Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

100 crowns for each prior month for subscribers. (WOW! 250+ AGREES!)

•  pvpaddict42
    pvpaddict42
    ✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »
    You are currently paying for access to game. When the new system come out you will no longer need to pay for that.

So yeah it makes sense that you will get 1,500 crowns then, and you should be happy they give you anything at all for previous time subbed.

Considering that intentionally or not they misled and misrepresented their product to so many people, it's not surprising people feel entitled to something more.
    Options
  • Shinozuka
    Shinozuka
    ✭✭✭
    I think 100 per month after the B2P goes into effect is low. I think subscribers should get a lot more.
    But I have no idea the prices for the store items. That has a big factor.

SWTOR has a system where you get 500 to 600 Cartel coins http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=560862

Hate on SWTOR if you want I am just talking on the allotment of Cartel coins for subscribers .

Edited by Shinozuka on January 21, 2015 11:19PM
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selique wrote: »
    I thought DLC's were going to be free to subscribers?
    As long as you continue to be a subscriber, yes. If you purchase DLC you own it forever. If you are a subscriber you get access to all DLC for as long as you subscribe, but once you stop subscribing you no longer have it (although you keep any items and such that you got from the DLC).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like quite a few for current subs, all told.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
    Options
  •  pvpaddict42
    pvpaddict42
    ✭✭✭
    In reality, they should implement an actual viable veteran reward system (not the stupid pets, something that players might actually want instead, like free bank slots) and just avoid the whole extra crowns for previous months thing.
    Options
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is giving us $1 worth of crowns per month, while charging us $15 a month. It is indeed ***.
    Options
  • jpatek0501ub17_ESO
    jpatek0501ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    LoL! Have fun with all your Crown points.
    Options
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Let's see. We were going to get 30 CPs and now we're getting 70 because we cried. The precedent has been set.

I demand 233 Crowns per month!
    Options
  • Romo
    Romo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whats insulting is people crying that theyre getting ANYTHING AT ALL.

How many MMOs have gone F2P/B2P in the past and gave you ANYTHING as far as a cash equivilent for your prior time in the game?

Ill wait.

You are done waiting.

SWTOR gave much larger "prior time" bonuses to their subbers when they went in on cash shop.

Now quit being insulting....
    Options
  • Vunter
    Vunter
    ✭✭✭
    I understand that they could have decided to give us nothing. But this is a joke.
    I'd even like another loyalty reward pet more than this!

Why not 500 crowns * month?
    Oh wait I know.
    holding-money.jpg
    Edited by Vunter on January 24, 2015 2:40PM
    Options
  • JoffyToffy69
    JoffyToffy69
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    As long as you continue to be a subscriber, yes. If you purchase DLC you own it forever. If you are a subscriber you get access to all DLC for as long as you subscribe, but once you stop subscribing you no longer have it (although you keep any items and such that you got from the DLC).

Is this true??
    That's ridiculous if it is.
    Hypothetically, if I subbed for 3 months post this, surely I should keep whatever I earned in that time.
    Fun comes from diversity, balance kills diversity.
    Former Empress Serabii
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this true??
    Hypothetically, if I subbed for 3 months post this, surely I should keep whatever I earned in that time.
    From the FAQ:
    FAQ wrote:
    How can I get this downloadable content?
    DLC will be available for purchase in the Crown Store on an a la carte basis. DLC purchased on an a la carte basis will be available to you for as long as The Elder Scrolls Online is available. Members of ESO Plus will receive complimentary access to all DLC game packs for the duration of their membership.
    Do I lose all items and rewards earned from DLC if my ESO Plus membership ends?
    No. You will lose access to the DLC areas and quests should your membership lapse (unless you purchase the DLC separately in the Crown Store), but you will keep all items and rewards earned through the content.
    Also, see this thread where some of us have been discussing exactly this.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Options
  • Simzani
    Simzani
    ✭✭✭
    100 crowns is an insult. Make it 500 at least.
    Options
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This really is too low. Why is ZOS so good at insulting it's loyal paying customers? So let's get this straight..

-start playing ESO in March and "subscribe" for $15/month and get 1500 crowns for a single month.
    -start playing ESO at launch and pay $150 for 10 months of subs and get 1000 crowns for 10 months (worth 15,000 crowns after March).

This is really sad but not all that surprising considering the whole 30 CP fiasco.
    Options
  • JoffyToffy69
    JoffyToffy69
    ✭✭✭✭

Is this true??
    From the FAQ:
    FAQ wrote:
    DLC will be available for purchase in the Crown Store on an a la carte basis. DLC purchased on an a la carte basis will be available to you for as long as The Elder Scrolls Online is available. Members of ESO Plus will receive complimentary access to all DLC game packs for the duration of their membership.
    No. You will lose access to the DLC areas and quests should your membership lapse (unless you purchase the DLC separately in the Crown Store), but you will keep all items and rewards earned through the content.

So from what I understand, if you cancel the sub, you no longer have access to DLC areas?
    Obviously bonuses will be gone, that's simple.
    What about mounts or costumes? Do they get removed if you cancel sub?
    Former Empress Serabii
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this true??
    From the FAQ:
    FAQ wrote:

So from what I understand, if you cancel the sub, you no longer have access to DLC areas?

No. You keep items.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • thepman69b16_ESO
    100 / month is a slap in the face. They don't care about us PC/|Mac users
    Options
  • JoffyToffy69
    JoffyToffy69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

Is this true??
    From the FAQ:
    FAQ wrote:

No. You keep items.

Well, that's ok then. I guess.
    The sub earns points anyway, which can be used to purchase the DLC.
    Essentially not all DLC will appeal to everyone. So sub is a little bit of try and if you want, buy. if not want, save monthly crowns for next dlc you do like.

Aslong as the items like mounts and costumes are kept, I am a little more at ease.
    Former Empress Serabii
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Is this true??

Why would that be? I seriously don't understand this reasoning at all, and I keep seeing it. If you had unsubscribed last July, would you have expected to keep playing game content released before July? If you unsubscribe from HBO, do you expect to be able to keep watching Game of Thrones episodes from prior seasons, just not be able to watch the upcoming season?

If a subscription lapses, you no longer have access to the content. That is how subscriptions work. Don't want to stay subscribed to HBO but still want to watch Game of Thrones? Buy the DVDs. Don't want to stay subscribed to ESO but still want to play the recently added content? Buy the DLC.

I understand concern about Pay 2 Win, or new content being less frequent, or an influx of immature players. But that you will lose access to game content if you don't subscribe, which is just exactly how the game works right now? That I do not get.
    Options
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
    Options
  • Talgus07ESO
    +100
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated OP to reflect the consensus that 1500 is too much to ask for, that a lesser amount would be reasonable to expect.

See ZOS! We can be reasonable! lol
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How many MMOs have gone F2P/B2P in the past and gave you ANYTHING as far as a cash equivilent for your prior time in the game?

Ill wait.

SWTOR did.

Also 1500 is not asking too much. That seems rather fair since we like, you know, Beta Tested the game for them.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ill wait.

SWTOR did.

Also 1500 is not asking too much. That seems rather fair since we like, you know, Beta Tested the game for them.

but it would be a total of 16,500 clowns if we got 1500 for each month (if 11 months is the number).
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, it's sticking a finger up at everyone who has been there and supported with monthly cash since the beginning.

At least give us something worthwhile in recognition of our ongoing support. 100 for each month that I gave you my hard-earned cash is derisory.
    Edited by Epona222 on January 22, 2015 4:24AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ill wait.

SWTOR did.

but it would be a total of 16,500 clowns if we got 1500 for each month (if 11 months is the number).

article-1261066748062-07a11177000005dc-697914_636x300.jpg
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
    Options
  • VictorBrav0
    VictorBrav0
    ✭✭
    Agreed, 100 is WAY too low
    Eromir Stark - Ebonheart Pact, NB Breton VR 8
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ill wait.

SWTOR did.

article-1261066748062-07a11177000005dc-697914_636x300.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! TOO MANY CLOWNS!!!!!!

I've soiled my armour...
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Options
  • Grith
    Grith
    Soul Shriven
    Zenimax made a mistake in their business model.

That's fine, I can understand this.
    But we don't have to pay for this mistake.
    If they consider now that 1 month of payement is Worth 1.500 crowns, we should receive this 1.500 crowns instead of 100 for each paid months in the past.
    We were part of a large beta test and there is no reason we would accept 100 / months paid.
    This is stupid of them...

They need to secure their loyal customers because right now, they are not sure at all that the new ones will pay as much as expected. And without the loyal ones, this game will die very fast.
    Options
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bet they put up 100 knowing it is not enough. Depending how many people complain they will rise it to maybe 300. And then they will stand there, claiming to listen to their customers...
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Options
This discussion has been closed.