Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

100 crowns for each prior month for subscribers. (WOW! 250+ AGREES!)

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ray22 wrote: »
    Gidorick wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind keeping the reward at 100 crowns if they were to give us the previously promised content (Thieves Guild/ Dark Brotherhood for example) for free.

That would be fair enough. I'll keep my sub anyway, but I'd like all that content to be mine, and not rented, just in case I drop my sub for some other reason later on.

Because we AREN'T going to "own" the DLC for subscriptions... I'm not subscribing. I'd rather buy the DLC and own it.

A lot of people are actually on that side too, I totally respect it. I'm not going into the reasons I'll keep my sub (off-topic) at least for the first few months, but I truly hope that the promised content, now turned into DLC, is given to early-adopters (not the new or all content, just the promised).

Anyhow, people are already going a little crazy for crowns, so the option I'm defending is far from becoming a possible reality.

If I keep my subscription at all it'll be until the first DLC comes out.... then we will see the "crows to DLC" ratio and we can do the math to see if the subscription is worth it.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • ashlee17
    ashlee17
    ✭✭✭✭
    100 crowns is Fair compensation?
    Not even close. An apology for not revealing the planned changes to ESO's business model would go a lot further. It was obviously in the works a long long time before this announcement.
    100 crowns?
    This quote captures how I feel on the matter.
    Darryl Kerrigan - The castle
    anigif_enhanced-13164-1390969641-12.gif

Edited by ashlee17 on February 16, 2015 5:26PM
    Administrator of More Than Fair Guild- North American Server- Come and Join us for a fun and friendly experience - 480+ members and great trader location- all factions welcome - mail me @ashlee17 in game for an invite.
    Join the crusade for better guild management tools!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools/p1
    Please comment and support this cause!
    Options
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    I would like some sort of 'founder' status.

A symbol next to our names on the forums, and a colored name in game chat. Something that says, we have been here from day one. That would be more meaningful to me than 100 crowns per month.

I would also like something similar for 'Premium' subscribers. There should be a 'visual' difference between a subscriber and a free account. This is done in many other games and would also be a great incentive to subscribe. People would see a colored name in chat, and ask how to get that.

This to me would be so much more meaningful. We, the people, committed our money, our time, our effort to help make this game what it is. From reporting bugs, reporting botters, to the outcries of things like the champion points, giving our feedback... our time.

I dont care one bit about crowns. A little speck of recognition would go so much further I think, for us. Hell, it could be a title in game, that would be something I would feel good about and its not game breaking. I don't want some advantage over others, not something monetary.

Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
    Options
  • Ray22
    Ray22
    I wouldn't mind keeping the reward at 100 crowns if they were to give us the previously promised content (Thieves Guild/ Dark Brotherhood for example) for free.

That would be fair enough. I'll keep my sub anyway, but I'd like all that content to be mine, and not rented, just in case I drop my sub for some other reason later on.

Because we AREN'T going to "own" the DLC for subscriptions... I'm not subscribing. I'd rather buy the DLC and own it.

A lot of people are actually on that side too, I totally respect it. I'm not going into the reasons I'll keep my sub (off-topic) at least for the first few months, but I truly hope that the promised content, now turned into DLC, is given to early-adopters (not the new or all content, just the promised).

Anyhow, people are already going a little crazy for crowns, so the option I'm defending is far from becoming a possible reality.

If I keep my subscription at all it'll be until the first DLC comes out.... then we will see the "crows to DLC" ratio and we can do the math to see if the subscription is worth it.

That makes a lot of sense. The crowns-to-DLC ratio as well as the $-to-crowns one is key to it all, can't wait to see a sneak-peek of it in PTS (hopefully next week).
    Options
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    We AREN'T going to "own" the DLC for subscriptions... I'm not subscribing. I'd rather buy the DLC and own it.

This is the problem, they promised us content which we are still waiting for, which we paid for to have developed. Yet we will lease them. If they give all the previously announced content like the guilds mentioned above, like the Imperial City, like player houses. I don't want to have to keep ESO Plus to keep my house and possible storage there and potentially lose it once I stop my sub.
    ...I would also like something similar for 'Premium' subscribers.

I agree to a certain point, because this will become a rainbow over time and the point of ESO is to have as much immersion as possible. But yes, it will definitely be appreciated. Perhaps a title. :)

The problem with this is that right now there is no DLC to be leasing or buying with ESO Plus / Crowns, which means being subbed now is useless. Being subbed will only be better later, as there is more content to lease/buy and thus play.
    So what ZOS is saying right now; stop subbing, play for free, wait until we implement the Dark Brotherhood, Thieves' Guild and Imperial City and other content available for play for those who purchase the DLC or are ESO Plus members.
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jiigen wrote: »
    We AREN'T going to "own" the DLC for subscriptions... I'm not subscribing. I'd rather buy the DLC and own it.

This is the problem, they promised us content which we are still waiting for, which we paid for to have developed. Yet we will lease them. If they give all the previously announced content like the guilds mentioned above, like the Imperial City, like player houses. I don't want to have to keep ESO Plus to keep my house and possible storage there and potentially lose it once I stop my sub.
    ...I would also like something similar for 'Premium' subscribers.

I agree to a certain point, because this will become a rainbow over time and the point of ESO is to have as much immersion as possible. But yes, it will definitely be appreciated. Perhaps a title. :)

The problem with this is that right now there is no DLC to be leasing or buying with ESO Plus / Crowns, which means being subbed now is useless. Being subbed will only be better later, as there is more content to lease/buy and thus play.
    So what ZOS is saying right now; stop subbing, play for free, wait until we implement the Dark Brotherhood, Thieves' Guild and Imperial City and other content available for play for those who purchase the DLC or are ESO Plus members.

I don't plan on subscribing long-term. I'm going to get some crowns at the beginning for being a legacy subscriber then I'll likely stay subscribed until the first DLC. At that point I'll have a few thousand Crows to buy the DLC.

We really do need to know how many crowns the DLC is going to cost before making a decision about the worth of those crowns.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    We really do need to know how many crowns the DLC is going to cost before making a decision about the worth of those crowns.

Which we may find out about next week, as they announced that that´s when we´ll have the public test server active with Update 6, and thus the store on it.
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
    Options
  • BlueIllyrian
    BlueIllyrian
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGfXiIXTpE0

Enjoy, be sure to pick up your reward.
    Options
  • Sneak_Thief
    Sneak_Thief
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is insulting indeed, but I bet you they do it so we don't start with a massive amount and then have no need to pay sub fees for a while.
    Options
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys, you did not care so much about getting 70 out of 3600 CP for the time played and instead you complain for some cash-shop-points stuff...
    Instead of.. complaining about just getting 70 CP... :disappointed:
    I mean: we deserve 1000 CP for the time played but nobody seems to care about that.. Letting them raise 30CP to 70CP was enough (in % it is still a blame as rewards for the time played..)
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, you did not care so much about getting 70 out of 3600 CP for the time played and instead you complain for some cash-shop-points stuff...
    I mean: we deserve 1000 CP for the time played but nobody seems to care about that.. Letting them raise 30CP to 70CP was enough (in % it is still a blame as rewards for the time played..)

With the CP it's not so much that ALL you were getting was 30 it was that EVERYONE with ANY vet level character was getting the exact same amount. Now the CPs will be distributed according to how much effort and XP you have put into the game.

lets use the CPs to explain how this is working... imagine if the plan were to give ANY vet rank character 10 CP per veteran rank level. A person who was vet rank 14 would get 140 CP. THEN they announce that any player that earns XP that would be equivalent to 1 vet rank after the conversion would receive 150 CP for that time and every "vet-rank" equivalent XP earned would get 150 CP. So a player that plays enough to get to the equivalent of a VR 14 would receive 2100 CP.

And you received140 for your time.

Yea... you'd be angry about that.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    lets use the CPs to explain how this is working... imagine if the plan were to give ANY vet rank character 10 CP per veteran rank level. A person who was vet rank 14 would get 140 CP. THEN they announce that any player that earns XP that would be equivalent to 1 vet rank after the conversion would receive 150 CP for that time and every "vet-rank" equivalent XP earned would get 150 CP. So a player that plays enough to get to the equivalent of a VR 14 would receive 2100 CP.

Thanks for clearing that up.

To add to that; Champion Points are still an in-game only currency. Whereas crowns will be an additional pay gate where players can get more by putting real life currency into the game.
    Anywhere where players get screwed over in their real life currency, people tend to get more outspoken on the matter, especially when it is as unfair and ungrateful as the current situation is.

PC EU
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for clearing that up.

To add to that; Champion Points are still an in-game only currency. Whereas crowns will be an additional pay gate where players can get more by putting real life currency into the game.
    Anywhere where players get screwed over in their real life currency, people tend to get more outspoken on the matter, especially when it is as unfair and ungrateful as the current situation is.

For NOW.... I suspect they will add the ability to buy CP with C at some point in the future. :neutral_face:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    Lets hope it'll never come to that... :(

PC EU
    Options
  • Dave2836
    Dave2836
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather have a cloak or cape... or maybe even a cowl. Some sort of costume befitting the heroism I have put forth in this game to drive back Mannimarco and Molag Bal. Nothing that provides me an advantage mind you, just some cosmetic enhancement, similar to a Members Only jacket or Free Masons Ring.

Or how about the function to Monogram all our gear, in addition to the dye station features? Maybe even some non collectible lorebooks made with our names in them scattered all throughout Tamriel. How's that for an ego trip, having your name forever recorded in the annuls of Tamriel history?
    Options
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    @Dave2836‌ I believe you posted in the wrong discussion.

PC EU
    Options
  • Dave2836
    Dave2836
    ✭✭✭
    @Dave2836‌ I believe you posted in the wrong discussion.

No, its the correct one. I don't really care for the crowns, and a multitude of posts claiming they would like more crowns, where as I prefer something a little more ego driven.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dave2836 wrote: »
    I'd rather have a cloak or cape... or maybe even a cowl. Some sort of costume befitting the heroism I have put forth in this game to drive back Mannimarco and Molag Bal. Nothing that provides me an advantage mind you, just some cosmetic enhancement, similar to a Members Only jacket or Free Masons Ring.

Or how about the function to Monogram all our gear, in addition to the dye station features? Maybe even some non collectible lorebooks made with our names in them scattered all throughout Tamriel. How's that for an ego trip, having your name forever recorded in the annuls of Tamriel history?

Personally I think we should have a "Veteran" Motif. The lore book sounds cool but I doubt that would ever happen.

I can see it now though:

"Here is a record of the Souless heros which laid down their lives and their coin in the defense of Tamriel against the hordes of Molag Bal:

A_Fart_Smeller, The Argonian Dragonknight.
    ..."

lol.
    Edited by Gidorick on January 25, 2015 7:49PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Dave2836
    Dave2836
    ✭✭✭

Personally I think we should have a "Veteran" Motif. The lore book sounds cool but I doubt that would ever happen.

I can see it now though:

"Here is a record of the Souless heros which laid down their lives and their coin in the defense of Tamriel against the hordes of Molag Bal:

..."

lol.

Poor Argonians don't get enough love. Skyrim mods can make adoptable ogre children, but still no Argonian kids. Were the rumors of Tropical Fantasy only applicable to the Argonians?
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can see it now though:

..."

lol.

Poor Argonians don't get enough love. Skyrim mods can make adoptable ogre children, but still no Argonian kids. Were the rumors of Tropical Fantasy only applicable to the Argonians?

Cute Argonian kid?

Lizard_Meat.png
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing since beta, but I don't agree with many views here.

They didn't have to give us any crowns retrospectively. I think many people in this thread should be happy with what they're going to be given, and stop whining how they think they're always entitled to more.

If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »

They didn't have to give us any crowns retrospectively. I think many people in this thread should be happy with what they're going to be given, and stop whining how they think they're always entitled to more.

You're free to disagree with what we have to say but many of us don't agree with the "You like what you're given." perspective.

And as I've said MANY times in this thread... I would have preferred to have gotten nothing than gotten a less than a month's worth of Crowns. The gesture is insulting to many of us and we are just expressing that perception.

ZOS has shown that they can be reasonable with the redistribution of CPs... we're just hope they will do the same here.

It's good that you don't feel this way. I guess you're just a "like what you are given" kind of person. Many of us aren't.
    Edited by Gidorick on January 25, 2015 8:36PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Dave2836
    Dave2836
    ✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »

They all know that fundamentally. Its the nature of the human condition to be selfish and push the limits of any boundary set before us. I don't think we should get anything seeing as how the game rarely changed for those of us who are still subscribing and remain subscribing.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call it being selfish. Call it greed. Call it being entitled.

The simple fact is.

ZOS is going to grant players that have subscribed to ESO for the past 10 months less than 1 month of ESO:TU Subscription worth of Crowns.

Some of us are insulted by this. Some of us are not. They will make those of us that are quite happy if they grant us more per month (500 seems reasonable to most of us). They will not make one single player unhappy if they do this.

500 crowns per month subscription... that would be 5,000 crowns, + the 500 for the game. 5,500 crowns. About 3.5 month's worth of ESO:TU crowns.

Why not?
    Edited by Gidorick on January 25, 2015 10:38PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Dave2836
    Dave2836
    ✭✭✭

And as I've said MANY times in this thread... I would have preferred to have gotten nothing than gotten a less than a month's worth of Crowns. The gesture is insulting to many of us and we are just expressing that perception.

So you feel insulted because they decided to reward your loyalty out of their own volition as opposed to not acknowledging the past 9 months of dedicated subscribership?

That's fantastic, reminds me of when I passed by a homeless person begging for $$ or food, and after offering some freshly bought plain bagel he replied "Oh no thanks, I'm gluten intolerant." Wow, that sure made me feel like an A##hole. I thought I could have been a chivalrous guy for that one day and pay it forward, but I totally ignored the signs that the homeless person messed up their own life because he wanted to and is not ashamed to make everyone else feel bad about it.

EDIT - I ate my bagel in front of him just to be jerk. I'm not a fan of bagels, but that one sure tasted mighty fine.
    Edited by Dave2836 on January 25, 2015 11:21PM
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whats insulting is people crying that theyre getting ANYTHING AT ALL.

How many MMOs have gone F2P/B2P in the past and gave you ANYTHING as far as a cash equivilent for your prior time in the game?

Ill wait.

Veteran rewards have been a staple of games in many MMOs. You can certainly look at Champions Online as an example of a game that started as subscription and went F2P and many of the veteran reward sets (like costumes) went to their cash shop. So yeah, they certainly should be rewarding the players that stuck with them through the months, it's pretty much standard procedure these days.

Veteran Rewards are equal to actual money being returned to you in the form of Crown Points?

Yeah Okay buddy.

Im still waiting.

PS. As a subscriber thats been with the game prior to B2P. You are getting perks in the form of mounts and pets as you continue your subscription. So that right there is your Veteran Rewards.

Im still waiting for the example of a company paying you back in any amount for your time in game that can be used in their Store.

Subscribers get free mounts? Where? I am pretty certain only Imperial Edition people get free mounts, and they paid for that privilege. Are you meaning to say that with the new model you won't be able to purchase mounts in the game for gold anymore?

Pets...ah yes definitely so valuable to the game. I trash all the vanity pets personally, they are useless and take up inventory space. I suppose you could certainly advertise that as a "reward".

I gave you a prime example of a game that started as subscription and went to F2P that also awarded it's Veterans with rewards that are sold directly in their cash shop. The correlation is right there. So wait all you like, but it was already given.

Youve obviously not been keeping up with what ZOS has been saying, doing...If you had youd know that a mount is coming for players that stuck with the game for its first year.

But please. Keep posting with your ill informed opinions. Theyve got me laughing hard over here.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you feel insulted because they decided to reward your loyalty out of their own volition as opposed to not acknowledging the past 9 months of dedicated subscribership?

Yes. I would have preferred them to just have said:

"Starting March 17th we have a cash shop and here is how you can get the Crowns!" and move on with it.

100C per month isn't a reward... it just isn't.

How much is 100C likely going to buy? I'm thinking a healing potion or two.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Scorpius
    Scorpius
    Soul Shriven
    100C a month is an insult to subscribers. Time to cancel both of my accounts until the B2P launch in March. Maybe then I will sub, then again, maybe not.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scorpius wrote: »
    100C a month is an insult to subscribers. Time to cancel both of my accounts until the B2P launch in March. Maybe then I will sub, then again, maybe not.

Don't cancel yet... you wont get the horse!
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rustyfaw wrote: »
    There are very few things that will reward you or pay you retroactively. I've been here since the start and it's generous enough that they are giving us anything at all for previous time played/paid. We paid for the enjoyment during that time and in return we got access to the game. Is that not good enough?

You invested early on in game that was new. They felt the need to change things in order to continue being successful. I personally think that any sort of retro-payment is not necessary, though I come from a different understanding.

You mean we "gamma" tested the game for them.

I seem to recall vividly amidst all those "good" times A LOT of broken assed content, skills, and abilities (some of which are not even fixed to this day....*cough* cloak *cough*. We went literally months with lag that made Cyrodiil unplayable for MANY. And blatant class imbalance that STILL favors skirt wearing, staff wielding DKs.

I went through countless hours of frustration so yeah, I helped them out quite a bit refining this game.

Make no mistake, I STILL consider a measly 40 more CP for V14 players a slap in the face. Should have been 130-200 CP for vet 14. We "V14's" will eventually get out paced even with 40 more CPs by those who can still do easy and fast solo quests.

And to add to the topic.......I think that 300-400 per month is a much more reasonable amount.

(and yes, we ARE entitled to it......why? Because we were told that we would be getting new content every 4-6 weeks. As of today we are past the 6 week mark and and look at that, I'm STILL paying them, imagine that. When they DO decide to release 1.6 however we will not be seeing 1.7 until August at the earliest. So yes, they need to make up for that "premium" service we were GUARANTEED at the beginning and we will not be getting anymore)
    Edited by PlagueMonk on January 26, 2015 2:45AM
    Options
This discussion has been closed.