The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We are currently investigating connection issues some players are having on the North American megaservers. We will update as new information becomes available.

How do you feel about the B2P announcement

• jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dislike - all of the "dislikes" above
    2.) As a current subscriber: If you are an active subscriber when The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited launches, you will receive 500 crowns for having a game account, plus 100 crowns for each 30-day period you have been an active subscriber. In addition, you'll be automatically enrolled in ESO Plus for the remainder of your subscription period. You'll receive the full benefits of membership, and 1500 crowns for each 30-day period remaining on your subscription. For example, if you have 30 days or less remaining, you will receive 1500 crowns. If you have between 30 and 60 days remaining, you will receive 3000 crowns. 60 to 90 days, 4500 crowns.

This is the back dated crown allotment. Its ehh.
    Options
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dislike - fears of new content slowing down
    so for those subbed if will be in future subbed/paid for items, so i know the zos have lied before this even happens, as there will be items in store i can not get in game even though i am subbed
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
    Options
  • WhiskyBob
    WhiskyBob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incoming:
    - BUY LIMITED OFFER COFFERS
    whats in the coffer? nobody knows for sure but give us the money
    - Superawesome potions
    - Swimming suit costumes
    - Pink *** pony mounts
    - Rainbow sword skin
    - Champion System Point Boost
    - Hentai Schoolgirl outfit
    - Pet cats
    - More pet cats
    - Some pink pet cats
    - Ghost pet cats
    - Zombie pet cats
    - Rainbow pet cats
    - Daedric pet cats
    - Cat mounts
    - Pink cat mounts
    - Zombie cat mounts
    - Daedric cat mounts
    - Rainbow cat mounts
    - Look at my Guar pet flying on helium baloons shooting rainbow firecrackers! #WoWMuchESO #SoImmersive #TamrielSOkawaii
    - HEY LETS DO A TRIAL, I SEE 40 PEOPLE ONLINE (20 minutes later) ok so two of us have access to Trials.....
    - Hello, what are you farming here? NI HAO!
    - What boss did you get this armor from? Mastercard.
    - [@johnnyprogamerelite] ***! <account banned. [@johnnypr0gamerelite] IM BACK ***!
    - BR? BR? BR? BR?
    - Give gold plox ***!
    - Lets go pvp! Sorry i'm out of crowns.
    - "We know that there has been no new explorable content in ages but look, here's a clown hat"
    - Welcome to Elder Scrolls - Cyrodill Demolished, Elder Scrolls - Botriel Unlimited, Elder Scrolls - Content Halted

Edited by WhiskyBob on January 21, 2015 4:47PM
    Options
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like - all of the "likes" above
    kongkim wrote: »
    the all of the nay sayers leave and new people come and all are happy again some time after and im still here playing and enjoying the game :) No loss.

Oh good, you just replaced the diehards who were willing to shell out subs and support the game with f2p crowd, you'll get your enjoyment all right. Enjoy your Waterloo, Napoleon.

Not true. The diehards like me will still be there. Only the ones that whine to much as they always see problems leave the game.
    Im 100% sure that the things i enjoy now will still be there.
    Options
  • Anex
    Anex
    ✭✭✭
    @Elloa: EXACTLY why I hate this type of model. That is what it does.. becomes a thing where money gives an unfair advantage over someone else. The game gradually goes to crap and everyone buys everything or the other players just derp around. Heck, I even hate the vanity items you can buy in some sub games like WoW.

Nope. Just nope. So much disappoint. I guess it was a sign all was going to the underworld when they totally messed up the whole Vet/Champion thing. Am I missing out? I dunno. I'm sad. I'm mad. I'm disappointed and I likely won't stay. It was a nice game that FINALLY got rid of bots, only to invite them right back. Thought zone chat was bad in low levels, ain't seen nothing yet.
    Edited by Anex on January 21, 2015 4:40PM
    Assassination/ Dual Wield Specced Stamina-based Nightblade, because I like Hardmode apparently
    Twitter | Raptr | Twitch.TV
    Options
  • Justan
    Justan
    ✭✭
    /unsubbed. I will not ever support b2p or f2p MMO's. They lack the quality, and dedication from the devs that p2p has. What a shame. I actually really liked ESO, but won't support them selling out PC players in favor of what console players would prefer
    Options
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    HvEegUH.jpg
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
    Options
  • Accident_Pr0ne
    Dislike - fears of cash shops giving unfair advantages
    THIS DAY...ESO DIED :(

canceled subscription

I get out...and close the door.
    “Rusty Old Weapons”
    We are active in the EU server.
    ROW is a guild for mature players, men and women in the age of 30 40 and 50 or older.
    Feel free to visit our websit www.rustyweapons.com
    Options
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I chose this one, mainly because I have no clue what options I will have to get the DLCs or any expansions or if F2Players will be stuck with the original zones. Also the mentioned problems might be very real.

I was never a min maxer or elitist. I have good experiences with the f2p model under my belt. But this announcement was ten ways of to vague in my book for not worrying about the stated dislikes.

I will wait and see though. I love the Elder Scrolls Universe. And I have fun playing with GF. Buy to play might also be an incentive for some of my friends to return...
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    2.) As a current subscriber: If you are an active subscriber when The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited launches, you will receive 500 crowns for having a game account, plus 100 crowns for each 30-day period you have been an active subscriber. In addition, you'll be automatically enrolled in ESO Plus for the remainder of your subscription period. You'll receive the full benefits of membership, and 1500 crowns for each 30-day period remaining on your subscription. For example, if you have 30 days or less remaining, you will receive 1500 crowns. If you have between 30 and 60 days remaining, you will receive 3000 crowns. 60 to 90 days, 4500 crowns.

This is the back dated crown allotment. Its ehh.

So great we wont even get the equivalent of one month's allotment if we have been subbed for the entire time. Wow thanks Zenimax you are so generous.
    Options
  • KhyanLeikas
    Like - other
    People who disliked don't understand very well.

If it's like GW2, no problem for me. GW2 has just some goodie and customization stuff on his cash shop. Nothing that can make a guy more powerfull than another. Just comfort. And I agree with that.

But the problem is TESO should be with this model at the beginning. It can be unfair for subscribers during these months.
    Options
  • Aziraya
    Aziraya
    ✭✭✭
    Dislike - fears of cash shops giving unfair advantages
    and convenience items like health potions.

From what planet is health potions, the things that keep you alive, a convenience item? That's a utility item you morons. If they're putting that into the "convenience" category and letting people buy them with money, I shudder to think what other random stuff is going to be in there that will give other players an unfair advantage.
    Moon-sugar hoarder extraordinaire!
    Options
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dislike - other
    Mithe wrote: »
    I'm having a *** day today.

My car is stuck at garage for repair.

My favorite game become B2P and I'm totally disgusted with the incoming DLC consolish that I just read in the FAQ.

I know there is much worst then this in life, but still a *** day ...

I don't see how dropping the subscription will improve the future content of this game, the futur fix on class & bug.

I'm afraid that customer service will go down pretty fast too.

I'll wait for my final judgement on this game until I see what is really the '' Tamriel Unlimited '', but there is a part of me that know that I'm lying to myself and get enough experience from sub to B2P or F2P model that never ended well ...
    Consolelish...yeah we can admit it is the console's fault for a large majority of this, the console held Skyrim back with it's low end hardware and now the console is helping ruin ESO in a different manner, zenimax is spending all their time creating the console version when they could of been fixing the PC version and now we here it is going to be Buy 2 Play or more commonly known as Free 2 Play.

I am 99% positive they went with a b2p model simply so they could sell it on the xbox one. So ya consoles stuck it to us. Also why no compensation for people like me who have paid every month? Shouldnt we get the 1500 crowns or whatever for every month we have paid a sub since launch? Yet we get nothing but a screw you from zenimax for being loyal customers.

From what the FAQ said, we are getting backdated crowns as if it had existed since launch

Where in the FAQ did it say that? I must have missed it.
    Says near bottom of FAQ we get 100 crowns per 30 day period subscribed from before implementation. So if you subscribed for a year you get a whopping 1200 crowns.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
    Options
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    rsciw wrote: »
    Morthur wrote: »
    They wont get another dime from me. Ill play whatever they offer for free but I refuse to pay a sub for a game that offers advantages on a cash store. I know right NOW they claim there are no advantage items being sold. Watch how quickly that changes once they find out how much they can make off selling end game gear and stat bonuses on the store.

that's fine. The shop items offer no advantage.

this sounds to be a mix between Rift and SWTOR. Rift is 100% free, SWTOR is free to a point. You have to sub to get unlimited access to everything. If all the shop has is like vanity mounts and pets and different colors for dye who cares.

If you think that xp boosts, gold boosts etc are all they will sell you are dreaming. Look at LOTRO and SWTOR's stores. They both sell end game items including gear etc. LOTRO also claimed they would never sell anything that has an advantage. Now they sell end game wepaons, armor and the rare stat boost tomes on the store. This game will go the same way.

STO is also a good example. They also first claimed that they'd never go F2P and sold people lifetime-subscriptions for $300 (iirc) and then went F2P but claimed there would be no pay2win. Now you can buy the best ships in the cash store exclusively I believe (you can buy the components required for the best ships with in-game credits but someone else had to pay for them with RL cash and then sell them to you in-game so pay2win just the same).

Yeah, I have the LTS too, from first month of STO, went through all the transition to F2P with them too, and sale to PWE, etc. etc., got boring over time a bit. Logged in recently to have a look around, pretty much everything is now in their C-Store :| Even bloody T5 ship upgrades -> cash shop.
    Better/best ships -> cash shop
    Every 2nd loot being a lockbox, key available -> cash shop (well you can buy those from the exchange, but someone has to go to the cash shop...

Won't be surprised at all if this goes down the same route like STO and many other games

Although I have to say I still enjoy STO immensely and even pay for some Ships every now and then. But only if I find it viable. And also to keep our Fleet going.

I just hope ESO turns not THAT restrictive.

Options
  • staticstorm
    staticstorm
    ✭✭
    Like - may draw in more population due to lack of monthly fees
    Slurg wrote: »

My favorite game become B2P and I'm totally disgusted with the incoming DLC consolish that I just read in the FAQ.

I don't see how dropping the subscription will improve the future content of this game, the futur fix on class & bug.

I'll wait for my final judgement on this game until I see what is really the '' Tamriel Unlimited '', but there is a part of me that know that I'm lying to myself and get enough experience from sub to B2P or F2P model that never ended well ...
    Consolelish...yeah we can admit it is the console's fault for a large majority of this, the console held Skyrim back with it's low end hardware and now the console is helping ruin ESO in a different manner, zenimax is spending all their time creating the console version when they could of been fixing the PC version and now we here it is going to be Buy 2 Play or more commonly known as Free 2 Play.

I am 99% positive they went with a b2p model simply so they could sell it on the xbox one. So ya consoles stuck it to us. Also why no compensation for people like me who have paid every month? Shouldnt we get the 1500 crowns or whatever for every month we have paid a sub since launch? Yet we get nothing but a screw you from zenimax for being loyal customers.

From what the FAQ said, we are getting backdated crowns as if it had existed since launch

Says near bottom of FAQ we get 100 crowns per 30 day period subscribed from before implementation. So if you subscribed for a year you get a whopping 1200 crowns.

didn't swtor do the same and more for the CE owners ? I remember getting items from somewhere when I went back after the f2p
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oH10GZt.jpg?1
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Like - other
    I like it going F2P. This is a failure of a game, the usual big brand, famous Intellectual Property failure like we have seen in the past (Warhammer, Age Of Conan, SWTOR in a certain way). So huge potential, so much talk and then everything, underdelivers and is underwhelming in so many ways.

I have unsubbed for a while, now temp resubbed to help guild in Sanctum then sub will lapse again because I don't value this software as worth of a sub.

But if it becomes F2P then I might bother wasting some hours to download the always overbloated patches to return and play with my guild mates every now and then, because they are really cool guys. I am just sad we didn't meet in a better game, but such is life.
    Options
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea the crown allotment is woefully low in my opinion. I get they don't want to give too many crowns so we just eat up the crown shop day 1. But 100? 100? I certainly think that can be increased.
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »

didn't swtor do the same and more for the CE owners ? I remember getting items from somewhere when I went back after the f2p

Yeah, they got a small extra for owning a CE edition, something like 15 credits extra or something, not enough for anyone to care about.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Morthur
    Morthur
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Morthur on January 22, 2015 10:06AM
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Real money already buys you extra XP, gold, crafting stuff and "convenience items like health potions and soul gems."

Was a nice game while it lasted. Can someone recommend another (either out now or in development)?
    Options
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dislike - other
    Yea the crown allotment is woefully low in my opinion. I get they don't want to give too many crowns so we just eat up the crown shop day 1. But 100? 100? I certainly think that can be increased.
    I guess we need to all threaten to rage quit over it and then it will be increased, just like the Champion Points.

But with this it sounds like a lot of people are just quitting anyway.

I'll wait and see how it all actually turns out. As usual.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It said you will get 100 crowns for every month you were subbed BEFORE the launch in March.

If your current sub extends PAST the March launch you will get 1500 crowns for every 30 day period your sub extends past the launch.

After that it is up to you to resub or not.
    Options
  • bennywiggs_ESO
    bennywiggs_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Dislike - fears of cash shop roadblocks on content
    Remember when Frior said they were going subscription because f2p broke immersion, particularly due to restricting content from people. They said a subscription permitted a seamless experience. It sounded like a major axiom. They must really be hurting for money to go back on this principle.
    Options
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It should be interesting turning a profit on soul gems for pvp with the crown allotment at the start of each month. Equally potions aren't convenience items as mentioned in this thread and in others.
    Options
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like - all of the "likes" above
    I'll finally be able to get my less-financially-fortunate friends to play with me and I won't feel guilty for spending 15 on a sub when i often have little time to no time to play, or I feel like playing other games. Win-win!
    Options
  • Mithe
    Mithe
    ✭✭✭

(Part of the "How do I get Crowns" sub heading:

2) As a current subscriber: If you are an active subscriber when The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited launches, you will receive 500 crowns for having a game account, plus 100 crowns for each 30-day period you have been an active subscriber.

Took me a while to find it, as i couldn't believe they would give us nothing for the time we had already paid for
    Edited by Mithe on January 21, 2015 4:51PM
    Mithe-VR14 NB
    Apantos-Vr5 Templar
    Ashix Flamereave - DK levelling to 50 before lvl cap drop
    Apantos Mithe- Sorc levelling to 50 before lvl cap drop
    Options
  • Lupernicus
    Lupernicus
    Soul Shriven
    My first post on the forums and likely my last. just want to say i played Conan until it went f2p then lost interest. played swtor until f2p then lost interest. I've been a fan of elderscrolls since daggerfall. like some other folks have said, i will be looking forward to the next single player rpg for elderscrolls.

bye Felicia!
    Options
  • Lepurkahn
    Lepurkahn
    Soul Shriven
    Dislike - other
    What the hell was the past year? Paid beta? Unsubbed, and even if ZOS reneges on this, not coming back. Enough is enough.

Right... Congrats everyone!

i-feel-so-used.gif
    Options
  • staticstorm
    staticstorm
    ✭✭
    Like - may draw in more population due to lack of monthly fees
    Lupernicus wrote: »
    My first post on the forums and likely my last. just want to say i played Conan until it went f2p then lost interest. played swtor until f2p then lost interest. I've been a fan of elderscrolls since daggerfall. like some other folks have said, i will be looking forward to the next single player rpg for elderscrolls.

bye Felicia!

now that TESO is B2P your looking at it for the nex 5-7years fallout will be next.
    Options