Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What happened to " we will track your exp earned " ????( Gina Bruno answered this 12/28/2014)

• PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait a sec there is something that i still not understand....how a fresh new vr1 will gain more xp than me???
    Right now if i do a daily pledge i gain the exact same xp that i can gain from a main quest in one of the alliances in maybe half of the time...
    Assuming they will give us xp even for compleating multiple times the trials and the crazy xp (confronted to the others ways to gain xp with a single quest) you can get from a kill enemy players and considering that a ex vr 14 will have a (in theory) 3rd season gear and alot of game experience more than a fresh vr1 we will gain more xp than new comers just because we are strongher.....
    Even zos ammitted that a vr 14 will still be strongher than a vr 1 with the same amount of ch points so.....

And in any case i have a vr 14 toon that dosnt have put a single step into the cadwell silver or gold sooooo no problems for me B)

Very simple:

1) You are only allowed to complete 2 daily pledges a day and many times the vet one goes unfinished because the PUG wasn't up to snuff. I can earn WAY more exp doing simple solo questing. Plus the norm pledge doesn't award that much exp.

If you are in some uber raid guild that can breeze through them (and trials) then consider yourself in the very few lucky because the VAST majority are not in that position.

2) Player kill tasks in PvP have a repeat limit (and not everyone likes to PvP, this should not be a forced decision to advance)

3) Does that also mean lower/upper craglorn? if so all that exp is out the door, just like the rest of us. ;)

4) Zenimax have said no such thing about player strength with CPs (at least officially) Plus when VRs are completely removed you will be no better other than possibly versatility.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on December 29, 2014 4:48PM
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EQBallzz wrote: »
    Sorry but this is utter bunk. The real reason is apparently to just knock down the vet players and make them start over so they stretch out the content over a longer period of time (and more sub costs) which is pretty pathetic.

Unfortunately, it really feels like this was part of the decision.

The consequence, unfortunately, will be the loss of a lot of formerly loyal players who will have lost trust in ZOS over this matter.

All I can say is ZOS better release some damn good content to make up for it. If they don't they can expect people to leave in droves when the next big (over-hyped) MMO is released.
    Edited by Bouvin on December 28, 2014 9:03PM
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »
    So, as someone not following all the ESO Live content and Q&A sessions, I'm a little confused. Anyone who is at least VR 1 gets 30 CPs. Are characters still going to be veteran rank, or will the level cap be increased from 50? Am I shooting myself in the foot trying to push through the VR content? I'm nearly to Cadwell's Gold. What will a character gain in CP if they aren't a VR yet, 1 CP at a time?

Stop doing any non repeatable veteran content at once!

Every single quest you do in Caldwell are xp lost now.

What you should do is level alts up to vr1 instead and keep on doing that until 1.6 goes live else you are removing a limited xp resource from the cps you can get later on.

It's sick and crazy but that is how they designed the cp system.
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PlagueMonk wrote: »

Wait a sec there is something that i still not understand....how a fresh new vr1 will gain more xp than me???
    Right now if i do a daily pledge i gain the exact same xp that i can gain from a main quest in one of the alliances in maybe half of the time...
    Assuming they will give us xp even for compleating multiple times the trials and the crazy xp (confronted to the others ways to gain xp with a single quest) you can get from a kill enemy players and considering that a ex vr 14 will have a (in theory) 3rd season gear and alot of game experience more than a fresh vr1 we will gain more xp than new comers just because we are strongher.....
    Even zos ammitted that a vr 14 will still be strongher than a vr 1 with the same amount of ch points so.....

And in any case i have a vr 14 toon that dosnt have put a single step into the cadwell silver or gold sooooo no problems for me B)

Very simple:

1) You are only allowed to complete 2 daily pledges a day and many times the vet one goes unfinished because the PUG wasn't up to snuff. I can earn WAY more exp doing simple solo questing. Plus the norm pledge doesn't award that much exp.

If you are in some uber raid guild that can breeze through them (and trials) then consider yourself in the very few lucky because the VAST majority are not in that position.

2) Player kill tasks in PvP have a repeat limit (and not everyone likes to PvP, this should not be a forced decision to advance)

3) Does that also mean lower/upper craglorn? if so all that exp is out the door, just like the rest of us. ;)

4) Zenimax have said no such thing about player strength with CPs (at least officially) Plus when VRs are completely removed you will be no better other than possibly versatility.

I've done the full gold and silver with my main only so lucky me...
    Btw i've readed (sorry i dont remember where but here in the forums) that they will compensate the gap between vr 1 and 14 with some skill points and attributes in the last phase so again all to the newcomers.
    And i've also readed or saw in the live...(again bad memory but...) that they will boost the xp gained in some quest (like the pvp quests) and i got hopes that zos dont mess to much all the good time passed with the loyal custumers... maybe they give us a Paul sage pet or a tabard with the dollar sign to wear as a reward.

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on December 29, 2014 4:49PM
    Signature

• nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is everyone assuming that VR14s who've done Cadwell's Gold will have nothing to gain EXP from? ZoS even stated that they envision everyone regardless of level to gain EXP/CP at about the same rate. Remember there's a lot being changed here, including EXP rewards...

Because the game does not contain any solo pve content at the endgame what so ever.

The entire cp system should be set on hold until Wrotgard is ready for release.
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why people keep saying the 30 CP is for ''balance'' purpose and things like that....

The system is supposed to be designed so there's no balance issues... If they have issues with balancing between a 30 CP player and a 250 CP player... THEIR SYSTEM IS NOT WORKING...

Yep. There is no logic to the 30 pts what so ever. If the idea was to lure people back and the extra points from previous xp would unbalance things so much that it prevented this goal, then it makes no sense. Because 2 weeks after release many people WILL be so far ahead anyway.

So the only thing they have achieved with the 30 pts flop is just to screw over loyal customers and they will have gained nothing from it.

It is a bad decision and it will hurt the game, the community, their reputation and their finances in the long run.
    Edited by nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO on December 28, 2014 9:47PM
  • Averya_Teira
    Averya_Teira
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Very simple:

If you haven't done any of the post 50 content though then, this post doesn't apply to you so stop be a freakin' ****** troll about it. (and you also wouldn't get a proposed multiplier :D )

I've done the full gold and silver with my main only so lucky me...
    Btw i've readed (sorry i dont remember where but here in the forums) that they will compensate the gap between vr 1 and 14 with some skill points and attributes in the last phase so again all to the newcomers.
    And i've also readed or saw in the live...(again bad memory but...) that they will boost the xp gained in some quest (like the pvp quests) and i got hopes that zos dont mess to much all the good time passed with the loyal custumers... maybe they give us a Paul sage pet or a tabard with the dollar sign to wear as a reward.

The bolded part is just awful misinformation. We already get an attribute point (and also a skill point I think??) for every VR right now. This is not a compensation for the CP, it's already been on live for quite a while. So no, no one at ZOS said anything like what you wrote...

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on December 29, 2014 6:51PM
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I didn't think that this "2nd wave" of complaints could be worse than the first but I guess you guys nailed it! :neutral_face:
    We understand that this was, indeed, a major change from what we were originally planning. In an effort to be open with everyone about how things were going and what was planned, it caused a great deal of confusion, and we sincerely apologize for that
    This is a great progress imo.
    Edited by Gyudan on December 28, 2014 10:07PM
    Wololo.
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys, just wanted to pop in and put this to rest. What Kai said a few days ago is correct. Just to make sure we're all on the same page, once Update 6 is released and you have at least one Veteran Rank character, all your characters will receive 30 Champion Points - no more, no less. This will only occur at the onset of Update 6; after this is released, you will gain Champion Points one at a time as designed.

A few months ago, it was said that we were tracking XP. However, this was still early in development and through internal testing and feedback, found that we needed to change our plans (and, honestly, this quite normal through the course of development). We understand that this was, indeed, a major change from what we were originally planning. In an effort to be open with everyone about how things were going and what was planned, it caused a great deal of confusion, and we sincerely apologize for that.

As it has been said a number of times, we certainly encourage you to hop on the PTS once this is available in January and try out the system. This is also a great chance to plan how you'd like to build your character once it's live!

Hope you all are enjoying the holidays, and we'll see you in the new year. :)

SOOOOOOO....you have basically taken the position to majorly ******* your loyal customers over (you know the ones who have been paying YOUR salaries since you claimed you would be tracking exp) and think the health and future of the game is with newer players????

Now that you have officially answered we (your loyal customers) need to hear WHY you think that this is somehow fair. Like most others here outraged at this announcement, I have done all of the silver/gold content, I have done ALL of lower/upper Craglorn (well except for 2 of the trials). That is an absolutely HUGE amount of readily available exp (well the silver/gold are soloable) that I will not be able to use to earn CP and no amount of daily/repeatable quests is going to compensate us for that.

What your new direction boils down to is, the fresh VR1's will have 2-3 times the amount of CP couple of months down the line as they do the questing content. How is this even remotely fair exactly????

So if your final decision is 30 CP, period, end of story, you sure as HELL had better figure out how to compensate us VR14s who are feeling pretty screwed over.

Some possibilities are:

- Giving all who have completed the silver/gold content and lower/upper Craglorn an exp multiplier to be directly applied to any and all repeatable/dailies. The exact multiplier will be dependent on where you are in that process but should allow us V14s to gain a similar amount of exp to what the fresh VR1s can earn.

- As above but simply give us a CP multiplier so we will earn CP faster than VR1's.

- Nerf the hell out of the content past 50 (oh wait, this wouldn't be fair to the new VR1s would it?! O.o..........well welcome to the ***** you party)

PLEASE NOTE: None of the above are a permanent solution. Consider this part of the "adjustment period" and would only be an option for 1 update and then removed. That will give those willing to continue playing a window of opportunity to earn the same amount of CP a VR1 would have.

- And while I'm hesitant to mention this one......reset the post 50 content for EVERYONE. While I would not be thrilled about this prospect, at least I would have the option of re-completing it for the CP if i felt I could stomach it. (this however does NOT mean reset my achievements for doing that content)

Any one of those solutions would work but you have GOT to compensate your loyal VR14 players is a meaningful way so we will have the SAME amount of CP a few months down the line as the new VR1s.

If you think XP from a pledge is equal to all the main story XP in silver/gold you are nuts. Those pledges can also be done once per day and require a group. Silver/gold is solo content (and a ton of it). New players will also have access to these pledges so they have access to more XP earning options than someone who has lots of max veteran characters. What is so hard to understand about this?

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on December 29, 2014 4:54PM
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I am, yet again, very upset by this...
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sindala wrote: »
    So, as someone not following all the ESO Live content and Q&A sessions, I'm a little confused. Anyone who is at least VR 1 gets 30 CPs. Are characters still going to be veteran rank, or will the level cap be increased from 50? Am I shooting myself in the foot trying to push through the VR content? I'm nearly to Cadwell's Gold. What will a character gain in CP if they aren't a VR yet, 1 CP at a time?

It would be easier to just say.. "here's the KY jelly, lube up good cos this is gonna hurt". ;)

Well, no. I don't think of it that way. But my questions are serious ones. If I'm wasting my time in VR zones, I'd rather play when this is all sorted out. I'm just a casual player, I do maybe 3 to 5 hours a week.

Sorry but what?????
    you pretend to be a casual... so all this CP stuff dont hurt you.
    Let me ask a question , WHY you play games?
    Because if is a waste of time plz change hobby.....

Pretty sure you're misunderstanding me, or we have a minor language barrier. What I'm asking is, am I wasting my time doing quests right now? Should I take a break? It sounds like as a casual player, and as someone who isn't capped, I gain the most here.
  • Valden83
    Valden83
    I don't post on the forums very often, but I just want to say that my wife and I have both leveled toons to VR 10 so far, but purely from just playing the majority of quests in the game, very little grinding. While it doesn't bother myself or my wife as much as some in this thread, it is concerning to me considering the amount of positive press and coverage ESO has been getting lately. We just made it to the final of the MMORPG.com mmo faceoff and it seems more and more people are coming back to the game. I hate for this to cause a spiral effect of bad press that tarnishes the progress made so far. With that said, I am optimistic that if there is enough of an issue, ZOS will eventually realize and make necessary changes. I am more concerned about the effect this will have on the ESO community as a whole.

I want this game to succeed and be around for a long time, and this is one of those things that can make or break a game (for the masses at least).

My request to those of you who dislike this change and may be feeling like quitting, please get on the test server and voice your opinion. Don't just complain on the forums but actually give real feedback. I am probably going to download it myself here just so I can check it out and comment on it.
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valden83 wrote: »
    I don't post on the forums very often, but I just want to say that my wife and I have both leveled toons to VR 10 so far, but purely from just playing the majority of quests in the game, very little grinding. While it doesn't bother myself or my wife as much as some in this thread, it is concerning to me considering the amount of positive press and coverage ESO has been getting lately. We just made it to the final of the MMORPG.com mmo faceoff and it seems more and more people are coming back to the game. I hate for this to cause a spiral effect of bad press that tarnishes the progress made so far. With that said, I am optimistic that if there is enough of an issue, ZOS will eventually realize and make necessary changes. I am more concerned about the effect this will have on the ESO community as a whole.

I want this game to succeed and be around for a long time, and this is one of those things that can make or break a game (for the masses at least).

My request to those of you who dislike this change and may be feeling like quitting, please get on the test server and voice your opinion. Don't just complain on the forums but actually give real feedback. I am probably going to download it myself here just so I can check it out and comment on it.

It's not on the test server yet. This is also not simply a game mechanic that needs testing and feedback. How do you test the lack of compensation for content already consumed and the promise from ZOS that it would be compensated for? I don't think that will be part of the test server.
  • Elvinfire
    Elvinfire
    ✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    Sindala wrote: »
    Again..it was pointed to many times in almost every post on the subject, from the last ESO live Maria mentioned it...but as normal it's been conveniently overlooked so people can moan and doomsay.

Not moaning or doomsaying, but you seem to be the only person who has picked up on this. Can you be awesome and give us a source on this, or at least tell us exactly when in the eso live it was said?

I read it too, a couple of times. I will have to pour over past threads I guess. We can't ALL be liars. hmmm....
  • Valden83
    Valden83

It's not on the test server yet. This is also not simply a game mechanic that needs testing and feedback. How do you test the lack of compensation for content already consumed and the promise from ZOS that it would be compensated for? I don't think that will be part of the test server.

Champ system isn't on the PTS, YET. The PTS showing is more for more of an official report to the actual people working on the game. I feel like logging into the PTS and explaining the issue via an actual well thought out ticket may get more traction than just posting on these cluster threads. I just hope that enough people speak up on this.
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Champ system isn't on the PTS, YET. The PTS showing is more for more of an official report to the actual people working on the game. I feel like logging into the PTS and explaining the issue via an actual well thought out ticket may get more traction than just posting on these cluster threads. I just hope that enough people speak up on this.

Well there is a /feedback option in game that you can use (I have already used that, myself) but it couldn't hurt to give more feedback on the PTS as well I guess.
  • WhiskyBob
    WhiskyBob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you feel it?
    I smell another complete change of support staff.

Whoever gave those people lessons in Public Relations didn't do a great job.

How can you leave people with crushing news (30-gate) and then just say
    "well, that being said we are going off for a ten day vacation, c'ya suckers!"

Forums go past boiling point, thread after thread full of hate, namecalling, arguing and all that. Suddenly, after days of pure anarchy on forums Gina (and I quote)
    "POPS IN"

We'll I [snip] hope you we didn't ruin your snowboard practice.

I don't know who taught those people community management.

Currently what I see on forum is a mild (leaning towards high) crisis situation, anyone who managed any kind of on-line community (or even off-line) knows there is no such thing as "holidays".

Community is like a little baby, when it cries you dont just put it in the drawer and "pop in" every now and then to check if it's still breathing.

This whole situation only proves that ZoS doesnt give a flying fudge about their player base.
    "Who cares, if things go bad we'll go free to play, throw a few hats for 20 bucks and there will always be enough suckers to buy them to keep this project running"

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on December 29, 2014 7:18PM
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who works PR, there is no winning this, at all. The holidays are definitely in full effect, and Gina is still a CS person, not a dev. If anything, the PR people are the ones taking the blunt of the attacks, when it has absolutely nothing to do with them.
  • WhiskyBob
    WhiskyBob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who works PR, there is no winning this, at all. The holidays are definitely in full effect, and Gina is still a CS person, not a dev. If anything, the PR people are the ones taking the blunt of the attacks, when it has absolutely nothing to do with them.

And CS never sleeps. This whole situation is handled very poorly. I'm not blaming Gina for poor development decisions but how they are managing the blow on forums is just below any standards.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forums are just a small slice of the CS. Diving into a mine field takes a lot of guts. And that's what she did.

It doesn't take away from everyone's concerns. Or even mine. I have legitimate questions. But at this point, I'm just going to wait and see what's in store on the PTS.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys, just wanted to pop in and put this to rest. What Kai said a few days ago is correct. Just to make sure we're all on the same page, once Update 6 is released and you have at least one Veteran Rank character, all your characters will receive 30 Champion Points - no more, no less. This will only occur at the onset of Update 6; after this is released, you will gain Champion Points one at a time as designed.

A few months ago, it was said that we were tracking XP. However, this was still early in development and through internal testing and feedback, found that we needed to change our plans (and, honestly, this quite normal through the course of development). We understand that this was, indeed, a major change from what we were originally planning. In an effort to be open with everyone about how things were going and what was planned, it caused a great deal of confusion, and we sincerely apologize for that.

As it has been said a number of times, we certainly encourage you to hop on the PTS once this is available in January and try out the system. This is also a great chance to plan how you'd like to build your character once it's live!

I am sorry Gina, but there is nothing about this that is fair or acceptable. With this decision ZoS is basically screwing with the players that give more of their time to the game! So you punish dedicated players instead of rewarding them? Not a great policy.

A few months back you promised we'd get points for the experience we gathered through leveling from Vr1 to vr14 and now ZoS decided to change their minds which makes the first statement a lie. What happens with people that already reach vr14?? People that already completed Caldwell Silver and / or Gold?? We get ***, clearly.

How hard is it to give more points to people that have completed those paths already? Give 10 more to those that completed Silver, 20 to those that completed Gold. Or people who reach a certain number of quests, I don't know. I know ZoS current position is unfair and a huge *** You to the community.

Yes, I am pissed off.

*Really doesn't help you are releasing a patch with no new playable content! So... I at least have nothing to play having completed all the damn quests in the game... I will be as powerful as vr1, but with almost no chance to get champion points while vr1s will be getting those really fast through questing.

Really.
    Good.
    Job.
    ZoS.
    Edited by Grao on December 29, 2014 1:35AM
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We were told xp was being tracked so that all the questing and xp earned after vr14 wasn't going to be a waste.

This was apparently an outright lie.
    Edited by Domander on December 29, 2014 2:24AM
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »
    We were told xp was being tracked so that all the questing and xp earned after vr14 wasn't going to be a waste.

This was apparently an outright lie.

yup, but it is so much worse then that! It is not just the exp you got AFTER vr14 that you are losing. You are losing ALL the exp from vr1 to vr14 too! Isn't that great??? All that grinding, months completing Cadwell Gold... That is all useless now! And you know what is more? You can't that exp back cause you can't run Cadwell Gold again, unless you decide to roll an clean character!!
  • Robocles
    Robocles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Console beta. Period.
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forums are just a small slice of the CS. Diving into a mine field takes a lot of guts. And that's what she did.

Guts indeed! If I was in her shoes, no effing way would I jump into this pool of piranhas...
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm relaxed. I think I can manage to forget the vet system ever existed.

I selfishly feel better knowing that I don't have pointless grind to v14 to look forward to . I'm just the average lvl50.

I'd be pissed if I was v12/ v14 and had been within days of being able to be.

That's a lot of time accumulating nothing.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Gina mentioned that you get a special reward guys, its those 30 CPs that you only get once 1.6 hits. So you will have something in return for all your work.

A new player or someone who gets to VR a day later wont get the reward, so in the end ZO rewarded you for your spent time.
  • Neryaz
    Neryaz
    ✭✭
    tbh i remember they said it ina eso live back in september about this. i dearly hope that we will get exp those above vr14 that has been it for ages doing quests.trials etc otherwise this is Bull****.
    DK VR 16 Phixus Azura/Trueflame

Templar VR 16 Trygor Azura/Trueflame.
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »

Gina mentioned that you get a special reward guys, its those 30 CPs that you only get once 1.6 hits. So you will have something in return for all your work.

A new player or someone who gets to VR a day later wont get the reward, so in the end ZO rewarded you for your spent time.

Yeah, and it's the reward ppl are pissed about. Their "reward" doesn't amount to much now does it.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, and it's the reward ppl are pissed about. Their "reward" doesn't amount to much now does it.

Really? In a diminishing reward system the first point in each location is actually very valuable indeed. Due the forced rotation of spending our 30 points actually comes to 10 points per major constellation. What does this magic figure mean? Well according to the current information the first passive is unlocked at 10. So what they are actually giving us, if we want to spend them that way, is a 10 point spend with 1 unlocked passive in each of the major symbols. Personally that doesn't sound too bad, it allows for character distinction without options becoming lost in an initial deluge.

Secondly, since the system hasn't been seen, in its entirity, by anyone who isn't at ZOS speculation about what those 30 points will translate to in real terms is just that, speculation.

Thirdly, if you are worried about lost xp gained above VR1 then yes, it is unfortunate, unpleasant (and probably other words beginning with "un") to be faced with having acted on information that has now proven to have been in error. The decision, when made, should also have been related to the playerbase sooner. In the month between the initial announcement (October) and the change being made (November) you would still have players complating (bitterly) about their lost game time but it may be that there would be fewer of them and so the impact would be lessened.

That said, considering that ZOS have all the information that we don't about who earned what in the interim it is unlikely that any member of the playerbase actually has any idea of what impact a direct XP->CP would have. And if not a direct conversion then, well, let's just say that I have seen a fair amount of dissent even between people who want compensation as to how they would want to see it handled. Who are they supposed to please? Everyone all the time? I'd like to see anyone manage that. And if people aren't asking for a direct conversion then I begin to find it difficult to believe that this is more about reward than it is about having an advantage over "the other guy".

With regards to unrepeatable content I have seen about as many people saying that they never want to do Silver and Gold again as I have seen asking for it to be unlocked. So again, I am not sure how that could be handled in a way that would please everyone. Of course ZOS is already talking about new areas for PVE and PVP (Wrothgar, Murkmire, Imperial City etc.) and so, given the past speed of their development cycle, as soon as the CS is in (and possibly the console launch) we will start to see some of these things come to fruition thus supplying new CP leveling content for everyone.

For me? I have VR1+ characters so I may well be losing out. I am not going to let that bother me as I don't have all of the facts and so getting myself riled on the basis of conclusions that can't be substantiated is only going to hurt me far more than it will ever hurt ZOS. I will continue to look forward to the CS and the rest of the game to come. YMMV.

TL;DR
    - 30CP seems to be a solid choice given the structure of the CS system.
    - Yes ZOS Should have informed the playerbase when it become clear things had changed.
    - Only ZOS has the figures for what was earned and so only ZOS would be aware of the impact of a direct transition.
    - New levelling content has already been talked about.
    - You can't please all the people all of the time.
    - Even if I am losing out, I am looking forward to the CS.
    - Nobody has to agree with any of the above.