The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Feedback to the Champion System

• Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vivecc wrote: »
    The champion system as it stand is a terrible idea, i am a new player and i will never be able to catch up, which means i will never be able to fully enjoy this game, i will be past up or unable to compete all because i am new and do not have very many champion points, this is a not a balance, it is far from it, it completely unbalances the entire game

honestly ?
    so you would like lets say play 2 months and have the same as one guy that played 2 years ? No way m8!
    there must be some distinction between newbie and long time Player and thats the cp system. you can easy catch up on gear and stuff, but to get the same amount of cp , well that takes TIME. spend it or be happy with what u get in yor "normal" time allocated
    i like the champ system and i would prefer to keep it

Grinding shouldn't be what makes you a better player, your skill at playing the game should be what makes you a better player.

Things obtained from grinding at best give poor players an excuse to fall back on when they lose, and at worst actually disadvantage skillful players that aren't interested in spending long amounts of time or money for exp pots grinding away.
  • set44ub17_ESO1
    Why did you guys not have it where you earn champion points from level 1-50 as well? you play the game hit vet 1 and go into the veteran campaigns with 0 champ points. seems kind of silly. even if you earned them very slowly dew to the lower level quests awarding less xp any way and gradually speeding up as you level do to the xp rewards increasing. i know you removing the vet ranks, witch will make more since then. you should consider doing this in the change maybe some how earning your first 30 points by level 50. 10 in each tree or something like that.
  • XANTITHESISX
    XANTITHESISX
    ✭✭✭
    An update on some of these post would be nice. I went through a few of these post only to realize that the OP was Jan 2015 not Jan 2016. Is this thread even relevant anymore?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An update on some of these post would be nice. I went through a few of these post only to realize that the OP was Jan 2015 not Jan 2016. Is this thread even relevant anymore?
    I'm not sure about other necroed threads, but this one certainly isn't.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • GRH
    GRH
    Soul Shriven
    this thread gave me headaches.
    few weeks ago i heard talks in the game that veteran system was to be changed,
    came to forum and i saw a relevant thread by an admin explaining some possibilities, being new in the forum and in fact didnt even have an account (i never received a code after game purchase, and neither of my second and third accounts ""frustrating"" ) i didnt realize this was an old thread.

few weeks later i popped in again and saw further notifications again by an admin dated january and i did visit on january second, newly stepping in 2016 brain didnt register the 2015... hence got further convinced of the new developer plans. majority of the players in ESO are less than 1 year old players.. true? so we dont know what the heck happened in the past.

i know a lot of people talk about this in game, and i did talk to lots of ppl about this no one told me something like hey mate thats old stuff ! ,

both this thread and the initial relevant one "should have been moderated and closed" last year when both lost validity as the announced changes were never made and new vet ranks were added. or at least closed as soon as a moderator noticed the necroed thread.. did they even???

• bubbahoootep
    bubbahoootep
    Soul Shriven
    Not sure why everyone is a excited about this. 70 point cap to conversion if awful for someone with multiple vet characters. 5 points per vr means 70 points for 1 vr16. Any other vet character means was a waste to lvl. As someone with 4 v16s. Thank zos 4 making me save 15 bucks a month, eso plus cancelled now
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bubbahoootep This thread is outdated. The information here is relevant for when the Champion System was introduced in early 2015, and has no relation to what is going to happen when Veteran Ranks are removed later this year (2016).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a bit confused, and would appreciate some clarification @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom .

I currently have a single V16 character and otherwise insignificant non-Vet alts.
    Through this single V16 character, I have 255 Champion Points.
    This is 85/167 in every constellation.

With this new change, for this single character, I will receive a maximum of 70 Champion Points?
    Is this 70 total (a difference of 185 from my current total)?
    Is this 70 in each constellation (a difference of 15 from my current constellations)?

I would appreciate clarification. I'm really hoping I'm reading this wrong...

And derp-necro... January 2015, not 2016. [insert facepalm]
    Edited by FilteredRiddle on January 23, 2016 10:00PM
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay
    Obsidian Guard (Social with PvX Events)

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
    - Jane McGonigal
  • sirsnapper
    sirsnapper
    Soul Shriven
    Kind of lame you have a cap on champion points now due to bad players or under lvled players going up against veterans that the vets get screwed way to hit your seasoned players where it counts for that new blood. Oh and the whole stam nerf is kind of bunk as well, stam users need stam for everything rolling blocking sneaking and attacking but lets keep taking the regen and stam away ? ? ? ? really? If that’s the case magic users should use magic for blocking sneaking and rolling same concept, by the time we get any ware we can’t use any skills so bunk.
  • sirsnapper
    sirsnapper
    Soul Shriven
    Use all my stam to take a mages shield off as hes running around lolling like a troll teleporting then boom one shot with a bomb -.-.
  • WolfWarrior84
    WolfWarrior84
    ✭✭
    I am curious what about the attribute points we get for each level what will happen to those. will there be something in place to accommodate the change or what will happen there.
    WolfWarrior84
    PS4 na server DC & EP Alliance
    Champion point 646
    Argonain templar healer, orc dragon knight tank, high elf sorcerer dps, kajiit knightblade dps , Stam Sorc pvp
  • WolfWarrior84
    WolfWarrior84
    ✭✭
    is this 70 per section or 70 in total to use in all 3 sections. i am vr 3 with 40 cp in each section this seems to cheat all the people that put in time and effort to earn their points. should i not try to progress and wait for this change that way i have more content to run to earn points. because 70 points in total is not worth what i would have if was to reach vr 16 with the current system. i am far from end game but i think those that are there should not be restricted because they liked your game enough to max out there characters and the low characters like me that cry about getting wrecked by end game shut up it should be that way but in work to get better like the people taking you out did
    WolfWarrior84
    Champion point 646
    Argonain templar healer, orc dragon knight tank, high elf sorcerer dps, kajiit knightblade dps , Stam Sorc pvp
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WolfWarrior84 This thread is outdated. The information here is relevant for when the Champion System was introduced in early 2015, and has no relation to what is going to happen when Veteran Ranks are removed later this year (2016).
  • rk110132
    rk110132
    ✭✭
    The game recently is not letting me log in or is running pretty laggy I dont understand why...keeps on saying error 200 ,201, 108 etc dont know now Iam feeling pissed off now that Im logged in facing major lag
  • WolfWarrior84
    WolfWarrior84
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @WolfWarrior84 This thread is outdated. The information here is relevant for when the Champion System was introduced in early 2015, and has no relation to what is going to happen when Veteran Ranks are removed later this year (2016).

lol dam now i just feel stupid thanks for letting me know. is there any information on the new system or are they keeping us in the dark for now?
    WolfWarrior84
    Champion point 646
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol dam now i just feel stupid thanks for letting me know. is there any information on the new system or are they keeping us in the dark for now?

The most we have had recently (which, to be fair, was quite a bit) can be found here http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/comment/2457704#Comment_2457704
  • WolfWarrior84
    WolfWarrior84
    ✭✭

The most we have had recently (which, to be fair, was quite a bit) can be found here http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/comment/2457704#Comment_2457704

thanks big help to be reading the right information SMH
    WolfWarrior84
    Champion point 646
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    As others have called out, there is a more recent developer discussion thread about Champion Points. To ensure the discussion remains fresh, and focused on the current state of the system, we're locking this thread and asking that people continue the discussion here.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.