Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Afternoon!

I have one question that many players including myself would like answered, as well as a follow up.

Why can't we mount during combat?
    Would you consider changing this?

There's many other mechanics that could be changed or altered to drastically improve quality of life, including but not limited to:
    • While mounting in combat, you start with 25% stamina
    • Not able to mount within 5-10 seconds since last damage dealt by you
    • Not able to mount within 5-10 seconds of taking damage

Any one of the above would be very easy to implement, and it would increase the QOL tenfold.
    At the very least, please explain why this mechanic is in place, and allow players to debate.

Kindest Regards,
    'Chaos

PS. FPS patch worked wonders, you're on the right track on improving performance. Keep it up!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom <3
    Edited by _Chaos on May 6, 2016 2:09PM
    'Chaos
  • demonaffinity
    demonaffinity
    ✭✭✭
    Is it possible that we will be able to reskin looted equipment one day?
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unique weapons!!!
    (That is able to form certain attacks like a flame buster sword will have its special attack that can burst out flame up to 4 meters while having a cool down for 60 sec and glow once the special attack is used?)
  • Jesh
    Jesh
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see a unique weapon: powerful, special effect, cannot be bound, can be equipped by a player of any level, that is hidden somewhere in the world. It could be sold, traded, etc. But there is only ONE of this weapon in all of Tamriel. If the weapon is unused for a period of one month, it vanishes and is hidden again, somewhere in the world (never the same place twice). Any plans for unique items like this?
    Edited by Jesh on May 6, 2016 3:15PM
    DK Stam DPS
    Templar Healer
    NB Magica DPS
  • Jesh
    Jesh
    ✭✭✭
    Question for @Wrobel
    Any thoughts on reworking Traits as slots? Trait Slots would work somewhat like Enchants currently do. You could even incorporate a "blacksmiths' fee" when items are re-traited (10k gold maybe).
    DK Stam DPS
    Templar Healer
    NB Magica DPS
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any plans on giving guild tabard its own slot so that it would stack on costumes and such?
    Motto:
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us...
    What we have done for others and the world, it remains and is immortal...”

About me:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia & @Lilith-Valar'ia (in-game)
    | hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |
    | The Sanctum Sanctorum - founder & guild master |

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
    Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
    S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
    Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (160CP)
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    Over the past few weeks there has been a lot of debate over the "difficulty" of the game.
    Nerfing some of the more difficult dungeons might give some newer players a chance to enjoy content you spent many hours on making it, but without adding newer, harder dungeons, core players are left with little to no fun content.

My question is: will you ever consider adding an optional "Nightmare" mode to veteran dungeons, similar to activating Hard Mode on certain final bosses?

Craglorn should be made soloable!!!

Is it possible that we will be able to reskin looted equipment one day?

I want that too!! change style of items!! and upgrade level!!

• GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for explaining the XP thing :) Glad to hear it's capped at 160 and if your Champion Rank is any value above that you still get full XP from CP 160 monsters :)
  • LokomotivBreath
    LokomotivBreath
    ✭✭✭
    Will there be any older lower level gear sets (VR10-15) that will be re-introduced at CP160?
    DC - Ban D'aid - Breton Templar Healer
    DC - Ken Worth - Redguard Dragonknight
    DC - Shock n Oz - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer
    DC - Shaahni the Blade - Khajiit Nightblade
    XBoxOne
    "I believe you have my stapler"
  • ianshere82b14_ESO
    Any plans to allow the merchant assistant to sell items like repair kits?
  • Mercenary55
    Mercenary55
    Soul Shriven
    Why not make werewolf a toggle ultimate like overload except when you toggle off you need to re-fill your ultimate? Its not like it's too powerfull to be in for long periods of time, in PvP they always die quickly kind of a waste of ultimate.
  • Solace of Shadows
    "I agree. The limited transformation times always seem...premature."

"Hey!" Shadow growled, "You try keeping up spiritually transmogrified flesh despite the overwhelming pressure of naturally occurring laws of reality based integrity!"

I grinned, "I can keep my flesh up all night..."

"I will literally do everything in my power to stop you from finishing that sentence." Shadow threatened. "I will tear out your own skull with my teeth and beat you to death with it."

"That doesn't seem exactly um, you know, physically possible." I said nervously.

"Heh, Famous. Last. Words."
    Edited by Solace of Shadows on May 11, 2016 11:03PM
    Solace In Shadows is my name in the realm of Tamriel. If you disagree with my words or disparage my sentiments, then face me on the battlefield and you can kiss my axe.
  • petraeus1
    petraeus1
    ✭✭✭✭
    With kill cams coming for DB when using the Blade of Woe, will we also see kill cams / execution animations when fighting normally vs. humanoids (like what Skyrim had)?
  • eselouis
    eselouis
    when are you going to make it possible to kill the Gaurds. Any Guards, All Guards. I just want to shove my magic staff right up where the sun don't shine. the whole them being invicible is just not fair to the player or the game story devlopment in my ESO world!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    petraeus1 wrote: »
    With kill cams coming for DB when using the Blade of Woe, will we also see kill cams / execution animations when fighting normally vs. humanoids (like what Skyrim had)?

yes I totally want that too!! I have been requesting it months earier, MMORPG multi-player they said :smiley:
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are there any Fathers' Day/Mothers' Day or Black Friday equivalent days in the Lore of Tamriel?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why are there no children in tamriel ? What happened to all the youth in tamriel?
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would it be possible to show the cost of upcoming items in the crown store showcases? You know so we can financially plan out what we are going to buy for the month.
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • kratier
    kratier
    ✭✭✭✭
    any possibility of classes not focused on magical/mystical abilities?
    i want to play a pure-warrior class, or pure archer class, but all you guys seem to have are magical kinds of classes
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When can we get new emotes such as :
    Carrying crates and barrels.
    Eating, drinking, reading, writing while sitting.
    Smoking a pipe.
    Walking with a torch.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on May 9, 2016 2:59AM
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Recalculating traits attributions

Hi guys, I know you have your hand full at the moment with Dark Brotherhood and all the changes coming up but I was wondering if you guys were considering coming back to a more structure loot-table ?

For example :

Item Wise: Discontinue some type of drop such as Destruction Staff, Marksman Set, or Transmutation Bow ?
    Trait Wise: Adjusting some type of set so they now get specific traits instead of random one ? As an example Scatting Mage always drop define while Marksman always drop well-fited as an example.

I use to have a love and hate relationship with that system back in the day, now I realise you've adjust the loot table so that only specific traits could appear from some set, but I do Wonder if this could not be revisit and maybe adjusting that even further down.

Maybe:

Dongeon Set (Helmet/Shoulder/Dungeon specific set) could come in Divines, Infuse, Reinforced (no longer well-fitted)
    Open World set (Any), could come in Exploration, Sturdy, and Training
    Trial set (Any), could come in a best in slot pre-design system or have the same as dungeon,
    PVP set (Any), could come in well-fited, impenetrable, and divines, infuse
    World boss set (any), could come in with a specific pre-design traits attribution system.
    Maestrom weapon (any), could come in with a specific pre-design traits attribution system offensive being Sharpend or Precise while defensive could be Defending or Weighted (actually I wouldn't have defensive weapon at all, just a shield as the Maestrom official weapon which could have is own traits, instead of having defending as a traits for any of the other weapon).

So as you may notice the question stopped a little bit earlier :smile: I do hope you guys could answer it. BTW great jobs on the new traits (does really work well with my theorie don't you think !)
  • Mallybls17
    Are there any plans to improve group dungeons so it not just guilds and their respective member that get to enjoy aka farm the spoils. maybe have a week delay or longer, before the same players with the same id "no matter in what order" names can group up for group dev and dungeon runs.
  • Mallybls17
    i am a med/light armor user and it has taken a long time to get my character just right, with this new dark brotherhood update i really hope my cp percentage will not go down or my armor stats that i work so hard to make, and why is heavy armor getting tougher if you ask me its tough enough, considering all the perk dragonknights get, coupled with that stupid healing cheat that templars do i say it just jut fair for the little guys, and how much harder it is to make a med or light armor player strong i say heavy armor is good just the way it is, let them fight for their kills for a change if you ask me. but it whatever i will still take them down with my v16 nightblade thats unless ya'll @#$% it up for me.
  • Mallybls17
    why are there no capes the loading screen shows capes i want mine, make it 501 cp and higher compatibility
  • Mallybls17
    have your ever thought about having players that have builds in different alliances, load on to different pvp servers when they switch player characters and alliance sides in pvp. or maybe have the american server go against other country servers
  • wylievc
    wylievc
    ✭✭✭
    With the current changes going into stamina DK abilities for DB can we PLEASE see a STAMINA morph for LAVA WHIP. Any morph, doesn't matter, or replace one with new morph. Could name it poison or venomous whip! I don't like wrecking blow.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the TTK in pvp, back to where the game feels like a first person shooter with insta kills, is this your vision ? or are you making any efforts to bring pvp combat back to feeling like a an mmo ? Because the combat we have now in pvp is not mmo combat, and is not fun for a lot of people, and we keep losing people because of all this along with the other problems.
    Thanks
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on May 11, 2016 3:12PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, is there any update about Barber shop? When is it planned to come?

Is there any update about Spellcrafting? I really would love to see it in the game :)!!
  • Pender22
    Pender22
    Soul Shriven
    Quick couple of question for the devs, I have been on this game since beta, and It seems as though more and more people are using exploits in this game, but there is a lack of enthusiasm to repair these issues. I think any one on here knows they can crit rush and hit with 2 wrecking blows and a heavy attack and light attack at the same time the crit rush hits. Also even if another player dodge rolls the crit rush, the other attacks still land. Is this too difficult to fix or is this going to be part of the game, or does this simply lack priority in the progression of the game? Next question: There has always been some debate on animation canceling in this game. At start it was strategy to weave light attacks in your skill attacks to regen resources and add some extra dps overpowering your enemy skill, but now it seems that everyone is canceling most of the skills and unless your a super tank your dead before you have time to respond. Which takes absolutely no skill at all. Wasn't as bad when damage was soft capped so that players would have some time to respond to stealth attacks. Is there any plan to over haul the animation canceling?
This discussion has been closed.