The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• jwboudreau1b16_ESO
    jwboudreau1b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any plans to nerf Steel Tornado (affectionately referred to as 'spin-to-win') or Wrecking Blow? Both are being spammed constantly and are seemingly all Dual-Wield and Two-Handed users use in PVP, which makes them unstoppable.

As a penalty for constantly spamming a move, what if the same penalty that currently exists for dodge rolling were implemented? That way, users who have invested in ludicrous amount of Stamina and Stamina regeneration would still be able to pull off a few in succession, but would likely have to do so at a considerable cost to total health. This would build upon the already strategic combat.

I understand that developers do not want to restrict users, but something should be implemented to deter spamming.
    Edited by jwboudreau1b16_ESO on January 11, 2016 2:48AM
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryuho wrote: »
    Will effects of winterborn/valkyn scorgia/nerieth and other sets proc on shielded targets?

Skoria won't as shields can't be DOTted, but the other two should. The other two just work off damage, which works as you're still damaging shields.
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any plans to nerf Flying Blade (affectionately referred to as 'spin-to-win') or Wrecking Blow? Both are being spammed constantly and are seemingly all Dual-Wield and Two-Handed users use in PVP, which makes them unstoppable.

As a penalty for constantly spamming a move, what if the same penalty that currently exists for dodge rolling were implemented? That way, users with ludicrous amount of Stamina and Stamina regeneration would still be able to pull off a few in succession, but would likely have to do so at a considerable cost to total health. This would build upon the already strategic combat.

I understand that developers do not want to restrict users, but something should be implemented to deter spamming.

Firstly, "spin-to-win" is referring to Steel Tornado, not Flying Blade. The latter had a hard counter in the S&B reflect skill, so it's easily blockable by anyone. Neither Wrecking Blow or Flying Blade are planned to be nerfed as they can be countered pretty easily when you get used to it, however Steel Tornado has been mentioned to be nerfed (I didn't see the announcement myself, but people were mentioning it before).

As for spammables increasing in cost, people would only complain that spammables such as Lava Whip, Crystal Shards etc get the same treatment, and we end up going down the path of nerfing everything into uselessness. It's much better to buff then nerf, and with Wrecking blow the lack of other options is a problem.
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
  • jwboudreau1b16_ESO
    jwboudreau1b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    MrDerrikk wrote: »
    Firstly, "spin-to-win" is referring to Steel Tornado, not Flying Blade. The latter had a hard counter in the S&B reflect skill, so it's easily blockable by anyone. Neither Wrecking Blow or Flying Blade are planned to be nerfed as they can be countered pretty easily when you get used to it, however Steel Tornado has been mentioned to be nerfed (I didn't see the announcement myself, but people were mentioning it before).

As for spammables increasing in cost, people would only complain that spammables such as Lava Whip, Crystal Shards etc get the same treatment, and we end up going down the path of nerfing everything into uselessness. It's much better to buff then nerf, and with Wrecking blow the lack of other options is a problem.

Fixed! Lol thanks.

I'm unfamiliar with the skill that you mentioned. If you try to block it or dodge roll, you just run out of stamina and if you attack, you get chain stunned. This is coming from a melee perspective. I'm not sure if a character with any range would have better luck. The problem with countering Steel Tornado is that users often use it during mass congregations of players, so while a player is fighting someone else, they and their team are getting destroyed by some random player running around using Steel Tornado.

I've heard that a lot from the developers - it's always better to buff than nerf. The problem is that if an ability is too strong, there is no amount of buffing that can offset its effectiveness. They ran into that problem with the crit surge death mage build from a while back. Of course, this crit-heal build was ludicrously powerful, but players who use these abilities in constant succession just deter other players from wanting to get involved in PVP and it really is a shame.

Edited by jwboudreau1b16_ESO on January 11, 2016 3:11AM
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand that you guys wanted to do something different with the "Tamriel Unlimited" Re-Boot, but the original introducing cinematic was a part of the main quest story line.
    It served as part of the narrative with the prophet narration, seeing the ritual that put you in Coldharbour, seeing the secondary villain Mannimarco, and having an in-game engine cinematic was awesome.

Why not have it that when you log into the game for the first time it has the twenty minute long cinematic.

Then when you make a new character it plays the original intro and will only play it again if you DON'T choose to skip the Coldharbour intro tutorial.

When you choose the "play Cinematic" option on the left you will have two options.
    -The 20 min movie
    -The in-game engine Introduction
  • DEPRE5SED
    DEPRE5SED
    ✭✭
    Nothing in here is actually answered by Zos? Why post questions here? And why are people answering them and giving false hope?
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DEPRE5SED wrote: »
    Nothing in here is actually answered by Zos? Why post questions here? And why are people answering them and giving false hope?

Because they are answered by ZOS in the "Ask Us Anything' segment of ESO Live. They just haven't had one recently because they're on holidays.

Oh look, Anook.
  • Danny231
    Danny231
    ✭✭✭

They will in the next, ESO alive. So don't worry, they will try and answer what they can :)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do a rundown of the "things we already know" during the segment again, as you have done before (that's the list including housing, scrolling combat text, nameplates, barbershop, race change, class change, faction change), please also include:
    • Buff/Debuff trackers/timers (a la Srendarr)
    • Spell crafting
    • Jewellery crafting
    • Horse racing
    These have all been discussed before, but a reminder of their current status for those people who are unaware (or can't remember) would be very useful! Thanks :)

Will ledgermain be the passives for the Thieves Guild skill line?
    It makes sense that we have the passives already and just the skills would be added.
    I certainly hope not. I don't want those passives suddenly locked behind membership of the Thieves Guild. There should be a whole new skill line with 1 Ulti, 4 Actives and 5 Passives that you progress through Guild reputation, just like the other Guilds. (Ideally, you should be able to join the Guild and progress the Skill Line for free, and the DLC purchase should be to unlock the quest line.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Ryuho
    Ryuho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will effects of winterborn/valkyn scorgia/nerieth and other sets proc on shielded targets?

Skoria won't as shields can't be DOTted, but the other two should. The other two just work off damage, which works as you're still damaging shields.

Yeah, but atm even lich crystal set and winterborn doesnt proc on shields.. Tested it.. Shame, I wonna be a FrostMage Rub!
    The Farron family team (EU)
    sorcerer - Rubeus Farron AR31
    templar - Selene Farron AR27
    nightblade - Ryuho Farron AR25
    stamplar - Nura Farron AR10
    stamsorcerer - Kitty Farron AR14 (adopted member)
    DK - Ryu Farron AR17

RETIRED

CU - next mmo
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but atm even lich crystal set and winterborn doesnt proc on shields.. Tested it.. Shame, I wonna be a FrostMage Rub!

Really? Wow, I didn't realise this...I distinctly remember a Mag NB using Nerien'eth against my Shielded Sorc at IC release, so maybe they broke it?

Oh look, Anook.
  • Ryuho
    Ryuho
    ✭✭✭✭

Really? Wow, I didn't realise this...I distinctly remember a Mag NB using Nerien'eth against my Shielded Sorc at IC release, so maybe they broke it?

Prolly he took your shield down for 1s = dmged ur hp even for 10 dmg and thats why it proced. You need to dmg opponent HP to makte those sets work. Shields are absorbing dmg, thats why they cant proc on them.. Ah, I just hope it will be fixed, cause u still are dmging ur opponents even if they are shielded, and its stupid totally.. whats the worst using those sets u are sacrfaicing some boost to dmg to have cool set equiped with cool effect which is not working.. bleh

And yeah maybe they broke it. Because destro frost reach atm is not rooting shielded ppls, and b4 IC patch it did! Only flame destro reach was bugged, and i think still this bug persist - u cant knock back shielded targets with destro flame reach..
    Edited by Ryuho on January 11, 2016 2:50PM
    The Farron family team (EU)
    sorcerer - Rubeus Farron AR31
    templar - Selene Farron AR27
    nightblade - Ryuho Farron AR25
    stamplar - Nura Farron AR10
    stamsorcerer - Kitty Farron AR14 (adopted member)
    DK - Ryu Farron AR17

RETIRED

CU - next mmo
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you enjoy my 2015 feedback & suggestions?

WHERE IS THE AMULET OF KINGS?! I'm asking for a friend.

What is the biggest/most annoying criticism/complaint that developers feel is unjust?

We talk a lot of Tamriel and the realms of oblivion, but what lies beyond the waters of the continent? Looking for lands further than our current map, further than summers isles, Morrowind, etc.

If a khajiit owns a Senche tiger, isn't that a form of slavery of thier kin? Or is it more of a bond of respect that they work together?

Are Stranglers & Dryads except from the green pact if they are aggressive to a Bosmer?

Spider Daedra mount polymorph or little pet when? With Mephala's realm I hope
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are answered on the ESO Live official twitch stream, next one is happening on the 15th of this month :)
    twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios
    And they will try to answer questions each time, I got two of mine answered on the last ESO Live show :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my favorite things about the 4-man content Dungeons is that normal and veteran were often sequential in their storyline. I noticed this was not the case in White Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison, normal and veteran difficulty were identical in their story. Was this a one time thing, or can we expect that future 4-man dungeons will no longer have the great part 1 and part 2 to them we saw in previously released dungeons?
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A CS rep has recently indicated to me that they aren't able to actually read the CS tickets. Can you address this please?
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • ZOS_KaiSchober
    MaKTaiL wrote: »
    When is the next ESO Live? Miss you guys :)
    The next show is on Friday, January 15. We just collected your questions for the AuA.

Kai Schober
    Senior Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch
    Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The next show is on Friday, January 15. We just collected your questions for the AuA.

YES! Awesome :)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_KaiSchober This is the perfect post to ask this question to! Do we need to RE-ask a question if it doesn't get answered.... do you guys go through all pages of this thread before every ESO Live to collect questions for the AuA?
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, off Friday n can watch normally I see them on YouTube
    Lol
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭

Where the answers AuA from previous two shows? Not seen posted here on forums yet...
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_GinaBruno hi guys, I saw on the last ESO live that my question got answered, about if there will be an option to recraft and armor to a higher level of it will be ever included in the game. the answer was no, as it would not benefit the economy, as people would wear their "favourite" gear the whole time, they would just recraft it to higher level. and do not buy new gear from the crafters.

I must disagree Kai, in case that the recrafting to higher level would cost more mats, than to craft it anew, then it would benefit the economy - people would seek crafters for:
    - crafting new gear
    - recrafting their old favourite gear to higher level

please see this post - there are very good replies there:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/231613/why-is-there-not-a-possibility-to-improve-the-level-of-a-particular-armor-weapon/p1

Edited by altemriel on January 11, 2016 7:31PM
  • Sweatyrabbit
    altemriel wrote: »
    ...as people would wear their "favourite" gear the whole time, they would just recraft it to higher level. and do not buy new gear from the crafters.

I must disagree Kai, in case that the recrafting to higher level would cost more mats, than to craft it anew, then it would benefit the economy - people would seek crafters for:
    - crafting new gear

What?
    Why would you spend more mats 'recrafting or amending' your current gear than it would cost to 'craft' the SAME gear, only higher level, in the first place?

I don't understand what you are trying to say?

XboxOne - Sweatyrabbit86
    630CP+
    50 Redguard DK - Tank, DC
    50 Imperial Templar - DPS/Healz - DC
    50 High Elf Templar - Heal - DC
    50 Khajiit Sorc - DPS - AD
    50 Redguard Warden - DPS - DC
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    ...as people would wear their "favourite" gear the whole time, they would just recraft it to higher level. and do not buy new gear from the crafters.

- crafting new gear

What?
    Why would you spend more mats 'recrafting or amending' your current gear than it would cost to 'craft' the SAME gear, only higher level, in the first place?

I don't understand what you are trying to say?

This would allow outdated sets that lots of people like (Silks of the Sun, Martial Knowledge, even Fjords Legacy) to be viable at max level once more, and would require very good crafters to upgrade them.

Oh look, Anook.
  • iviikeonxbox
    iviikeonxbox
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox One | Daggerfall Covenant

Twitter.com/iviikeonxbox
    Twitch.tv/iviikeonxbox
    YouTube.com/iviikeonxbox
  • Naslu
    Naslu
    ✭✭✭
    1. Are new monster sets of the undaunted coming into the game (for dungeons that have non yet i.e. Arx Corinium)?
    2. With Orsinium DLC Leaderboards got changed to list up 100 characters instead of 100 teams. Are there plans to revert this back to the old system of listing?
    3. Can you give us an overview which future features will be DLC exclusive and which will be included in game basic updates:
    • Barber Service
    • Housing
    • Spellcrafting
    • Trial(s)
    • PVP-Arena
    4. Whats the current cp average in game? What will be the next cap? When will the current cap of 501 cp be raised?

thx
    rgds Naslu
    Guild Hodor
    • Marbella Ori / Temp Healer
    • Naslu / Stam Templer
    • Ordaril / Magicka Sorc
    • Allaine De Ladonia / Magicka DK
    • Gretel Witchhunter / Magicka NB
    • Lili Catani / Magicka Tank NB
    • Prince Adam of Eternia / Stam DK

[/center]
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When will we see vet versions of many of the normal dungeons out there?

Dungeons like Volenfell and Selene's Web have stories that ended unresolved. I would really love to see the vet continuation of these dungeons, as well as revisiting the really interesting scenery and settings of these dungeons.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we there yet?
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Joseph_Nil
    Joseph_Nil
    ✭✭
    Is it possible to access the Alliance Points account wide like Gold etc?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joseph_Nil wrote: »
    Is it possible to access the Alliance Points account wide like Gold etc?
    @Joseph_Nil No. Alliance Points are essentially a measure of one character's prowess on the battlefield, rather than a currency, and as such, can't be banked.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
This discussion has been closed.