The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• keonimeyer
    So, when we start the game we get "you have already done the dungeons, want to skip?" and come out level 3.

Will we ever get an option "You have a v16 character, would you like to skip the story mode (again)."

I for one am a PVPer and just competed my 2nd now v16 character, I'd like more but it is such a ball ache to level them especially when grinds get nerfed left right and center. Even if you make it to skip to v1 OR to not have to do cadwell silver/gold each time would be a bonus and to start with all zones unlocked that'd be awesome!

Heck, I'd even pay 5,000 crown to level a character from 1 to v16 (available if you already have a v16 character).

Whilst I appreciate you want people to play the PVE content, after the first time it becomes repetitive...

Ooh I too would like this idea, I have six vets all together (4 on pc, 2 on console) and it does get repetitive.
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Questions for the new Ask us anything

1) Imperial city and Craghorn. Are there any plans to make these more solo and small group friendly especially the story line. New people starting these areas will find it harder and harder to find a group that wants to play through the story and listen to the dialog. Also grouping is not made simple when in dialog as they are all separate instances so I don't know when someone has finished or is still talking. Have you any plans to make group dialog better?

2) Nearly every class got nerfed in the last major update. Are new and lower level characters taken into account when these nerfs happen, most of the issues in PvP happen because there is an uber 1% with best gear and loads champion points able to cast a 15K shield, or mitigate 90% of damage or deal out critical for 30k. Are there plans to stop one lv 16 fighting 10 lv 16s and winning stopping new and casual players feeling like cannon fodder or is this working as designed. When will we see the champion point limit and will this really do enough?

3) Are there any plans to rebalance the racials for still under performing races. If so when and which races.

4) Sorc pets in PvP currently suck even after all the changes. The AI is possibly the stupidest thing ever and the damage and hp and mitigation of the pets is pitiful. Will they be changed or are pets a low level PvE idea and novel item to have running after you.

5) Sorc pets - will we ever see costumes for them for example rather than have a clanfear summon a Wraith or a Zombie same abilities slightly different animation and different look.
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi ZoS, I was wondering if the CC from reverberating bash is bugged. Many players that live stream have been saying the CC is bugged and is better than it should be. From my understanding you have to wait till the slide is done to break the CC and I don't know if that is true. Would you be able to verify if it is working as intended and if these live streamers are correct? If it is bugged will it be fixed? Thanks, keep up the great work!
  • sexykiss_nikoseb17_ESO
    sexykiss_nikoseb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Are you planning to add the atronach salts ingredients?

Will there be in the future housing and gardening?
    Edited by sexykiss_nikoseb17_ESO on September 14, 2015 10:06PM
    where are my frost salts?
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    keonimeyer wrote: »
    So, when we start the game we get "you have already done the dungeons, want to skip?" and come out level 3.

Will we ever get an option "You have a v16 character, would you like to skip the story mode (again)."

I for one am a PVPer and just competed my 2nd now v16 character, I'd like more but it is such a ball ache to level them especially when grinds get nerfed left right and center. Even if you make it to skip to v1 OR to not have to do cadwell silver/gold each time would be a bonus and to start with all zones unlocked that'd be awesome!

Heck, I'd even pay 5,000 crown to level a character from 1 to v16 (available if you already have a v16 character).

Whilst I appreciate you want people to play the PVE content, after the first time it becomes repetitive...

Ooh I too would like this idea, I have six vets all together (4 on pc, 2 on console) and it does get repetitive.

A tutorial is a tutorial, but skipping the entire game you may as well ask them to just throw us in Cyrodiil with everything maxed out so all we can do is PvP from start to finish. Progression is what makes a game worth playing. Don't want to play through the game again? Don't make an alt. That simple...

In short this would never happen.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • bareheiny
    bareheiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A tutorial is a tutorial, but skipping the entire game you may as well ask them to just throw us in Cyrodiil with everything maxed out so all we can do is PvP from start to finish. Progression is what makes a game worth playing. Don't want to play through the game again? Don't make an alt. That simple...

In short this would should never happen.
    Fixed ;)

Hopefully it doesn't happen....but I've seen worse decisions made.
  • Verrask
    Verrask
    ✭✭
    Give me one good Argonian Build that works in 2.1 at least 80% as well as any other optimized build out there with the other races.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bareheiny wrote: »

Fixed ;)

If you honestly think this is a possibility then I pity you. No gaming company in their right mind would give players the option to skip through all of its content just because they completed it once. If you still believe otherwise then name one game that has, and by game I mean an MMORPG.
  • Greath
    Greath
    Do you get XP/AP for holding/returning a Scroll to a keep? If so how much?
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the champion point passive "Treasure Hunter" work with all chests in game? Including the Undaunted chests and the chests you can steal from?
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we ever have an option to hide any other pieces of armor besides the helmet?
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the release of the Imperial City. you used the Imperial Dragon Banner as map pins on the map of Cyrodiil to indicate the entrances to the Imperial City Sewers. I have been wondering for a while why we don't see the banner anywhere else in the game. It seems the Empire only uses the shape of the red diamond as their symbol. Is there a specific reason for this?
    The Dragon Banner is probably the most iconic symbol of The Elder Scrolls, and I'd like to see it much more often in the game if possible.

pgtte_v3_empire_dragon.jpg
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • keonimeyer

Fixed ;)

If you honestly think this is a possibility then I pity you. No gaming company in their right mind would give players the option to skip through all of its content just because they completed it once. If you still believe otherwise then name one game that has, and by game I mean an MMORPG.

World of warcraft, i simply said it does get repetitive and you can't deny that. Also, telling someone not to make alts so they can experience the game with that class/race is contradictory to your statement. you liking this idea or not is irrelevent, it was his idea, I agreed with it, you don't like it? move on and deal with it. simple as that...
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will you PLEASE address players calling this Update Seven and the patch notes calling this Patch 2.1.x?

And, did you realize you are setting a bad precedent sorting your patch notes like you do now?

I see in your future having to divide the patch notes up into:

Please pick which DLCs you are playing:

Base game patch notes
    Imperial City DLC patch notes
    Orcsinium DLC patch notes
    Mrykmire DLC patch notes
    Clockwork City DLC patch notes
    Edited by Darlgon on September 15, 2015 5:31PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greath wrote: »
    Do you get XP/AP for holding/returning a Scroll to a keep? If so how much?

However much the quest to return it grants you. You REALLY need to have a group member go get that quest, drop the quest you have for a scroll capture, (if your group does not already have it) and share it from base.

Then you get a good amount of XP/AP and gold.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can see it now..

Imperial City is only VR16 Nightblades taking each other out, except, wait for it.. THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME FLAVOR OF THE MONTH BUILDS, so they cant. So, every battle is a draw and run away thinking.. "Why cant I kil that guy, I did exactly what JoeSchmo gaming,com said to do."

Having played games that battle leveled you to the top on a low level.. Players who have not spent the 50 plus levels learning their class are clueless on how to play their class and all they do is cry, "Swing the nerf bat at X class, because they always kill me." Oh, wait, it sounds like now.
    Edited by Darlgon on September 15, 2015 5:41PM
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently 11.6% of PS4 players have reached level 50.
    That is after two months of playing.

@Ace_of_Destiny
    As a PC player, I HAVE to ask.. how did you get that number? Does Sony put that somewhere where PS4 players can see?
    Edited by Darlgon on September 15, 2015 5:47PM
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did a little searching, but couldn't find the summaries to the eso live events; meaning the answers to player questions and general new news the devs divulge. Please lead me in the right direction, so i can read this info. Ty so much.

@Eolas_Solais Sorry dude.. dont exist. They post a summary of what the general topics are in the News section of the main website ( http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news ) and link it the day before.: And they recently started to USUALLY post the Ask Anything questions, which then show up in the Dev Tracker.

Speaking of which.. @ZOS_JasonLeavey .. I know you are still stinging from your bowling defeats, but.. did I miss the post of the summary from this week? Or did you forget to dev flag it? I cant seem to find them to link.
    Muizer wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »
    They've already confirmed that they are looking into race changes. Not sure what the most recent info about class change is though.

Hard for me to say you're wrong, because that would imply I've heard or read any word uttered by a dev on this issue, but I've watched all episodes of ESO-live and I don't recall them ever having confirmed this. All they have actually confirmed in response to this issue is they're working on rebalancing racial passives.

They talked about a barbershop still being on the board.. Some time in the future, not Soon (TM) so, maybe in a couple years?) That could easily include race changes, if people are still asking for them..(Personally, I see them whacking Racial passives to simplify and standardize gameplay before that happens, but that is just me.)
    Whatever they pay Gina, it's not enough.

@ZOS_GinaBruno IS awesome.. but.. without knowing if she isn't the highest paid person in the company because she works hourly and the others are salaried.. I would just stay out of suggesting raises.

Oh, and Rich knows her value. He said so.
    Edited by Darlgon on September 15, 2015 6:13PM
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Darlgon The insults still hurt!

We'll be posting the AUA from Friday's episode this week! We're sorry for not having it up just yet, it's been a little crazy pants. :)
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Darlgon The insults still hurt!

We'll be posting the AUA from Friday's episode this week! We're sorry for not having it up just yet, it's been a little crazy pants. :)

No worries, console IC launch and all.. Plenty of reasons.. Thanks.
  • hibbles
    hibbles
    ask you anything? ok.. WHY? why did I just drop 25 dollars to buy the new DLC...nothing has changed in the pvp format. it is still unbalanced and not worth playing. I am confident this will be my last DLC for this game and since I have xbox live solely for this game i will no longer be purchasing it.

the breakdown is in how you allow the campaigns to be dominated by a sole alliance. this of course by design, azura star is owned by the dominion, thornblade by ebonhart , skull of corruption by daggarfall. your new campaign, scourge will be owned entirely by ebonhart within an hour of this postings. that's fine i get it, more people get to own the maps. but to wait in a queue for hours just to get in to azura star just to access the new DLC is beyond contempt. to access it through the other campaigns you must sneak across the entire map a dozens times as you are killed constantly at the respawn. or you have to navigate through the many 1 on 1 duels that now take place in the game. you have taken the fun out of this game and made it dreadful to play, i know this because many of my friends have left this game for that reason. its not fun..its dread! and now as i write this from with in the emperial city my character was just transported back to elsweyr. so now i have to sneak back again.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »

Ace_of_Destiny
    As a PC player, I HAVE to ask.. how did you get that number? Does Sony put that somewhere where PS4 players can see?

@Darlgon Mostly PC player here too... BUT I do have access to a PS4.. and the game for PS4...

So, Playstation accounts have these "trophies" you earn in games. They are the same as the achievements we have in game. They are tied to your playstation account, if you allow - people can see them etc. As well, when you go look at the available trophies for a game, it will tell you the % of players that have earned that trophy. So yeah, it's super available.

Keep into account though, I've heard of people creating 10 user accounts on the same PS4 just to open themselves a guild bank, and the PSN trophy system would take those into account. ALSO on console you can rent the game and make an account, so anyone that rented it and didn't buy it in the end is now also part of that statistic.

[EDIT] In case you didn't know, console is different from PC.. you don't need to pay per account, just for the disc. So I bought the game (transfer actually) so I can play, as well, anyone who comes and signs into their account on the PS4 that has the game.. they can make an account under their own playstation account and play it. (of course, they can't play it when they go home) Just so you don't think people are crazy paying for 10 accounts in my example above ;)
    Edited by MissBizz on September 15, 2015 7:34PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Greath
    Greath
    I have 18k magic and I complete run out of it before I can a kill. It extremely frustrating!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are two tiers of delves which haven't yet undergone expansion as part of the "Larger Delves" initiative which began in Update 3. Are expansions still on the cards for the 6 small delves in Stormhaven, Rivenspire, Deshaan, Shadowfen, Grahtwood and Greenshade?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • JBsnow404
    JBsnow404
    So any chance the endurance set will become just as viable as the willpower and the agility set? It would be very simple just change stamina regen to either physical or spell resistance, that way you have a set viable for magicka dps, stamina dps and tanking.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will you PLEASE address players calling this Update Seven and the patch notes calling this Patch 2.1.x?

And, did you realize you are setting a bad precedent sorting your patch notes like you do now?

I see in your future having to divide the patch notes up into:

Please pick which DLCs you are playing:

Base game patch notes
    Imperial City DLC patch notes
    Orcsinium DLC patch notes
    Mrykmire DLC patch notes
    Clockwork City DLC patch notes

@Darlgon I am personally trying to promote the following usage:
    • Update 7 for the base-game patch's new updates and features (like VR16, Vet CoA Pledge, and Cyrodiil gameplay changes), as this applies to all platforms equally and matches the naming conventions and features of Updates 1-6.
    • Imperial City DLC for the new features in IC (like TV Stones and the new quests and dungeons).
    • Patch 2.1.x for PC/Mac-specific bug fixes and tweaks.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Fixed ;)

World of warcraft, i simply said it does get repetitive and you can't deny that. Also, telling someone not to make alts so they can experience the game with that class/race is contradictory to your statement. you liking this idea or not is irrelevent, it was his idea, I agreed with it, you don't like it? move on and deal with it. simple as that...

Well then that is just one more reason I am glad I never picked up WoW and also explains why they hold those tournaments. Should've known they were compensating for something. As for the rest of what you said if they are going to make an alt just to give it up due to not wanting to bother with the main story then what's the point of making it in the first place? Also whether I like the idea or not is what is irrelevant because the idea in general is stupid in a gameplay vantage point. I could easily go into all the reasons but I will not bother as it is quite the list.
  • bareheiny
    bareheiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Ace_of_Destiny

@Darlgon Mostly PC player here too... BUT I do have access to a PS4.. and the game for PS4...

So, Playstation accounts have these "trophies" you earn in games. They are the same as the achievements we have in game. They are tied to your playstation account, if you allow - people can see them etc. As well, when you go look at the available trophies for a game, it will tell you the % of players that have earned that trophy. So yeah, it's super available.

Keep into account though, I've heard of people creating 10 user accounts on the same PS4 just to open themselves a guild bank, and the PSN trophy system would take those into account. ALSO on console you can rent the game and make an account, so anyone that rented it and didn't buy it in the end is now also part of that statistic.

[EDIT] In case you didn't know, console is different from PC.. you don't need to pay per account, just for the disc. So I bought the game (transfer actually) so I can play, as well, anyone who comes and signs into their account on the PS4 that has the game.. they can make an account under their own playstation account and play it. (of course, they can't play it when they go home) Just so you don't think people are crazy paying for 10 accounts in my example above ;)
    We do need to pay for PS+ or whatever the xbone version is though.

Oddly, PS+ is supposed to be account specific...but as I found out last night, it's entirely possible to play ESO on an account that does not have PS+....as long as one account linked to the PS does have.

Creating another eight accounts (as alluded to above, I have two - EU and NA) seems like a lot of work for a guild bank though...
    Edited by bareheiny on September 16, 2015 12:51AM
  • Bronx_B0rn
    Bronx_B0rn
    Soul Shriven
    PROBLEMS:
    Is anyone having problems on xbox with picking up items that already are in your inventory but your list is FULL? You were always able to pick up items that where in your inventory even if your inventory was full. Also I have found that using a destructive lightning staff that it doesn't show the stream of lightning. I have restarted the game countless times and still and having the same problems.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bronx_B0rn wrote: »
    PROBLEMS:
    Is anyone having problems on xbox with picking up items that already are in your inventory but your list is FULL? You were always able to pick up items that where in your inventory even if your inventory was full. Also I have found that using a destructive lightning staff that it doesn't show the stream of lightning. I have restarted the game countless times and still and having the same problems.

There have been reports of items no longer stacking in your inventory. Check to see if that is why you cannot pick the item up.
This discussion has been closed.