The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How do you feel about the B2P announcement

Fenris
Fenris
✭✭✭
Please choose which one is the closest to your feelings. Curiosity here. Personally, I like the way the game was and am fearful of any changes B2P might bring. P2P always guarantees that anyone playing is at the same advantage as the rest. In P2P, time commitment, skill, and in-game choices are the only factors separating players.

I am curious as to what everyone else thinks, because there are other sides to everything.
Edited by Fenris on January 21, 2015 3:35PM

How do you feel about the B2P announcement 1207 votes

Dislike - fears of new content slowing down
6%
cozmon3c_ESOErlexMalaVrazicaAsia_SkylyRonethkevlarto_ESOtipperofcow_ESOtryia3b14a_ESODobbaDeuceAstienTheLawcygnus_royb14_ESONivana1717OlernLionxoftkumatab14_ESOpantaro30c0rpElridgeorxan.qayibovb16_ESO 82 votes
Dislike - fears of cash shops giving unfair advantages
5%
TerminusdriosketchDigitalCowm12d12_ESOother.smith_ESOkhalum_ESOApophissAzirayasquidgod2000b14_ESOKaslolo_01b16_ESOfinkregh.TESOb16_ESOVraokmailb16_ESO149xMovingTargetbertenburnyb16_ESOLopyturiacLukeh ShadyvaleLuisenv.brosseau.45b16_ESO 66 votes
Dislike - fears of cash shop roadblocks on content
2%
Rifraff_ESOAzarulbennywiggs_ESOmistermagic87b14_ESOMorvulFabian.Haas186b16_ESOSeiryn_Aerithc.wuestnerb16_ESOVelajagresiackwisatzSaturnDaniAngionefamine80eb17_ESOAlisyraFrancescolgSpiritblade14pemaSpidder81Razzak 28 votes
Dislike - all of the "dislikes" above
41%
Maximis_ESOOleVladseancaputo_ESOAren_LioreNsainElloaEQBallzzGlorybebezed_ESOA247SlayerSyrenaEpsilon_EchoAevricThe_Doctor_ESOIagoben_ESO5KikazaruRana1014jambam817_ESOmandrakethebard_ESO 497 votes
Dislike - other
7%
billp_ESOlavosslayerGidorickXeniphAett_ThornseanvwolfGoldenjaguar_ESOSlurgArtisdrzycki_ESOJahosefatKalcipher1GestankfaustKalmankelly.medleyb14_ESOBigMSoulshinePlantagenetAmsel_McKayTrisstraeb14_ESO 87 votes
Like - may draw in more population due to lack of monthly fees
12%
murtrem_ESOcesmodeJHawkkNajjynnNordJitsuacolyte2475b14_ESOLtCrunchblack-gryphonb14_ESOLuxLunaeSilindekarmamuleDcaliberEthonaJandoGilcroixEsha76jooky427b14_ESODrazekcavakthestampedeAlarra 150 votes
Like - may assist in getting newer people caught up to veteran players (via possible cash shop bonuses)
0%
ArconSeptimSergunMarcus_ThraciusKBKB 4 votes
Like - may be positive like LoL's cash shop, with only vanity items
7%
NyteshadeNivzruo_ESOSythiaskungmoogarageband2006b14_ESOAortickLionheartRichardElder_IIINukleusdecayb16_ESOIruil_ESOflavienbbb16_ESONaor_Sarethiiliev.rumenb16_ESOCharadraszaffa89JitterbugAltaris16_ESOsand_manSötlimpa 85 votes
Like - all of the "likes" above
12%
ZoltarielVeerorophez_ESOMcBeer_ESOjra5658_ESOstevenbennett_ESOstygianvision_ESOSG_CelerrimusWraithAzraielLawfulEvilNewBlacksmurfcelticstormcubbyhomesb14_ESOdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOIncoFeidamAzzuriaAnimal_MotherDarkintellectjk315701b14_ESO 154 votes
Like - other
4%
maderschramm_ESOSolarikenbrandon.coker101_ESOandrew.king141b14_ESOCatsmoke14eqbrekkikSteveCampsOutdietlimeTyrmdziurKhivas_Carrickricku1967JTorusStonesthrowHaukeb16_ESOWolfsspinneFrcyrmartin.ollandb16_ESOZigoSidAriBoh 54 votes
  • Vikestart
    Vikestart
    ✭✭✭
    Like - all of the "likes" above
    Other than the +10% gold gain when you're a sub, I can't see any issues with the transition.
  • Pathfinder
    Pathfinder
    ✭✭✭
    #Unsubbed
    Good bye guys. :(
    Main
    Malfahri del Sol Imperial Templar (stamplar *new respec) PC/NA/Trueflame
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I did my best in defending ZOS's desigions. Time to grab my torch and join angry crowd.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • staticstorm
    staticstorm
    ✭✭
    to be honest if they use the DCU F2P model it would work very nice, all content to max is free including updates to system wide changes, when content is added like dungeons and raids(w/e teso version is called) will be 5-9£ for a handful of them.

if they go GW2 model where they charge for anything remotely nice looking, or you miss a few months and have to pay for missions, then ill pass.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not voting just yet as I want to see how it turns out. If it's a mix of Guild Wars (B2P) and Rift (F2P+P2P option) which it looks like it'll be then I'll be happy with it. No sense in trying to speculate right now just how it'll turn out, and I'm paid up through the change.
  • Shuichi
    Shuichi
    ✭✭✭
    Gut-wrenching sadly, I know many like me waited literally years for this game to happen. Now it's already done for in my opinion, this game had so much potential but corporate greed will always trump true passion.

Zenimax, you've got a hell of a lot of work to do to prove to me this is not a completely terrible plan.
    Hand of Sithis - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dislike - other
    Needs an option for: cautiously optimistic. Surely it is better than just a pure F2P model, and it seems like they are doing it to how City of Heroes did it back when they switched to a Hybrid Model, and it worked for them for a while, and as a subscriber I didn't really notice much of a change.

However, this could all go downhill very fast depending on what is available in the cash shop. I am still playing for a while, but continued subscription will depend on how this plays out.
  • mamericus
    mamericus
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I did my best in defending ZOS's desigions. Time to grab my torch and join angry crowd.

Save a torch for me. :'(
    Was fun while it lasted. GG guys.

#Unsubbed
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They wont get another dime from me. Ill play whatever they offer for free but I refuse to pay a sub for a game that offers advantages on a cash store. I know right NOW they claim there are no advantage items being sold. Watch how quickly that changes once they find out how much they can make off selling end game gear and stat bonuses on the store.
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even of they say the shop will purely contain cosmetic items, I can't believe them anymore. It might.be like that at start but I would be surprised if it.kept up like that after months as well. I mean sure, it's possible, some.other games managed but unfortunately, the majority did not.

I'm going to wait and.check it.out and I plan to keep paying a sub fee, but the moment I see they focus mostly on the shop and not actual content or that you will be forced to buy stuff with coins, I'm out.

I'm really disappointed by this announcement and I know it can be done well, I have a feeling from past experience that it won't be.
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • AlexDelta
    AlexDelta
    ✭✭
    Dislike - other
    I feel ripped off. It's like I have paid to take part in a f'n beta test.
  • Ahdora
    Ahdora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    I'm not voting just yet as I want to see how it turns out. If it's a mix of Guild Wars (B2P) and Rift (F2P+P2P option) which it looks like it'll be then I'll be happy with it. No sense in trying to speculate right now just how it'll turn out, and I'm paid up through the change.

I'm not paid up through the change, and I'm struggling mighty hard right now to find a reason to pay my sub fee in a few weeks. :(

I reacted first with utter shock, then anger. I'm trying to chill and look at it differently. I want to give it a shot, but there are a few things mentioned in their article of how the Plus Premium membership will work that I don't like at all, and can see going very badly.

Not sure if this is going to be a road I want to travel with ZOS, and it's kind of heartbreaking, because I love this game and have been excited for the coming systems.
    Heals With Stick, V11 Argonian Nightblade Healer, NA-EP
  • Wizzo91
    Wizzo91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dislike - other
    B2P / F2P = Crappy community. Main reason for me.
    [EU]

Wizzo - Stamina DK - 50 - DC
    Wizzox - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Vilest Wizz - Magicka Sorc - 50 - DC
    Wiser Wizz - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Wizzo X - Magicka NB - 50 - AD
    In Rainbows - Stam Sorc - 50 - AD
    Fake Plastic Tree - Stamplar - 50 - EP

6XX CP

• staticstorm
    staticstorm
    ✭✭
    Wizzo91 wrote: »

yes WoW is the best community, subs don't = good community as WoW is a toxic waste land
  • BrianESO
    BrianESO
    ✭✭
    @Shuichi My thoughts exactly but in all honesty i'm probably leaving the model doesn't seem that good to me. Most of all though the community will break it happens all the time in a Transition of business models. It was kinda fun while it lasted. Back to Skyrim!
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dislike - other
    I fear what it will do to the community in the game. It is incredible difficult to maintain a loyal dedicated player base in this model.

Never had a problem with cash shops in games where I didn't care about the community but in all games I have seen that had a good community, they lost it after they went F2P.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahdora wrote: »
    DeLindsay wrote: »

I'm not paid up through the change, and I'm struggling mighty hard right now to find a reason to pay my sub fee in a few weeks. :(

I reacted first with utter shock, then anger. I'm trying to chill and look at it differently. I want to give it a shot, but there are a few things mentioned in their article of how the Plus Premium membership will work that I don't like at all, and can see going very badly.

Not sure if this is going to be a road I want to travel with ZOS, and it's kind of heartbreaking, because I love this game and have been excited for the coming systems.
    Trion did this really well with Rift, and after reading the benefits of ESO Plus, it seems like ZoS is modeling it directly after Rift, with a little bit of Guild wars (B2P) thrown in. I was always a Patron (paid sub) in Rift after it changed and enjoyed that option.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dislike - other
    Dislike especially because of the pressure the cash shop model will bring to add glitzy but lore-breaking content. There'll be pink unicorns and anime outfits before you know it.
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, this was coming with the console release anyways due to the consoles having their own fees. It would be unfair to the PC community to be subscription and the console b2p. It would also be unfair to charge the console players subscription fees on top of the console fees.

Many people who I know have said that they will be leaving, but I know some people who ran into financial difficulties due to hospital bills that should be coming back. I know myself that I likely would spend more in the cash shop than on the subscription fee.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Same here, and now I feel like a total a$$. First announcement and we already have XP bonuses for money.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    My major concern with the subscription and dlc is perhaps a very odd one. Traditionally, at least partly due to physical coordination problems, I play solo, pretty much exclusively. I might consider keeping up the subscription, and thus getting the dlc, if they are going to guarantee a fair mix of dlc. They need to make sure that they aren't just favoring people who group, or people who are into pvp. I don't feel that I can possibly get my actual reaction time up sufficiently to not cause serious problems for a group, and would like to know for certain that my funds are actually going to something that is beneficial for me (thus the wish for a fair mix of styles). I really couldn't care less about the pay store, because, from what they're suggesting, it's things that I really am not interested in. So, I'm watching this carefully.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can get over paying for the DLC, as I have done that on consoles for all of my life:) The cash shops are my true concern. If I see even ONE piece of PVP/PvE gear in this "crown shop" I will immediately leave the game and go back to that MMO everyone hates. I refuse to play a game where people receive unfair advantages based on how much money they have.

If it stays cosmetics only, that will be OK with me. I wont like it, but I can get over it; but if these shops start selling gear, expect me to make a huge goodbye post on the forums. I am trying as hard as I can to stay with this game, as I still believe it can be great in the long run.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

yes WoW is the best community, subs don't = good community as WoW is a toxic waste land

Except for ESO had the best MMO community since I played SWG.
    Edited by Sallington on January 21, 2015 3:47PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Darkrogue671
    Darkrogue671
    ✭✭✭
    This just became, "Just another MMORPG." As Eric Burns once said, "Same as it ever was."

EDIT: Let me put this in perspective - at the time I voted (including my vote) 66 people voted "dislike" and only 7 voted "like". That is almost 10 times the number disapproving over approving and these are your customers speaking. That doesn't matter. There is a bigger issue here and it is global to all game producers that I won't mention here because I know it will be removed. Suffice to say, it is not a coincidence that the B2P format would come out at the same time as the console roll out.
    Edited by Darkrogue671 on January 21, 2015 3:59PM
  • WhiskyBob
    WhiskyBob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do I feel about the change?
    Angry.
    So very very very angry.
    14410_0081.gif
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This (and the other reasons). The f2p/b2p model caters to the lowest common denominator. The entire game, and these forums, will become what starter area zone chat was at launch.

But quality customers are burdensome, and the bumbling masses are profitable. Easy choice for most corporations.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • rendolpheb16_ESO
    rendolpheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having a *** day today.

My car is stuck at garage for repair.

My favorite game become B2P and I'm totally disgusted with the incoming DLC consolish that I just read in the FAQ.

I know there is much worst then this in life, but still a *** day ...

I don't see how dropping the subscription will improve the future content of this game, the futur fix on class & bug.

I'm afraid that customer service will go down pretty fast too.

I'll wait for my final judgement on this game until I see what is really the '' Tamriel Unlimited '', but there is a part of me that know that I'm lying to myself and get enough experience from sub to B2P or F2P model that never ended well ...
    For Templar PvP video check my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/RendolpheGamer
  • phtony06b14_ESO
    phtony06b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    As usual poll offers no neutral feeling choice. It all depends on how they implement it. From what I've seen posted subscriber perks are acceptable. Depends on how it evolves.
  • G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭
    already cancelled, im out
    - First AD EU Group to finish DSA VET -
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
    AD Argonian V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 15
    AD Bosmer V16 Nightblade Alliance Rank 16
    AD Kahjiit V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 10
    AD Dunmer V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 9
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10 - flawless vMSA
    DC Altmer V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 9 - flawless vMSA
    AD Breton V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10
    AD Altmer V16 Sorceress Alliance Rank 21
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dislike - other
    Conflicted. On one hand I fear it means return of the bots and entry of a new game population that is less civilized. A lot of good contributing community members are likely leaving over this and who will take their place?

On the other hand, it looks like I'll finally get that pet dog!

By shelling out more cash!

I think they should be giving out a whole throne room full of crowns to those of us who have funded their console and B2P development through subscriptions since the beginning, not the pittance we are getting.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.