Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How do you feel about the B2P announcement

• Tanaka_Khan
    Tanaka_Khan
    ✭✭✭
    Dislike - fears of cash shops giving unfair advantages
    I'll give it a try. But if they sell motifs in the Crown shop I'll be seriously pissed. I've worked since day one to research every bloody trait. If some noob can come in and buy what has taken my just under a year to learn I'll be gone!
  • staticstorm
    staticstorm
    ✭✭
    Like - may draw in more population due to lack of monthly fees
    They wont get another dime from me. Ill play whatever they offer for free but I refuse to pay a sub for a game that offers advantages on a cash store. I know right NOW they claim there are no advantage items being sold. Watch how quickly that changes once they find out how much they can make off selling end game gear and stat bonuses on the store.

that's fine. The shop items offer no advantage.

this sounds to be a mix between Rift and SWTOR. Rift is 100% free, SWTOR is free to a point. You have to sub to get unlimited access to everything. If all the shop has is like vanity mounts and pets and different colors for dye who cares.

If you think that xp boosts, gold boosts etc are all they will sell you are dreaming. Look at LOTRO and SWTOR's stores. They both sell end game items including gear etc. LOTRO also claimed they would never sell anything that has an advantage. Now they sell end game wepaons, armor and the rare stat boost tomes on the store. This game will go the same way.

SWTOR is or was the most limited version of Free to play and I use that term loosely. you had minus xp gains vs paid locked skills bars, 5 dunegons or pvp games a week or less ect.
    Edited by staticstorm on January 21, 2015 4:08PM
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dislike - fears of cash shop roadblocks on content
    I should probably have gone with the "all of the above", but my biggest fear is that everything will be pay-gated. I am content with keeping my subscription recurring if it means that I will not see any pay-gate at all and that features won't be locked off similar to how SWTOR treats its subscribers. But if I have to spend this virtual currency "crowns" (ffs ...) on accessing more bank-space or getting better gear etc., then I will undoubtedly quit the game.

I mean already the game has a problem with the whole thing being "bind on pickup" so you cant trade ANYTHING, which makes me wonder if they will introduce "gear packs" (regardless of what they have said) or anything else with the word "pack" in it, I hate the word "pack"....
    Edited by Saturn on January 21, 2015 4:16PM
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Lepurkahn
    Lepurkahn
    Soul Shriven
    Dislike - other
    Thanks ESO and Zeni for yet another game that offers no challenge or thought. WOOO to being a mindless throw money at you drone. Most likely WILL NOT be renewing my sub. Thanks for the fun before the utter disappointment you have brought me.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm ok with it, I don't mind the B2P model. Mostly I just want to say 'told you so' to a lot of naysayers.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Micanet
    Micanet
    ✭✭
    I Still wonder why the PC/MAC version have to follow the Consoles, why cant we just keep our subscription and get our 4th to 6th weeks updates.

If people have a problem with no subscription fees for consoles, they are clearly free to go play on a console, but for us the pure Computer players, why are we going to be punished, we where the ones that paid your salary and the completion of the console versions since april last year, I also admit we have had alot of fun during this time period, but we also struggled with quite alot of bugs, many players lost because of them.

Now you ask us to bend over and take it hard, I guess we shall no longer expect an 4th to 6th week update in the game, I am also guessing that 1.6 wont go public untill the 17th of march why else are you setting up a wierd in the middle of a month date for it.

For some reason you believe that your lost players will come back if you make the game F2P, wonder where you got idea from, most of the players that left this games where because of bugs, not because of a measly $15 a month.

I am not one of the ones that will be leaving this game now, I want to see what happens, but if one day I will be able to buy some superior weapons, armor or any other item that makes me better than anyone else, then it will be bye bye from me to.

What you can sell me in your new crown store, is more guild spots, more characters, fancy pets (I would love an Eagle that could catch mice, fish and critters), full sets of armor for my horses/mounts but armor that only look like armor both dont have any effects at all.

Anyway one comment i remember Matt said, We would rather close the servers than go free 2 play, guess he changed his mind.
  • staticstorm
    staticstorm
    ✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    I'm ok with it, I don't mind the B2P model. Mostly I just want to say 'told you so' to a lot of naysayers.

right after over a year? SWTOR was less than 6months, I think teso did well to try to last it out.
  • OrangeTheCat
    OrangeTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dislike - all of the "dislikes" above
    This kills any trust I still had for ZOS. I'm leaving. Doesn't matter anymore what 1.6/1.7 is like.
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like - may be positive like LoL's cash shop, with only vanity items
    I truly hope no one is really surprised by this announcement.....I'm all for it. I'll keep subbing and hopefully get some decent looking fashion items from the shop because currently the in game armor blows.
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lynnessa wrote: »
    I used to play Phantasy Star: Universe on my PS2. Here's hoping that ESO lasts more years than that one did.

I am optmistic. Will be nice to play the game without the hassle of subscription & etc.
    yeah it will be free but here is the problem.....those people who play will not be playing seriously, their heart would not be in the game, now if their hearts were in it they would of paid the subription and if their hearts are not in the game they won't care about things such as helping in PvP among other things and they will probably just log in so they can yap all day about things that are not relevant to ES and then they just spam the chatbox allday and troll the real gamer's who are trying to enjoy ESO.

Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on January 21, 2015 4:14PM
  • lorgar_ESO
    lorgar_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    *** U ZOS
  • HoosierPappy
    HoosierPappy
    ✭✭✭
    Wheres the "apprehensive" option? Im kinda in the wait and see mode, especially on the new subs. If the offerings for that are lame I will unsub, and perhaps even toss in the towel.
  • rsciw
    rsciw
    ✭✭✭
    Morthur wrote: »
    They wont get another dime from me. Ill play whatever they offer for free but I refuse to pay a sub for a game that offers advantages on a cash store. I know right NOW they claim there are no advantage items being sold. Watch how quickly that changes once they find out how much they can make off selling end game gear and stat bonuses on the store.

this sounds to be a mix between Rift and SWTOR. Rift is 100% free, SWTOR is free to a point. You have to sub to get unlimited access to everything. If all the shop has is like vanity mounts and pets and different colors for dye who cares.

If you think that xp boosts, gold boosts etc are all they will sell you are dreaming. Look at LOTRO and SWTOR's stores. They both sell end game items including gear etc. LOTRO also claimed they would never sell anything that has an advantage. Now they sell end game wepaons, armor and the rare stat boost tomes on the store. This game will go the same way.

STO is also a good example. They also first claimed that they'd never go F2P and sold people lifetime-subscriptions for $300 (iirc) and then went F2P but claimed there would be no pay2win. Now you can buy the best ships in the cash store exclusively I believe (you can buy the components required for the best ships with in-game credits but someone else had to pay for them with RL cash and then sell them to you in-game so pay2win just the same).

Yeah, I have the LTS too, from first month of STO, went through all the transition to F2P with them too, and sale to PWE, etc. etc., got boring over time a bit. Logged in recently to have a look around, pretty much everything is now in their C-Store :| Even bloody T5 ship upgrades -> cash shop.
    Better/best ships -> cash shop
    Every 2nd loot being a lockbox, key available -> cash shop (well you can buy those from the exchange, but someone has to go to the cash shop...

Won't be surprised at all if this goes down the same route like STO and many other games
  • Aiko
    Aiko
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so pissed about this decision..
    And even more about the whole.. "We are happy to announce.."
    Srsly? Happy? Well then go f....

Bye.
    Fast is fine, but accurate is final.
  • ciritty
    ciritty
    ✭✭
    Wizzo91 wrote: »
    B2P / F2P = Crappy community. Main reason for me.
    Well subscriptions are only part of what keeps a community from going bad, just look at world of warcraft.

Age, size and difficulty are a big part of it as well, If you're looking for a MMO that has an amazing community despite being buy to play I strongly recommend The Secret World, it also doesn't have any pay 2 win aspects which I hope ESO will avoid including (Although I also un-subbed).
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dislike - fears of cash shops giving unfair advantages
    Micanet wrote: »
    I Still wonder why the PC/MAC version have to follow the Consoles, why cant we just keep our subscription and get our 4th to 6th weeks updates.

If people have a problem with no subscription fees for consoles, they are clearly free to go play on a console, but for us the pure Computer players, why are we going to be punished, we where the ones that paid your salary and the completion of the console versions since april last year, I also admit we have had alot of fun during this time period, but we also struggled with quite alot of bugs, many players lost because of them.

Now you ask us to bend over and take it hard, I guess we shall no longer expect an 4th to 6th week update in the game, I am also guessing that 1.6 wont go public untill the 17th of march why else are you setting up a wierd in the middle of a month date for it.

For some reason you believe that your lost players will come back if you make the game F2P, wonder where you got idea from, most of the players that left this games where because of bugs, not because of a measly $15 a month.

I am not one of the ones that will be leaving this game now, I want to see what happens, but if one day I will be able to buy some superior weapons, armor or any other item that makes me better than anyone else, then it will be bye bye from me to.

What you can sell me in your new crown store, is more guild spots, more characters, fancy pets (I would love an Eagle that could catch mice, fish and critters), full sets of armor for my horses/mounts but armor that only look like armor both dont have any effects at all.

Anyway one comment i remember Matt said, We would rather close the servers than go free 2 play, guess he changed his mind.

I have no problem with people being able to buy pets and mounts from this shop. But if actual gear starts being sold, I will leave.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    I should probably have gone with the "all of the above", but my biggest fear is that everything will be pay-gated. I am content with keeping my subscription recurring if it means that I will not see any pay-gate at all and that features won't be locked off similar to how SWTOR treats its subscribers. But if I have to spend this virtual currency "crowns" (ffs ...) on accessing more bank-space or getting better gear etc.

I mean already the game has a problem with the whole thing being "bind on pickup" so you cant trade ANYTHING, which makes me wonder if they will introduce "gear packs" (regardless of what they have said) or anything else with the word "pack" in it, I hate the word "pack"....
    next thing you know they will be selling max level character's and it will be just like that other MMO.

Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on January 21, 2015 4:16PM
  • Fivefivesix
    Fivefivesix
    ✭✭✭
    Dislike - other
    This will surely cause many to leave and I believe that the problems that exist in the game now will not get the attention as everyone hoped they would because there will be more stuff to take care of. I disliked but we will see how this plays out.
    United we stand, divided we fall.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Morthur wrote: »

STO is also a good example. They also first claimed that they'd never go F2P and sold people lifetime-subscriptions for $300 (iirc) and then went F2P but claimed there would be no pay2win. Now you can buy the best ships in the cash store exclusively I believe (you can buy the components required for the best ships with in-game credits but someone else had to pay for them with RL cash and then sell them to you in-game so pay2win just the same).

I am one of those people who got suckered into buying a lifetime sub. I havent even loaded STO in a year or more. I have a lifetime VIP sub and still wont play it.
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Experience for cash in Premium. Is that ZoS' way of trying to bribe subscribers into stepping on the slippery slope towards pay to win?

Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goodbye ESO. It was fun while it lasted.

I feel with the great developers who have been working on this magnificient game. You had a true diamond in your hands, but the higher ups decided to sell it for a nickle.
    I'm also sorry for the great community team, especially Gina, Jessica and Kai, who have done a fantastic job but now will have to deal with (rightfully) upset customers. I wish you guys all the best.

Already canceled my subscription.

The ending of the word is ALMSIVI.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • ZigoSid
    ZigoSid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like - other
    I'm fifty - fifty.

Good things : - Have the choice to buy or not *** zones like Craglorn, when they're ready (15€ when it's ready is better for my poor bank account than 3 months at 13€ waiting for 1.6)
    - Motifs will release faster I'll have the choice to pay the ones I like or not.
    - Maybe new mount (but hoping they will stay lore friendly and not make 2 billions *** mount)
    - Play with my buddies on console (except if I can't transfert character)

Bad things : - Maybe an amount of less civilized people joining the game.
    - 2 000 000 years for new REAL contents (Motifs, mount and others shop things will be out quickly don't worry for that.)
    - The fear of Pay to win contents.

If some of my sentences are stranges and have burned your eyes it's because i'm not english, so, sorry guys.

Edited by ZigoSid on January 21, 2015 4:19PM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dislike - other
    "Your favorite restaurant just turned into a fastfood kiosk"

That's how this makes me feel.
  • Ruben
    Ruben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "free" community is awful. I really hope that the end game stays mostly how it is, with player skill + looted items instead of top end gear crown purchases + 24 hour 100% extra damage buff.
    DK Stamina DPS
    DK Magicka DPS
    DK Tank
    Templar Healer
    Sorcerer Stamina DPS
    Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Nightblade Stamina DPS
  • BlueIllyrian
    BlueIllyrian
    ✭✭✭
    New player here, bought game on discount over Xmas, bought Imperial upgrade 4 days ago and now I am chalking those € 40 to learning loss. Canceled my sub, and on my way out. Thanks, if I wanted crappy f2p with cash shop posing as "convenience" I would stay and get fleeced at LOTRO or STO. As it is I might as well go back to SWTOR, it's limited f2p looks better than this.
    Edited by BlueIllyrian on January 21, 2015 4:20PM
  • Khami
    Khami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vikestart wrote: »
    Other than the +10% gold gain when you're a sub, I can't see any issues with the transition.

It's the same system BW/EA uses for SW:TOR, where the troll store, Cartel Market, gets new stuff on a regular basis, weekly to bi-weekly where actual content takes months to be released and is small in nature.

SW:TOR released a new expansion last month, it cost $20 and I blew through all the content in it with 4 different alts in a month. I only played on alt per week to stretch it out.

It moved the max level from 55 to 60, added 2 new planets with dailies on both. 2 new dungeons and 2 new raids. No word on what's coming next, outside of new skins for fluff in the troll store.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    Can we get a "I'm Pissed I just Paid for a 1-year long Beta Test" Option?
    Compensation we need in that case, how about have it so only those who paid for a subscription can ever enter Cyrodiil, permanently lock those who came after it went F2P out of PvP.

Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on January 21, 2015 4:21PM
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I am pretty disappointed / angry, I just came back after 6 months of not playing to see how the game was doing, was pleased with the changes, and was finally able to play my 2 handed heavy armor character, and now I find out the tight knit community is going to be shattered because of this nonsense. Oh well : sigh : as long as they keep the content rolling, and don't put any p2w items in the store I will be ..... content.....not happy, but content.
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad news.
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dislike - fears of new content slowing down
    great, (sarcastic) there goes the content update every 6-8 weeks
    here comes the bots and idiots will see if they same thing happens here as happened with swtor, if does i am gone
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike