The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[VICTORY] The Great MMO Face-Off of 2014 - THE FINAL BATTLE - ESO vs. Lord of the Rings Online

• Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Soulshine wrote: »
    As a long time veteran of LotrO which I have played since day one, and being also a player here since beta - I have to say that as usual, people overlook a lot of obvious with these polls.

In many ways, LotrO is like WoW (aside from it's systems) in that it is a massive game, been around now for many years, and it has seen many ups and downs. Most especially, it's community is by far... FAR... way more resilient than this one here - just by virtue of sheer longevity and willingness to endure what we have both in game and on the game forums. That it was nearly killed off altogether by a former CM who thankfully FINALLY departed before he finished banning from the official forums every single player who even hinted at a problem with the game, ish a testament in of itself - I care not what the outcome of the poll is on that front. For those of you still around on OF, you know who and what I mean....

This game here and it's community is way too young, has not gelled, and is still fighting within itself to form. That we are still here and still playing is only part of the process. My hope is that the game matures and that the community will invest not only it's time playing but also some of its heart into creating a community that is more invested in helping each other as players to grow the game than in talking smack in chat, gouging other players at guild stores, and just generally being out for themselves. Heck we where more "together" during beta than at present, IMHO.

As far as which is a better game - they are simply apples and oranges. Not a worthy comparison.

Soo...

Did you vote apples or oranges?

Purple Monkeysquirrel.
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
    Options
  • TGiordano92
    TGiordano92
    ✭✭✭
    Neizir wrote: »
    53% to ESO
    47% to LOTRO

Doing well folks, just hold out until this evening!

On another note, ESO is now the 6th highest-rated game on MMORPG.com! It has a rating of 8.02, overtaking Darkfall Unholy Wars.

We could maybe attempt to overtake Rift, which stands at 8.12! It's another good way to positively promote ESO aside from the faceoff. If you go on to ESO's game page on MMORPG.com, go to Ratings, sign in with your account and give ESO some good ratings if you haven't already! If we overtake Rift we'd become the 5th-highest-rated game on MMORPG.com!

Let's get ESO into the spotlight!

Agreed! lets vote!
    Options
  • Lovelyn
    Lovelyn
    ✭✭
    THERE'S A LOTR MMO????? Never played it, but I would vote on it, because my love for the ring is PRECIOUS!
    Options
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sindala wrote: »
    Purple Monkeysquirrel.

Nah, Orange Monkey Eagle. Clearly the superior choice.

ETA: Elder Scrolls Online
    53.9%

Lord of the Rings Online
    46.1%
    Edited by Hanokihs on January 2, 2015 7:51PM
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
    Options
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    Purple Monkeysquirrel.

Not while potato is still around
    Options
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purple Monkeysquirrel.

Hodor!
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
    Options
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Purple Monkeysquirrel.

Hodor!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hodor
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Purple Monkeysquirrel.

Hodor!

Hodor?
    Options
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Purple Monkeysquirrel.

Hodor!

Hodor?

Hodor Hodor HOdor! HoDor? Hodor Hodor!

Hodor ESO= 54.4%

Hodor LOTRO=45.6%
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is cool that they are advertising this on login screen for the game now. That is call dedicated.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. One guy over there on MMORPG is really upset at all of the new registrations that are happening there.

Naturally, each new registration is the same person voting more than once.

I am glad I am too busy playing ESO today to be checking the creation date of people on that website.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah he said all new accounts should be discounted cause it skews the votes. Maybe every Account made after LOTRO was made should also be discounted cause that could skew it towards LOTRO /facepalm

Some people are just....Dolmen up!!!
    Options
  • Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you love ESo then vote.

If you hate ESO then don't.

If you love LotrO then vote.

If you hate LotrO then don't.

I play both, I love both. Don't be daft in thinking either are actually competing with each other. Vote for what you love.
    Options
  • Marenne
    Marenne
    ✭✭✭
    54.2% si it's Won?
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marenne wrote: »
    54.2% si it's Won?

Not until all the votes are tallied. Lotro fanbois have a tendency to rush and stuff the ballot box at the end.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. One guy over there on MMORPG is really upset at all of the new registrations that are happening there.

Naturally, each new registration is the same person voting more than once.

I am glad I am too busy playing ESO today to be checking the creation date of people on that website.

Well, is it one vote per PC, or one vote per person? I'm sure there's a bunch of couples/friends/roommates who are voting individually on each side.

See, that's one of the issues with forcing sign-up. Of course all the accounts are going to flood in at once - half these people wouldn't ever go to the site, otherwise. Maybe more than that.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See, that's one of the issues with forcing sign-up. Of course all the accounts are going to flood in at once - half these people wouldn't ever go to the site, otherwise. Maybe more than that.

That is the purpose for doing this face-off in the first place. To drive people to the site to vote, which requires registration, boosts ad revenue, and increases the site traffic metrics.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^This.
    I will be glad when it is over, navigation on that site leaves a little to be desired.
    Options
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is the purpose for doing this face-off in the first place. To drive people to the site to vote, which requires registration, boosts ad revenue, and increases the site traffic metrics.

They can't rightfully have their cake and eat it too. ¬_¬ Either they want all the throw-away accounts, or they don't - but if they do, nobody should complain about people using them to vote. If they're looking to fish out some frequent users for the site, I don't think they'll catch many.

Elder Scrolls Online
    54.1%

Lord of the Rings Online
    45.9%
    Options
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My gal took over the computer how are we doing?
    Options
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Let's put it this way... Don't pop the champagne just yet but get those damn corkscrews handy!

(54.4. to 45.6 for us)
    Edited by Iselin on January 3, 2015 3:49AM
    Options
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »

Let's put it this way... Don't pop the champagne just yet but get those damn corkscrews handy!

(54.4. to 45.6 for us)

WICKED!!!!!
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet there's a hanging chad...

DATED HUMOR! :p
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That's funny.
    Options
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The votes are being tabulated...

20120923-171949-pic-224799225.jpg
    Options
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh please Vanilla WOW had no raids yet, it was three dungeons run over and over again to get Blue sets. One was Strat the other two I forgot, its been too long.

Other than that people just fought at southshore, though that was fun for me it did get old fast.
    Edited by kieso on January 3, 2015 6:52AM
    Options
  • Northern_Wolfling
    Northern_Wolfling
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone access mmorpg.com? It's been down for me since at least an hour... :-((
    Edited by Northern_Wolfling on January 3, 2015 8:50AM
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just looked and if it's done it appears ESO won, and Eve did at least close the gap a little against TSW.
    Options
  • Northern_Wolfling
    Northern_Wolfling
    ✭✭✭
    That's awesome!! *celebrates*

Thanks, for telling me... for me it is still down. I can go to every other webpage. :-/
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numbers I see as of this moment are:

ESO: 54.3%
    LotRO: 45.7%

Eve Online: 41.9%
    TSW: 58.1%
    Options