seem to be that big of an expenditure, especially for people who continue to subscribe… like us.
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course ZOS doesn't have to give anything. But they want to give something in order to appease current subscribers that aren't fond of the new system.

However, the nature of appeasment gifts and bribes is just that, if they fall too short, they usually end up having the opposite effect of what was originally planned to achieve with them.

Perfect example, right here in this thread. Raise your bribe ZOS!
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The crown store list was posted on Reddit and Gina responded to that post to say it would be on PTS Monday with prices subject to change:

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/2u26g2/crown_store_prices/

Putting aside any talk of entitlement let's talk about how it would benefit ZOS to give legacy subs more crowns. There is no DLC to buy yet except Imperial edition for those who don't already have it. No new DLC coming until after console release according to management.

So with all those extra crowns to burn wouldn't a significant number of us be likely to spend those crowns on the shiny new mounts and pets and outfits and be walking billboards in the game to attract the free players to spend money in the crown shop?

New player: Hey what are you riding, where do you get one of those?
    Old player: It's called a guar and I got it in the crown shop. Press comma and you can get one too.

Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • SanderBuraas
    SanderBuraas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are currently paying for access to game. When the new system come out you will no longer need to pay for that.

Agree with this.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is another post that got lost in the wave of posting this morning that described what the values in the store were when they had brief access:

Imperial Edition upgrade 2100 crowns

Pets 400 crowns each

Horse Skins 900 crown each

Guars 1300 crowns each

Costumes 400-1000, includes Draugr Polymorph (1k) and Court Jester (700)

No screenshot, so take as you will… but that does not seem to be that big of an expenditure, especially for people who continue to subscribe… like us.

about what I expected. Me being insulted has nothing to do what things will cost but everything to do with what 1 month subscription WILL be worth, 1500C.

But it's good to know our "bonus" won't even come close to covering one DLC. It covers a guar mount.... that's something.

Edit: these prices look to be about $1 per 100C. That means a $15 sub=1500C. That's great! I'm very pleased with the store prices and what Crown subscribers WILL get. Nicely done @ZOS
    Edited by Gidorick on January 29, 2015 10:19PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    But it's good to know our "bonus" won't even come close to covering one DLC. It covers a guar mount.... that's something.

Edit: these prices look to be about $1 per 100C. That means a $15 sub=1500C. That's great! I'm very pleased with the store prices and what Crown subscribers WILL get. Nicely done @ZOS

Which then in the ends brings us back to $15 a month over a year having translated into gametime for a year and less than $12 back in crowns.

PC EU
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which then in the ends brings us back to $15 a month over a year having translated into gametime for a year and less than $12 back in crowns.

Yes.. yes it does indeed. Which brings me back to it not being enough. There's no way to know if giving us more Crowns would cost ZOS money (as in... money we wouldn't be spending in the store) but I'm thinking of it this way.

NOTE: I know these thoughts won't apply to everyone.

Those of us who are subscribers (and are upset about the B2P change) might feel more goodwill from ZOS if we are given more Crowns. Which might lead to more subscriptions, especially to those of us who are on the fence.

Those of us who continue to subscribe will feel more free to spend more Crowns in the store and may get comfortable with the way the store works. leading to future use of the Crown Store.

Some of us may be thinking of "saving up" our Crowns to buy the DLC. If this is done, it won't benefit ZOS because we won't be wearing or using the Crown store items in game. (This is me. I don't plan on spending much money in the Crown store at all until I see what DLC costs)

Hopefully ZOS will listen and will reward those of us who have supported them this first year with more Crown than the price of 10 health potions.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• SanderBuraas
    SanderBuraas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.. yes it does indeed. Which brings me back to it not being enough. There's no way to know if giving us more Crowns would cost ZOS money (as in... money we wouldn't be spending in the store) but I'm thinking of it this way.

Those of us who are subscribers (and are upset about the B2P change) might feel more goodwill from ZOS if we are given more Crowns. Which might lead to more subscriptions, especially to those of us who are on the fence.

Those of us who continue to subscribe will feel more free to spend more Crowns in the store and may get comfortable with the way the store works. leading to future use of the Crown Store.

Some of us may be thinking of "saving up" our Crowns to buy the DLC. If this is done, it won't benefit ZOS because we won't be wearing or using the Crown store items in game. (This is me. I don't plan on spending much money in the Crown store at all until I see what DLC costs)

Hopefully ZOS will listen and will reward those of us who have supported them this first year with more Crown than the price of 10 health potions.

Stop begging for more crowns. They are introducing a new financial model to the game, of which did not exist before, and neither did the crown store. You have previously paid for access to the game, not for a supply of crowns in the future. They are giving previous subscribers a small bonus amount of crowns as a thank you for supporting the game. If you want more crowns, keep on subscribing after March.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing they absolutely owe us is an apology for their dishonesty and lack of integrity. I doubt they have the cojones to do that though.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smepic wrote: »

Stop begging for more crowns. They are introducing a new financial model to the game, of which did not exist before, and neither did the crown store. You have previously paid for access to the game, not for a supply of crowns in the future. They are giving previous subscribers a small bonus amount of crowns as a thank you for supporting the game. If you want more crowns, keep on subscribing after March.

I'm keeping this topic visible. I've made my points and I've taken the insults from the community. I feel the 100C is an insult to us and ZOS has shown us that they are reasonable.

Feel free to not visit this thread if you don't want to see the "begging".
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    The only thing they absolutely owe us is an apology for their dishonesty and lack of integrity. I doubt they have the cojones to do that though.
    I'd like to see some of this "dishonesty".
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    You mean something like 'subscription is the way to go', ' we shut down the servers before going f2p/b2p' or 'continue to play, we track your xp for champion points'?
    Or what about 'Imperial city is finished, we are testing it and roll it out soon'?
    Oh,oh and 'our players wanted the change to f2p/b2p'

Is that dishonesty enough?
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    Is that dishonesty enough?

Lets not forget about their numerous announcements that they fixed Sorcerer pets.

PC EU
  • A1exeR
    A1exeR
    ✭✭✭
    Smepic wrote: »

They are required to give more crowns!
    They promised to do updates every 4-6 weeks. Where's my update 1.6 on the live server? 1.5 installed almost 3 months ago, and 1.6 still does not have and probably will be in the end of February.
    And then until the summer there will be nothing. For this we paid for a year?
    They promised a lot of things, the imperial city, the creation of spells and so on. Now they have all this even though we sell for extra money. It's a scam.
    Edited by A1exeR on January 30, 2015 12:14PM
  • Chrithu
    Chrithu
    ✭✭
    Whats insulting is people crying that theyre getting ANYTHING AT ALL.

How many MMOs have gone F2P/B2P in the past and gave you ANYTHING as far as a cash equivilent for your prior time in the game?

Ill wait.

SWTOR did. In fact I am still getting Cartel Coins every month although I am not playing and not subbed just for keeping my mobile security key running.

LotR Online did as well.

I am pretty sure that every sub based MMO that went F2P/B2P so far actually rewarded people that had subs prior to that.

• A1exeR
    A1exeR
    ✭✭✭
    Chrithu wrote: »
    Whats insulting is people crying that theyre getting ANYTHING AT ALL.

How many MMOs have gone F2P/B2P in the past and gave you ANYTHING as far as a cash equivilent for your prior time in the game?

Ill wait.

SWTOR did. In fact I am still getting Cartel Coins every month although I am not playing and not subbed just for keeping my mobile security key running.

LotR Online did as well.

I am pretty sure that every sub based MMO that went F2P/B2P so far actually rewarded people that had subs prior to that.

Apart from ZOS, because they crooks :\
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    They promised a lot of things, the imperial city, the creation of spells and so on. Now they have all this even though we sell for extra money. It's a scam.

Wait, if you keep subscribed you get content normaly. Not a scam. You pay for a game; entire and complete game. They release new stuff, you pay for it. Where's the scam? Want to get free content? They don't even give you that on F2P games.

Plus now you don't need to pay monthly to play the game, they gave you that option.
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • A1exeR
    A1exeR
    ✭✭✭

Wait, if you keep subscribed you get content normaly. Not a scam. You pay for a game; entire and complete game. They release new stuff, you pay for it. Where's the scam? Want to get free content? They don't even give you that on F2P games.

Plus now you don't need to pay monthly to play the game, they gave you that option.

Because we paid for access during the year, and now it will be available to the customer bought. It's not fair.
    On money with our subscription they pay salaries to its employees, which makes the new content. And it will be rightly if part of the content I will get free. Since the content will be sold for the crown need more crowns, because 1200 (100 for each month) is not enough for buying DLC.
    Edited by A1exeR on January 30, 2015 12:38PM
This discussion has been closed.